LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Has anyone tried Ledum 1M as a cure for Lyme?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Has anyone tried Ledum 1M as a cure for Lyme?
tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tulips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the past couple of weeks I've been stung by Yellow Jackets twice and used Ledum 30C which I

had at home. While looking up Ledum on the Internet, I came across an article, "Your Pets

and Lyme Disease" by Stephen Tobin DVM on www:saveadog.org who uses 1 pellet of Ledum 1M
3 times a day for 3 days for dogs with Lyme with
good results.

He states in the article, that he uses Borrellia Burgdorferi nosode as a preventative and describes the dose.

He also says that "One client, to whom I have given the nosode for her horse, took it herself and told me that the Lyme disease she had been suffering from for several years, cleared up."

Has anyone tried either of these remedies?

Posts: 653 | From Northern Virginia | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
LEDUM homeopathic

I used at the strongest dose (1 M, I do think), daily for a week or more, as per instructions from a naturopathic doctor (not really lyme literate, though) years ago.

I had zero effects from it. I would never say it would cure lyme in someone who already had lyme. I was told it would cure me and very much disappointed. But I had had lyme for many years already at that point.

Although, I have read that if taken immediately after one discovers an attached tick or a suspect bite while out and about or soon after arriving home, that THAT is the time when ledum could possibly be able to work.

Same with pets, ledum is one that holds promise when it's right there at the ready.

Still, I'd certainly back that up with other measures as soon as I could such as with HEPAPRO ALLICIN for myself (not sure about an animal) until I could seek medical advice.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
NOSODES

As for your other question about borrelia nosodes, I had a terrible experience with that technique many years ago, too. Two rounds of various strength vials were used over a couple weeks each time.

Deseret was the brand I used. It could have been the alcohol in them that clobbered me so but, whatever it was, I was much worse for a very long time with both round of this.

I was very sad as it was supposed to be the very thing to make me marvelous. Sigh.

However, talk to those who have done the BioPhoton treatments as they use nosodes in a very specific way and many seems to get better. A few, I've read do not, but several have.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Yellow Jacket stings

Did Ledum help you with those? There is also topical in a short clear vial that you break and the cotton Q-tip applies a green goo that really helps take the sting out, it's called STING KILL
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
http://www.amazon.com/Sting-kill-Disposable-Swabs-5-Count/dp/B000GCPWSC

Sting Kill swabs

One can last for hours or the better part of day if you store it upright and keep it covered with some plastic wrap over the swab end so as not to dry out. Good to reapply to the sting site.

And keep a band aid on the sting so it can stay moist with the gel. As it dries out it may sting a bit again so just reapply the gel.
-

tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tulips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Keebler, the article was in a homeopathic publication in 1994. I imagine if there was anything to it, it would be the treatment of

choice for everyone now and none of us would be in the fix that we're in.

Posts: 653 | From Northern Virginia | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SacredHeart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacredHeart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read a story about a lady that got attacked by killer bees and it cured her lyme.

She did follow up stings with bees she ordered. I forget how many times a day.

Not sure if anyone has tried this option here? Not killer bees of course. =)

--------------------
Lyme flare June, July, August of 2013. Diagnosed September 2014 Lyme, Bartonella, Mycoplasma, Mono

Posts: 595 | From Texas Crossroads | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always used and still use Ledum, together with Hypericum as a help to clear infections. These are potent homeopathic remedies.

Ledum in such high dilutions (1M), I don't think I have ever used. I use normal homeopathic dilutions, X and C. Example: Ledum 30X, 60X, 100X. 200X or 60C, 200C for example.

Same for Hypericum (mainly for viruses). Both are quite effective if used in the right dilution /potency. They can kill infections all on their own, in my experience.

But lyme is too complex for treating ONLY with Ledum. Maybe in the past, in the 70s, 80s... But later, with all coinfections, all the EMRs and toxins, I wonder if only Ledum will solve the problem for most of us...

AS I said, I never used M or LM dilutions of Ledum, so I can't put my hand on fire that it won't heal lyme.

If I heard about that before, I would have CERTAINLY tried it, as I am really more familiar with homeopathy than with herbs and chemicals. On top, it usually does not cost a lot, so I would have tried it.

Just now, I'm fighting a bad bladder infection that reacts to Ledum 30C. You can see you feel better, but it couldn't eliminate the infection for good. So I needed to do nosodes for that.

So, in my opinion, homeopathic Ledum is only another good help for treating borrelia, but not a solo therapy (unless you're very lucky like the dog).

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
From my file notes:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/125253

Topic: Who here has had success with homeopathy?
Messa posted - July 2013

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/130954

Topic: How can a homeopathic treatment look like?

Brussels posted - Jan. 2015

-
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/2/13964

How to find an ILADS-educated LL:

N.D. (Naturopathic Doctor);

L.Ac. (Acupuncturist);

D.Ay. (Doctor of Ayurvedic Medicine);

D.O.M. (Doctor of Oriental Medicine); etc.

-
Pulling that homeopathic post out from the set, note that homeopathics were not used alone, but in combination:

HOMEOPATHY & HERBS
-------------------------------------------

Robin123 just posted this in another thread:

Good new book out:

http://www.outofthewoodsbook.com/

"Out Of The Woods" written by Katina Makris,

Lyme patient, who's also a homeopath. She treated with homeopathy and herbs and is doing better.

------------------------------

thanks to patches10025 for these links:

http://www.cindeegardner.com/articles/9545617127/treating-lyme-disease-naturally

Treating Lyme Disease Naturally

- by Cindee Gardner, Ph.D., HD (R.Hom.), D.Hom., C.Hom.

a satisfied patient:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MPzIZjW7-k&feature=related

13-minute video - by ColdUnderstanding Jan 14, 2012

- after other treatment failures, one young woman's successful experience with homeopathy & herbal support treatment.

Just stay with her as she takes us through how she succeeded. She said it "worked miracles" - very authentic. Very hopeful.

(Parental caution for those with young children near your computer as you watch: there are few "adult" words near the end. Totally in context and within reason, yet perhaps not best for young ears.)

---------------------------------

Razzle suggests reading this book: "The Homeopathic Treatment of Lyme Disease" by Peter Alex
-

tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

Thanks Sacred Heart for the info on Killer Bees. I have a knack for irritating bees. Maybe I'll run into the right ones [Smile] Thanks Brussels for

the information on Ledum. I'm finding homeopathy very interesting. And thanks Keebler for the links and the title of Peter Alex's book.

terv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where can you get ledum in pellet form?

I read that same vet article. I was going to set up a telephone appt with the vet but haven't gotten to it.

Posts: 833 | From Somewhere | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Healing Lyme, Stephen Buhner wrote, 'The general report from practitioners who have prescribed ledum and people who have used it is, however, mixed. Most find that it sometimes helps but this is primarily when taken just after tick bite and before the disease becomes full blown.'

He also refers to both bee venom and homeopathic apis in the book. His suggested dosages are:

At onset of rash, homeopathic apis 30C taken three times daily for three days. Not for use while pregnant.

At discovery of tickbite, homeopathic ledum 1M taken three times daily for three days.

I did one round of homeopathic borrellia series, and like Keebler, used the one by Deseret. I appeared to have some herxing at times during it, but no improvement to my chronic Lyme.

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

terv: You can get Ledum in pellet form from Amazon. ukcarry, thanks for the information on Ledum and Apis and the homeopathic borrelia series. I've thought about trying it but decided not to.
Judie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tried Ledum when I had my first erythema migrans rash (it was misdiagnosed as a spider bite and ND gave me Ledum).

Ledum did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. The rash grew to an insane size. Another doctor properly diagnosed it as Lyme.

Homeopathics just made me chronic because I wasn't treating properly with antibiotics.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenotlite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spoke with a homeopath who said he is using LymePlex by Kingbio for lyme and is having success. I have not tried it.
Posts: 705 | From WA state | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

lymenotlite, that's really exciting. Did your homeopath say what kind of success he is seeing with LymePlex?

And Judie, thanks for your input about Ledum. I'm trying the 3 days of Ledum right now.

Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think 3 days will cure anyone from chronic lyme, but it won't hurt to try...

I did use homeopathy together with herbs and other treatments, and it was (and it is) still one of the best modes of treatment I use.

Of course, there are millions of substances in trillions of dilutions, and each work differently. Not a single bullet treatment, like any treatment, but as you can get them easily, as they have less side effects (or no side effects), I still prefer them.

Just in my closet, I do think I shall have about 1,000 substances in homeopathic dilutions.... That home pharmacy is the only thing that makes me feel a bit safe.

Once you get used to deal with nosodes, and other homeopathic substances, and if you know how to test energetically, I swear it has been the most helpful way of treatment I could ever encounter, specially for chronic diseases.

I'm used to lower dilutions of Ledum, and I'm not too familiar with M dilutions. I know that Ledum in HERBAL FORM has also been used to treat lyme (meaning, not in homeopathy). There was an old member of lymenet who swore by it. I never tried though, as I heard it could be poisonous (if my memory is good).

Anyway, good luck. Let us know how it went.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement