LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What to ask LLMD?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What to ask LLMD?
NH_Hiker
Member # 43676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NH_Hiker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For newbies like me. Is there a thread for what to ask your LLMD on the first appointment? It would be extremely helpful:)

Also what to do and what not to do or ask.

My head is still spinning from all the info I'm trying to absorb.

Thank you [Smile]

Posts: 29 | From 42.782745, -71.280301 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, there is! Glad you asked!!

Making the most of your LLMD visit
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/020605.html

That thread is located here, with lots of other good info:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/88555

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NH_Hiker
Member # 43676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NH_Hiker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you!! There is a wealth of info there:)
Posts: 29 | From 42.782745, -71.280301 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yepper!! We aim to please around here! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
applewine
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for applewine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NH_Hiker,

Before you ask your doctor I have some advice.

I have been through this lyme disease process, treatment referral before.

I would seriously suggest you consider how likely you have lyme disease and if you think there is a test that can prove it. Also, I would be cautious in any antibiotics or medications you take.

I was given 4 antibiotics and developed a neurological condition called paresthesias I feel all over like cold water, burning and stinging.

I took them for 6 months and did not improve and talked to so many people I decided there was no proof of this and that people were not being cured.

I decided people were just being told they had to take antibiotics forever. I was told 2 years by my doctor.

I would ask your doctor if they could use a test from some more reputable labs like stoney brook just in case. Also if you get the igenx ask about band 31 confirmation tests for cross-reactivity.

Also, you may want to wait until you can get the new antigen test coming out this summer. That may be more reliable. It will be updated next year with even more markers added.

Consider what problems you have and realize you don't want to experiment on yourself.

I heard of one person who took a certain antibiotic IV and lost their gull bladder. I want to keep mine.

For me I'm waiting for proof of infection and a cure before I even consider lyme disease again.

Also I suggest you avoid Bactrim as it can cause some nastry psychological as well as dermological side effects. Many people are allergic. I also get red blood spots on my skin which may have been from Bactrim.

Perhaps doxycycline may be the safest thing to take. I was prescribed minocycline, azithromycin, bactrim and rifampin.

Also even for doxy look up all side effects. I remember something about black thyroid or something. I'd just make sure you know what you are getting into.

Posts: 136 | From arlington, VA | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by applewine:

I would ask your doctor if they could use a test from some more reputable labs like stoney brook just in case.

--

For me I'm waiting for proof of infection and a cure before I even consider lyme disease again.

-
Stonybrook is NOT the best lab. Just forget it!

If you are waiting for a cure before beginning treatment, you will be dead and gone before that happens.

Not sure why you are here if you are not considering the possibility that you have Lyme disease and choose not to be treated?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too am wondering why you're here, Applewine, if you're questioning whether you have Lyme - ??

Plenty others of us have tested positive and are responding to treatments. Everyone has the right to see a Lyme-treating doctor if they'd like to for a work-up.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NH_Hiker
Member # 43676

Hi Applewine,

I can appreciate all view points that can lead to productive debates.

I have a positive diagnoses of Lyme.

Your commit on "a cure for Lyme" has me wondering. Do you have privy to information that the rest of us don't?

If you know of something regarding a "cure" coming down the road in the near future, would be so kind as to share that information?

IMHO, waiting for a cure to seek treatment is not logical. If you were diagnosed with Diabetes, would you wait for a cure before beginning treatment? (Not trying to offend anyone with Diabetes:))

Did you have a bad experience with treatment?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement