LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Protomyyxzoa

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Protomyyxzoa
katrinab
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrinab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you test for protomyxzoa, what are the symptoms, and what's the treatment? I want to ask my doctor to test for me.
Posts: 723 | From boston,ma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hadlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have your dr. order the test/s from Fry Labs in AZ. Symptoms vary from person to person. Please do a search in here under FL1958 or Protomyxzoa, you will find lots.

NO one person has identical symptoms. But think more malaria, Fibro, MS, Parkinsons, lupus, and lots more, with what kind of symptoms we can have.

--------------------
Lyme, Babs, Fry Bug..... Whatever it is, may a treatment be discovered to make us all whole again!

Posts: 941 | From AZ-MT | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe this information is as close as it gets to correct.

http://protomyxzoa.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Protomyxzoa_rheumatica.pdf

Contact F labs in Scottsdale AZ for a test kit. It can be sent to your doctor or to you but you will have to have a doctor draw your blood and accept the results. They won't give the results directly to you.

My symptoms are/were profound fatigue, brain fog, anxiety, depression, muscle pain/cramping/twitching, joint pain, stabbing nerve pain, insomnia, nasal congestion, loss of voice, dry cough, cold extremities (hands, feet, nose), air hunger, headaches, bladder irritation and inability to concentrate and remember.

I also have antibodies against my thyroid. PR causes auto immune diseases such as Hashimoto's, Lupus and MS. 6 patients with ALS tested positive fore PR. 5 of them also had ralstonia.

If you were positive on IGENEX bands 23 and 41, that indicates you have PR.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrinab
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrinab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well whats the treatment?
Posts: 723 | From boston,ma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That link discusses treatment. I have heard there are several variants and your treatment depends on which one you have. I do well with Stromectol. Some people take anti-malarial drugs like malarone or Plaquinil or other anti-parasitic drugs like Alinia.

The whole foods low fat (less than 15 grams) vegan diet is critical. Some people can stay in remission with just the diet. I was, but then got re-infected with something else.

You want to address the biofilm with some of the things listed on that link, such as lactoferrin/boluoke and wobenzyme. You take these on an empty stomach and you should do it 2-3 times a day.

The biofilm is composed of magnesium and iron so you want to limit those in your diet and certainly not supplement them. Meat and egg yolk is very high in iron, which is another good reason not to eat it.

Lactoferrin binds with iron. Xylitol, a sweetener made from birch trees, kills the bacteria causing plaque and these two things have been shown to destroy biofilm on diabetic wounds as well as ear infections. This might be worth a try. I am trying it, again on an empty stomach.

I just bought a fat binder made from prickly pear cactus. It is supposed to bind with 27% of the fat you ate, or 240 calories, when you take it with a meal. If the 240 calories is correct that would be the equivalent of two TB of oil or 30 grams of fat. I hope this helps starve the biofilm and allows me to eat a little more fat.

Then I ordered a little machine (for $32) that makes liposomal oil that you can mix with glutathione, vitamin C etc. I will use phosphotydlcholine, the most essential oil requires by the body and mix in EDTA and a killer of some kind like maybe Artemix.

The idea, which is already being produced and sold for big bucks, is that the oil acts like a "trojan horse" to get into the biofilm (it needs fat) where the killer is released to do it's job.

EDTA breaks down biofilm by binding with the iron and magnesium. It also bind with heavy metals. I am currently doing IV chelation with EDTA and glutathione. It is slowly helping.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not so sure I'd say egg yolks are very high in iron. Looking around, looks like they have about 1.0mg per egg (almost all in the yolk). With a USRDA for iron at 12mg-18mg, that doesn't feel too high.

Here is link to a table of iron content in certain foods.

http://www.fwhc.org/health/iron.htm

Here is a link to an article stating eggs have a substance that reduces absorption of iron.

http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/foods-block-iron-absorption-8503.html

For those not aware, the iron in plants is "non-heme" kind, which is much less absorbed, unless vitamin C is eaten at the same time.

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

That's good about the eggs because I still eat them. I have even began very recently having an egg yolk once and a while - which is so good!

I ordered a fat binder. It is taking forever to get here. It will allow me to eat more fat and I can hardly wait.

--------------------

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...If you were positive on IGENEX bands 23 and 41, that indicates you have PR..."

Nefferdun...could you provide a resource/reference for this?

Thanks!

Posts: 1883 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathryn
Member # 17034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathryn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...following
Posts: 78 | From South | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
j77
Member # 42716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for j77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As to the Band 23 & 41 inference for PR, my situation may prove to be a relevant data point. Band 23 was the only band I showed as 'Present' on my standard LapCorp Western Blot taken back in August when I first felt sick. All other bands were 'Absent'.
LapCorp WB Summary
IgM P23 Ab = Present
Lyme Ab IgM Interp. = Equivocal
Lyme Ab Interp. = Equivocal
Lyme Disease Ab/Total Immunoglobulins = 1.09 (ref range of 0-.9)
Lyme Disease Ab, Quant IgM = 1.03 (ref range 0-.9)
Lyme IgG WB Interp. = Negative [Wink]
Lyme IgM WB Interp. = Negative [Wink]

Subsequent IGenex test about 1 month later showed me as positive for both anecdotal PR hallmark bands, 23++ and 41++ amongst others. Last week I did the Fry's PR specific test. I should have those results the 3rd week of January. My initial Fry blood smear in September was suggestive of PR and Bart. I would be surprised at this point if the Fry PR specific test came back anything other than positive.

I will post my Fry PR results back here after I get them.

Igenex Summary:
IFA, BB: 40
IgM: 18+, 23-25++, 31+++, 34 IND, 39 IND, 41 ++, 83-93 +
IgG: 31+, 34+, 39 IND, 41++

Posts: 58 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
j77...

Thanks for your post...it is good information, and will be very interesting to hear your other results...

Unfortunately, though, even if someone were to test positive for both 23 and 41 bands only, and also tested positive on another PR specific test, it doesn't prove a cause and effect relationship...only suggests a possible relationship.

I was just wondering if anyone has a reference to any research/reference on the specificity of these bands to PR...as is being frequently discussed on the forum...

Posts: 1883 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tbrown2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tbrown2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I'm confused this is my western blot CDC positive lyme results:

LYME DISEASE AB (IGG) WB POSITIVE
18 KD (IGG) BAND REACTIVE
30 KD (IGG) BAND REACTIVE
39 KD (IGG) BAND REACTIVE
41 KD (IGG) BAND REACTIVE
45 KD (IGG) BAND REACTIVE
58 KD (IGG) BAND REACTIVE
66 KD (IGG) BAND REACTIVE
LYME DISEASE AB (IGM) WB POSITIVE
23 KD (IGM) BAND REACTIVE
39 KD (IGM) BAND REACTIVE
41 KD (IGM) BAND REACTIVE
From Quest Diagnostics

Does this mean I have proto?

--------------------
T. Brown

CDC Lyme Positive
Co infections? Who knows...
Bands 18+ 30+39+41+45+58+66+ IGG
23+39+41+IGM

Posts: 351 | From Boston MA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Labcorp WB are 'famous' for only coming back with band 23 present in a Lyme disease positive person.

I don't have a reference to post for that, just my experience from reading children boards, and my daughters experience.

Years ago on a 'whim' I bought a labcorp WB test online, no Dr. signature required, took her to a lab, turned it in.

Only band 23 came back present, I inquired on childrens' boards, researched, took to LLMD, then Igenex, rest is history.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD has also told me that band 41 is indicative of proto.

The article below has info on it and it also shows tie of ALS and proto. The section under doctor F.

IMO, I also think ALS is a cytokine storm.

http://www.publichealthalert.org/uploads/2013_1.pdf

Posts: 697 | From CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Band 41 is reactive to the flagella (tail) of bacteria, and is non specific (meaning many bacteria and other organisms have flagella, and this band doesn't identify any one specifically)...

The article states:

"...Protomyxzoa does have a flagella and thus may be one explanation for a positive 41 kDa band on Western Blots for Borrelia...'

I'm still wondering if there is anything more solid in the research that ties bands 23 and 41 to FL1953/PR...other than it has a flagella, which, like other organisms, may be picked up by band 41...

Tbrown2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tbrown2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD never mentioned once about Proto after seeing my results. Which 41 band igg/igm

--------------------
T. Brown

CDC Lyme Positive
23+39+41+IGM

Posts: 351 | From Boston MA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
j77
Member # 42716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for j77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tbrown2-
Did your LLMD run a Fry Labs blood smear? It's less expensive than some of the more specific tests they do, but it will pick up likely Bart and Proto infections. Officially, Fry Labs will recommend follow-up PCR testing when they find probable bugs... but many folks just treat based upon the initial test.

Posts: 58 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
j77
Member # 42716

If Proto is truly able to be transmitted by mosquitoes and other bugs as Dr. Fry suggests, I imagine that most of the US population has it to some degree or another. Whether or not it becomes an issue is likely due to what else is going on inside your body at any given point.
Tbrown2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42446

I was never tested for nor was it ever mentioned. The only reason why I am even inquiring is because I happened to be looking at my western blot results which are CDC Lyme positive and I looked at what you happened to say about the 41 band. So does mean I defiantly have Proto? Or is it just a coincidence with the test results

--------------------
T. Brown

CDC Lyme Positive
23+39+41+IGM

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Tbrown2...

If you go back and read more of the thread, the question was whether or not there was any research/references to support that bands 23 and 41 are indicative of PR, as some member's posts have stated.

To quote Dr. F, "...Protomyxzoa does have a flagella and thus may be one explanation for a positive 41 kDa band on Western Blots for Borrelia..."

Note that band 41 detects a flagella (tail) of an organism, but doesn't tell you which organism.

In other words, based on Dr. F's quote, you can't say you do or don't have PR based on a positive 41 band only.

Tbrown2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42446

Is it an igg band or igm band? Because if it's igm I have 23 and 41 positive but if it's igg then only 41

--------------------
T. Brown

CDC Lyme Positive
23+39+41+IGM

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Tbrown2...

Here's the only other reference/quote I could find related to PR and bands 41 and 23:

"...Bb Western Blot may show positive bands 41 and 23...DEFINITIVE DIAGNOSIS BY: specific staining technique with confirmation..."

In other words, according to Dr. F, having bands 23 and 41 (IgG/IgM not specified), may be suggestive of PR, but is not diagnostic; further tests are required...

j77
Member # 42716

Tbrown,
Get one of the Fry tests done for diagnostic quality information, there are several to choose from. Like any of these tests though, symptom analysis is important too. Western Blot banding is anecdotal or suggestive at best.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement