LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » anyone know wht this virus is that is going around? what works on it?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anyone know wht this virus is that is going around? what works on it?
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sinus, chest, wicked bad sore throat, un productive cough, fever?

This is really nasty. I wonder what bug it is. Son got bronchitis from it

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rowingmom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 41213

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rowingmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://www.facebook.com/stephen.buhner/posts/737598732975750

Perhaps?

--------------------
13 yo DX PANS/Tourette's/Asperger's/ADHD treated for Igenex positive bartonella/IND lyme with 2 years of abx treatment. Weaned off abx April 2013 at 80% improvement. Continuing with Buhner bartonella/babesia protocols. Aug 2014 99% improvement.

Posts: 265 | From Canada, Ontario | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know, but I hope you get well soon!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could be an Upper Respiratory Infection:

Acute Upper Respiratory Infection (Cold) Symptoms
Symptoms in otherwise healthy individuals include:

• Sore throat and sneezing occur early in the course of the infection and usually resolve in 3 - 6 days.

• Low grade fever (less than 100 degrees Fahrenheit) and muscle aches commonly accompany these initial symptoms and usually resolve within a week.

• Nasal congestion, sinus pressure, ear pressure are common symptoms and usually persist through the first week of illness. About 30% of patients still have these symptoms at 2 weeks, although they should be improving after 7 - 10 days.

• Nasal or post-nasal drainage is usually clear and watery the first few days, but often becomes thick and discolored (green to yellow) after several days. Discolored secretions do not automatically imply that a bacterial infection is present; most improve after 5-7 days.

• Cough occurs in the majority of colds and is usually more productive than seen with the flu. Sputum varies from clear to yellow-green and usually resolves within 2-3 weeks, although a lingering dry cough can persist 4 weeks in up to 25% of infections

-

http://studenthealth.ucsf.edu/cold

Feel better,
Steve

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elderberry extract is effective against viruses.
Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive been taking elderberry from.first sx...way more than i usually need. I havent gotten 'whats going around ' for years thanks to elderberry

This is different. My son started to get better in 12 hrs after azith

I think im startung to get better in 24 hrs after azith

Also sudafed, guaifenisin, lemon water and tons of green tea with honey and elderberry

My primary is getting five ppl a day with it...sounds like it might be bacterial. Stiff neck also goes with it.

Its all over country...i was wondering if they figured out what it was yet

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Rowing...that does sound like it. Today was my second day of zith and first day on new homeopathy to help thyroid

15 min after homeopathy stuff cough loosenrd and became productive....

Who knows

Im following new doc for now...in the past i used buhner a lot

The menigitis etc worries me cuz son who had minimal lyme tx has severe neck spasm/pain with it

He wont be open to buhner

His 18 month old has been on steroids and inhaler a month with it...she coughs but doesnt act sick unless they stop the meds

This world is really changing. We can help each other here...and help ourselves....but have to stand by and watch those we love who believe in medical docs

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Thanks for well wishes....

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

--------------------

onebratt08
Member # 43577

Icon 1 posted      Profile for onebratt08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My family (located in multiple states) had it within the last month and everyone is pointing to the flu as the cause (at least the initial illness). However, I am thinking it could be a mycoplasma infection going around. It takes about 3 weeks for a healthy person to fully recover.
Posts: 15 | From Columbus, Oh | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got chlamydia pneumonie last summer, and biaxin was what worked.

It gave me bronchitis, and I think it triggered a new case of asthma.

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting Onebratt08, I just got over something that took 3 weeks to recover from too. Worst cold I've ever had, tons of mucus, thin like crazy glue, couldn't clear it very well.

What was weird was it took about 3 weeks to the day to recover from. My doc said it was probably the flu, but it was all in my head, neck and chest with a mild fever first few days.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

That sounds like it. If my doc is getting 5 cases a day i would think they would try to figure out what it is

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kayak.. your phone has been in overdrive for quite awhile now! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Feeling better today?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I. Think i am a little. Intermittent severe headacke comes and goes on its own. I thought it might finally be coffee withdrawl but i dont want coffee and before i can get some to medicate with headache goes away

Xclear usually helps but it really hurts to use it so i put it off and i can breathe thru nose ok

I upped my detox, i posted on other threads about exercise and googling new doc

I get weak standing tho. It would discourage me but i know it hastaken others 3 wks to get better

No complaints as long as i can stay on protocol...one more zith tomorrow and done with what primary prescribed

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sure hope the abx will clear it for you. I have a feeling mine will be around longer than I'd like.

Have a great day! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had to take multiple courses, but then I have a crappy immune system. Hope everything is feeling better soon!
Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement