LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Scary symptoms -

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scary symptoms -
big lenny
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for big lenny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently started to exercise again approxamitly 1 year ago- I lift weights and do not do any cardio ... The past few weeks I have been having extreme pain In my shoulder joints that sometimes wakes me at night and is a throbbing , burning pain
- today while at the gym I was half way through my routine ( usually an hour) when out of no where my heart started to pound and was rapidly beating , became dizzy , numbness tingly feeling s in my arms and legs ,extreme lightheaded and felt like I was goin to pass out - also had slight chest pain - this lasted approx 5 minutes ... Thought I was goin to die . Went to a cardiologist recently EKG was good and goin for stress test and echo next week - currently not taking meds but next month I finally have an appt with a well known llmd - have had lyme with positive babesiosis test for at least 15 years now -
Any and all thoughts , opinions ,are greatly appreciated

- All I want in life is to be healthy , be happy , and be a great father to my daughters .... But this disease makes that very difficult -
Sorry for the long post-
Thank you all for takin the time to read it!

Posts: 259 | From new york | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[group hug]
Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had basic heart tests done 3 yrs ago because I thought there was something not right with my heart.

Every other part of my body had been effected since I was 42, why would I think everything was good with my heart?

Those tests supposedly showed nothing. One year later I started having some obvious issues. Changing the bed clothes made me feel like I ran a marathon.

PCP set me up with cardio. They did all the basic test and found some concerns. Cardio did catheter and found 100% blockage of right coronary artery.

My body had built it's own little bypass but of course it wasn't as large/working like the artery should.

He told us my odds of heart attack if I did a stint. I feel apart on the table and couldn't make a decision. My husband asked the doc, if this was your wife lying here? What would you do for your wife?

The cardio said I would try her on meds first. If meds didn't help then I could always go in and do stint, if needed.

I see him every 6 mths. Every appt the first thing out of his mouth when he opens my chart is history of chronic lyme disease.

He also sees 2 others from my support group since I discovered a doc I like. Not one of those docs you just tolerate, I respect him and trust him.

So why did my first set of tests show nothing and the 2nd time it did show something. My cardio said this damage was years old. Not something that just happened in last few years.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you had any recent testing done for hypercoagulation?

In my personal opinion I would stop the weight lifting until after you see the LLMD.

The shoulder pain and the chest pain are probably unrelated but both in some way caused by your underlying infections.

Please keep up posted.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The shoulder and chest pain can be parasite related since they hibernate in the small intestine. Please check out the symptom list for parasites at Humaworm and check the PARASITE WARRIORS SUPPORT THREAD here on lymenet.

My cardiac and asthma symptoms were alleviated when I treated for parasites. By all means if you get severe chest pains, a trip to the ER is always wise.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OtterJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OtterJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lyme can mess up the conduction of the heart muscle by getting into the nerve fibers. I have not experienced this personally, but know 2 people where it has. If your joints are inflamed due to the lyme infection, you could be experiencing a flare. You may need to tone it down and treat the lyme.
Posts: 482 | From Oregon | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OtterJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OtterJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lyme can mess up the conduction of the heart muscle by getting into the nerve fibers. I have not experienced this personally, but know 2 people where it has. If your joints are inflamed due to the lyme infection, you could be experiencing a flare. You may need to tone it down and treat the lyme.
Posts: 482 | From Oregon | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Summer3
Member # 35286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Summer3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in my 20's and female and started having heart complications right alongside Lyme. Constant heart palpitations, irregular heartbeat, fainting and low blood pressure, total weakness and fatigue. I used to be able to run long distance and now I can't even go for a short walk. My echo came back normal. My heart monitor showed benign abnormalities. My HS C-reactive protein is .1 away from being high risk for heart attack or stroke.

I've seen an electrophysiologist and a cardiologist. Both think my heart stuff is related to Lyme even though I never bring Lyme up with them, they keep talking about it(although they are probably thinking autoimmune and not active infection).

I would see a cardiologist and just do the tests if you can. I'm totally against mainstream doctors for Lyme symptoms and I strongly dislike my cardiologist, but the medications I've taken (like beta blockers and midodrine to raise my bp) have admittedly been helpful.

--------------------
http://www.lymepie.blogspot.com

Posts: 1129 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
big lenny
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for big lenny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for the advice ! Tommorow I have a stress test and echo of the heart - no more weights for a while!
Posts: 259 | From new york | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lord didn't give me these experiences just to learn for myself. He knew I would share what I've learned.

He knows I'm a teacher(no literally)and a trainer and am willing to help others, if I have some knowledge.

Well I was the one used by the corp world for training others in my field. I didn't always speak as corp spoke....I spoke the real world to trainees. There is a diff. The truth.

For that I am blessed.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lenny-im glad u stopped until you check thisout

Those sx are scarey - lyme or not

Hope it goes well...i have one every 3 years cuz i often have chest pain and cant get lipid numbers down

Now i have new shoulder pain to add to the mix

In the past my chest pain has been explained as reflux or chostochondritis-both common with lyme

Let us know how it goes

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you ever taken cipro or levaquin?

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
big lenny
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3048

Yes I took both of those in the past
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please keep us posted. Hope you figure this out and it is not cardiac damage from lyme. It must have been very frightening. [group hug]
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
big lenny
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3048

Thank you all once again for the advice and concerns - I had my stress test followed by an echo of my heart .. Dr. Said I was in good cardio shape and my heart is fine ! Said what happened to me at gym could be a result from pushing myself too hard and that I need to take it easy. While he is not a llmd cardiologist he did tell me that he did some research on lyme prior to reviewing my results and is aware of the damage lyme can do to the heart - wants to see me every 6 months . End if next month I see Llmd upstate . ... I hope this nightmare I have been in for many years ends soon!! I am willing to make major lifestyle changes if need be!
Stay well my friends -
Lenny

dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news, Lenny. Sounds like you are going to a good cardiologist who is at least "lyme friendly". Take good care and try not to overdo.
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes---great to be taken seriously and not told it is in your head

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement