LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Dr Alan MacDonald has done it again!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dr Alan MacDonald has done it again!
Eight Legs Bad
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eight Legs Bad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear all

Dr Alan MacDonald has done it again!

Some of this is being discussed it on differen tthreads but I thought it might be an idea to house it all under one thread here because his latest findings are incredibly important!

They include:

Autopsy brain tissue positive for Borrelia in 5 out of 5 patients who died of Alzheimer's disease, using Molecular Beacon DNA probes specific for 2 Borrelia species

One thousand consecutive Alzheimer plaques from the above positive for Borrelia

Presence of a chimeric Borrelia in alzheimer's disease (bacteria containing DNA from BOTH Borrelia burgdorferi and Borrelia miyamotoi in the one microbe)

Presence of BIOFILMS of Borrelia in the BLOOD of Alzheimer's patients

Presence of hard beta-amyloid particles coating Borrelia biofilms in the blood of Alzheimer's patient - this potentially opens the door to a cheap and easy test for Alzheimer's years in advance of serioous dementia, and so an option for early treatment

Indications that Beta-amyloid, far from being the "cause" of dementia, is an anti-microbial peptide which the body uses to combat Borrelia biofilm infection.

Simply go to www.facebook.com/spirodementia to learn more about Dr MacDonald's latest findings.

Elena

--------------------
Justice will be ours.

Posts: 786 | From UK | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-
Elena,

Thanks so much for keeping his work in the sunlight.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eight Legs Bad
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eight Legs Bad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This letter from a UK doctor was published in the Telegraph today (UK daily paper with circulation of 1.15 million readers):

"SIR – The real issue as regards Lyme disease is being overlooked. Pioneering scientists and doctors worldwide have found that the genus of bacteria causing Lyme, Borrelia, is likely to be a major factor in other chronic diseases, like multiple sclerosis and Alzheimer’s disease.

Pharmaceutical companies are the main investors in medical research, and long-term symptom relief of chronic conditions is more profitable than alternatives to antibiotics. Funding is needed for larger-scale studies to verify a bacterial cause for unexplained chronic conditions and to develop alternatives to antibiotics.

Dr Annemarie Campbell
Lane End, Buckinghamshire "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/letters/11950468/Letters-State-system-consigns-many-working-class-children-to-sink-schools.html

--------------------
Justice will be ours.

Posts: 786 | From UK | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WakeUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent letter--- thank you 8 legs and thank you Dr. Campbell.

I am astounded that the Telegraph published this letter-- as this paper is owned and controlled by the very same globalists who are responsible for the Lymeland coverup... Hmmm ... it seems that factions and cracks are developing within the elite.

GOOD!!

Perhaps they realize that there are major cracks now developing in the Lyme disease coverup---- and that scientific truth is now destroying the previous propaganda--- so they now want to be in on the "new paradigm..." by publishing this letter.

Hopefully all the shills will be losing their jobs shortly.

The elite are very good at what they do... LOL.

Posts: 696 | From New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duncan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duncan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, since the Telegraph was brought up, please read the front page article in the Telegraph about the PACE Trials and ME/CFS.

Within the ME/CFS community, it is widely believed the PACE trials were a sham. That study has been dismantled over the last couple of years in forums just like this one.

But look what the UK citizenry and neighbors and clinicians are waking up to in England, despite what most ME/CFS researchers,patients and advocates know.

Then extrapolate that kind of coverage to Lyme, despite what we know and our one-off press successes.

These have been a good series of steps, but in the grand scale of things, they are small steps, and we have a long, long way to go.

Posts: 228 | From Unitied States | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eight Legs Bad
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13680

Wake Up wrote:

"I am astounded that the Telegraph published this letter-- as this paper is owned and controlled by the very same globalists who are responsible for the Lymeland coverup... Hmmm ... it seems that factions and cracks are developing within the elite."

The Telegraph is no different to any other mass media entity as far as being directly or indirectly controlled by the elite, if by "elite" you mean the richest and most powerful individuals in the world.

All major media outlets are under this kind of control, if not by virtue of their owners, then because they rely on advertising from the mighty corporations.

Your CNN, Fox News etc etc are no different in that regard to our mass media.

But the interesting thing here is that the sheer arrogance and total recklessness of the biological warfare scientists within the military-industrial complex has brought us to a point where it's not only ordinary people, in their millions, who are suffering from an unchecked Borreliosis epidemic.

What we are seeing now is that even billionaires themselves - like John Caudwell and his family - are falling victim to the Denial.

Military secrecy. Powerful stuff!

When billionaires' families start ending up in the same boat as us, even the media must find itself forced ignore censorship orders and phony "National Security" justifications for blackouts on accurate Lyme coverage, and to finally sit up and take notice.

It seems that the mad WMD scientists at Porton and Detrick are starting to irk the very Establishment itself with their arrogance and their negligence.

I disagree with you, Duncan, that these are just "small steps". These are big steps. The Establishment cannot function if billionaires' own families end up with persistent untreated infections.

That's destabilising.

It's reached a point where the Tim Brookses and Allen Steeres and Alan Barbours and Ed McSweegans and Phillip Bakers and Mark Klempners of this world have bitten off, in their mad-dog way, more than they can chew.

Watch this space.

Elena

--------------------
Justice will be ours.

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And it even hit an American president, GWB - they hushed it up at the time, telling the country a year later he had been treated for it, probably with gold standard treatment.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WakeUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went to visit the Rockefeller estate Kykuit a while back, and it was littered with deer ticks. (The Rocky family uses the playhouse there for their private functions, tax free.)

But the Rockefellers probably don't have to worry about deer ticks on their property, or Lyme disease, since Rockefeller University did a lot of the spirochete and biowarfare research decades ago--- and they most likely have a cure....

Posts: 696 | From New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am glad this is happening. it is a little light shining of hope for me. thanks for posting

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeNotLymes
Member # 45544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeNotLymes         Edit/Delete Post 
Just seeing that things are finally starting to move in the right direction is lifting my spirits, and probably my immune system as well.

--------------------
CDC positive for: Lyme & Babesia duncani
Clinical diagnosis of: Bartonella

Posts: 90 | From Rocky Mountains | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-Ohio
Member # 44364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-Ohio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey WakeUp,

I went to visit the Rockefeller estate Kykuit a while back, too and
though I was very careful, I got Lyme disease - for the second time!

It took me years to get better all over again.
Ann-OH

--------------------
Ann-OH

Posts: 1590 | From Ohio | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK... so I posted this research on my FB page and my cousin responded with this:

"To be credible the researchers need to establish how common it is to find Lyme in normal (non-Alzheimer) brains. Maybe all brains contain Lyme spirochetes? Without this baseline I have to call BS on this one, or at the very least poor science. I would stop reading anything this guy publishes based on this irresponsible claim. Next time I'm at the "Harvard Brain Bank" I'm gonna test 6 brains and see what I can "conclude". Give me a break! Quack! quack, quack, quack!! Quaaaaaaaaack! quack, quack, quack.. Sorry, too much fun here wink emoticon"

Soooooooooo how do I respond tho that??????

HELP!

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duncan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duncan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL.

I hope you don't mind if I take a stab at this, LisaK.

There have already been efforts by mainstream Lyme demonstrating not all Alzheimer's brains have evidence of spirochetes. This happened years ago, I think. The issues become who defined the cohort, and who is doing the testing, using what mechanisms.

Not everybody has been infected by Bb. There would be signs of that. If everybody HAS been infected, but we cannot detect it, brains would accordingly still appear Lyme-free. The question leads to a little exercise in circular reasoning, but an understandable one.

How would I respond? I'd say this is Step 1, and it's a big first step. It states a hypothesis and it demonstrates findings that support the hypothesis.

Next should come independent validation.

Validation is part of the Scientific process. Next step SHOULD be validation, but we know the next step will likely be biased attacks.

I have family members who occasionally try to poke holes in "unconventional" Lyme theory, in part because we are a big target that much of society likes to beat up on. So they think there must be something behind that? And they express this as a diluted form of skepticism?

I wonder when skepticism became a fad. I suspect there was a spike in it when psych responses were accepted as cause in the absence of observable organic triggers. They seem to go hand-in-hand. Entire patient populations have suffered accordingly.

Posts: 228 | From Unitied States | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

^This^ is everything we need to know about Lyme coverage in the mainstream media, folks:

“The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media.” — William Colby, former CIA Director

WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

quote:
Originally posted by Ann-Ohio:
Hey WakeUp,

I went to visit the Rockefeller estate Kykuit a while back, too and
though I was very careful, I got Lyme disease - for the second time!

It took me years to get better all over again.
Ann-OH

Wow-- Amazing-- Kykuit is CRAWLING with deer ticks... Maybe the spirochete research staff at Rockefeller University released ticks there! The Rockies don't have to worry about Lyme because they most assuredly have a cure sequestered somewhere at Rockefeller U.. LOL
WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

quote:
Originally posted by LisaK:
OK... so I posted this research on my FB page and my cousin responded with this:

"To be credible the researchers need to establish how common it is to find Lyme in normal (non-Alzheimer) brains. Maybe all brains contain Lyme spirochetes? Without this baseline I have to call BS on this one, or at the very least poor science. I would stop reading anything this guy publishes based on this irresponsible claim. Next time I'm at the "Harvard Brain Bank" I'm gonna test 6 brains and see what I can "conclude". Give me a break! Quack! quack, quack, quack!! Quaaaaaaaaack! quack, quack, quack.. Sorry, too much fun here wink emoticon"

HELP!

You can't respond to this type of ridiculous ad hominem attacks. Alan MacDonald is a well respected pathologist. Does your cousin have an MD in pathology?
Just forgive your cousin-- he or she has no idea what is going on with respect to Lyme disease.

Lyme is endemic in Massachusetts so it is not surprising that all 5 brains autopsied showed spirochetes inside the Alzheimers plaques.

Syphilis spirochetes also cause dementia.

WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

quote:
Originally posted by LisaK:

HELP!

Here's my response to your "ad hominem" cousin who has failed to do his research---it is Judith Miklossy's work on Neurospirochetosis---- corroborating Alan MacDonald:

Abstract
It is established that chronic spirochetal infection can cause slowly progressive dementia, brain atrophy and amyloid deposition in late neurosyphilis. Recently it has been suggested that various types of spirochetes, in an analogous way to Treponema pallidum, could cause dementia and may be involved in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer's disease (AD). Here, we review all data available in the literature on the detection of spirochetes in AD and critically analyze the association and causal relationship between spirochetes and AD following established criteria of Koch and Hill. The results show a statistically significant association between spirochetes and AD (P = 1.5 × 10-17, OR = 20, 95% CI = 8-60, N = 247). When neutral techniques recognizing all types of spirochetes were used, or the highly prevalent periodontal pathogen Treponemas were analyzed, spirochetes were observed in the brain in more than 90% of AD cases. Borrelia burgdorferi was detected in the brain in 25.3% of AD cases analyzed and was 13 times more frequent in AD compared to controls. Periodontal pathogen Treponemas (T. pectinovorum, T. amylovorum, T. lecithinolyticum, T. maltophilum, T. medium, T. socranskii) and Borrelia burgdorferi were detected using species specific PCR and antibodies. Importantly, co-infection with several spirochetes occurs in AD. The pathological and biological hallmarks of AD were reproduced in vitro by exposure of mammalian cells to spirochetes. The analysis of reviewed data following Koch's and Hill's postulates shows a probable causal relationship between neurospirochetosis and AD. Persisting inflammation and amyloid deposition initiated and sustained by chronic spirochetal infection form together with the various hypotheses suggested to play a role in the pathogenesis of AD a comprehensive entity. As suggested by Hill, once the probability of a causal relationship is established prompt action is needed. Support and attention should be given to this field of AD research. Spirochetal infection occurs years or decades before the manifestation of dementia. As adequate antibiotic and anti-inflammatory therapies are available, as in syphilis, one might prevent and eradicate dementia.

Keywords: Alzheimer's disease; bacteria; Borrelia burgdorferi; dementia; infection; Lyme disease; periodontal pathogen; spirochetes; Treponema; syphilis

WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

URGENT NEWSFLASH: WE NEED TO CROWDFUND MASSIVE RESEARCH ON SPIROCHETES AS A CLASS. THE MAINSTREAM MEDICAL ESTABLISHMENT IS LYING ABOUT SPIROCHETES AND ALZHEIMERS!!!

ARE WE JUST GOING TO SIT BACK AND DO NOTHING WHILE WE ALL EVENTUALLY GET ALZHEIMERS???????

Are we going to let these MAINSTREAM MEDICAL QUAAAAACKS get away with a coverup on this scientific evidence showing that NINETY PERCENT OF ALZHEIMERS BRAINS CONTAIN PLAQUES COMPOSED OF SPIROCHETES-- A LARGE PERCENTAGE OF WHICH ARE BORRELIA????

WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

A lot of money is being made off of Alzheimers.

Just ONE of my Dad's monthly medicines for Alzheimers --- (which does not cure, only treats)--- costs $800!!

What a crock of LYING S***T the medical establishment is!!

There is almost no current mainstream research on spirochaetecidal compounds--- which could cure Lyme diseasae and Alzheimers disease. What a national disgrace!

I hope this is not just all about the MONEY....

WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

Spirochetes were observed in the brain in more than 90% of AD cases
----Dr. Judith Miklossy

[bonk] [bonk] [bonk] [bonk] [bonk] [bonk] [bonk]

[Big Grin]
LOL

LisaK
Member # 41384

hey!! thanks a trillion!!!! wakeup!

this stuff gets me heated up tooooooooooo

my cousin thinks he knows everything and he *is* smart, but no dr.

--------------------

WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

Thanx Lisa--

I just need to let off steam [rant] and have a little fun [Big Grin] at the expense of the
[toilet]
[toilet]
[toilet] crock of s**t mainstream "junk science" medical establishment---LOL

Eight Legs Bad
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13680

Lisa K, no disrespect to you, but the best way to respond to your cousin is to tell him/her to stop being so arrogant and actually READ Dr MacDonald's work and VIEW his micrographs and videos.

Also please tell your cousin:

1) Dr MacDonald runs controls with all his experiments. His controls were NEGATIVE.

2) There has never been the slightest shred of evidence to suggest that normal brains contain Borrelia burgdorferi.

3) Dr MacDonald has repeatedly found the Borrelia in exactly the places that are the hallmark sites of dementia eg the hippocampus.

4. In his recent study, Dr MacDonald found the Borrelia localised to the amyloid plaques, the most famous hallmark of Alzheimer's. Up till now beta-amyloid has been considered the cause of the dementia, though no one seems to be able to prove that solid beta - amyloid in the plaque kills neurons

5. Dr MacDonald found that the brain tissue immediately surrounding the plaques was free not just of amyloid but also free of Borrelia

6. Dr MacDonald ran staining procedures first for amyloid, then for Borrelia DNA, using the identical plaque. He used a different colour stain for each. The results were two photos that looked EXACTLY the same except for the colour.

In other words, everywhere the amyloid is found the Borrelia biofilm is found. (Amyloid is what defines Alzheimer plaques, at least up till now.)

Likewise, everywhere the amyloid is not found (in the photo), Borrelia is not found.

In other words, it would be just as correct to call it a BORRELIA PLAQUE as an "amyloid plaque".

7. Dr MacDonald got the above result in 1000 out of 1000 consecutive plaques. (Some of his material online says 100 out of 100, but that is because it was published before he went on to examine another 900.

8. Please ask your cousin to view the information linked from the Facebook page of the Spirochaetal Alzheimers Association

www.facebook.com/spirodementia

especially the MULTIPLE paired photos of the same plaque stained first for amyloid, then for borrelia spirochaetes.

If your cousin suffers from any respiratory problems do not show the photos to your cousin, because they will TAKE HIS/HER BREATH AWAY.

9. Dr MacDonald found biofilm borrelia COATED with particulate amyloid in the blood of a victim of Alzheimer's.

Normal healthy people do not have biofilms of borrelia floating through their bloodstream (and potentially causing multi-organ damage and embolic events, not to mention severe widespread pain. (Maybe this is an unrecognised reason for some of the behavioural and psychological symptoms of Alzheimer's, where people cry, scream or fight for apparently no reason?)

In fact mainstream medicine does not believe that chronic Lyme patients can have Borrelia in their blood (they certainly can), much less that normal healthy controls have borrelia in the blood.

10. From the same facebook url, you can find a link to the validation document where Dr MacDonald's state-of-the-art Molecular Beacon DNA probes for Borrelia burgdorferi and Borrelia miyamotoi were validated by an independent scientist.

If your cousin tries to test brains using the type of insensitive approaches conducted by CDC/NIH and related scientists which "failed" to confirm Dr MacDonald's findings, then your cousin will fail.

In the same way, if I search for a plastic toothpick using a magnet, I will fail to find it.

12. Please tell your cousin that top researchers at the UK's main brain bank and Cambridge have now publicly expressed their support for and interest in Dr MacDonald's work. Does he/she consider them quacks too?

13 "Quack! quack, quack, quack!!" : Please advise your cousin not to base his/her knowledge on the camp led by a man who once insisted that Lyme was a swollen knee caused by a virus and best treated with aspirin.

As for Duncan's statement that "There have already been efforts by mainstream Lyme demonstrating not all Alzheimer's brains have evidence of spirochetes."

Every one of those papers was deeply flawed. I believe this information will be out in the public domain in the not-too-distant future.

Duncan wrote:

"Not everybody has been infected by Bb. There would be signs of that. If everybody HAS been infected, but we cannot detect it, brains would accordingly still appear Lyme-free."

Interesting remark from the man who thinks the C6 elisa is a sensitive test.

If healthy people's brains were full of Borrelia, then Dr MacDonald should have found it in the controls, considering that his probes detect in the pico range (one-in-a-trillion).

He didn't.

Moreover if u look at the photos, u realise that any false positive borrelia would have had to somehow arrange itself to exactly fill an Alzheimer plaque and leave all the surrounding tissue free of itself.

Elena

[ 11-03-2015, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: sixgoofykids ]

--------------------
Justice will be ours.

duncan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46242

Elena, who said anything about false positives??

And my point about efforts to demonstrate not all brains have spirochetes was just that. It was offered up in response to a member query about the possibility that ALL brains have some sort of Bb infection. It meant no impugnment on Dr. MacDonald's research.

Please stop with the needless rebuts.

[ 11-03-2015, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: sixgoofykids ]

duncan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46242

And yes: I like the C6 for the reasons stated over and over and over and over....

And I am C6 positive. And my values have actually RISEN.

And I'm not a EIS construct.

Go figure.

WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

Hi Duncan--

Diagnostic tests for Lyme are like electronic voting machines--- whoever is in control of the illegitimate and secretive process can and will "rig" the game for their own selfish financial or political purposes-- and patients end up conned and duped-- still very sick-- with their bank accounts drained by innacurate tests that distract us all from finding an actual cure.

There is just too much potential for fraud and junk science involved in these greed driven, patent based, cash sucking "tests" for my liking.

Personally, I believe that the whole testing debate is a red herring that distracts patients and researchers from organizing to find more effective ways of eradicating borrelia in all its morphologies.

Thousands of EFFECTIVE PLANT compounds could have been tested in-vitro over the past few years!!

Why are we still arguing about inaccurate, cash guzzling diagnostic tests THAT DISTRACT US FROM FINDING A CURE!!??

In short, the system is rigged and has been rigged for decades--the almost non-existant number of studies that test promising plant compounds against spirochetes is a case in point-- and a national disgrace now that we know that Alzheimers is Spirochaetal biofilm.

I have "tested" negative repeatedly-- after huge bullseye rashes---and I don't want to waste oodles of money on more inaccurate tests created by greedy liars--- all while I wait for my personal Borrelial Alzheimers to develop...LOL.

That would make me (and you) a stupid financial dupe!!.. ( and eventually we will also be morons--- when our Spirochaetal alzheimers sets in--- since we STUPIDLY wasted our ALL our efforts on arguing about and chasing rigged diagnostic tests--- and not on financing CURES.)

Correct me if I am wrong, but can your C6 detect the extent of spirochetes INSIDE red blood cells which live for 120 days? Live Blood Microscopy can see spiros inside blood cells--- Th C6 also cannot detect the extent to which a person's blood has lyme biofilm plaques- or the presence or absence of Lyme cysts (which the Brorsons have proved are viable for 18 months.)

In the above cases, fancy diagnostic blood tests are pretty worthless, while old fashioned Microscopy can be priceless. Microscopy was the gold standard for diagnosing Syphilis in the 1930s.

Spirochetes are free for all to see--- today--- in your blood--- for anyone with a microscope.

This is why the GREEDY bad guys are going batsh**t crazy trying to hush up Dr. Morten Laane's work:

http://www.biomedicalreports.org/index.php?journal=bbr&page=article&op=view&path%5B%5D=98

ABSTRACT:
"We have developed a simple method for the detection of live spirochaete stages in blood of patients where chronic borreliosis is suspected. Classic techniques involving phase-contrast and fluorescence microscopy are used. The method is also quite sensitive for detecting other bacteria, protists, fungi and other organisms present in blood samples. It is also useful for monitoring the effects of various antibiotics during treatment. We also present a simple hypothesis for explaining the confusion generated through the interpretation of possible stages of Borrelia seen in human blood. We hypothesize that these various stages in the blood stream are derived from secondarily infected tissues and biofilms in the body with low oxygen concentrations. Motile stages transform rapidly into cysts or sometimes penetrate other blood cells including red blood cells (RBCs). The latter are ideal hiding places for less motile stages that take advantage of the host’s RBCs blebbing-system. Less motile, morphologically different stages may be passively ejected in the blood plasma from the blebbing RBCs, more or less coated with the host’s membrane proteins which prevents detection by immunological methods."

----------------

These imperfect (and expensive$$) diagnostic tests are NOT going to CURE you!!

You will just spend a lot of money on testing yourself (to the GLEE of the patent holders who are cleaning out your bank account--LOL) all while you wait for your Alzheimers to start developing...LOL

You will be positive on the C6-- but you will also have Alzheimers. So what does that accomplish for you? Nothing.

But it is a convenient cash machine for Big Pharma--- rape your bank account with diagnostic tests--- as you and I progress to dementia-- where they can then rape us with $800 a month Alzheimers drugs that do not cure!!

LOL

What MIGHT save you, me and others is if we UNITE and fund the testing of thousands of antispirochete, antibiofilm and anti-cyst plant compounds against cultured spirochetes, biofilm and cysts...

Why not put our energy into crowdfunding a possible cure--- instead of the endless hamster wheel arguments involving of diagnostic tests that cost MONEY and don't CURE anyone?

I have waited for 25 years, but established medicine has done nothing but put us on a hamster wheel with fake diagnostic tests while they fund almost NO basic research on how to kill spirochetes, their biofilm, their cyst forms and their l forms!!! Why? Because there is no profit in curing people.

[ 10-30-2015, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: WakeUp ]

duncan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46242

Well, yes, I agree to most of what you have just written. [Smile]

I would add that we need - at the same time as what you are excellently proposing - a coordinated PR campaign that spans continents and TBD issues.

You are preaching to the choir when it comes to diagnostics. It is infuriating that NIH's studies are almost soley dedicated to diagnostics. Where are the treatment studies??

Your crowdfunding idea is beautiful.I support it.

I think we should also be working as we can from within the broken system to expose flaws and wrongdoings as well.

This requires active media engagement.

Also, we need to anticipate the need for validation. It will have to come.

Does that mean we don't try finding good researchers and funding them and uncovering a sustainable and universal cure? Of course not.

We need to recognise we must do both - work within and out side of this flawed Bb system we've inherited.

WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

Hi Duncan--

Thanks for your kind response.
[hi]
[kiss]
and I hope we never, ever get Spirochaetal Alzheimers-- our brains are far too valuable to be luxury spirochete condos....

[Big Grin]

duncan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46242

WakeUp, unfortunately I feel I have already put down my deposit on that Bb condo. [Smile]

You quoted Dr. Miklossy.

I communicated back and forth for a while with Judith Miklossy. I frankly think her work is nothing short of brilliant - plus she is one of the most compassionate individuals I've met related to Lyme.

I asked her about Bb and the brain and she volunteered so much. This was a couple of years ago. Maybe a year ago? Not sure I remember the timing right.

But she spoke to spirochetes in general, not just Bb. Like I said: Brilliant.

She also did not hesitate to admonish me to exercise. [Smile] It was the personal touch she offered me, without ever having met me, that I recall most with such fondness and admiration.

LisaK
Member # 41384

THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!!!!!!! to you al lthat have helped me to help my cousin see the truth!

I made an error, I forgot he is a dr. oops. a phd. but he is one of the most pigheaded people I know. but he DID actually add later that he hopes it is all true...

so now I am telling him all you all said and see . he will be busy looking into this I hope. but the fact he doesn't know who Dr M is makes me sad becaue he would know if he had actually watched Under Our Skin which I sent him years ago. tsk tsk.

thanks again you people. and this really helped me too. I am sure that I was on my way to alzheimers lyme . before dx I had mentioned that I thought I was getting alzheimers to 3 of my family practice drs and they all called it stress. no. it was not stress. and the abx and other treatments helped drastically withing months to get my brain back-ish.

since then I have had dna testing and I do have genetic variance for alzheimers, and so there you go. that is all I needed for ME to know that this link is real. and actually my common sense told me decades ago that alzheimers is more than somethign that just happens to some people.....

--------------------

WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

I know the rap--- pig headed, arrogant, know-it-all cousins with PhD's....Runs in my family, too.

We must put them in their place!!
Just tell them honestly [cussing]
and [loco]
and [shake]
and then kiss and make up [kiss]

WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

Duncan,

Its so nice that Dr. Miklossy was kind to you-- the Swiss can be very kind and gentle-- traits that seem to have been lost here in America.

She's right about exercise--- 'ketes don't like oxygen.

LisaK
Member # 41384

wakeup
[Smile]

--------------------

Eight Legs Bad
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13680

hello Duncan

Did I say you were an EIS man? I don't recall saying that.

Certainly, by constantly promoting the useless C6 elisa as if it were sensitive, you are not doing us any fvours. However you are entitled to your opinion.

Even if it's wrong.

And just because you were praising McSweegan in his "Thomas Eames" and "hv808ct" guises on LymeNet Europe, does not mean you are a spy or an EIS man yourself.

Many people have been taken in by McSweegan, who spends most of his ife infiltrating our forums and trying to destroy our campaigns.

And just because you gave us a name and details of the company of which you said you were president, and its website turned out to be 100% in Japanese, does not mean that you are a Denialist spy or an EIS man.

I asked you, on a different thread here, why a leading American-run telecoms company would have a website in Japanese without a single word of English. That was a perfectly rational, legitimate question.

You replied that it was not your company's website, and that it was probably just someone who had decided to translate your firm's website into Japanese.

That is a perfectly logical, rational answer.

Of course that does not explain why it is on your company's domain. But I am sure you have a perfectly rational, legitimate answer for that too.

I look forward to hearing it.

elena

[ 11-03-2015, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: sixgoofykids ]

--------------------
Justice will be ours.

duncan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46242

[P]lease leave my personal information alone.

I am a Lyme patient. Whether you are capable of appreciating that truth or not, that is all I am - a Lyme patient.

I volunteered who I am to a couple individuals in part to offset any concern because I post regularly on LNE. That does not give you justification to constantly flaunt what is private information.

I am a Lyme patient. Read my three-year history of posts anytime you want on LNE. I wear my opinions on my sleeve. I have always been a Lyme patient advocate.

Moreover, I do not need to prove it to you.

[ 11-03-2015, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: sixgoofykids ]

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Notice to the board - the mods are going to take a look at the situation here.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*** moderator note: I looked through this thread and removed anything that was at all sarcastic and/or insulting. Please keep discussion respectful. Do not personally attack other board members. ***

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duncan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46242

Eight Legs Bad, if you feel a need to unilaterally attack me, please at least do me the small courtesy of getting it right.

1) Do you SAY I am an EIS agent or something comparable? No, but you certainly appear to be trying to insinuate something. If it is not that you think I have some sort of covert agenda and dark purpose, please clarify what it is so we can dismiss it once and for all. This repeated innuendo does a disservice to anyone reading the forum.

2) I don't promote the C6 as if it were sensitive. Please read what I have written in the past.

3) I do not praise McSweegan. Period. I do not usually praise hv808ct. Quite the opposite. Read my posts and exchanges with him.

Please stop misrepresenting me and what I do and say and believe.

One of the main problems we as a Lyme community have with many from the IDSA gang are their wanton mischaracterizations of us as patients.

It is unfortunate when we take to doing this sort of thing to each other.

Eight Legs Bad
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13680

Duncan wrote:

"I don't promote the C6 as if it were sensitive. Please read what I have written in the past."

Duncan, I started a thread here on Lyme Net Medical called "C6 Elisa - misinformation". In it I wrote this:

Elena: "I challenge anyone to show me a peer-reviewed article not written by top Denialists outlining a scientifically sound basis for claiming that C6 Elisa is a good screening test."

You then joined my thread to stress, over and over and over again, your belief that the C6 is a good test.

Let me teach you something very very basic about blood tests, Duncan. A good blood test, ESPECIALLY one that is used for screening, NEEDS TO BE sensitive.

That's ABC.

If it's insensitive, and it's a screen, it will cause great harm.

(Which of course is exactly what has been happening for decades now, not just with the C6 , but all the Elisas the Denialists have forced upon us as screening tests.)

You cannot believe the test is insensitive, and at the same time argue that it is a "good" screening test for Lyme - that's a contradiction in terms.

But you have said "please read what I have written in the past." (ie re the C6 supposed sentivity)

Do you mean the recent past, or longer ago?

This is what you have written in the recent past, on the recent thread here on C6 Elisa misinformation:

"One of those virtues [ie of the C6] - the one key for me - is I believe it is sensitive to infections post treatment."

That seems to suggest you believe it is sensitive, does it not?

And this is what you have written further back in the past, on LNE:

"Great explanation, Tom. Thanks. And thank you for the links, too. So the C6 Peptide test is pretty good at identifying Lyme."

Does that remark not imply you believe the useless C6 is sensitive?

Duncan,you wrote:

"I do not praise McSweegan. Period. I do not usually praise hv808ct."

Duncan, please re-read your quote above. Just before your sentence about the C6 supposedly being "good at identifying Lyme" (tell that to the 91% of people tested in UK who were eliminated by a negative C6), you thanked a person called Tom, with the implication that he had given some excellent info on the C6.

Who was that "Tom"?

It was none other than "Tom Eames", aka "lhctom" aka Dr Ed McSweegan.

"Tom" was exposed right here on LymeNet by none other than Dr Alan MacDonald himself, well over a year ago, after he had successfully pretended to be a patient on Lyme forums for almost 2 years.

Subsequently he deleted most of his messages here (and on other Lyme forums too) in a panic. (Some have been cached and survive though.)

On that occasion your LNE friend and C6 mentor "Tom", aka McSweegan, was caught red-handed.

He was pretending to be a patient who "just happened" to have extensive scientific knowledge and was very "sorry" to have to inform us that CDC's libellous accuations were right, and that Dr MacDonald and Dr Sapi's culture test was invalid (a malicious lie).

The "hv808ct" persona was also revealed as McSweegan and booted off Lyme Net some years ago.

As for "hv808ct", you had a discussion with him on LNE in a thread entitled "MMWR: Concerns Regarding a New Culture Method for Borrelia" in April 2014.

(MMWR is CDC's in-house rag in which they published their libellous attempt to discredit Dr Macdonald and Dr Sapi's culture test)

In that discussion, you addressed hv808ct as if he were an expert who could enlighten readers about the culture test.

You tried to argue that Lyme patients had only two choices as to the truth -

a) that "the C6 peptide test works wonderfully" and offers proof that the IDSA guidelines are wrong about treatment efficacy

or

b) IDSA are right, and the C6 is flawed.

You appear not to have considered a third possibility:

c) BOTH the IDSA guidelines AND the C6 are a crock of manure.

The Denialists are at a very crucial juncture right now, where they are very very keen to impose the C6 as the universal screening test, probably not ONLY because it is useless and helps to artificially and fraudulently "contain" the skyrocketing incidence figures, but also because, unlike the whole-cell Elisas, it will never interfere with any Osp A-based vaccination programme.

Is one on the cards again, Duncan?

We know how dismally it failed lat time.

And we know that most ILADS experts believe it is impossible to make a Lyme vaccine that is both safe and effective.

Duncan, I repeat, I have not compromised any personal data of yours. I have not put out here the name you gave, nor the name of the company of which you said you were director.

That name and that company are certainly referenced several times on the internet, including at Linked In and in several commercial directories where businesses submit their details for advertising purposes.

But the website domain you published with your details on Linked In, and on all those other referenced sites, does not lead to a website in the English language related to telecoms as you said.

It leads to a website in Japanese.

Totally in Japanese, without a single word of English.

When I asked you before to explain this (on the other thread), you said:

"It is possible you've stumbled upon an old Japanese "interpretation/translation" of my old company website. It is neither my website, nor my old company's, if in fact that is what you have found. I still do not speak Japanese, nor did anyone in my old company."

So what is it doing on your company's domain?

I have not, and am not, mentioning the name of your domain here. But it is the domain according to the details you yourself gave to people in the Lyme movement, including what you have said is your Linked In profile.

I could understand that your company produced a translation in order to attract Japanese business.

But why get rid of its English language text altogether?

And in any case, you say that neither you nor your company have anything to do with Japan.

So what gives?

Elena

--------------------
Justice will be ours.

duncan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46242

If you've taken the time to read so many of my posts on LNE, then you should know I am a patient.

Does anyone really care about this little personal crusade you've embarked upon?

Ok, what is the reason I like the C6? PLEASE read what I have written. I like the C6 because I think that it helps demonstrate active infection post treatment. The key for me has always been the POST TREATMENT readings, Elena. Not its acute. Not late stage without treatment. Post treatment.

I usually "promote" it in that context, and in the context that I think its purveyors are uncomfortable with. I have TOLD you this. I have sought explanations, and I still seek adequate explanations on how values can stay elevated - or even rise - when the test is marketed with the benefit that values will trend downward after treatment.

Why would this be? Because I have been treated for Lyme multiple times, I am still C6 positive, and for a sustained period my C6 values rose, post treatment. You see? It's personal.

I am also antibody positive for bartonella and babesia and cpn and a boatload of other stuff.

Now, I'm not convinced you've proven all your biases against the C6. I also think there are a lot of people testing positive with the C6. Why? Not because of IDSA studies, but because of what clinicians are telling em. But I won't push you for more evidence because my focus is very specific.

I have said this before. BTW, the denialists don't agree with my theory. I believe they don't want me to be correct. So please do the math.

hv808ct and I have debated back and forth for years. Scores of debates, often contentious. Not that I think he really gives me much thought; I doubt I register on his radar except as an occasional annoyance.

Again, it's out there. I would politely request that you do your homework before you slam someone with innuendo, please. And if you feel a need to cherry pick - try to resist the temptation? I think if you are going to air your suspicions about me, it only fair that you do so with a balanced approach.

As for LHCTom, I have no reason to believe you are right about him. In fact, I have reason to think you are wrong. You have gotten it wrong about me - why on Earth would I think you haven't repeated this error at someone else's expense?

As for my old business - I haven't a clue why there is a translated version. I don't care. Moreover, YOU shouldn't care.

I suspect most forum members don't care. If they do, they are welcome to pm me. I just don't think this has anything to do with Lyme or any TBD.

So I will no longer indulge this irrelevance publicly with you. Should anyone really care, they can pm me. All I will be able to do, though, is speculate.

[ 11-06-2015, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: duncan ]

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement