LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Wheatgrass

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wheatgrass
sheltielady
Member # 42710

Icon 6 posted      Profile for sheltielady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any of you take a wheatgrass supplement. If so, what kind do you buy? Also how do you make drink. I was just reading how good it is . [Smile]

--------------------
Teri

Posts: 63 | From Hampton Nh | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Wheatgrass is marvelous.

Be certain it is CERTIFIED to be gluten-free. Wheatgrass, is, alone . . . but often can be contaminated during harvest / processing with the core of wheat.

Some wheat grass manufacturers CERTIFY that their equipment, facilities, methods and products are gluten-free. Be sure to see that seal of certainly.

Same with Barley Grass - it must be certified GF, too, as barley "core" contains gluten. The grasses are supposed to be gathered BEFORE that develops but it's not always as clear to define and if they have other products that contain gluten on premises, that can cause contamination.

Even a trace of gluten can pose problems.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Other green powders that I like: Gotu Kola powder; Stinging Nettle powder. From Mountain Rose Herbs.

Chlorella powder is also excellent and tastes fresh to me. I love it. Spirulina is excellent but the taste is not for the faint hearted - it can be very hard to get down.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/3/32567?#000000

GOTU KOLA - Informational Links Set

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=031228;p=0

STINGING NETTLE LEAF (not root) - Links set
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Q: How do you make a drink?

Just stir in water. Keep it simple.

Wheatgrass can taste very "fresh" -- it may be best with orange juice AFTERWARD, though, so it won't upset a stomach. Not sure exactly why this matter so much but all the juice bars I've been to rather insist upon an OJ chaser to wheatgrass.

Wheatgrass can be rather stimulating, too, so it's best to NOT take it alone. Eat something light afterward . . . to ease the stomach upset it can cause but also to help it not be like rocket fuel all at once.

WG can cause flushing and even a "flu" feeling -- so start out very slowly. It took me a while to figure out my body's reaction to this. I do find with some WG powder with HEMP PROTEIN POWDER, though.

You don't want to put wheatgrass through another blender, though.

I prefer fresh but that requires being in a juice bar unless you have your own special wheatgrass equipment.

Powder would be my next preference to avoid the "glue" in tablets. Capsules can be okay but the cost goes way up then.

I don't even pretend most green drinks are going to be a smoothie, although most greens powders can be mixed in with OTHER ingredients quite nicely.

Not too much spirulina, though, as it is very strong and - uh - does taste like pond scum. It can take a lot of other things to cover it up and I just want to get it over with.

So, especially for spirulina, but also for other greens powders, I just put them in a half glass of water, stir and drink. Chase with clear water.

Then if you want something of delicious nature, have some good foods, green tea, etc.
-

sheltielady
Member # 42710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sheltielady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Keebler..you are a wealth of information (:

Have you ever heard of "Heavenly Greens"

I will check out those sites too.....

--------------------
Teri

Posts: 63 | From Hampton Nh | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sheltielady
Member # 42710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sheltielady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Keebler..you are a wealth of information (:

Have you ever heard of "Heavenly Greens"

I will check out those sites too.....

--------------------
Teri

lax mom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use this:

http://amazinggrass.com/

I can't stand the taste of the drink, so I now use the tablet form.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement