LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Dizzy, feeling like going to blackout??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dizzy, feeling like going to blackout??
Anissahope4healing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39221

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Anissahope4healing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I Herxing?? I feel extremely dizzy, like I am goi g to pass out, my head feels ery strange... I am hving a hard to e typing

Blood pressure just a little up. Blood sugar is 107.

I feel like she. I walk the room is tilted. Like when you are on a boat and tryi g to keep your balance.

It started getting worse yesterday but I made it through my son's birthday party. Today I haven't been able to sit upright very long without getti g dizzy.

I am laying flat now and typing this on my legs with my legs be t.

I do abx but Fri, Sat., Sun. I am off of ROCEPHIN ..Daily I take Rifampin and Azithromycin for Bart... I thi I this is my 3rd week on this protocol.

I hv started systemic enzymes..Interphase Plus. It has helped me be regular..regarding bowel movements. It does hv EDTA in it which I read pulls out bad metals, and mercury, etc.

Any ideas? I feel my normal twitches and pain but I have noticed my hips being in pain and they have never hurt like this before. I am also feeling more sharpness of pain in my one knee, and my vision is off more..

Posts: 167 | From Southeast Tennessee/Chattanooga/Atlanta | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadianmama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canadianmama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure what going on for you, but wanted to send you healing thoughts.

Hopefully someone will have some good advice soon.

I do know that it can take a few weeks to get a real herx reaction, and you mention you are on week three.

My thought would be more detox, but that's just a guess.

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Posts: 372 | From british columbia | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gosh, the symptoms you described I've been dealing with for the past 2 months since being reinfected

The sensation is like being on a carnival ride and not being able to get off, even while laying down. My vision changed to blurry overnight, etc....

For me, the only thing that got the world spinning to slow down was doxycycline (spinning is still going and the doc and I are working on that, she believes the antibiotics aren't getting deep enough).

Interfase Plus is VERY strong. I don't know what you're constitution is like. I couldn't handle it.

I was reading it's something to be added later on after you've been handling the antibiotics for awhile.

Interfase is gentler (but still very strong).

Perhaps give that a try. I was given Interfase plus to break up biofilm, not for digestion.

I take similase GFCF (w/antibiotics and away from probiotics) for digestion.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anissahope4healing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anissahope4healing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Judie and Canadianmama.

I just take one of the Interphase Plus. My son has been taking it for months and I thought I would give it a try this past week.

What symptoms did you have with it Judie?

And I am glad the doxy is helping with the carnival ride feeli g.

And yes since it is my third week the. May s it is a Herx.

Posts: 167 | From Southeast Tennessee/Chattanooga/Atlanta | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With the Interfase Plus, my face swelled. I just didn't feel well (not that I ever feel well), but this just was not my usual.

I needed to lay down all the time.

I was also pretty dizzy at the time from minocycline too, that didn't help.

Right after I stopped Interfase Plus, the face swelling went down (I do believe it's a detox issue and my body was getting overwhelmed).

Stopping both of these seemed to combat the problems that time.

This time, I think it's just Lyme and company, plus some new infections with the reinfection.

Stuff came up on the last test that I didn't have before and my doc and I are doing more testing.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anissahope4healing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anissahope4healing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry about your re infection and more stuff coming up. I hope it can be used in a good way because you guys found some more answers and hopefully will be able to target those infections.

Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

Hope you all feel better!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We do herx every 3-5 wks... so maybe that is it.

Feel better SOON!!!!

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anissahope4healing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39221

Thanks Lymetutu! I am feeling a bit better. I took some of my other Meds to help prevent seizures, like Clonezepam and that along with some detoxing (I know it may sound like a contradiction), but I am feeling more stable.
Al
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First go to cardiologist to make sure it's not your Heart;

Then Get a (Tilt Table Test) done.

Low blood pressure from faulty brain signals (neurally mediated hypotension).

This is common in lyme disease.

Posts: 789 | From CT, | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anissa- hi [Smile]

It sounds like we are on similar meds for Bart and lyme.

The leg and hip bone pain you mentioned has been happening to me as well. I attribute it to a herx.

I also have moments of "mental instability" when I herx badly.

I haven't been dizzy like you mentioned though.

But I do get a feeling like I am in a car on a bumpy road for about an hour each day.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anissahope4healing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39221

I will do that Al, thank you!

Thank you too Greta! Hope you are feeling better!

seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking along the same lines as Al. You either have adrenal fatigue that needs to be treated or it may have progressed to POTS or NMH.

I would not just assume this is all a herx.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ticktox
Member # 6739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ticktox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anissa, i would disagree with some of the posts here. I think the dizziness could be a Bart symptom since it is a common symptom of Bart as is leg and hip bone pain. My guess is that your treatment is causing a worsening of your symptoms. And by the way, Azithromycin by itself is not an effective Bart treatment. The Rocephin treats the Lyme but you need another antibiotic added to the regimen for Bart. Either Rifampin or Bactrim would make sense. Bart can get in the way of treating Lyme so unless you treat Bart more effectively, you may find that your Lyme treatment (Rocephin) won't prove very effective either. I don't know anything about Interphase Plus so can't comment on that.
Posts: 57 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anissahope4healing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39221

Thank you all.

Tick tox,
I am on Rifampin too. I'll have to look at my post again incase I forgot to include it.

But to be safe I will check in with all the above.

Bea and everyone I appreciate all of your feedback. Thank you!

phyl6648
Member # 28522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phyl6648     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, that is the way my Lyme symptoms started after 12 yrs still get that way , just out of the blue. My first spell lasted over three months and they were treating me for an inner ear problem.. duh...

So for me it isn't the meds . I still have them but not is bad and not taking any meds. I was never properly treated for Lyme. After all these years it has become Chronic and for now just trying to live with it due to lack of money and a doctor..

Its miserable and we are all different so not sure what is happening with you, could be the meds. I sympathize and hope you find some answers.

Posts: 1058 | From VA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had those symptoms when I first started treatment. It was like trying to walk on a boat in rough water; ataxia. I also could not turn on one side of my body when lying down or everything would spin making me sick, vertigo.

Hopefully things will improve. With borellia, you flare about every 28 days. Pay attention to these cycles so you know when another infections is coming to the foreground.

You aren't taking anything for babesia and that can cause extreme dizziness. Symptoms overlaps so it is hard to determine what is causing what. Some medications can cause dizziness too but you would notice that pretty quickly.

Babesia caused me to have pain in the muscle of the thighs, buttocks, back and shoulder. I also got bad headaches behind my eyes. I wanted to sleep a lot. I had pinhead size red spots on my skin that looked like tiny blood blisters. I would seize up with horrible cramps. I was so exhausted I could hardly walk. I felt like I could not get enough oxygen. I could not concentrate or remember and felt very apathetic.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anissahope4healing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39221

Thank you all!

I have the red pin size dots and a lot of them went away when I treated Babesia, but I will need to treat it again because I wasn't able to stay on it long enough because my liver enzymes went way up. But it did help get the load down.

I appreciate everyone's input. There is so much to consider with this disease. People out there have no clue unless they lived it or take care of someone with it.

Thanks again! And my heart goes out to you who struggle financially. We are in that same boat too, so I am having to pick and choose what I can afford, tolerate, etc.

We just have to keep fighting. Some days are better than others. You all know how that goes.

Jessiep
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jessiep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's how my babs tippy feeling feels....
Posts: 342 | From Philadelphia | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthropologista
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anthropologista     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anissa, my husband had the same symptoms three years ago. He would actually dream about earthquakes and then make up and feel as if the world was moving! There was a vestibular thread a few weeks/months ago on LN that might be useful. I hope these symptoms fade soon!
Posts: 431 | From New England | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anissahope4healing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39221

Thank you! I will check out that thread. I hope your husband is feeling better.
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EDTA was really bad for me.

I take Boluoke or Serratia (enzymes)

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mbdq
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mbdq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have just started to get this symptom and I think it is because I am herxing from mild hbot.

This is one of the scariest symptoms I have ever experienced! I try to talk to myself to stay calm and so far it passes for a while but holy crap I hate it!

Posts: 233 | From Hudson Valley | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement