LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Uh-Oh. Getting Bronchitis. Now What?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Uh-Oh. Getting Bronchitis. Now What?
chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chaps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was doing OK, taking MMS. Then Wed. afternoon felt a sore throat coming on. Thursday started getting body aches, and sinus condition. Friday, it started affecting my voice.

I have not taken abx in 7 years since getting Lyme. I've been able to hold down a 40 hr/wk job all this time.

I'm going to have to see a doctor to take care of this current thing to prevent it from turning into pneumonia. I'm sure they're going to want to give me abx, like Cipro or something. I'm worried about that because of it's consequences, particularly throwing bugs into cyst form, as well as causing problems with the gut.

Does anyone have any advice on what abx might be the best to take in this situation?

There aren't any Lyme-literate docs in my area. I have one doc who is somewhat Lyme literate, but not really. He has a Lyme protocol that consists of Antivirals, Cipro, Ivermectin, and Flagyl, in what order or combinations I don't know.

If I'm given Cipro for the bronchitis, then it seems that I'll have to go on something for the resulting cysts.

Anyone ever had the same problem?

--------------------
-chaps
�Listen to the bell, Borrelia. It tolls for thee!�

Posts: 631 | From A little place called, "we'll see." | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps a nanosilver product such as SilverBiotics could help. For bronchitis, ..., hmmm, not sure the best way that could be used for it. Netipot is good for sinus infection, it can be used orally or IV for internal. I wonder if nebulizer approach would be best for bronchitis.

Probably other ideas. Maybe there is a homeopathic good for that particular infection that could be used?

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Summer3
Member # 35286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Summer3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps you could take grapefruit seed extract if you do end up on an antibiotic.

--------------------
http://www.lymepie.blogspot.com

Posts: 1129 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chaps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I've been gargling deep several times a day along with sinus rinses with the neti-pot. I've taken grapefruit seed extract, olive leaf extract, liposomal C among other stuff.

Used nebulizer with thieves oil last night.

None of it put a dent in this.

I don't know of any doctors around here who could prescribe homeopathics for this kind of an infection, particularly on a Saturday.

I've got some Sovereign Silver, but I kinda think that throws Lyme into cyst form also.

I've pretty much resigned myself to having to take abx. I'm just wondering which one I could take with the least consequences on the Lyme.

--------------------
-chaps

Posts: 631 | From A little place called, "we'll see." | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

In the meantime, maybe I'll try the silver in the neti pot and the nebulizer.

Michael, how many drops should be put into the Neti Pot and how many into the nebulizer? I've never nebulized silver before.

--------------------
-chaps

MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I've used netipot and nebulizer with silver, which has been just occasionally, I've used it straight (not drops mixed with water, just the nanosilver straight in there). This is what my MD doc told me to do with it.

This brand SilverBiotics is labeled as 10ppm, and labeled as 50mcg silver per teaspoon. So, if what you have is dramatically stronger than this, perhaps keep that in mind (maybe dilute it if that's the case, just guessing).

As tindamax is for the cyst form, if you think it would work on the bronchitis, perhaps it's the one you'd want to use, if your main concern is avoiding cyst form. I know clindamycin was a terrible one for me, in terms of ending my gut's ability to handle abx, and I think others have found it rough as well. If memory serves, my doc says he's seen a number of veterans that ciprofloxacin really did a number on, so that's another thing you might keep in mind.

Some health food stores do have a little homeopathic section, I haven't ever tried that. I can't vouch that they're any good, but know they're there.

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellen101
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure why they would give you cipro for bronchitis. I would think they may give you a zpack. I,m a little confused though if you got rid of Lyme 7 yrs ago, why would you think taking an antibiotic would bother things now?
Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

Anyone know anything about Ceftin? That's what my doc has prescribed.

Ellen, sorry for confusing you. I became ill with Lyme 7 years ago. I have always used alternative modalities to treat it, rife, etc. and have never taken abx in the 7 years that I've had it. It looks like I'm going to lose my abx virginity today.

I started taking MMS 3 drops/hr for 8 hrs/day. I was tolerating it pretty well, but then, right before Thanksgiving after being on this dosage for a week, I developed a terrible sinus condition and a sore throat. Sinuses ran like a faucet and I had wicked sneezing fits. Mucus was clear, seemed very much like a real bad allergic reaction. I thought it was a healing crisis like those I've heard about before, when the immune system starts recovering as a person recovers from Lyme.

I recovered from that without taking any pharmaceutical products and I had backed off the MMS for a couple of days. Was fine until this week.

I went back on the MMS and once again, just after being on the 24 drops over 8 hrs for several days, I started getting a sore throat. The next day, this was accompanied by chills (no fever) sore, achy muscles. The third day, sinuses flared up, but this time the mucus was kinda greenish/brownish.

By the end of the third day, it started affecting the voice, like laryngitis. The throat feels swollen. Between that and the voice, it's hard for people to understand me when I talk.

Today is the 4th day and I can feel it spreading to the bronchial tubes. When I gargle with salt water, I kinda half-swallow it (without actually swallowing any) before gargling to get it deep into the throat. This loosens up what's deep in the throat. Then as I put my face over the sink and expectorate, I try to inhale a little into the bronchial tubes, and you wouldn't believe how well that works. It's helped to clear that stuff out, but I still think I need something more systemic in nature.

Anyway, I finally got a hold of a doc, and he is prescribing Ceftin. He said this should not be too tough on the gut. Anyone else have any experience with Ceftin?

--------------------
-chaps

GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would suggest you have someone test you for Lungworm/Varestrongylus klapowi, a parasite which is being treated with Ivermectin, etc. 80% of Lyme patients need to be treated for lungworm, per Dr. K. Can cause symptoms starting in the gut all the way up to throat, asthma,
sinus problems.

Search here for Lungworm protocol that has been talked about quite a bit.

Best to you.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree with GiGi 110%. I used to get bronchitis and pneumonia at least once a yr and had SEVERE asthma for yrs until I went after parasites. Google parasite symptoms.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

Yes, Gigi and Gael, I agree, I need to get after the parasites harder. I've been using herbals which I think only get a person so far. I'll have that test done. Thanks for the heads-up on that.

I wonder if the MMS has stirred this stuff up, prompting the reaction.

A lot of people can't tolerate MMS at all because it's such strong stuff, but I cruised right on up to the 24 drops/day because I'd been rifing and on salt/C for several months prior. I only got up to 9 grams with the salt/C and started having some kidney pain, so it freaked me out. I got off of it for a few days and then was told that I had to scale up all over again. That kinda frustrated me. That's what prompted me to get on the MMS.

I'll tell you what, I'm spitting out a lot of junk.

--------------------
-chaps

glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chaps,

I REALLY encourage you to go back on the salt/c again. The scaling up might not take that long since you have been on it before. Also, I have read on lymestrategies of people having kidney herxes.

As far as antiparsitic herbals, I added cloves and Digestive Enzymes (Super Digestawy by Soloray) also antiparasitic to the herbals and salt/c. Important to stay on aniparasitics until symptom free. Hope you feel better.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
terv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
glm1111,

When you treated for parasites did your asthma get worse from a herx?

Posts: 832 | From Somewhere | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

As far as I can remember, it got better and better as I treated, however I still had to use my inhaler on and off and eventually I didn't need it any more.

Also, I was drinking strong black coffee at the time (coffee WITHOUT cream has natural theopyllin in it and acts as a bronchodialtor)

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

I'd like to go back to Salt/C because MMS seems so strong. Besides at a certain point on MMS, you graduate from the MMS1 protocol to the MMS2 protocol.

MMS2 is calcium hypochlorite. Pool shock! That's the stuff that you have to be careful about storing in your garage because if it leaks out of the bag, it could start your house on fire. And you're supposed to drink this stuff?

Naah. Not for me. I'll stick to MMS1 until I don't herx, then I'll go back to Salt/C.

The MMS1 is strong enough.

One of the benefits of the MMS is that once I'm on it for a week, I don't get a film on my tongue in the morning, so it seems to be doing more to kill fungi in the gut than Salt/C did. I also felt the MMS killing bugs in my eyes. I don't get the dry eyes in the AM as much. I'll stay on it for a while until I stop making strides on it. I really think getting these colds is due to the MMS helping me getting my immune system back.

I haven't stopped the antiparasite herbs. I started with Humaworm, switched to Kroger Wormwood Combo and Cloves, now starting Parastroy. I'm rotating them in hopes of less chance of the worms building up a resistance, even though the formulas all seem similar.

--------------------
-chaps

Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrographis is excellent for respiratory infections, and it kills Lyme & Bart, too.

Might also try castor oil pack on the chest, with Thieves or Eucalyptus Radiata essential oil...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Inhaling salt ions via a salt pipe/inhaler would kill bacteria and viruses in the lungs.

This is a tube of dry salt crystals, and you breathe in air that flows through the salt, picking up molecules of salt.

This is a simpler way of treating lung conditons than by going down into a salt mine.
You can find vendors for salt inhalers at Amazon and at eBay.

Also, don't forget that Lobelia is good for lung problems.
http://www.iherb.com/search?kw=lobelia#cid=2250&none

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are safe and will shorten the duration of infection : chopped garlic ( you can mash it in some beans or food but CHEW it thoroughly ) 1-2 cloves about twice a day ; goldenseal (3 capsules 2 X daily=6 ) and olive leaf ( 3 capsules 2X daily=6 ) . Also, throw in some VIT C chewable and then REST .

I think these are very helpful !

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talktel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talktel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as abx goes, cipro is typically give for a UTI. Not for the upper respitory.

For an URI they give z-pac, Levaquin, ceftin, Augmentin, or in those drug family etc.

--------------------
RI

Posts: 440 | From New York | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellen101
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spent yesterday in the Er with a horrible case of bronchitis. They gave me a breathing treatment and an rx for pack. I am already feeling better.

Sometimes bronchitis is just bronchitis and has nothing to do with parasites. My whole family was sick as well as my coworkers.

Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiden424
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiden424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have that going around here too. It's a nasty virus, so not sure an antibiotic will help anyway.

Kathy

--------------------
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Posts: 807 | From South Dakota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

I think a virus was involved in mine too because of the flu-like symptoms it started out with.

Matter-of-fact, the night before the flu symptoms kicked in, I had this weird soreness in my legs that's hard to describe, but it feels like it's in the skin layer and a can remember getting this type of thing back when my immunne system was strong, right before a herpes outbreak.

Thanks for all the suggestions, folks. I'm getting better on the Ceftin, but VERY slowly. I'm going to do the raw garlic and try nebulizing some Sovereign Silver to see if that helps.

I've already been taking OLE.

--------------------
-chaps

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement