LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone take boluoke for biofilms

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone take boluoke for biofilms
twinnick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twinnick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am still doing some research on what enzyme I should take to break down biofilms.

My main search criteria are:

-ideally 1 pill a day. I don't want to have to take 4 of this pill, then 6 of that pill, 4 times a day... I already do that with my other abx/supps. I would like a one-a-day.

-Effectiveness [obviously] I want some that people swear by.

I have read a little on boluoke. Sounds like some people think it works...looks like you take it, maybe twice a day.

But wow, $$$$.

Any insight will be greatly appreciated!

Posts: 153 | From Midwest | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about biofilm.

Boluoke helps me with hypercoagulation. I got my blood work back it's in normal range now (it showed abnormal fibrin monomer before).

It is expensive. I need to take 4 a day to stay in range. I'd rather do this than heparin shots though.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinnick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twinnick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else?
Posts: 153 | From Midwest | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SickSci
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SickSci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the past 2.5 months, my LLMD has me taking 1 pill of Boluoke in the morning and 1 pill of Serrapeptase in the afternoon. I often forget/miss the afternoon dose.

My indications for enzymes were
1) Cognitive deficits suggestive of neuro small vessel dz
2) Positive biofilm Fry Lab test and biofilm-producing protozoal tests (I take Fry results with a grain of salt. Would love to discuss in another post)

My cognitive function has DEFINITELY improved... but I have no labs to confirm any sort of effect from Boluoke/Serrapeptase, and there may be umpteen other meds/supplements responsible for the improvement.

--------------------
-------------
- Working Dx: Protozoa x3, Bartonella
- Tx: Biaxin, Mycobutin, Ivermectin, boluoke, serapeptase, allimed, silver ACS 200 spray, Mg, Iodoral, fish oil, Vit's B, C, D, NAC, etc

Posts: 121 | From Nc | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinnick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43163

Sicksci,

Would you recommend boluoke? I know you said its hard to tell if it's helped you, but I guess I should ask, would you be comfortable with not taking it anymore?

Also, what is serrapeptase? Is it different than boluoke?

What brands do you take?

I could deal with taking two pills a day if it breaks down biofilms.

SickSci
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SickSci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
twinnick -

I do think these enzymes are worth trying, especially as pretreatment before abx etc. It took a couple weeks or a month to notice slow progress - there was no dramatic reaction for me...

My Boluoke (lumbrokinase) brand:
http://www.canadarna.com/b_buluoke_faq.htm

My Serrapeptase brand:
http://arthurandrew.com/products/serretia

--------------------
-------------
- Tx: Biaxin, Mycobutin, Ivermectin, boluoke, serapeptase, allimed, silver ACS 200 spray, Mg, Iodoral, fish oil, Vit's B, C, D, NAC, etc

Posts: 121 | From Nc | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boluoke binds with protein and there is none in biofilm so it doesn't reduce it. The best thing I have found is Liposomal EDTA.

The liposome acts like a Trojan Horse to carry the EDTA into the biofilm where it is released to do it's job. EDTA binds with heavy metals but it will also bind with the iron and magnesium in the biofilm to degrade it.

Another thing that is very good for reducing biofilm is Cistus, either the tea or the tincture. It is so effective that it will whiten your teeth because it destroys the plaque causing the yellow.
Cistus is 100% absorbed into the blood.

A low fat diet is very helpful - one with little iron and magnesium. THe liposomal EDTA works best when you are on a low fat diet because the biofilm is so starved for the fat.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SickSci
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43849

nefferdun -

What brand of Liposomal EDTA did you use?
Have you done IV EDTA, and if so can you compare your IV/oral experience?

thx

--------------------
-------------

twinnick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43163

Neffer,

Same question, what brand Liposomal EDTA do you take? How much do you take and how often?

And I can siimy drink the tea you mentioned to break down Biofilms? Where is this tea from you speak of..? [Smile]

Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where do you get cistus tea to try?

It looks like it's over $50 for a bag (price + shipping). I would rather not spend that much just to sample it.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinnick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43163

Wow, this Liposomal EDTA looks expensive.

Does they offer it in pill form?

surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took Boulke while in treatment, first thing in a.m. empty stomach, followed by antibiotics 2-3 hours later.

I trust Researched Nutritional product line, glad I took it.

I tried EDTA in Klaire Interphase Plus capsules, and after 1 month, felt the EDTA was pulling minerals (as it chelates) from my teeth and bones, which I can't afford to lose, very thin boned despite mineral supplements, so stopped using it.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. One of my favorite supplements.
Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EDTA does not pull minerals from your teeth and bones. It doesn't get into your saliva either so it is safe if you have amalgams. If it has bound with a mineral, and then comes across a heavy metal, it will exchange it. Here is one study about it's effectiveness against biofilm.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1393226/

I use Allergy Research LipoPhos EDTA, which you can buy on amazon.com. It is one of the brands recommended by Dr. Roberts, who does the methyl cycle mutations consultations.

It tastes horrible. The best way to take it is to put it in your mouth and then drink something to swallow it. I don't drink half a bottle, as directed, because it is too disgusting. I take 1 TB and then drink it down with half of glass of pomegranate juice.

I did 5 IV chelations. The liposomal EDTA is supposed to be as good as IV at a fraction of the cost. It looks expensive at $20 a bottle BUT IV is $150! You get about 3 grams of EDTA in an IV and 2 grams in a bottle.

I was told it takes 10-20 IVs to clear the heavy metals from your body. That would mean it would take 15 to 30 bottles of the liposome. Over a year I went through about 12 bottles plus the IV. It really helped. In fact, I am in remission as far as the protomyxzoa goes and bart is clearing up quickly.

Dr. K says Cistus is the most powerful biofilm buster and this is the site he recommended.
http://retailbiopure.me/Biofilm-Management/

I got the tincture, which is a 4 oz bottle and lasts a long time. I find this much easier to remember to take because I can just put a few drops directly into my mouth and it has the added benefit of keeping my teeth white.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EDTA does pull minerals from the body.

When I said teeth and bones, that was my intuition speaking to me.
So I stopped taking it after 30 days.

I had a bone density scan at age 44, showing Osteopenia.
Never had an amalgam, thank God.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinnick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43163

Okay...I am about to make a purchase of Boluoke and give it a try...

What brand does everyone use? Please provide a link... [Smile]

Also, how much do you take and when?

Thanks all!

faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Researched Nutritionals Boluoke is what I use.

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinnick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43163

quote:
Originally posted by faithful777:
Researched Nutritionals Boluoke is what I use.

Do you feel boluoke helps you? How much do you take and how often?
nefferdun
Member # 20157

"Now, companies that market oral chelation products containing calcium disodium EDTA set themselves apart from the other chelation companies by providing what is probably the safest and most effective form of oral chelation on the market today.

Since it is already bound with calcium, the EDTA in calcium disodium EDTA will not chelate calcium, which is a major risk for anyone using disodium EDTA or magnesium EDTA. However, once in the blood stream, calcium disodium EDTA will quickly shed its calcium bond and chelate toxic heavy metals such as lead or mercury. It’s just a matter of which metal molecule it comes in contact with first."

http://www.smart-publications.com/articles/the-business-of-chelation-and-why-EDTA-oral-chelation-is-best

One of the studies about EDTA and biofilm.

http://aem.asm.org/content/78/22/7977.full

--------------------

nefferdun
Member # 20157

If you have hyper coagulated blood, prickly pear cactus reduces platelets. Mine were high and in 3 months they are now normal. This also binds with fat, which is great for PR and it reduces blood sugar.

It is so good for inflammation the people take it to avoid a hangover after drinking too much.

I have been on Bactrim and Roxy since January to get rid of the bart. I eat honey and should be full of yeast. I think it is the cistus that kills that as well as helping with the biofilm. It also whitens my teeth.

--------------------

canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it. Don't specifically take it for biofilm.
Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use this as well as soy lecithin EDTA .

I also do cistus tea and started adding
Tumeric and Cheyenne

Also adding xylitol and stevia to my tea
As trial.

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.4162070207.ca/english/therapy/LecithinTherapy.aspx

This link described lecithin therapy vs chelation
And lecithin dissolves plaques and fats vs chelation which
binds the metals to remove them,

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

This is closest I can find to the item I take orally
K2 is anticoagulant

EDTA Liposomal K2 Lecithin (soy based) and it comes as a goopy substance you dissolve and drink. Tastes terrible and recommended to dissolve in pineapple juice

Here is cut and past of the description.

BIOGENESIS NUTRACEUTICALS�

Dietary Supplement
300 ml

Formulated Exclusively For Healthcare Professionals

More Info:
Liposomal EDTA supplies essential phospholipids (lecithin source) and EDTA for support of healthy cardiovascular function. This product helps promote optimal circulation and healthy soft tissue calcium metabolism. Liposomal EDTA may help reduce overall body toxic burden.

Ingredients:
Serving Size:10ml
Servings Per Container:30

Amount Per Serving
EDTA-K2 ...1500mg**
Lecithin ...4000mg**
(soy source)

lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never herd that low mag is necessary to break up biofilms...is this true
It would be very hard for me to go without mag

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement