LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » "My 20 Year Journey With Lyme" posted to Web site

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "My 20 Year Journey With Lyme" posted to Web site
w0tm
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for w0tm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was very surprised at the few responses to my recent post concerning gluten intolerance especially since the twelve TOP LLMD study involved 4,000 Lyme infected patients.

This was the largest Lyme research project in over a decade, or more (as far as I know). Three percent of Americans are gluten intolerant (mostly at a low level). Testing of the 4,000 Lyme patients showed over 75% were mostly HEAVILY gluten intolerant. I was 850% over "normal" and that was low (I was told).

Caused by Lyme? LLMD doctors are doing further research. Eliminating gluten from diets caused 98%(!) of the 4,000 to return to good health of between 90 and 100% (as reported by the patients themselves). The 25% not gluten intolerant were almost all Lyme infected less than a year.

I have written this into a summary that includes all I have personally done to suppress (not cure) Lyme in my body

It is at at ]www.yantis.us/lyme

I am buying a dedicated domain name for it and plan to turn the summary into a book.

IF you have had Lyme for more than a few years there is a high probability what I wrote will help you. It has been reviewed by several excellent LLMDs for accuracy. I will also do YouTube and Vimeo videos.

With what few LLMDs America still has the new health laws already in effect or coming soon have caused some to quit, retire or change specialties already with many more to come. IMO, we will soon be left with virtually no LLMD doctors - only charlatans masquerading as Lyme experts see:

**edited link-no doctor's full names are allowed**

I spent over $100,000 with her and my lawyer is now preparing legal action. Such hoaxes and criminality will only get worse as Lyme infections continue to increase while true LLMDs drop in number to almost zero.

We will soon be on our own! IMO. I have one of the few LLMD doctors int he country who is NOT quitting! She is writing an article of the research findings for a major national MD journal (JAMA?). She has also been invited to speak before a group of hundreds of doctors from all over the world at an upcoming major medical conference.

She has asked me to "spread the information on the Internet". I am trying! Please take a moment to read www.yantis.us/lyme

As I say, it will soon be a dedicated Web site and a MUCH expanded book first available in eBook format. Questions? Especially with the soon almost impossible task of finding a competent LLMD becoming NEAR IMPOSSIBLE! we must, MORE THAN EVER, help each other. I alsmot died FOUR(!) time in the He-- of Lyme. But except for the pain of Lyme my health is now 99% excellent. PLEASE report to me your progress (if any) following the steps I outline. What else have you done that POSITIVELY helps reduce your Lyme symptoms.

This is "work is progress". I already realize I left out how important hormones can be. My testosterone was below 30! After four months of shots and pills my testosterone is now 75% of normal. It ALSO makes me feel healthier. Same with female hormones. Lyme is a complex illness and even suppression is NOT easy. I believe after 20 years I am not ALMOST well.

Lyme is not curable (except during the first three weeks after being bitten by taking 100 mg of doxycycline twice a day. After that you will battle Lyme for the rest of your life. Let your guard down just once and you backslide very quickly!

I have spent close to a million dollars suppressing Lyme in my body. I was SUCCESSFUL! I NOW WANT TO GIVE BACK TO MY FELLOW MAN! I KNOW ABSOLUTELY THE SHEER HE-- OF LYME! I HAVE BEEN WHERE MANY OF YOU ARE TODAY. HAVING GIVEN UP ON LIFE WITH EACH DAY TOTAL BEING EXHAUSTED, LYME BRAIN FOG, ETC. You, like I was, are just waiting to die. Right? Blunt but true.

This no longer has to be. I believe following all I wrote will help many of you (most?) but research continues. I am in the middle of it all. As a (forced to retire) research engineer (electronics) I am analytic and non-emotion data driven to a fault. Was that why I was chosen to be the first test subject? Perhaps. I have many electronic patents to my name. If you have ever received a speeding ticket - blame me. The patent that allows "instant RADAR lock on" has my name on it. I am well known in electronics but, here, I am just someone who has the terrible illness of Lyme.

Yes, this post is very long but it MAY BE THE MOST IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOU WILL EVER READ IN your PERSONAL "WAR" TO RID YOURSELF OF LYME! THUS, I MAKE NO APOLOGIES!

Questions! First, attempt to find answers by reading this document over and over again. If you till need help I am ready to help you! I already receive 300+ e-mails a day from those who already heard of this MAJOR LLMD research project. I am now ready for many more! [email protected] or
PM me on lymenet or make it public for others to read (preferred IMO).

We MUST work together as the number of competent LLMDs and the number one plague (Lyme) rages on!

I feel like Rip Van Winkle having woken up from a Lyme induced semi-coma with brain fog to the level I often had to think what year it was! I went to sleep a healthy and active 45 year-old contributing to society then woke up a 65 year-old "senior citizen".

I'll never regain those 20 lost years! What I do with what years I have remaining is what counts now! Helping those still trapped in the cage of Lyme is now my goal! Thank you for reading and may you soon feel as healthy as I do right now!

Best regards,
Gary
Kansas City

[ 03-26-2013, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: faithful777 ]

Posts: 133 | From Shawnee, KS | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VV
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Eliminating gluten from diets caused 98%(!) of the 4,000 to return to good health of between 90 and 100% (as reported by the patients themselves)."

Sounds great, but I guess I'm part of the remaining 2% then. I've been gluten free for 8-9 months and have seen no particular benefit from it.

Posts: 922 | From Philadelphia | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
droid1226
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for droid1226     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most people here are gluten free and still sick.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/droid1226/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posts: 1181 | From ohio | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VV
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by droid1226:
Most people here are gluten free and still sick.

I've noticed. This makes me highly skeptical of the above statistics.
Posts: 922 | From Philadelphia | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daphnesmom1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daphnesmom1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the yantis link doesn't work for me

--------------------
"Yeah, I miss me too."

Posts: 234 | From NY originally registered in 2008 | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VV
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38828

First one had a typo. Try this:
www.yantis.us/lyme

Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been gluten-free for 8 years...no change in lyme symptoms from before gluten-free vs. after.

I question this statistic.

I know Lyme can trigger Celiac in the genetically susceptible, and I know Lyme can cause non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity or even a Wheat allergy in those who are genetically predisposed to such things.

But to say that people will achieve symptomatic relief from Lyme/coinfections from going gluten-free is a bit of a stretch in my opinion...

And my personal experience, and that of many others I know of, also suggests this is a stretch.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sillia
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sillia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Lyme/gluten connection, it's not clear which is cause and which is effect, or whether there is another factor that affects both conditions.

Due to genetic susceptibility (and on the off-chance it would help me feel better), I quit gluten totally several years before I got my lyme diagnosis. My symptoms did not improve, in fact they kept getting worse until I started abx treatment. Three years into treatment, I am still sick but have a lot of improvements.

I continue to avoid gluten just in case, but doing so doesn't give me any noticeable result. And I am VERY careful--I don't get any traces or cross-contamination. (Have friends who are very gluten sensitive so I know all the pitfalls.)

Posts: 261 | From Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried but can't read/understand everything on that link.

I'm one of the 2% also.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daynise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daynise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldn't read it either- the text is too bulky for my eyes.

I am gluten free for 4 years and in the 2%. Removing gluten has reduced inflammation for me but neuro symptoms and gastro-intestinal symptoms have gotten worse every year so gluten wasn't entirely it for me either...

But I am very happy that you have had such success and are feeling better.

Posts: 428 | From Midwest | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kat1777
Member # 39231

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kat1777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD told me that the vast majority of his Lyme patients are NOT gluten intolerant. Hmmm, interesting!
Posts: 90 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessicabooklover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39427

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessicabooklover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is ridiculous. Jess.
Posts: 870 | From ct | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjourneys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjourneys   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been gluten free for about 4 yrs now. Gut symptoms eased but didn't go away. then I was diagnosed with Lyme in Jan 2013. I probably misdiagnosed with FMS/CFS for year when it was probably Lyme all along.

After being gluten free for 4 yrs, the Lyme symptons reappeared - had nothhing to do with being gluten free!!!!

LLMD says Celiac's may have actually been caused by Lyme and I may be able to go back to a normally diet if we ever get the Lyme gone!

Posts: 250 | From East Coast | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjourneys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjourneys   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too cannot read the information on the link. It is too hard on the eyes to get through it.
Posts: 250 | From East Coast | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
w0tm, from what I recall of your last post re: gluten, people were asking you what specific test your LLMD was doing re: the gluten and I do not remember if you gave an answer.

Also, I am curious to know what other LLMDs participated in this study. Perhaps you can give us more info such as: Dr. X in KY so we have more info.

You state that "Eliminating gluten from diets caused 98%(!) of the 4,000 to return to good health of between 90 and 100% (as reported by the patients themselves). The 25% not gluten intolerant were almost all Lyme infected less than a year."

That's a pretty outrageous statistic to me and likely to many othersw here. If getting well from Lyme Disease and coinfections was THAT easy, surely we'd have known it a long time ago and there wouldn't be a Lymenet. I would really like to see the raw, scientific data/study on this.

Like others, we've been there/done that with the gluten free diet and it hasn't made any difference whatsover. We are doing it again due to recent relapse, because hey, it can't hurt.

Not sure I appreciate your definitive statement that Lyme cannot be cured. I don't think anyone has the answer to that. I chose to believe it can be, because there is no evidence to the contrary.

As for your webpage, it is hard for me to read, both because of a smallish font which I think is times new roman (hard to read to begin with) as well as very long paragraphs.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing more about this.

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
droid1226
Member # 34930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for droid1226     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you know what you are talking about and have no clue at the same time.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/droid1226/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posts: 1181 | From ohio | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My DD has been gluten free for a long time and she's not better. I find it hard to believe that most people will get well from going GF.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EWT1638
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EWT1638     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just found out about the bioneurotoxins in my blood, getting ready to start dealing with those. My LLMD believes that everything is interconnected. That you can not get really better until you deal with these, basically they keep you sick.

A lot of gut issues are due to diet, yeast and molds. You have too look at the whole picture, as it becomes available. We are learning more and more but there are still a lot of murky waters out there.

--------------------
When you reach your "wits-end" remember this: "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

Posts: 397 | From Loudoun County Virginia | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement