LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Best Place to Buy Bicillin?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best Place to Buy Bicillin?
jeffinca11
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeffinca11   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone recommend a good place to buy Bicillin?

Thank you.

Posts: 165 | From lymeland | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
migs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for migs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any Mexican border town. Smaller pharmacies only...big chains may ask for prescription.
Posts: 410 | From Victoria BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeffinca11
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeffinca11   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a prescription and want to know the best place (ie target, walmart, online pharmacy, etc...) to get the best price for the bicillin legally.
Posts: 165 | From lymeland | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was on Bicillin, my LLMD's office told me hardly anyone gets it covered by insurance, so they could get it for me directly-

it was full price $$ from their office, no discount (nor did they mark it up)

I then tried to put the script (full box of shots, it said I would bring it to the Dr. for injections, but actually my husband did them)

through my regular pharmacy, CVS, which is where my insurance (Caremark) wants me to go, they were much, much cheaper, because insurance covered most of it.

Having said that: the years before when I had Kaiser, who would cover NO prescription written by anyone other than a Kaiser Dr.,

I would call around and always find Costco pharmacy the cheapest for meds- without insurance coverage.

You do not need to be a member in order to use their pharmacy.

Best of luck-

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeffinca11
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25584

Hi Surprise,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Do you remember how much you paid at CVS? Or the dosage/number of syringes you bought?

I'm pricing it out now and it seems that walmart/target have the best price so far.

Costco doesn't carry or sell injectible medicines from what they told me.

surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jeff-

My particular insurance prefers I use CVS, so I ended up paying $100 for a large box from them,

that lasted me about 5 weeks, I believe.

The price for the same box, from the manufacture, no insurance coverage, no mark up, was $600.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trimom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25843

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trimom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look at Canadian pharmacys at the prices if your insurance won't cover it.

In MA, if I try to price a prescription they won't tell me the price unless I bring the script in which makes shopping around for the best price challenging.

If I have to pay cash and my insurance won't cover it, Target has best prices and they give me some discount that makes a significant difference compared to normal retail.

Posts: 120 | From MA | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susank
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your medical benefits won't cover it?

My ins. co. prescription plan would not but the specialty pharmacy part did.

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pony
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pony     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else have any input/suggestions on this??

CVS is charging me $1,000 a month [Eek!]

Posts: 169 | From The Poconos | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would try to contact pharmaceutical company find out if they have any prescription programs or coupons ,

Try http://www.pparx.org/

Posts: 238 | From Where | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The vet version is a few dollars . There are people here who used it and vet meds are pharmaceutical grade - not at all inferior . My small town pharmacist said he would use vet bicillin if he needed it and had no insurance .

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is Bicilin you can mix yourself that is cheaper, but I don't know where to get it. Someone may have the information here.
Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shehasmoxy
Member # 44186

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shehasmoxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am resurrecting this post from the past!

I believe I will be starting on bicillin shots weekly soon. These will not be covered by insurance as my lyme tests are negative. It seems people use target/costco/Walgreens for the best price.

Has anyone gone the Canadian pharmacy route?

I work with so many vets and I wish I could access veterinary bicillin! I work as a vet tech so I order these things all the time and the price difference is just mind blowing. Drug prices in the US are really a crime!

Posts: 35 | From Boston | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The cheapest I've found is using a goodrx coupon.

The vet meds have a different time release schedule.

The goop for humans is a slow, time release which is necessary for it to be effective from what I've read.

I've called all the big pharmacies and small ones. goodrx was still the cheapest.

It needs to be refrigerated so use caution if ordering from another country. I don't know if it will get stuck in customs.

Good luck.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement