LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » fibromyalgia and Lyme Disease

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: fibromyalgia and Lyme Disease
we'll win
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for we'll win     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fellow (involuntary) Lymies (hey I can be somewhat light, I've had LD for 23 years),

Just saw this article linking fibromyalgia to Lyme Disease. Here is the link:

http://www.envita.com/lyme-disease/the-surprising-link-between-fibromyalgia-and-lyme-disease

We'll Win

Posts: 107 | From maryland | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was Lymed about 54 yrs ago.. dxd with FM 33 yrs ago. Dxd with Lyme 13 yrs ago..Recovered 9 yrs ago. The rest is history!

Thanks for the article.

(have not heard that Envita knows how to treat Lyme, however)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Too bad rheumatologists and most MDs don't know this link. Thanks for that article, good to know that some are getting the connection.

And, glad you can be light about donning a nickname. We sure do need humor along the way.

For the respect of all with lyme, though, it's important to know that any group nickname attached to one person automatically puts others in that category and can bring severe sadness to some who deal with this - & others outside of this can use this name against us.

Just last month, there was a professional article from a univeristy that even said we are pleased to take on the "Lymie" name. Very wrong take on that, the authors had. They implied that we WANT to be known by such a nickname and WANT to join a "group" it was very demeaning, the way they did that.

I will see if I can find the link to that article. It had to do with "social science" & web connections. A set back for all with lyme, by their "proclamation" in that regard.

I hope everyone might consider the reasons why it matters to avoid any kind of nickname, even on what may seem here like a closed site (it is not). If they see this anywhere, they think it's okay to call us all that. It is not, especially in a study or survey about those with lyme disease - a paper that is for an entirely different audience.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030226;p=0#000000

Please do not call me “Lymie”
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also was misdiagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Been meaning to write a letter to that rheumatologist.
Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was diagnosed with CFS and Fibromyalgia. I wish the Lyme and CFS Drs would work together and combine their research.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A test for Fibromyalgia?

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/3/32416

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phyl6648
Member # 28522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phyl6648     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was dx with CFIDS/ FM for over 13 yrs. Till 2011 finally dx with Lyme. Still working on getting well. It is tough.
Posts: 1058 | From VA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
we'll win
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for we'll win     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo,

I am only on this site periodically and I know you have probably told your story 1000 times....

But recovered? Fantastic.

Could you share how you recovered at least one more time for this 23 year Lymie?

Thanks.

We'll Win

Posts: 107 | From maryland | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Protomyxzoa can also cause fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is just a "condition". A number of things can cause your nerves to be inflamed.

Chemicals and heavy metals can cause it. A lot of people allergic to nickel that smoke have fibro.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alhambra42
Member # 43047

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alhambra42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i always thought there was a connection between fibro and lyme! more research like this needs to be funded.
Posts: 9 | From Mesa | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We'll win - we're all different in how we recover, probably due to having different strains, different co-infections, different genetics, different weaknesses, etc.

I had a fibro dx for 25 years and I recovered instantly with 150mg oral clindamycin around the clock. It's bacteriostatic, not cidal, so doesn't kill the bacteria - it keeps them from replicating.

We are all different which means the clinda worked for me but not necessarily others.

It lasted 5 years and then didn't work anymore. I'm allergic to most antibiotics so I'm treating more naturally, especially with lots of turmeric to counter the inflammation.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got the old FMS dx. years ago, too. Fortunately, I only had that dx. about a year while continuing to search for answers and discovered it was really lyme disease and co-infections.

It's really sad how after all this time so many people are being medicated to death with little relief for Fibromyalgia, when they could be getting treatment to get at the root cause.

The symptom list for FMS and Lyme Disease are practically identical and yet it still goes unnoticed.

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too. Fibro was one of my first (of many) mis-diagnoses.

I agree, abxnomore!

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement