LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Someone says cinnamon essential oil will do the job

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Someone says cinnamon essential oil will do the job
lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenotlite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was perusing the comments on Buhner's latest book on Amazon when I came across this one:

A friend with Lymes and these coinfections got rid of them twice - once using Buhner's recommendations- but they all came back, showing they had not been completely eliminated. Together we discovered (I had babesia) that true cinnamon leaf oil has powerful healing qualities: 2 drops a day for 105 days eliminates all infections, including bacteria, virus, fungus and parasite. Try it for yourself, it's both cheap and easy - but make sure to dilute it in some juice or oil, otherwise it will burn your mouth. Also, many other supplements will work against it - visit lyme-symptoms[dot]com for the full protocol.

You need to look for a products that states it us true cinnamon (zeylanicum or verum) and leaf (it's the oil from the leaves of the cinnamon bush that has the necessary eugenol as the main component) and also "steam distilled"; in my experience, the NuKira brand worked.

Cinnamon bark oil gives the true cinnamon smell and flavour, while leaf does not, it smells like cloves. So it depends on what you want the oil for - smell and flavour or healing...

Also, avoid cassia, or any bottle that does NOT say cinnamon zeylanicum or cinnamon verum AND "steam distilled". They taste and smell somewhat similar but do not work the same way. Cassia is legally allowed to be called "cinnamon" so it's easy to get the wrong kind, which I did initially.

The few alternative oils for this healing protocol are:
- Marjoram (Origanum majorana) aka sweet marjoram
- Thymus Mastichina also known as Wild Marjoram, Mastic Thyme and Marjoram Spanish
- Mandarin (Citrus reticulata) from South Africa

Within an hour of taking the first drop of true cinnamon leaf oil (steam distilled) in some juice my breathing became easier as I have Babesia, a cousin of Malaria which eats red blood cells - these cells carry oxygen throughout the body. Ugh, the juice failed to mask the taste, just as strong and as bitter as clove oil and oregano oil - and I'm hoping I don't become allergic to it as I did very quickly with oil of oregano - probably unlikely since it's only 2 drops daily.

Here's the site she is referring to: I happen to have some cinnamon leaf oil and, needless to say, I just ingested a couple of drops in juice. She does say "lymes" so that does make her post a bit suspect.

[ 06-09-2014, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: lymenotlite ]

Posts: 705 | From WA state | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had just chewed the bark for a while. I do think it has good properties too!

I would also try cardamon, in powder, in tea. Amazing plant for cleaning. And also for babesia (at least, I used it and I do think it worked well!).

I dislike strong oils like thymian and oregano. I'd rather use milder ones, ingested.

I also recently tried lavender oil diluted in water. Also amazing, and mild, compared to oregano or thymian (scary oils, in my opinion).

Peppermint oil (I'm talking about essential oils) is one of my favorites, but not ingested. Rubbed.

It does wonderful things with pimples, tick bites, insect bites, colds, stuff nose, and to strengthen any acupuncture point. I also use it as anti infective, many times!

We know only a bit about essential oils, but they are very powerful indeed!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinnick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twinnick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, but I have a hard time believing 2 drops a day for a little over 3 months rids the body of lyme and cos.

My reasoning; it's too good to be true.

Posts: 153 | From Midwest | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm distrustful of someone using the word Lymes. It also looks like an ad to go to their website.

Here's a thread that was already done about cinnamon oil (and the same website) that I think covers the topic well:

Cinnamon Oil got rid of Lyme? Is Link True?
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=127463;p=0#000000

I wouldn't put much faith in it getting rid of Lyme until there are studies to back it up.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Judie:

I'm distrustful of someone using the word Lymes. It also looks like an ad to go to their website.

-
Same thought I had.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenotlite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way and if I recall correctly, there was a woman who knew a lot about essential oils who posted in the past. I think she got rid of lyme with the oils but not certain.

Her name was Farah and information about her can be found in a search using her name. I don't have time to look into it right now but might be rewarding.

Posts: 705 | From WA state | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ms dixie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ms dixie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read something similar in a review of cinnamon oil at Amazon. The claim was similar by the reviewer. I think cinnamon oil and clove oil both have potential and should be considered for lyme or parasites.

I am not sure about the "CURE " cliam , but it may well be a useful tool. I plan on trying both oils in a gelatin capsule mixed with a tiny bit of olive oil to protect the gut.

Posts: 153 | From Huntsville Al | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymenotlite, you're right. Farah was a naturopath and I suspect she got her license taken away, because she said that one can treat lyme and coinfections with essential oils.

People here think you are selling cinnamon oil! Are you?

I do find essential oils good for many things.

Nothing is 'cure' in the lyme world. But anything that helps without doing much harm is very welcome, in my opinion!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Have any of you all chew clove? This thing is potent! I got rid of a tooth infection once just chewing cloves. You know, when lyme was active, my teeth were in poor condition.

chewing cloves saved a tooth from root canal treatment, I believe. Imagine the essential oil (I wouldn't ingest that, no way). Cloves are strong on their own, a bit like oregano leaves themselves. I think it could be dangerous to drink some oils.

I mean, for the kidneys, at least...

lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

I'm not selling cinnamon oil. That's a bit of a stretch. I assume because I posted that website. Further, I am using Starwest cinnamon and I doubt that their brand is the same - I'm assuming they are selling the oil but I didn't look into that too closely.

The website referred to was a hyphenated name. I initially went to the name without the hyphenation so I thought I'd provide you guys with the correct site to prevent the confusion. There was a lyme site without the hyphenation.

That being said, I woke up this morning without the usual headache which I assume is from babesia, according to a symptom list I read lately. We'll see how the cinnamon works out.

[ 06-10-2014, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: lymenotlite ]

lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

I captured some Farah info years ago and here is some of it. I do not know anything about the brand LymeEssence but I assume it is no longer being made and I do not have any financial or other interest in it. I never tried the recipe. Once again the use of lymes:

"I just ordered the essential oil for lymes which includes LymeEssence Oil 2oz. Contains 20% eucalyptus, lemon, frankincense, patchouli, geranium, and thyme essential oil in a base of 80% grapeseed oil. Has potentially incredible infection fighting powers. Is this the oil you used Farah?"
Sunny girl

"That is the oil formula I used all through my struggle with Lyme
Disease. For everyone trying the oils out, be prepared for herxes."

lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thieves oil from Young Living is a combo of clove, cinnamon, lemon, eucalyptus and rosemary.

I take it daily with oil of oregano for parasites and yeast.

It was an integral part of my treatment and getting well.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

lymeinhell,

How and when (A.M., before meals, etc) and how much do you take of the Thieves Oil? Also oregano oil. If you take it internally, have you had any gut issues? I've been thinking about getting Thieves Oil from Y.L. for awhile.

GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thieve's Oil does help.

I tried it internally-didn't notice anything.

But externally in a carrier oil (I use grapeseed) it helps.

Somewhere I read that anything applied to our skin is absorbed by the body in under a minute. (subdermal).

I also diffuse thieve's oil, and it helps my sinusitis.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement