LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to General Support.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I am a better person because I had Lyme | My update. 1 1/2 years later.

Author Topic: I am a better person because I had Lyme | My update. 1 1/2 years later.
YinYang
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YinYang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's been difficult to come back here to Lymenet. It was once a home. I once "knew" each person on here: their struggles, their favorite advice, their victories, their defeats, I mourned their their losses and cheered them on. I tried to give some advice myself, once in a while.

Then I lowered down into the depths of the illness that took me for the ride of my life. I posted this here, on one of my darkest days. I thought that there was no way out.
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/122805?

But, little did I know, I was just about to rise from the ashes.

Three months after that post. I updated my situation. So much better. Using herbs, changing diet. Then I went on with my life. After that, my family and I continued to get better and make more and more progress. I committed to formally studying herbalism and a whole new world opened up to me. We are all feeling better than ever. I have more vitality and zest for life than I ever had. And I am thankful for every minute of it .

I can now honestly say I have so much gratitude for having Lyme. Going down this path not only shifted my life direction, it gave me my whole self back. It required me to make difficult decisions, on my darkest days. Alone, on the floor, in tears. It taught me to follow my instincts. Do my research. Listen to my body. Search for the unknown.

I wrote my whole Lyme story out here, in case you want to read it. It needs some editing. But, you'll forgive me - I know.
http://bruntil.com/wp/mystory/

(In one of my earlier, more hopeful days on LymeNet, I saw a post asking, "Does Anyone Ever Get Better?" The only responses were a handful of people saying yeah, people probably do but they go on living their lives and don't come back. I vowed then, if I ever got better I would come back. I may not be doing it as often as I had hoped, but I'm back (happy to see there is a Facebook presence, I'll join and perhaps help share my info there more regularly))

Posts: 274 | From United States | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi welcome back . Glad to hear doing well.
Myself I agree with you on. I can now honestly say I have so much gratitude for having Lyme. Going down this path not only shifted my life direction, it gave me my whole self back.

It required me to make difficult decisions, on my darkest days. Alone, on the floor, in tears. It taught me to follow my instincts. Do my research. Listen to my body. Search for the unknown.

I have been in remission for a while now, and do make my presence known at lyme support groups still.

Whether sharing different protocols or just listening to them . Or if they want to hear my story, and to see smiles on their faces. Wow it can end and

That their is a light at end of tunnel and sharing and understanding what others are going through .

I think it's important to still speak out for those who can't whether signing petitions , rally , and other useful ideas like a specific letter writing campaign but I won't go into details on that one on the forums.

emailing or speaking with your local congress men getting lyme pamphlets bring them to work or just have some handy .

The forum's are good but seeing people in person is just so much better.

And to know when to keep quiet when you hear someone has another diagnosis but it could and more likely lyme and another tick borne illnesses.

That sort of bothers me but if they are satisfied with their diagnosis that lyme mimics .

I can't change that, you can lead a horse to water , but can't make it drink.

Posts: 238 | From Where | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just lovely. Thank you, both.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
birdie67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for birdie67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, YinYang!! Tears of joy are rolling down my face for you. Today was a day, I REALLY needed to hear this, so thank you!

Thank you also, Lostlyme! So happy for your healing. The more success stories, the better.

Big hugs to you both [Smile]

Posts: 486 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Yin Yang! Thanks for sharing your story with everyone! I just added it to our success stories and will move this to General Support.

Will everyone please join her there?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement