LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I'm a zombie when I wake up and wired when I need to go to sleep

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm a zombie when I wake up and wired when I need to go to sleep
Judie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's going on with me?

It's 3am and I'm wired. I feel totally caffeinated.

It's definitely NOT diet (I avoid caffeine, sugar and all the no nos).

When I get up (say 11am or noon), it takes me over an hour to get up (and I mean just sit up from my bed), I'm so dead to the world. It takes me another hour or so to muster the energy to go the kitchen to take supplements and eat breakfast. I can barely speak.

When evening comes, I'm like a vampire. I get wired. Now I can't sleep.

I'm making a point of doing some light exercise in the middle of the day too.

What's happening to me? Am I about to grow fangs and start flying around at night?

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adrenals!!

Most likely your cortisol levels are out of whack.

I'd do the saliva test to check your levels over a 24 hour period.

Then start adrenal support.

Posts: 2248 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, those are classic adrenal symptoms.
Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the same problem!

I am practically comatose in the AM. When I'm awake, my POTS symptoms are worse and everything. I cannot even hold my body upright. I cannot function at all.

Then by around 10pm, I feel ok. I'm even able to do some laundry and even sweep the kitchen like a normal human being.

Then of course, I have trouble getting to sleep.

It's sooo weird.

My cortisol levels are high all day and night. So, I don't know if it's adrenals in my case.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's adrenals for sure.

Holy Basil might help - balances cortisol levels.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband uses Dr. James Wilson's adrenal support supplements.
Posts: 2248 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adrenals. You need Cortef or adrenal supps (the latter did not work for me at all) and possibly Seriphos in the PM to get to sleep. Try drinking lots of salt water too.

Just reading Dr H new book. For POTS he uses Florinef and sometimes Catapres.

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lax mom - That's interesting about POTS. I've heard it mentioned here, but don't know much about it.

I did have one doc do a tilt test with me and thought my results were odd, but never elaborated.

I've had my cortisol checked awhile back. The doc was convinced it was this too and it's normal.

I already take adrenal supplements just in case.

I can't take ANYTHING with cortisone/steroids (it caused me permanent eye damage).

I can't take lots of salt, I have high blood pressure and it causes bad, painful edema in my legs.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judie. I dont know what to do for sleep problem but u really should look into pink himylan salt-it might cure your BP

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

My blood pressure is under control with herbs. I just shouldn't do anything else to mess with it or it throws it for a loop.

Already looked into that Himalayan Salt and went down that road. My body just doesn't agree with salt, even epson salt.

TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judie - you need to have cortisol checked in the am and then again in the pm on the same day. Your doctor can order this from a regular lab or from a specialty lab. This will tell you if your cortisol is high when it should be low and low when it should be high.

Seriphos has helped me with this a lot.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

I'm already taking Phosphatidylserin (it's just part of the general protocol handout my doc gives out for methylation). I haven't noticed anything and I've been taking it a month.

I've been taking pantethanic acid and pantethine for 2 months. No change....

It sounds like the two treatments for cortisol is what I'm already doing or cortef.

Are there any others?

I already tested cortisol and it was normal awhile back.

TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judie - The two are not identical. PHOSPHATIDYL SERINE (PS) VS. (SERIPHOS)PHOSPHORYLATED SERINE

This from the manufacturer explaining it
http://www.interplexus.com/pdf/seriphos.pdf

I can't vouch for this source but here is one explanation of the differences.

http://tinyurl.com/mujf8ac

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
n.northernlights
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for n.northernlights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
could be the fatigue connected to celiac, and it may take several months completely gluten free till it goes away one day.
Note that people with lyme disease are more or less gluten sensitive.

Posts: 366 | From Europe | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank-incense
Member # 42792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank-incense     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazing, I feel exactly like this, and I have for years. It has caused some major problems with school and now with work. I need to get my adrenals checked.
Posts: 10 | From California | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

I don't have celiac. My diet is fine. It's definitely not diet. I've been on a healthy diet for over 10 years. Did rotation diets and have been tested up the yinyang for celiac.

I did get reinfected in late August this year. Since then, all kinds of things are wacky.

It's actually new for me to have ANY energy even if it's at an odd time.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement