LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » help please

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help please
jnathan
Member # 41040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jnathan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when I went to my LLMD last month he put me on l-gluthione and alkaselter gold daily because I wasn't detoxing well. I have done everything I can that I've read of to detox.

the past 3 days I've been getting increasingly worse and of course the one time I need my LLMD he is on vacation.

I have Lyme and Babesia that I know of. Despite a lot of pain medicine I'm in excruciating pain, extremely short of breath, so weak I can't even get across without panting, shaking, my blood pressure is low and my heart rate is extremely high.

could I be anemic from the babesia. Or is this just a terrible herx. I just lost my insurance or I probably would have gone to the emergency room couple times this week. Any suggestions? I've just never felt this bad.

Posts: 67 | From Delaware | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YinYang
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YinYang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you get enough energy to get in a tub with epsom salt, hydrogen peroxide and some essential oil (perhaps lavender if your heart rate is up)?

What meds are you on? Did you start any new meds or supplements recently besides those you mentioned? How has your diet been recently?

Posts: 274 | From United States | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YinYang
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YinYang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another post reminded me. If your water is chlorinated, you probably don't want to soak in it unless you are filtering it. Perhaps a filtered water foot bath if you have another source of water.
Posts: 274 | From United States | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talktel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talktel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't emergengy rooms have to take a patient even if they don't have insurance?

I don't think they're allowed to turn them away.

--------------------
RI

Posts: 440 | From New York | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daynise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daynise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a very bad time detoxing too and recently went through a crisis because of it- I know how bad that pain is and I'm sorry you are going through it.

Here's a list of some things that have helped me with detox recently- maybe something on here will be one you haven't tried yet:

Coffee Enemas

BT Detox Byron White

KDrain (kidney tincture)

Tumeric (Curcumin)

Neuro-Antitox II PNS/CNS

Molybdenum

L-Ornithine

Chlorella

Activated Charcoal

Benadryl

Self Lymph massage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA-wi0d7-Ro

EFT:
http://eft.mercola.com/

Olive oil and lemon drink for lymph drainage:
http://www.ladycarehealth.com/6-natural-cure-for-aids/

I hope you feel better soon. [group hug]

Posts: 428 | From Midwest | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you on meds right now? Bab's symptoms and herxing can be so rough....I find Alma Seltzer Gold to be very good.
Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a wimp. For me, if I felt like you did and my LLMD was not available, I would stop the meds until I felt better.
Posts: 1685 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kgg:

I am a wimp. For me, if I felt like you did and my LLMD was not available, I would stop the meds until I felt better.

-
For sure. It could be a herx.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030792;p=0

LIVER & KIDNEY SUPPORT & and several HERXHEIMER support links, too.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gmb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Kgg and Lymetoo, just stop your meds for a day or two or until your system cleans out. Then ramp up slowly when you feel better.

Give us your med list and when they were started. I always added only one new item at a time to be safe, so you can better determine the cause when things go from bad to worse.

Weeks 4 thru 9 of my first round of babs treatment with Mepron was the pits.

gmb

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The extreme shortness of breath is what is called "air hunger." It is a classic babesiosis symptom.

Babs generally does not make a person anemic. It is much more likely that this is a babs herx.

To decide if a herx is likely, give us the dates when you started your various meds, especially the meds for babs.

Going to the ER generally is a totally frustrating experience for a lyme patient. They can't do anything for you and will often forcefully tell you that the treatment you are getting is wrong, there is no such thing as chronic lyme, your treatment is making you sick and you should stop it, or just treat you as a mental case and refuse to do anything for you.

This is all because they know nothing about these diseases and when they do various tests (like blood oxygen level) and they are normal, they don't want to bother with you. They decide you have anxiety.

Many, many people have gone to the ER. We know exactly how you will be treated there. Skip it. It is too upsetting and no help at all.

And you will be left with having to pay for this humiliating and totally unhelpful visit.

You have been given great advice--back off of treatment until your body can catch up with detox. Drink lots and lots of water to flush everything out, and you can put sliced lemons in it to help cleanse you. Squeeze as much lemon juice into the water as possible.

Put fresh lemon juice in the Alka Seltzer Gold also. You can take this up to 4 times per day when things are bad like they currently are.

Babs herxes are terrible. Mark these days on the calendar as "bad days" and see if you can eventually detect a pattern. I had weekly babs herxes, then 14-day babs herxes.

If this is approximately the 29th day of your lyme treatment, then you are on schedule for a bad lyme herx also.

You will find a lot of help by marking these days on the calendar. You get peace of mind when you see the pattern. You don't have to worry what is going on because you know, you can even anticipate the next bad day by counting forward.

It helped me an awful lot to learn to count the days from the last herx.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jnathan
Member # 41040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jnathan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you everyone, I'm feeling a little better, it's definately a bad herx, and i'm just detoxing well enough.

I started treatment in late July with one month on Bactrim twice a day. The second month he started me on Clindamycin twice daily.

I am still on the same dose on month three because he wanted me to focus on detox. The babs symptoms started coming out full force with the Clindamycin.

I would like to try a coffee enema as I have heard they help, if anyone can give me info on that?

My diet hasn't been good because i've been so ill. I know I'm not drinking enough. And usually i just eat a protein bar or something since i have no appetite.

I do take quite of bit of supplements, just ordered magnesium and a couple other supplements recommended to me. This just sucks, but i guess it's all normal.

Posts: 67 | From Delaware | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jnathan
Member # 41040

not detoxing well enough sorry
jnathan
Member # 41040

jnathan
Member # 41040

jnathan
Member # 41040

i have no idea how i did that [Smile]
daynise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daynise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha- yeah you stuttered there a few times. [Smile]

This is a pretty simple set of instructions for coffee enemas. And you can get disposable enema bags at any drug store. (I ordered a big case from Amazon because it was cheaper):

http://modernmanna.org/products/Coffee-Enema-Instructions.html

Tammy N has posted some really great information on them here too if you want to try to search!

I agree with everybody else about pulling off the meds that are causing the herx until this passes. Too much herxing is not good. [group hug]

Posts: 428 | From Midwest | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I answered your other post. I know others will disagree with this answer, but here goes.

If you are only on clindamycin for the babesia then I think that is the problem. You are not taking enough meds. Too low a dose of babesia meds will just make you feel worse and could even cause it to become drug resistant.

If you have any left over Bactrim then you could add that to the clindamycin. Or for short term help -- try adding in tonic water. Or get some form of artemisa at just about any health food store. Or buy some ivermectin horse paste at Tractor Supply.

Of course adding quinine and/or malarone to the clindamycin would be even better -- but those are prescription meds.

This is not medical advice, just my opinion based on hubby's experiences.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement