LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Yellow Stool and Back Pain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yellow Stool and Back Pain
RZR
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have experienced right quadrant pain that radiates around the right side and mid-back pain, off and on, for months. When it flares though, the pain is almost constant. For the past week, I now have yellow stool.

Could this be gallbladder without severe pain?

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yellow stool makes me think gallbladder. That right-sided pain could be appendix. Sounds like your endorcrin system is a little off.

I would consider coffee enemas to help stimulate the body to produce new bile rather than circulating the old.

Good luck.

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didogs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for didogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was gallbladder for me. I had horrific back pain. Is it worse after you eat?
Posts: 238 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didogs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for didogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, the liver, pancreas and gall bladder are all there so may be worth having blood levels checked? When I initially started with this type of pain, my GI had said could be issues with either of the above. Just my experience though. Good luck. I know that back pain really hurts. Hang in there
Posts: 238 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RZR
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tammy N.:
Yellow stool makes me think gallbladder. That right-sided pain could be appendix. Sounds like your endorcrin system is a little off.

I would consider coffee enemas to help stimulate the body to produce new bile rather than circulating the old.

Good luck.

I have done daily coffee enemas for years...helps expel parasites. Thanks!

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rera2528
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rera2528     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would get your blood levels checked. Those could be liver symptoms.
Posts: 447 | From Vermont | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There can be many, many causes for this.

Blood work is the first step, but also schedule an ultrasound of the abdomen, this will cover all your major organs.

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RDaywillcome
Member # 21454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RDaywillcome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't let that go too long without being checked by your doctor.

When I was going through just having the yellow stools and felt terrible and couldn't eat, my primary thought it was the flu and I went that way for a week.

My llmd thought it was due to a herx. I finally couldn't stand it any longer and finally drove myself to the primary's office and had to be ambulanced from her office to the hospital.

At first they had no idea what was going on and kept shooting me up with morphine, well after an ultrasound and cat scan, they finally took me off the morphine which was making me turn yellow.

It was a gallstone lodged into my pancreatic duct. Three weeks and two days in the hospital before I was able to go home. Then after recuperating, they took out my gall bladder.

That's why I'm saying don't let it get to a point where I was. I'm not saying it's that but just want you to know. Good luck and thoughts are with you

Posts: 1738 | From over the rainbow | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely get things checked out.. the liver included.

RDAY .. sorry to hear you've been so ill! I've had a stone in my bile duct too. Not fun!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please check out my post on Liver Flukes. A good doctor and probably a series of colonics with a certified colon therapist may do good for you.
If you have five feet of plugged up colon affecting the clearing of liver and gallbladder, what you describe happens.

Don't wait.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RZR
Member # 20953

quote:
Originally posted by rera2528:
I would get your blood levels checked. Those could be liver symptoms.

Blood work done monthly...last week all levels were fine.

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

didogs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40101

That is good to hear. My blood levels were always fine too. All gall bladder tests always fine too. GI told me everything was due to inflammation-this was before I knew I had lyme.

I did end up with gall bladder removed as I was losing tons of weight-couldn't eat and in tremendous pain. Pathology showed gall bladder full of sludge and that it had been swelling up to 3 times it's size.

Just tell you this to keep it in mind. I really believe I had lyme/bart hanging out in my gall bladder.

RDaywillcome
Member # 21454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RDaywillcome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Lymetoo, but it's been a while since that happened. An infectious disease duck at the hospital was trying to blame it on the antibiotics and said my treatment was unconventional but my surgeon said it was NOT due to antibiotics.

During some of the tests they also saw cysts on my liver and kidneys. I had to be tube fed and I was so dehydrated that the tube had to go in an area right below my neck.

I hated when I had to try and eat regular food after three weeks and 2 days being tube fed but if I wanted to go home, I had to make sure I could eat.

I'm sorry to hear you had that also. Did you have to get hospitalized long? It's strange that none of the doctors thought my stools being yellow was not something to worry about.

Posts: 1738 | From over the rainbow | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh good. I thought that's why we hadn't seen you for awhile!

No, I was just sick for months and then had it removed. It was evidently a tiny stone. Could not eat any fats for about 6-8 months.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement