LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » why do I test positive for nothing???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: why do I test positive for nothing???
Jordana
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got some new labs back today. I asked the LLMD to check for *Southern* coinfections: Q Fever, Tularemia, etc.

Nothing.

I am still making antibodies to EBV, CMV and HHV6 although that last titer has come down. CD57 is about the same at 25.

Here is what I don't understand. I KNOW I have some kind of rickettsia and I can't find it. Given my symptoms I thought I would for sure be making antibodies to tularemia.

Nothing.

The way I found out I had Ehrlichia was through a urine pcr test. I AM making antibodies to things, like a massive response to coxsackie virus and so on.

Why the heck would I not make antibodies to these infections I have? Why can none of these tests find anything?

Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Coxsackie virus is nothing to sneeze at (hee-hee) that presence can make one feel awful and it can be chronic / stealth in nature.

You say that you are "still making antibodies to EBV, CMV and HHV6 . . . titers have come down"

Even if titers are down, that does not mean your body is going to feel great. I think the body still has to work just as hard regardless of the titer numbers.

As for others suspected, very often when the body is overwhelmed it just can't make the proper antibodies.

Sometimes, one infection has to be dealt - and progress must be made (which can take a long time) with before the body can even acknowledge another that is stealth in nature.

In such cases, often a different tick borne infection will show on tests after lyme has been tackled to a good degree.

They don't call these "stealth" infections for nothing. Evading detection is their forte.

And, these tests are not all the great, anyway. These infections can have various strains, morph, etc.

I don't put a lot of importance to the CD-57, though. I think symptoms matter much more.

Assuming you did not test again for lyme since there is no reason to do that. And, lyme is not going to go away all that soon. You know you have lyme, so even if it were just that, certainly can explain ongoing symptoms.

Keep addressing what you know you have, cover the bases for what an experienced LL doctor suspects based on all he's seen over time -- and what else might make sense to be on guard against . . .

and just keep doing what you know to be important. The good part is that much of the treatment do cover many bases. Remember that even the best protocols can take several years before a person might even feel somewhat better.

No one - ever - has all the detail we would like about, well, anything. So, with what we know, what seems likely, we call just cover the bases in all matters.

The best we can do is the best we can do and just keep strollin' along as best we can with some kind of happy tune. In time, at certain points around the corner, some things may appear more clearly. Other things might just fade out of awareness.
-

[ 09-22-2016, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
See TAMARA's post here. She has fabulous detail about various chronic stealth infections and how to determine some of the more elusive bits.

Then, the one below for test updates.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=015508;p=0

Diagnosing Lyme Disease (&/or whatever else is going on)

SEE the WESTERN BLOT EXPLANATION links here regarding lyme.

Other tick-borne infections and other chronic stealth infections discussed, too [such as: mycoplasma pneumonia, chlamydia pneumonia, EBV, HHV-6 and other herpes viruses and enterovirus, etc.]

http://www.betterhealthguy.com/lyme/testing

Testing Detail Overview for Tick-Borne Infections

Updated by Scott F: 06 May 2016
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Also consider that whatever treatment you are doing, supplements taking, etc. might have skewed the test results.

And lab ability? The nature / parameters of the test methods used?

Although lyme was not being tested, some of the same things that can mess up a lyme test might also mess up tests for other stealth infections. You might just want to look at the "checklist" and see if the lab used for the recent ones covered all the details for the particular infections being checked.

http://www.anapsid.org/lyme/lymeseroneg.html

Reasons for False Negative (Seronegative) Test Results in Lyme Disease

Still, I revert back to the "work on what you know is going on and cover the bases" approach. Just do the best you can and maybe lay off other testing for another six months or a year.
-

Jordana
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been my obsession for two years now. I just had/have this feeling there is more going on than Lyme.

There always is, but it felt like a LOT more.

It's like our whole diagnostic medicine system is a huge facade. In a year I figured out this was STARI and had to pay probably five thousand dollars before any test found anything.

I was thinking about trying oxymatrine for coxsackie. Though who knows if I have it anymore...

Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bartonella disables the immune sx . Thats kinda low cd57...maybe rife for everything? Ever consider proto? how do you do on tini/alinia ivermectin?

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Member # 45305

Tinidazole gave me a wild neuropthic herx and then stopped really helping.

CD57 is supposed to go down while you're treating or so I've been told and plan to believe. I probably won't ask for it for another year.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement