LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » recent info on cryptolepis 2x vs 3x/day?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: recent info on cryptolepis 2x vs 3x/day?
treeinatree
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treeinatree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone who went to the Buhner talk have notes on cryptolepis dosing?

Looking at his website it looks like he used to recommend a max dose of 1 tsp twice a day, but now recommends 1 tsp three times a day.

My question is, what is the 3x/day based on? I would prefer to do 1.5 tsp twice a day but maybe there is a reason for dividing it into three doses.

Tree

Posts: 146 | From South | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
He may have mentioned it but Cryptolepis seems not to be in the Babesia section of this note set.

http://www.betterhealthguy.com/images/stories/PDF/BUHNER%20CONF%20NOTES.pdf

BUHNER, Conference Notes, June 2013 (Scott F)

Excerpt:

. . . DOSAGES (he is speaking in general terms)

Dosages, he said, are person specific � some need lots and some need only a little. He always recommends that patients start herbs slow and work up to higher dosages.

He added that you won�t feel right when you�ve gone over your perfect dosage, and it is at that time, that you need to back off the dosage to a point when you feel right taking the herbs. . . .

-----

. . .Buhner did note that with tick-borne diseases, he believes pharmaceutical drugs
(antibiotics) are very necessary to turn around an acute condition, however, he prefers
short-term antibiotic use, then using plants if more help is needed. . . .
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Where it's suggested to do so,

Three x a day, spread out is usually better than two. Better for several reasons. Better coverage against infection around the clock (some Rx and some herbs work out too quickly so need to be spread out)

and lower doses, but spread out, can be easier on the organs that process all this.

For instance, one that I take so am familar with the timing issue: andrographis only lasts about 6 hours in the body (so at least 3, maybe 4 x day if one is up late, seems most logical). Berberine, too, can move out quickly.
-

[ 07-16-2013, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gmb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do 1 tsp twice a day of the Sida/Crypto/Alchonia blend. I started at 5 drops twice a day and ramped up quickly to 100 drops which is about a tsp. I don't really measure or count drops anymore, I just eyeball the amount pulled into the dropper.

Buhner basically sais to start slow and ramp up to your own tolerence. If herx is bad back off to where you're Ok then ramp up again. He's not a regular Dr seeing patients so dosage will vary based on your reactions and combination of other treatment.

I find that twice a day works best for me to off-set my magnesium and probiotics dose times away for ABX and my herbs and other supps.

Its all a crap shoot anyway.

good luck

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
The main thing is to find out how long any Rx or herb will work in the body. Some have a shorter half-life than others.

The best therapeutic coverage - around the clock - really matters or money could just be going down the drain if there are large windows of time where the coverage slacks off.

This can cause resistance and treatment failure.

A note about magnesium and why 3 x day is best (at least twice): to take stress off the kidneys. Too much at one time can damage kidneys. And magnesium can only be absorbed so much at one time.

It certainly can be challenging to figure out time tables that work for all players.
-

[ 07-16-2013, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

CherylSue
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good info. Thx.
Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a huge herx when I did 1.5 tsp 2x/day. But I was on everything else under the sun, too.

Like gmb, I find the midday dose challenging, cuz I'm taking minerals and probiotics.

That's why I like abx with herbs. Abx stay in the bloodstream longer, but herbs give that short burst of very high blood levels. You cover both bases.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It takes a while for people to titrate up to 3 tsp a day. I was one of them and then all of a sudden I was able to go up after taking it for a while.

I was on a lot of other stuff too.

Now the full dose three times a day does nothing at all. Symptoms are finally gone. Hang in there.

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
geronimog
Member # 34875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for geronimog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted to report on a possible side effect of cryptolepis use. I remember reading either Dr H or Buhner claiming that there were no observable side effects of treating with the herb.

I noticed my libido/potency was somewhat reduced during the period I was using it. I guess I suspected it was a herx reaction. However I came across the following study on rats that shows, among other things, a reduction in testosterone when administered cryptolepis.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3409919/

Posts: 65 | From Montreal | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ms dixie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ms dixie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
faithfull,

wasn't 3 teaspoons daily really expensive?

How long did you take it? Was it the combo of the three herbs?

Posts: 153 | From Huntsville Al | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So nobody have any burning of throat after long term usage? In fact certain parts of my body would burn as well, including when I urinated.

Went on & off a few times to confirm this. This was after 1 1/2 years on it. I had no symptoms from it before that & for months though.

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement