LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Permanent biofilms, detox failures, and anyone try Royal Jelly?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Permanent biofilms, detox failures, and anyone try Royal Jelly?
lymeonade2015
Member # 45611

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeonade2015     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone tried taking Royal Jelly or Cis-2-decenoic Acid? I've read that it can break down biofilms: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3442006/

I feel stuck because although I have gone through six herxes now on my pulse treatments since March, the herxes have almost disappeared and my symptoms persist. I do think that I am on the right medications (bicilin, zithromax, tindamax, semanto, and banderol) in addition to taking serrapeptase for biofilms. Before taking the semanto, banderol, and serrapeptase I didn't have herxes, but then I started having them.

Now, the herxes are almost nonexistent but I still feel the lyme and have had zero improvement in cognitive symptoms. I tested negative for coinfections and I don't feel I have a coinfection because my symptoms match mostly just lyme.

My lyme seems to be entirely in one area where I can feel "activity" and nerve pain - and I think that it is protected there by a thick biofilm.

I can't seem to find a way to simply eradicate the entire biofilm. There must be something out there that will simply break down the entire biofilm (not prevent growth... or take away one part of the film... but destroy the entire thing). I'm about to try Miracle Mineral Supplement, possibly Royal Jelly, and maybe a rife machine. I'm at the point where I'm starting to read through the detailed science behind breaking biofilms to try and find something that will work. It seems like Curza and other companies have medicine that will apparently work to kill biofilms, but its years away from being purchasable.

For detoxing - I've tried everything from activated charcoal to chlorella to niacin and I have yet to find something that will actual get the toxins out of my brain. I know its a slow process but it seems like every detox method out there only works in the gut and I feel zero difference. I'm also now wondering why, when I have a herx, there is an increase in toxins / cognitive issues that then successfully clears in several days, but the ongoing shutdown of the front part of my brain (and toxins there) has not gone away at all.

Just going on the assumption that the toxins aren't permanently trapped and the brain will clear them out naturally, this implies that the lyme is still very much alive and well and producing toxins underneath the biofilm - the film that I can't seem to fully eradicate, even with serrapeptase, etc.

Any advice? Anyone try Royal Jelly or any other crazy compounds? Is there really nothing out there that will just destroy a biofilm?

Thanks again,

Posts: 69 | From NYC | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I initially went after biofilms by treating for parasites. That gave me a measurable improvement in cognitive and psych sx, but I still felt my brain very much missing. I think addressing biofilms is important, and I use multiple enzyme types throughout the day along with herbs, meds, and occasional parasite tx.

Sometimes it can take a while to see improvements. I had damaging musculoskeletal sx for 3 years before dx, that was the first stuff to start clearing. My neuro sx I had for much longer. I've been treating Lyme and co's for a year and think I am finally realizing small but solid gains in cognitive ability; that progress is still very slow.

Many of the tests for confections are just as inaccurate or even more so than the ones for Lyme. There area lot of conditions that can mimic Lyme like mycoplasmas, mold toxicity, histamine intolerance, HPA imbalances, etc.

Once you get on top of a set of symptoms, it is very common for something else to crop up, be it a coinfection or bodily condition. This often dictates the course of treatment.

The connection between gut and brain is very significant, gut health will affect brain function. I find that employing multiple detox methods works best for me. Finding the right detox methods can be trial and error. Constant liver support is vital.

Posts: 474 | From US | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Biofilms are dispersed by oxygen.

Consider biofilms in nature...for example, "pond scum"; which forms in stagnant pools. You don't see pond scum forming in a moving stream, where the water is oxygenated.

Many chronic illnesses thrive in low oxygenated environments. For example, diabetic wounds that won't heal have low oxygen/circulation in the tissues, anaerobic bacteria, and biofilm. Hyperbaric oxygen is very effective in healing these wounds.

Here are some related articles:

http://lymemd.blogspot.com/2013/07/biofilms-hyperbaric.html

http://aac.asm.org/content/48/7/2659.short

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/734328_4

You can also go to the LymeNet thread to read more on Mild Hyperbaric:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/125201

Posts: 1887 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you shouldn't be pulsing your antibiotics.
Cyst busters, yes.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you plateau, that can mean it's time to try different abx.

[ 08-19-2015, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: WPinVA ]

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yet another option is Plaquex. It does come with cost, administered by IV. Can cause quite an effect.
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not only biofilms.

I tried royal jelly quite a few times, it works for some problems, for sure.

when meds do not work, in my experience, it is SOMETHING else completely different that is hampering healing: acupuncture, osteopathic adjustment, cranio sacral, heavy metal detox, electrotherapy, photon therapy, psychosomatic treatment, electrosmog treatment/ avoidance... all can be alternatives to help healing.

When an infected area does not heal, no matter what you take, it's time to change strategies.

You guys just think PATHOGEN, BIOFILMS, CYSTS.

what if it is NOT a pathogen problem??

What if a sick part cannot receive any treatment because that sick area is blocked?

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement