LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Juicing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Juicing
Lassie27
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31083

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Lassie27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone tried juicing or had success with juicing? In perusing the internet, it looks like there are quite a few people with lyme/cf/fibro who healed or lessened symptoms significantly with this?? Anyone had any experience?
Posts: 109 | From North East | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lassie27
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lassie27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, wanted to ask about juicing with or without raw diets? Or diets like the paleo?
Posts: 109 | From North East | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use to hang out at the Hippocrates Institute in San Deigo back in the 70's. Juicing is the law there and yes, it will help with any disease, but I doubt it will cure the Lyme complex.

It can supplement any type of diet... of course Ann Wigmore and Max Gerson say that a raw food diet is best. For me it was not all it was cracked up to be. My body loves and responds to meat and high protien. Everyone is different.

With the paleo diet you will mostly want to juice veggies, not fruits. Hard to stay low carb with so much carrot juice... but Gereson says that carrot juice is essentail to healing, carrot apple mix is good.

Posts: 803 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lassie27
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lassie27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Carmen! Anyone else had any experience with juicing?
mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wheatgrass. Greens like spinach, lemon, carrots and beet. They help but wont cure
Posts: 697 | From CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lassie,

I juice.

NOT as a meal replacement or a fast, which I feel is unsafe to do without supervision of a doc, but as a vitamin boost to my day.

My favorite is:

An apple
A few carrots
A beet
Half orange or grapefruit
Peeled whole lemon or peeled whole lime
Celery or Cucumber or Fennel
Entire bunch of parsley
Large handful of black kale
Peeled ginger OR cilantro to taste
Sea salt to taste

It is an instant energizer drink.

Vitamin blast [Smile]

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You will need to stick to the green stuff and avoid the fruits for this to work. Even carrot juice can flare up Candida.

I found juicing was OK, but ended up going to making green smoothies because I needed the fiber and had to avoid the fruits. Without the fruits, the juices are hard to swallow... lol.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have a CBS mutation, you can't tolerate the sulfur in foods like spinach, kale and cabbage. Juicing those vegetables made me sick.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked into juicing and ended up buying a Vitamix instead so I could get the fiber too. It works great and I make smoothies with kale and spinach all the time.

Can't say that that's the specific thing that has helped but it does feel healthy and correlate with a general period of improvement.

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lassie27
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31083

Hmmm... I am really surprised juicing hasn't helped many more people here??? Has anyone given it a real chance?

I want to be sure to let everyone know that it has been an important change in my diet and has made a very significant difference in how I feel day-to-day. I think that I was/am not absorbing nutrients properly due to so many bowel issues... I recently discovered I was quite backed up maybe from antibiotics for so long? I really recommend adding a GREEN juice to your daily routine! It really has helped over time.

Has anyone read that raw garlic can act as a natural antibiotic? Anyhow, I was hoping that I might see some success stories with juicing.... I have read of many people curing diseases? Anyone here who has successfully used juicing to help cure or maybe at the end of treatment?

Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want to use juices for healing, the best book on this topic is:

"Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices - What's Missing in Your Body?" by N.W. Walker, D.Sc.
ISBN 0-89019-033-X

I have tried the juices, and my body does not tolerate them. I burp them up hours (6+ hours) later, even after having eaten 1-2 meals between drinking the juice and the burping...

However, I know of individuals who have cured Cancer with the juices...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lassie27
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31083

Thanks Razzle... it is amazing that they can cure cancer! It seems like they ought to really be able to help us out [Smile]
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it likely best to juice first thing in morning so that it's on an empty stomach?

I do like green apples and carrots. Oh and juicing a pineapple is amazing.

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EWT1638
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EWT1638     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Juicing makes me feel better and I love the taste. I think it is good for your overall health and my LLMD recommended it too.

Organic: spinach, a few carrots, purple cabbage, green apple, lots of ginger root and fresh lemon

--------------------
When you reach your "wits-end" remember this: "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

Posts: 397 | From Loudoun County Virginia | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At my sickest, I was juicing organic like 2 times a day greens, wheetgrass. I stayed off offending foods. I had lost 60 lbs. what got me over the hump was treating babesia/proto, parasites. I have continued juicing. I suggest looking at the parasite thread.
Posts: 697 | From CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to be a downer, but I bought a juicer about 4 years ago-
it's a big mess to clean up! Plus, that one glass is expensive

with all the organic green pushed in and getting just drips back.
I know you can take all the leftover pulp and use it for baking-

wasn't up for it then. So my juicer has been put away for a long time now.

That's why I'm leaning towards buying a Bullet, that the fiber and pulps are drinkable as well, easier clean up.

Would love a Vitamix, but that's some high dollar. Just have a regular blender.
Anyone use the Bullet?

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes.

Bullet cannot uniformly blend. Leaves pulpy chunky bits and often gets stuck.

I do not like mine for anything but protein powder or green powder mixing.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another alternative is to cook some of your greens, carrots etc in water or broth till tender, then just throw everything in blender and you have a wonderful vitamin rich soup.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement