LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » so mentally and physically tired

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: so mentally and physically tired
Tbrown2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42446

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Tbrown2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so mentally and physically tired. I had to post here because everytime I complain to my

parents they just say oh well and change the subject. I am feeling pretty down because I was

feeling really well about 75% better a few weeks ago, I had more energy, my mood was up, and I

thought I was finally starting to get the upperhand. Then a few days after new years I

started feeling worse little by little until today where I am just basically useless. I don't

know what I am doing wrong I didn't change anything. I have zero physical energy I wake up

tired and go throughout the day even more tired. Mentally I am starting to make mistakes, I lose

my train of thought so easily and it hurts my brain just to process the images in the room. I

am in a fog and I feel like everyday is just blending together all in one. I am even afraid to

pulse my flaygl this week because I don't know if I can handle it even though when I took it before

I had no issues. I am doing everything I am told to do by LLMD and use all the tips I get here. I

detox with epsom salt baths/foot baths, lemon water, coconut oil pull, and take byron whites NT

detox. I take magnesium supplements, I take vitamin D, B complex, and curcumin. I changed my

diet I eat raw greens, cut out whites, no junk food, plenty of water. I've read up on all the

protocols so I know the do's and don'ts. I am only 22 and was only undiagnosed 1-2 years. Ive

been treating for 3 months something has got to
give here.

--------------------
T. Brown

CDC Lyme Positive
Co infections? Who knows...
Bands 18+ 30+39+41+45+58+66+ IGG
23+39+41+IGM

Posts: 351 | From Boston MA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too.
Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
betty1939
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for betty1939     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry TBrown2 -

Hang in there. You are doing all the right things and it sounds like you are on a good combo of antibiotics too.

It's only been 3 months and it can take a lot longer than that to really feel good.

I wouldn't stop pulsing the flagyl though. It hits the cyst forms.

--------------------
Lyme IGG/IGM positive 12/08
Babesia Microti IGM positive 12/08
Hemobartonella positive 1/11
mycoplasma 6/11

Posts: 162 | From Ohio | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I do too much detox, I get wiped out. Could that be a possibility?

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tbrown2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tbrown2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think do because I heard that before so I went from 3 detox baths and 3 detox footbaths a week to one detox bath and 2 foot baths and no difference

--------------------
T. Brown

CDC Lyme Positive
23+39+41+IGM

Posts: 351 | From Boston MA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nt detox is also detoxing your body. It wiped me out and I couldn't tolerate it.

Have you tried taking a break and adding back each thing one at a time?

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tbrown2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tbrown2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had to work my way up to the nt detox dose I'm at I started with 1 drop week 1 x2 a day and then 2 week 2 x2 a day etc..

I'm up to 10 2x a day but I won't go any higher. I cut out all my vitamins and supplements and didn't feel much of a change either. I actually felt worse without the vitamin b complex

--------------------
T. Brown

CDC Lyme Positive
23+39+41+IGM

Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lax mom:
When I do too much detox, I get wiped out. Could that be a possibility?

what is wiping you out is all that you are not detoxing that has been sent into motion in your body, either from die off or release of toxins into the blood stream. Its not that you are detoxing to much its that you are not detoxing adequately. You need to either slow down or find new ways to facilitate the removal of the toxins from your body, or just grin and bear it, which can be rough on the kidneys and liver and certainly not recommended for everyone if they are weak in this department.
Posts: 803 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

I have found my detox sweet spot.

Too much phase I and my body cannot keep up with phase II due to genetic issues, just the right amount and I'm fine and make progress.

No grinning and bearing it for me, that would send me to the hospital. I am weak in the liver dept. My motto is "listen to your body".

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
T.Brown, approximately every 4 weeks lyme symptoms flare. So, this could be your 4 week flare.

I looked at some of your previous posts, and you were complaining in early December. Now, it starts again in early January.

So, mark these bad days on a calendar and see if you see a 4 week pattern. I did this when I was treating lyme.

I would see the pattern clearly. So, then I counted forward 4 weeks and wrote on the calendar "bad day" in advance. Then, I didn't plan anything for the days around that date.

When that date came and I was feeling terrible, I wasn't worried. I knew what it was. This is so very valuable. It really helps a lot to know that this is why you are feeling lousy.

So, if you have not been marking the bad days on a calendar, you may want to start. You could look back at prior posts to find bad days in the past also.

To count the days, start with the first bad day in Dec. Then, the first bad day in Jan. (evidently Jan. 3) You can feel lousy for a full week when you hit a lyme flare, maybe even longer.

From Burrascano:

"Another very important factor is response to treatment- presence or absence of Jarisch Herxheimer-like reactions, the classic four-week cycle of waxing and waning of symptoms, and improvement with therapy." (page 7)

"It has been observed that symptoms will flare in cycles every four weeks. It is thought that this reflects the organism’s cell cycle,... If the antibiotics are working, over time these flares will lessen in severity and duration. The very occurrence of ongoing monthly cycles indicates that living organisms are still present and that antibiotics should be continued.

With treatment, these monthly symptom flares are exaggerated and presumably represent recurrent Herxheimer-like reactions as Bb enters its vulnerable growth phase and then are lysed." (page 17)

Here is the December post I was referring to:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/127123?

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancy L
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancy L     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great advice on keeping a treatment/symptoms dairy!

Thanks TF.

TBrown, you might try leaving OFF the D3. There is new information on the way patients who are D deficient from pathogen-caused chronic disease, like lyme, have their immune system depressed by supplementing with D.

I was doing all the right things and feeling much better, then I got the D-deficient result from some tests, and started (prescribed by my PCP) strong D3 supplements. Then for the first time since before taking herbals, I felt awful and very tired too. Then I read about the D supplementation when pathogen-cause chronic disease, and stopped the D.

Within a day or 2, I was back to feeling much better, and have maintained that for a few months, even tho D-deficient.

This is the link:
http://mpkb.org/home/pathogenesis/vitamind#metabolism_of_vitamin_d_and_the_vitamin_d_receptor_in_chronic_disease

You might stop the D for a few days and see if that could be part of the problem. Though TF's experience with the 28 day cycle is probably it.

Posts: 254 | From North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifewithlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifewithlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Patience is difficult but essential with this disease; I'm on my 10th year of antibiotics (15/16 years sick) and unfortunately still quite sick. It's a puzzle with no directions included…hope you feel better soon.
Posts: 588 | From Wallingford, CT USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, Lyme Disease and its coinfections are a roller coaster process. It's up and down, but stay with it as the ups will become more frequent.

You might have caught a virus over the holidays. I would catch viruses without the runny nose, etc.

Forget the foot baths. They made me so sick, and I've read that they aren't really effective. The particles you see in the bath are chemical reactions with the water.

Give yourself 18 months of treatment before you really can tell the difference in how you feel.

This, too, shall pass.

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TBrown, try not to let the peaks and valleys of this illness get you down.

I know that is very hard to do. You see some sliver of hope that you are feeling better and then you get slammed down.

It is so disheartening. But that is truly the nature of the beast. I know what I would do when I had a window of feeling better....

I would jump up and do the things that needed to be done for quite some time. I would run the vacuum. I would finally go to the grocery store with my long long list of needs.

Bam, I overdid it. Never failed. People used to tell me, just because you have a good 1/2 day, enjoy it. Don't do something stupid and burn it up.

Well to me happy was looking at a clean floor or I should say happy that I could do it. Yes, my husband got stuck with many chores.

But I would truly try to do something normal. I wanted to be normal again. Normal healthy people can run the vacuum and not suffer consequences.

The worst thing I could do was think, oh I'm going shopping. Shopping in grocery store or even a dept store was a sure thing that I would be buzzing within minutes of walking into the store.

Buzzing was a neuro stir, fluorescent lights weakened me. So I did learn that little size stores still got me out of the home but the buzz was not as bad on me.

So when you have a good day, what do you do to try to get back to life as before your illness?

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thrown, I am sorry you are going through this. I rember 3 months being a hard time. You've done it long enough you feel you should beaming progress ... But your only really a short time in. Be good to yourself and know that it takes time.

You are basically going through a form of chemo (except killing bugs not cells) But those cells have invaded your body... They have drilled down, morphed, hidden in your DNA and they are not giving up with our a fight.

It's hard that your parents aren't able to give you the emotional support you need. It does help. But even if being supportive a non Lyme person just doesn't get it.

Hang in. It sucks. But your doing what you need to do.

Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement