LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Really Awful Aching In Legs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Really Awful Aching In Legs
jessicabooklover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39427

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessicabooklover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone. I have been experiencing really horrible aching in both legs for a few days now. It is a crampy kind of aching. It makes me feel awful.

Does anyone think this could be an electrolyte issue? It is driving me mad. Thanks. Jess

Posts: 870 | From ct | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Messa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Messa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about the electrolytes. i think thats real possible. is it like your muscles locking up and tight or joint throbbing? when ive gone wout drinking much my legs hv locked up. since i been more on top of drinking n hvn salt it's better. I've had the deep aching in my legs before. It is draining.

Sometimes I wonder if its my bodies actual reaction (like auto immune) to being sick or if its just the bacteria. Who knows.

If you cant take meds for pain, take a warm bath or have your husband massage them? I know I know. Don't feel guilty asking him to do this. I always feel bad asking my hubby but we are sick so........I know I love him and I would do it for him [Smile]

Sorry wish I could be more help. Hope it eases up soon.

Posts: 415 | From USA | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had awful aching pain in my legs that began a couple months after an unexplained round red rash on my leg.
Rest did nothing for it, massage did not help.

It did not improve until I began taking sublingual B12.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OtterJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OtterJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jess, I had this pain in my lower legs that felt like someone with a sledgehammer had hit both knees and the pain went down my legs. It turns out I was

deficient in iron. I've heard here on the boards that it can be a magnesium problem as well. Have

you had a blood draw to see if your electrolytes are balanced and you have the proper vitamins on

board? I'm not talking about the Flintstone type, I use gummie type of vitamisn since reg. vitamins

upset my stomach, and then add other vitamins like D and B6 and iron back in throughout the day.

Posts: 482 | From Oregon | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, this can be from electrolyte imbalance.

Can also be from catabolism, which can happen when one is not getting enough calories.

Heating pad, warm bath soaks, Homeopathic Causticum or Aurum Ars. are all things I use to help with the wandering leg pains I get from Lyme/co's.

Maybe something in that list may help you, too?

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is one of the common symptoms of protomyxzoa. I am having a bit of a relapse right now and have mild aching but when it is bad it feels like my muscles want to cramp.

When I first started treating it, the herxing was like having the flu with bad body pain in the muscles and joints. Sometimes it would feel like it was pulling the tendons away from the bone.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessicabooklover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39427

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessicabooklover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone so much for the responses. Jess
Posts: 870 | From ct | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i get aching in my legs after a walk about 15 min. It helps if i stretch them gently afterwards. I actually have to stretch them or won't be able to go for a walk the next day.
Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first thing I would do is add minerals : tiny bit iron, extra potassium , and magnesium citrate ( 3 caps bedtime and sleep very well too ) . THat may help a bunch - probably will.

After that I would consider an enzyme for inflammation that many people say takes away pain - serra peptase . You can read reviews by users at iherb or amazon. I will caution you that it releases biofilm and can cause a huge herx . I started with 2 caps and felt so sick I thought something was wrong! It was the biofilm and more lyme being released . When I cut the dose down , I felt a big difference . It will help you fight lyme and has done remarkable things for arthritisand so many kinds of pain . I am impresssed with the reviews , even for cardio benefits .

That is my intuitive 2 cents. I hope you get some good ideas . Lyme net is a blessing because we can put our heads together and brain storm, and we can encourage one another .

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement