LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Kimchi as killer of candida and other infections (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Kimchi as killer of candida and other infections
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No food in the planet has this amount of raw garlic as kimchi.

It is, furthermore, fermented.

When garlic is blended, with onions and ginger (all raw), it will produce alicin, a potent antimicrobial.

Dr. K's main antimicrobial remedy is Freeze Garlic pills, made of blended garlic. It is extremely potent. I dealt with many lyme-related infections only with freeze garlic.

Garlic is one of the only natural multi-killers: it attacks viruses, bacteria and candida. It comes side by side with propolis.

The high content of sulphur (from Allium family plants) makes the kimchi sauce also good for cleaning the body (through the liver).

Cabbage produces one of the best beneficial yeast for the gut. Cabbage is the main ingredient of kimchi.

I consume some fermented foods, daily, for quite some time (fresh olives, kefir, miso, fresh goat cheese, older hard cheese, sheep or goat yoghurt...), then take probiotics on and off (different strains, all expensive brands...).

Nothing I took until today compare to home-made kimchi. Nothing.

--------------------------------------------
Kimchi is:

... a heat bomb (makes your body heat),

.... a super probiotic (as it has fermented carrots, spring onions, radish, onions, leek, cabbage, ginger, fish sauce...)

... a super killer (it feels very CLOSE to the freeze dried garlic capsules of Dr. K, which are THE most potent garlic supplement I know)...

... an anti-parasitic remedy, I suspect, due to high amount of chili pepper, ginger and garlic...

... a good binder (with high contents of sulphur, as most of the ingredients in kimchi are rich in sulphur).

... a biofilm breaker, I suspect, as my whole body is getting wet from inside out (throat, vagina, nose),

... a lymph-moving 'remedy', as for some reason, my body went into a process where the skin gets shrunken, then hours after, back to normal inflammation state (bit swollen near skin candida inflammation), then again shrunken (a bit like a pump)

----------------------------------------
I'm thinking to add some bear garlic whole plant inside in the next batch, to help with cleansing properties and metal-binding.

I got intense herx in the first day, lesser herx on the second, third day, my candida is almost gone, as well as inflammation.

the pain is 100% gone (skin inflammation).

I had to take chlorella as binder to help move candida toxins off.

I used to buy kimchi in the Asian shops, but never got THIS effect as home-made kimchi.

I bought everything organic. Only the anchovy sauce is not organic, but pretty natural (made in Vietnam).

I think this is the main discovery of 2016, for me.

The taste is delicious!

Nothing compared to the tasteless dr. Mercola fermented veggies (just in salty water). I can't tolerate that taste any longer (same boring taste).

Besides, only fermenting veggies does not give the effect kimchi gives. Not the slight comparison.

I think the addition of Allium veggies (all veggies that onion / garlic belong) in that huge AMOUNT makes THE difference.

It tastes very good, if you like garlic. It's even addictive!

I ate it 3 times today, even for breakfast!! [Big Grin]

I must stink, but I don't care. I feel so energetic.

**edited name of LLMD**

[ 11-11-2016, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sX_wDCbeuU

I did this version, without the raw squid!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi <<<<< Brussels >>>>>,

Thank you for the you tube link, that was interesting!!

jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brussels, I have come down with SIBO since last March (likely from stress, it was a rough few months). Garlic is a no-no (because of FODMAPS) and so are ferments. But I'm wondering what your thoughts are since SIBO is a small intestine infection of bacteria that would be good if it were in the colon.

I'm taking oregano oil and colloidal silver for the infection (under the care of a functional medicine doctor).

She wants me to add ferments. My intuition is telling me it's too soon. But my stool testing showed a poor variety of good bacteria in my colon.

I'd photon if there were any way of getting a sample of the bacteria!

What do you think about kimchi with this condition?

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

I'm still herxing, after almost a week on kimchi.

Day 5, I crashed a bit with fatigue (that sort of energy bomb for continuous 5 days, plus herxes made me tired, finally).

I sort of did not recognize myself in such a full energetic state. I started menopause, but I feel I'm coming back to my teens (if you see what I mean...).

How can it be possible, if I produce less female hormones? I wonder what else such fermented garlic does...

Today I feel better, but if I concentrate on what's going on my body, I have no doubt of the killing properties of kimchi.

Many BIG joints are in pain, a bit like a small herx (or heavy metal detox reaction), a deep pounding pain (but not strong as with heavy metal chelation).

My right shoulder joint (that has been cracking in the last year, with light arthritic like pains sometimes),

- my right elbow joint (that never got any symptoms before kimchi),

- a couple of toe and finger joints (that got infected during lyme, after lyme, on and off, not really bad in the last years, but once very badly infected during active lyme, about 10 years ago),

- and a right spot near the uterus (muscle tested as right ovary): this is the only spot I feel more acute pounding pain, it comes and goes, like a needle (I had some liquid secretions in the first days after kimchi, which made me wonder, as all secretions stopped since menopause started...)

this pounding pain shows something is happening. I had polycistic ovaries, fibroids in the uterus, so it could be some of these stuff dissolving? No idea...

- some big bones feel like being stung too (this is similar to what happens with some types of chelators).

I don't know if normal human beings know what I'm talking about, but it had happened quite a few times for me: middle of bones stinging pain (big bones, usually), after some type of chelator.

Now, it's the first time that I notice that, in the last years...

- My spine and hips now stopped being bothered, after the violet ray on them. The bones from the neck and the nerves were painful for all these days. Now, no longer...

tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tulips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may be a really big Herx but I think you should drink a lot of water to flush your system clear.
Posts: 653 | From Northern Virginia | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

I'm taking chlorella, 2x day, thanks.

The funny thing is that it looks so much like lyme (but it is candida). Joints with NO pain (before kimuchi) had in fact low grade infection! The herxes are there to show.

Today, first time, I started feeling pain in one tooth.

-------------------

Six, sorry to know about SIBO. I think almost everybody has that problem (specially with lyme, chronic infections).

I have no idea if you can take garlic, sulphur, fermented foods...

I guess, you got to try and see? I love garlic and onions, and all allium veggies.

But I do not eat them, normally, RAW in great amounts. I eat them cooked in great amounts, but it is VERY different from kimchi.

I tried also some ferment in water, but I dislike the taste. It didn't feel like doing anything either, a bit like yoghurts, kefir, etc. They must be useful, but I feel next to nothing with these foods.

Even miso soup, fresh olives, sauerkraut... They taste good, but I don't see any health benefits immediately as I'm noticing with kimchi.

-----------------------------------
I ate it again just now, , already got that lymph drainage effect, then loaded with water /tea, and things got better (skin got hydrated again).

My spine behind the neck is in pain, but bearable...

Which means, there was some sort of low grade infection there, that I even didn't know!

---------------------------------
The skin candida is still here, but almost painless. Redness is changing to darker tones, and the crazy thing that is happening is that my heel skin is thinning.

I remember dr. K. saying that thick heel skin means candida. Even symptomless, no itching, nothing. I have that thick skin for decades.

And now it is thinning out, it's getting almost like my hands, and I can SEE darker spots of redness, as though there WAS infection there but I didn't know!!

It's amazing how many spots of low grade infection we have, that are symptomless. Give the right remedy / killer / treatment, and when it dies, you see how there was problem there too.

Like chelators: take a good chelator, and it feels like the whole body gets in pain!

All these joint pounding pains I'm having show me some sort of low grade arthritis, that are hit by the kimchi!

In my case, almost certainly candida-arthritis.

What I feel is like my joints are being oiled, getting much more movement-free (after the stronger pain is gone).

I didn't know I had arthritis all over my body, big and small joints, and even in the spine!

Minutes after taking 2 table spoons of kimchi, my throat gets wet again, I feel sinuses leaking inside my throat, as though everything liquefied.

That is why I think either the chili pepper or the garlic or the fermentation enzymes are simply dissolving biofilms.

I sleep MUCH deeper too. I even slept today in the electrosmog bedroom, and felt nothing.

I usually wake up more often in that bedroom, but last night, I slept like a baby despite taking coffee and alcohol, eating fondue cheese and some bread (wheat), that I've been avoiding.

I'm making zero diet for the candida, eating fruits as usual, some honey, even some jellies I made at home...

I will continue the kimchi experience, through winter.

I wonder if this miracle food will keep on providing me with all these benefits, or if it will be short-lived...

Brussels
Member # 13480

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQhVwW4NlXk

Shorter video, almost the same recipe.

I do not add shrimps nor fish food (only fish sauce).

I did the porridge with corn starch (no need for glutinous rice starch), it works in the same way (two table spoons).

anuta
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anuta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Brussels, I love kimchi and sourkraut and all kind of fermented vegetables!!! Traditionally, We eat lots of fermented food in Russia, there is kombucha and home maid kefir almost in every house.
but I never had this kind of effect on home made sourkraut. Kimchi though I never did myself.
I want to try to do it. I will go to Korean store to by the pepper paste. Thanks for sharing the recepy.

Posts: 443 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

http://www.foodnavigator-asia.com/Nutrition/Cabbage-cure-for-bird-flu

Scientists at Seoul Nat University say that they fed an extract of kimchi to 13 infected chickens (bird flu) in 2003 discovering signs of clear recovery in 11 of them just a week later.

----------------------------------------
https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/other/health-benefits-of-kimchi.html

Nutrition-wise kimchi is low in calories and sugar but contain high amounts of fiber, vitamins A and C, and minerals such as calcium and iron.

It also has high levels of beta carotene and after undergoing three weeks of fermentation the levels of B1, B2, and B12 double.

In addition to all this groovy nutrition kimchi can help to reduce indigestion and gas by ridding the body of excess bad bacteria, and also help you feel fuller because the good bacteria in the gut stabilizes blood sugar levels and keeps from intense hunger pangs and cravings.

------------------------------
Atopic dermatitis: The presence of lactobacillus bacteria in kimchi makes it a multi-talented condiment.

It extends its therapeutic effects on various skin ailments such as atopic dermatitis which is characterized by increased levels of immunoglobulin E and skin lesion such as edema and hemorrhage.

A study conducted in this regard has shown that healthy bacteria present in fermented kimchi exerts suppressive effects on the mite-induced dermatitis and helps in reducing the inflammation.

Immune system:

The multi-nutrient packed kimchi is rich in a range of flavonoids and phenolic components.

The variety of ingredients including ginger, garlic, peppers involved in the preparations of kimchi are super protectors which are renowned for their beneficial effect on the immune system.

They help in fighting infections and are valuable in curing cold and flu symptoms.

Brussels
Member # 13480

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/article/compound-kimchi-fermented-cabbage-superior-simvastatin-inhibiting-atherosclerosis-rabbits

Paper

A compound in Kimchi is superior to simvastatin in inhibitin artheriosclerosis in rabbits

-----------------------------

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/article/kimchi-contains-probiotic-lactobacillus-sakei-which-alleviates-allergen-induced-skin

Kimchi contains a probiotic, Lactobacillus sakei, which alleviates allergen-induced skin inflammation in mice.

L. sakei probio-65 was isolated from kimchi, a traditional Korean fermented food.

This strain was resistant to gastric acidity, bile, and several antibiotics and possessed antimicrobial activity against several pathogenic microorganisms.

To investigate whether the probiotic activity of L. sakei probio 65 was effective for treating allergic dermatitis, the organism was supplied to mice triggered by allergen (1-chloro-2,4-dinitrobenzene).

Mice that received L. sakei probio 65 showed a more rapid recovery compared to control mice, as assessed by visual evaluation of the severity of allergic dermatitis and levels of immunoglobulin (Ig) E and interleukin (IL)-4.

L. sakei probio 65 exhibited good probiotic properties in vitro and in mice and was effective in reducing allergen-induced skin inflammation through the regulation of both elevated IgE and IL-4 in sensitized mice.

Brussels
Member # 13480

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/article/combination-chitosan-and-kimchi-exhibits-antiproliferative-activity-human-colon-cancer-cells

Chitosan and Kimchi exhibits antiproliferative activity in human colon cancer cells

Abstract

The anticancer effects of chitosan-added kimchi were investigated by using an in vitro cellular system with HT-29 human colon carcinoma cells.

Two different kinds of chitosan-soluble chitosan with a 90% degree of deacetylation and 3 cps viscosity and nonsoluble chitosan with a 95% degree of deacetylation and 22 cps viscosity-were used as subingredients to increase anticancer effects of kimchi.

The soluble chitosan-added kimchi (SK) and nonsoluble chitosan-added kimchi (NK) were stronger growth inhibitors in HT-29 cells than the control kimchi (CK) according to the 3-(4,5-dimethylthiazol-2-yl)-2,5-diphenyltetrazolium bromide assay and the growth inhibition test.

Treatment with SK and NK induced apoptosis, as determined by 4,6-diamidino-2-phenylindole staining, and resulted in the up-regulation of Bax expression and down-regulation of Bcl-2, cIAP-1, cellular inhibitor of apoptosis-2, cyclooxygenase-2, inhibitory nitric oxide synthase, and nuclear factor kappaB (NF-kappaB) expressions when compared to CK.

The antiproliferative and anti-apoptotic effects appeared to be more pronounced in the cells treated with NK.

The antiproliferative effects of the chitosan-added kimchi appeared to be associated with the induction of apoptosis through NF-kappaB or an NF-kappaB-dependent pathway.

These results suggest that chitosan has potential to be a valuable active ingredient in functional kimchi products with anticancer effects.

Brussels
Member # 13480

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/article/probiotic-bacteria-found-within-kimchi-known-lactococcus-lactis-produces-nisin-bacteriocin

Lactococcus lactis produces a nisin-like bacteriocin with significant antimicrobial activity

This bacteriocin was inactivated by pronase E and alpha, beta-chymotrypsin, but not by trypsin, pepsin, and alpha-amylase.

Cultures of L. lactis subsp. lactis A164 maintained at a constant pH of 6.0 exhibited maximum production of the bacteriocin.

It was purified to homogeneity by ammonium sulphate precipitation, sequential ion exchange chromatography, and ultrafiltration.

Tricine-SDS-PAGE of purified bacteriocin gave the same molecular weight of 3.5 kDa as that of nisin.

The gene encoding this bacteriocin was amplified by PCR with nisin gene-specific primers and sequenced.

It showed identical sequences to the nisin gene.

These results indicate that bacteriocin produced by Lactococcus lactis A164 is a nisin-like bacteriocin.

Brussels
Member # 13480

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/article/hdmppa-may-exert-anti-inflammatory-responses-suppressing-lps-induced

Anti-Inflammatory Effects of 3-(4'-Hydroxyl-3',5'-Dimethoxyphenyl)Propionic Acid, an Active Component of Korean Cabbage Kimchi, in Lipopolysaccharide-Stimulated BV2 Microglia.

The findings in this study suggest that HDMPPA may exert anti-inflammatory responses by suppressing LPS-induced expression of proinflammatory mediators and cytokines through blockage of NF-κB, MAPKs, and PI3K/Akt signaling pathways and oxidative stress in microglia.

Brussels
Member # 13480

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/article/kimchi-contains-probiotic-lactobacillus-plantarum-antifungal-activity

Kimchi contains the probiotic Lactobacillus plantarum with antifungal activity

The aim of this study was to purify and to identify an antifungal compound of Lactobacillus plantarum AF1, which was isolated from kimchi, and to determine if Lb. plantarum AF1 can prevent fungal growth in a particular food model system. The antifungal compound was purified using SPE and recycling prep-HPLC and its structure was elucidated using NMR and ESI-MS. The active compound from Lb. plantarum AF1 is C(12)H(22)N(2)O(2), 3,6-bis(2-methylpropyl)-2,5-piperazinedion has a molecular mass of 226. This is a new antifungal compound produced by lactic acid bacteria (LAB).

To investigate the potential application of the antifungal compound to eliminate fungal spoilage in food and feed, soybean was used as a model.

White mycelia and dark green spores of Aspergillus flavus ATCC 22546 were observed in the control soybeans after 1 to 2days incubation.

However, fungal growth was not observed in the soybeans treated with a 4-fold concentrated supernatant of Lb. plantarum AF1 culture, even after 2days.

The end products produced from kimchi LAB, like 3,6-bis(2-methylpropyl)-2,5-piperazinedion identified in this study, may be a promising alternative to chemical preservatives as a potential biopreservative which prevent fungal spoilage and mycotoxin formation in food and feed.

Brussels
Member # 13480

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/article/kimchi-inhibits-growth-bacillus-cereus-listeria-monocytogenes-and-staphylococcus-aureus

Growth inhibitory effects of kimchi (Korean traditional fermented vegetable product) against Bacillus cereus, Listeria monocytogenes, and Staphylococcus aureus.

The relationship between the concentration of LAB or the pH and the growth of three gram-positive foodborne pathogens (Bacillus cereus, Listeria monocytogenes, and Staphylococcus aureus) was evaluated.

Heat treatment (HT; 85 degrees C for 15 min) or neutralization treatment (NT; pH 7.0) was conducted on day 0 (0-D group) and day 3 (3-D group) of incubation.

The pH in the control group and the NT group dropped sharply to 4.12 to 4.30 after 2 days of incubation and slightly decreased thereafter, whereas the pH in the control group and HT group stayed at 7.0 during incubation.

LAB were not detected in the HT kimchi during incubation. B. cereus in the NT-0-D, NT-3-D, and HT-3-D groups was reduced by 1.5 to 3.1 log CFU/ml but increased slightly in the HT-0-D group. L. monocytogenes in HT-3-D and NT-3-D groups disappeared after 5 days of incubation, and S. aureus in the NT-0-D group disappeared after 4 days.

These findings indicate that growth of all the foodborne pathogens was inhibited by NT-0-D, HT-3-D, and NT-3-D, but B. cereus was not inhibited by HT-0-D.

Thus, growth of LAB in kimchi is an important factor in the control of foodborne pathogens.

Brussels
Member # 13480

In vitro inhibition of Helicobacter pylori growth and of adherence of cagA-positive strains to gastric epithelial cells by Lactobacillus paraplantarum KNUC25 isolated from kimchi.

The results show KNUC25 CFS is effective in inhibiting the growth of H. pylori, which is related to pH and the adherence of cagA-positive H. pylori to gastric cells.

Kimuchi has anticancer activity

Kimchi and an active component, beta-sitosterol, reduce oncogenic H-Ras(v12)-induced DNA synthesis.

This study provides additional evidence that kimchi and its active components, including beta-sitosterol, have potential in both the prevention and treatment of cancer, and presents convincing evidence that the anticancer effects may be a result of an inhibition of Ras oncogene signaling.

Brussels
Member # 13480

https://draxe.com/kimchi/

Some basic facts about Kimchi.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Cool study on microbes present in Kimchi:

http://aem.asm.org/content/77/7/2264.full

Metagenomics makes it possible to study microbial communities by deciphering genetic information from DNA extracted directly from naturally occurring habitats.

Here, we applied pyrosequencing technology to analyze the microbiome of kimchi, the most popular fermented food in Korea.

In addition, we analyzed the metabolites of fermenting kimchi using 1H-NMR to investigate the link between the kimchi microbial community metagenome and the phenotype.

------------------------
Figure 3 shows that the kimchi fermentation was governed by the distinct population dynamics of three genera, Leuconostoc, Lactobacillus, and Weissella.

Among them, the genus Leuconostoc was most abundant during the kimchi fermentation, followed by Lactobacillus and Weissella.

Most contigs were shown at the species level (>97% sequence identity) to be clearly derived from the predominant LAB, Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. mesenteroides ATCC8293 and Lactobacillus sakei subsp. sakei 23K.

----------------

Conclusions.

Changes in the overall genetic features and metabolic potential of the kimchi-fermenting microbial community were investigated by examining a large pyrosequencing-derived data set, in conjunction with metabolite analysis.

The metagenome and metabolites revealed that the kimchi microbiome had high metabolic potential with respect to heterotrophic lactic acid fermentations.

Based on the abundances of 16S rRNA genes and the representation of whole-genome sequences in the metagenome, we conclude that active microbial populations in kimchi fermentation were dominated by members of three genera, Leuconostoc, Lactobacillus, and Weissella, which is consistent with many previous results (5, 23, 27).

Besides microbial genome sequences, a surprisingly high abundance of phage DNA sequences were identified, indicating that bacteriophages influence the kimchi microbial community and may be a key determinant of kimchi microbial community dynamics.

Metagenomic analysis of the kimchi samples over time made it possible to monitor not only microbial community composition but also overall features and the metabolic potential during fermentation.

-------------------
Microbes involved in kimchi fermentation have been studied previously (25, 26).

Taxonomic studies of bacteria isolated and purified from kimchi fermenting cultures have shown that lactic acid bacteria (LAB), including the Leuconostoc species Le. mesenteroides, Le. kimchii, Le. citreum, Le. gasicomitatum, and Le. gelidum, the Lactobacillus species Lb. brevis, Lb. curvatus, Lb. plantarum, and Lb. sakei, Lactococcus lactis, Pediococcus pentosaceus, Weissella confusa, Weissella kimchii, and Weissella koreensis, are likely to be key players responsible for kimchi fermentation.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Kimchi juice for chronic sinusitis?

https://chriskresser.com/chronic-sinus-problems-another-role-for-probiotics/

CRS = chronic sinusitis

The conventional viewpoint is that CRS is caused by the presence of certain harmful species of bacteria, such as Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, and Moraxella catarrhalis. (1)

In other cases, CRS may result from an immunologic reaction to fungi that colonize the sinuses. (2)

Fungal species associated with this syndrome include Bipolaris specifera and Aspergillus, Curvularia, and Fusarium.

------------

The microbiome: it’s not just about the gut!

Yet while it’s true that the majority of microbes that comprise our microbiome live in the gut, it’s also true that we have microbes in other areas of our bodies that play similarly important roles in maintaining health and preventing disease.

These areas include the skin, vagina, penis, mouth, respiratory tract, and—you guessed it—the sinus cavity.

Prior to the development of DNA/PCR technology, our ability to determine the composition of microorganisms in these various areas was extremely limited.

But thanks to recent advances in technology, we now have a much better idea of what “normal” and “abnormal” microbiomes look like—not only in the gut, but also on the skin and the penis and in the mouth, respiratory tract, and sinuses.

Clostridium difficile is a virulent infection that still kills almost 30,000 people in the U.S. each year.

We’ve thrown every antibiotic we have at it, but they are often ineffective in the most severe cases.

Yet fecal microbiota transplants—which are essentially massive infusions of human probiotics—are over 90 percent effective, even in cases where patients have failed MULTIPLE COURSES OF ANTIBIOTICS. (4)

------------------------------------------
One review in the Journal of Allergy found that “an emerging number of publications demonstrate beneficial effects using probiotics in clinical double-blind placebo-controlled trials in allergic rhinitis (AR).”

First, probiotics have been shown to DISRUPT BIOFILMS, which are present in CRS and difficult to eradicate through other means. (6)

Second, both human and animal studies have shown that oral probiotics reduce colonization of the nose and upper respiratory tract by pathogenic bacteria (e.g., Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus pneumoniae, and β-hemolytic streptococci). (7, 8)

Third, upper respiratory tract infections often precede the development of CRS (chronic sinusitis), and probiotics have been shown to be effective in preventing them. (9)

Dr. Lynch found that most patients with CRS are lacking in a particular species of bacteria called Lactobacillus sakei.

This bacteria is a natural, protective species in our nose, but (as the name implies) it is also used to make certain fermented beverages and foods like sake and kimchi.

One might suspect that Dr. Lynch and her peers are developing a nasal spray that contains Lactobacillus sakei to be used in the treatment of CRS.

Of course such a treatment will have to be developed and tested for safety and effectiveness in human clinical trials.

Finally, although this is certainly not peer-reviewed evidence, I can tell you anecdotally from my work with patients that many CRS sufferers do seem to improve with strategies aimed at restoring the microbiome—such as eating more fermentable fiber and fermented foods, and/or taking prebiotics and probiotics.

A blog called Lacto Bacto, which is written by CRS sufferer Mara Silgailis, describes a DIY approach that appears to have helped many people with CRS.

It involves putting small amounts of kimchi juice directly into the nostrils.

According to Mara, she has essentially cured herself and her family of their long-term CRS, and they have been antibiotic-free for more than two years.

Of course I can’t recommend or endorse these procedures, because they haven’t been tested for safety or efficacy.

It would seem that the risk is relatively low, but it’s at least possible that some of the other microbes in kimchi or other oral probiotics may not be beneficial for the sinus microbiome.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Shop bought kimuchi didn't make me much.

Sauerkraut and dr. Mercola-like veggies in salty water do not make much either (for me).

Yoghurt, kefir, miso, fresh olives, white goat and sheep cheese, ingested probiotics in capsules neither.

they help only minimally.

The only similar effect I got to kimchi is Freeze garlic pills (that is the closest to what I am going through now...).

Freeze garlic is very potent as antimicrobial.

I think the antimicrobial mix of raw garlic, raw onion, raw ginger, plus dried chili pepper, plus the fermented bacteria that have also antimicrobial properties are making a sort of killer-bomb effect on candida / fungal / bacterial, possibly parasites...

It is reaching all my joints, big and small, my skin, my sinuses, throat, ovaries, maybe vagina / uterus, I don't know exactly.

I'm dealing with herxes, but not that awful as during lyme (only taking chlorella 1x or 2x is fine).

What I am enjoying is a feeling of relaxation that comes. I think it has to do with lowering of pathogens, but also with cleaning through high content of sulphur (in Allium plants).

I'll sleep again in the electrosmog bedroom, just to check if I sleep deep.

High energy was back since yesterday (no more crashes)!

Good luck for those who try the recipe. Beware the smell (DO not put kimchi in your refrigerator: it will stink garlic!!)

I keep the kimchi pots in the garage, inside a newly bought garbage bin (sealed!)

I'll add broccoli in the next batch.

anuta
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anuta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Brussels, I love kimchi and sourkraut and all kind of fermented vegetables!!! Traditionally, We eat lots of fermented food in Russia, there is kombucha and home maid kefir almost in every house.
but I never had this kind of effect on home made sourkraut. Kimchi though I never did myself.
I want to try to do it. I will go to Korean store to by the pepper paste. Thanks for sharing the recepy.

Posts: 443 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might be right about most people's gut being a mess, but this came on suddenly back in March, so even if it's there chronically, it's definitely more acute right now.

Thanks for your opinion on it. Right now I'm eating low FODMAPs and it's helping tons with bloating. Garlic and onion are not allowed.

I bet it's something about the fermented garlic and onions that's helping you if you don't get the same effect from homemade sauerkraut.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

I know some people can't tolerate sulphur and Allium plants... I love them, but I usually took them cooked or when raw, in small amounts.

The fermentation maybe increased the effect, and probably it's the MIXTURE of all Allium plants in one single dish, in high concentration that is making something.

If I stop eating it (skip the 2 table spoon kimuchi dose) for one meal, the herx pains stop. I take it, wait about an hour, and somewhere will be painful.

For the moment, I'm dealing with neck and spine pains. Ovaries and a molar tooth stopped being painful.

I still have skin candida, but I can almost visually see the fight between kimchi and my active candida (it waxes and wanes according to the kimchi intake!!). [Big Grin]

fortunately, it looks like kimchi is winning!

Let's see if kimchi will hold as a killer for long, or if candida will win back its place.

I'm not doing anti-candida diet. I just continue eating well, as organic and varied as possible.

the only change is kimchi, daily, about 3 x day in small doses.

I could sleep well yesterday, which means that electrosmog sensibility is also on the low now...
---------------------------

Every single Korean lives on kimchi, as much as most Asians live on rice. Small children, when they start eating solids, will be given kimchi (spicy!!).

I will do the next batch 1/2 non-spicy, 1/2 mild spicy and see if my daughter can take a bit (she refuses it!).

I hope your gut will heal, Six. It's no fun having problems there.

I funnily do not have usually clear gut symptoms, most of the time. I know I have problems because I still have some food allergies, skin candida and I can't put on too much weight.

I can't say if kimchi is helping my gut as I didn't really have 'gut' symptoms clearly...

I just notice I'm hungrier than usual (which in my case is good, because I'm underweight).

Yep, sauerkraut and normal fermented foods do not do much either. It must be some sort of mix or these Allium species that is causing the bomb effect!

[ 11-14-2016, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Brussels ]

Brussels
Member # 13480

I just wanted to add that the smell is much worse than the taste.

I sort of start enjoying kimchi taste, [lick]

...but I can't get used to the garlic smell. [dizzy]

the taste is not very 'garlicky', in my opinion. But the smell is awfully garlicky!!! [Eek!]

I diminished daily dose to 2x day.

Other parts with herxy pains:
- cavitation spots (on cheek bone), not too strong pain, but certainly something happening there

- one molar keeps getting painful, then stops (not too bad either)

- middle of bones (like the ankle).

- the worst pains are behind my neck (supposedly on the spine and maybe nerves?), big joints (such as shoulder, and small joints such as toe and fingers.

I do think it is getting exactly on the few spots I had some beginning of arthrosis! If the research on kimchi is right, it decalcify (spelling?) arteries, so it may be doing something on arthrosis (?) too.

Many people get arthrosis on the neck, fingers, and I do have quite some kimchi herx exactly there.

I had a spot on my spine that got injured as a child, that always keeps coming as bothersome. I don't say it's painful, but it always bothers me.

It feels like small inflammation. I do loads of small therapies for it for decades, but it never cancels totally. Well, kimchi acted there too, it is a bit like it oils the joints (that is the feeling!).

at this exact moment, I feel zero pain there, I am crossing my fingers it will solve that problem too

If someone would like to try the kimchi experiment, start eating it from day 2 on.

If you read the articles above, the type and amount of bacteria change within the first days, so you can get a more varied culture if you eat it every day, and let it ferment slowly.

I let it room temperature for 5 whole days (to increase speed of fermentation), then I put it in the cold garage. It is now much more acid than it was on day 2.

Brussels
Member # 13480

THOUGHT number 1:

We have many spots of infection (low grade) that are 100% symptomless!!!

Most of my 'herxes' now are coming from parts of my body I wouldn't imagine having infections!!

When I treated candida (skin), I only dealt with gut and skin candida (when skin candida disappeared, I stopped treating candida).

In fact, I believe most of the candida is hidden in joints, gut, bones (teeth, cheekbone), sinuses! We just do not know, until herxes show up!

It means that symptomless is not the same as infection-less!!

In fact, these low grade infected parts were probably sending spores, slowly, and that is why I never can get free of candida!!

I get SYMPTOM FREE, for many months, but not CANDIDA FREE!!

This logic may be valid for lyme, viruses, sinuses infections, herpes and all fungal and candidal infection!!

I could get symptom free of lyme for months, until I relapsed again. I'm sure it was photons and nosodes that made my immune system hunt the hidden spots of borrelia. Once those spots were mostly cleared, lyme didn't back.

Just a guess, of course...

Do you want to get rid of a chronic infection? You probably have to try kimchi!!! [Big Grin]

Brussels
Member # 13480

THOUGHT number 2:

I have been thinking about the fermented raw squid: one week in the refrigerator, only with salt.

She took it off the refrigerator 1 whole week after, it was full of biofilms (like all dead meats).

She washed the biofilm off, cut in small pieces and ate the raw squid! [Razz]

I don't know how many of you consume squid, shrimps etc, regularly but raw sea animals do not last more than 2 days in my refrigerator without stinking badly.

Even AFTER thorough cooking, they never last a week!! They get rotten by day 2 or 3 inside the refrigerator.

At room temperature, it takes only 1 day.

the kimchi lady washes biofilms from the squid after 1 week in her refrigerator, and add that to the kimchi sauce! RAW!!

In Korea, they store kimchi for MANY MONTHS, sometimes for the WHOLE WINTER.

They have one refrigerator special for kimchi (so that other food does not get garlicky smells).

Just think, guys: how the hell can RAW SQUID or RAW SHRIMP survive in the kimchi for weeks, or months?!!!

that blows my mind! [confused]

The only answer is not disinfection through strong disinfectants!

The only answer is that the ecossystem of bacteria in kimchi takes care of pathogens that degrade meat, protecting it against putrefaction!!

If you read the research I posted above on kimuch, the more the time passes, and the fermentation process goes on, the more debris of dead pathogens are found in the kimchi juice.

This cabbage 'salad' is constantly fighting against 'pathogens' that would putrefy the squid, and veggies!!!

Suppose the lady still eats that kimchi 2 months with raw squid inside it! Or 4 months after?!!

to preserve veggies at room temperature is one thing.

To preserve RAW SEA FOOD at room temperature is another!!

OKAY, they will put it in a refrigerator (or in the cellar), to store it for whole winter.

Traditionally, they simply put in huge traditional brown ceramic pots under the house.

Even that looks incredible to me.

It does make me think about how our strategies using KILLERS only (be it abx, rife frequencies , high temperature) is a bad strategy...

I mean, compared to the power of these beneficial critters, any individual killer we humans use is simply like baby-toy compared to those live communities that fight rotting raw sea meats!!!

What killer could preserve raw squid for months in your cellar (unless you dump it in formaldehyde?)

How many abx you gotta give your raw squid to preserve it in the cellar the whole winter?

How many rife frequencies, and how many times a day?

Just note that kimuchi is in contact with air, even! It is not totally dumped in juice, just partially. Unlike many other fermented veggies.

It will get both aerobic and anaerobic pathogens / beneficial bacteria.

It must be a wild fight going on there!!

If this doesn't blow your mind, it blows mine! [bonk]

[ 11-15-2016, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Brussels ]

Brussels
Member # 13480

I'm bleeding since yesterday (something coming out, either from uterus or ovaries).

I'm in the menopause, so this is no woman's bleeding.

It is not a lot, but it is clearly blood.

first I got loads of watery stuff coming out (I thought of them as dissolved biofilms?).

It sort of diminished, then I felt all those stinging pains in my right ovary (it felt exactly like a herx).

The pain sort of stopped for 1 or 2 days, then came the blood (it is very liquid, not like menstrual blood).

I took today Cistus incanus tea again (I usually take different teas, on and off, for decades...).

Cistus never caused me anything, even though it is said to be a biofilm breaker and a good tea used for lyme for a long time.

Then my lungs started to get painful and felt like being filled with secretion (as though I had a light pneumonia). (??!)

I have absolutely no cold, no allergy, nothing going on, for so many months. But all these liquids look to me like some sort of liquefaction of biofilms, that I didn't know even existed there, in my lungs...

When I take Cistus tea now (this tea never did anything to me, in the past...), I feel almost immediate fatigue, dizziness.

after about 2 hours, then I feel nothing (except that I even cough now, as though I have bronchitis or so...)

I suspect that the Garlic / kimuchi is reaching pockets of low grade candida (or whatever infections), breaking partly its biofilms, and the Cistus tea is finally reaching where it could never reach before, liquefying biofilms even more (?)

At this moment, I feel okay, when all that tea or kimuchi effect passes...

I took 3 cups of cistus today, and each cup made me react in a clear way, similar to a herx (fatigue, fog, it feels like a flare, then its effect disappears...).

Yesterday too, I got my first sort of loose stool episode (meaning, there is some change going on in the gut).

It was mild, but not normal to have that. I usually have that when I take candida killers /nosodes, during active infection.

The skin of heels continue to thin out on its own, showing spots of inflammation.

I was symptomless there previous to kimchi, so I do think it is reactivating all low grade spots of infection.

There is no way out, than THROUGH this all.

Like lyme, just cancelling symptoms brings nothing: your body has to go after all spots of Borrelia, until there is none.

so I'm letting my body fight, with the help of kimchi, cistus, chlorella...

We already finished about 1/2 of the batch of kimchi, and I already bought veggies for batch number 2.

My daughter had knee pain yesterday. It came as infectious (energy tests). I tried to find out which infection, at least, Borrelia didn't come up.

I couldn't find which pathogen is causing that, no Sanum nosode tested, all my hundreds of pathogens I have to test didn't test positive.

I told her, test the kimchi: she did, it came positive. Well, she hates it, but she's eating it just once a day.

She's still got pain today, so let's see how this kimchi experiment will go for her too.

-------------------------------------
This kimchi experience is more rough than candida nosodes. It is not a mild experience.

The killing effect lasts more than 12 hours, for sure (as I wake up in pain somewhere).

It is not awful pain, but bothersome. My spine has got pain, so I'm using the violet ray on it. How could one imagine that 1/2 of the spine got low grade infection, if we feel nothing there?!!

One spot that was painful during lyme stings too: intercoastal ribs. Not too badly like joints and spine, but still... [Roll Eyes]

Brussels
Member # 13480

The Pandora box opened....

I crashed BADLY, like my worst lyme days.

Herxes are horrible, whole body in pain, all toxic symptoms on red alarm.

It's been about 8 or more years I haven't felt such herxes.

I am craving for oils, eggs, butter, feeling anxiety up and down, energy crashes on and off, followed by low body temperature...

Exactly like lyme herxes!

So I'm taking more:

- protein and oils (not fried, though), like avocados, quark cheese, fresh cream, eggs, seeds... (for herxes)

- I'm rubbing again oils on the body (it does calm me down almost immediately, exactly like during active lyme 8 - 11 years ago)

- chlorella and bear garlic, now 3-4 times a day (or I totally crash )

- doing my violet ray for the liver, kidney and gut to help flush toxins off

- stopped taking Cistus (I suspect that helped opening the Pandora box as it dissolves biofilms), but still taking teas like gree tean, dandelion etc

Without the violet ray, pains are almost unbearable (cheek bone, neck, spine, big and small joints, liver....).

I did about 2 hours of violet ray yesterday (it also calms nerves, so that I sleep deeply), and today, in the morning, almost 3 hours (due to pains).

Thanks to kimchi. [dizzy]

Liquids are still flowing out (I feel it my chest, probably bronchial tubes or something alike).

I think I regained my menstrual cycle again (it had stopped about 5 months ago... now it came back, with ovary pains and all).

that is why I feel like a sexual being again. [Smile]

Sexual drive had practically disappeared with menopause about 5 months ago (very abruptly).

It was funny to see it coming back so fast after starting this kimchi experience. Well, hubby said he felt 'funny' too ( [Big Grin] ), so it was not only me.

I had NO IDEA that I had so many hidden spots of infections (probably candida).

My skin candida is active, waxing and waning, trying to fight back its place against kimchi.

Kimchi is not a mild killer, but an aggressive killer. That is why, I think, the whole hidden spots of candida are screaming out and trying to conquer its place back.

I'm not sure kimchi is a good strategy to fight chronic candida then, but I'm just making an experiment, as I would like to find a more definitive cure for chronic candida, after so many years fighting it.

I'm doing foot baths with salt, to calm inflammation down, but i feel candida's struggling to really take in charge, like it always did in winter, in my case, for about 3 decades, almost....

My gut feels so different, I can't explain how.

I gained almost 2 kilos in less than 2 weeks (about 4 pounds)!!!

It's been many years I do not have this weight (92 pounds). I'm trying to reach at least 96 pounds, my weight previous to lyme disease.

Since lyme (more than 11 years ago), I kept losing weight, slowly but surely. I reached about 38kg in my worst days of lyme (about 83, 84 pounds)!!

In the last 5 years or so, I have been 89 pounds, way too little. I hope things are moving to a good direction, despite this pandora box...

good points so far: weight gain, sleeping much deeper than usual (less and less electrosmog sensitivity...).

I have been consuming fermented foods for so long. I could never ever imagine ONE single fermented food could cause me this reaction.

When I energy test garlic alone, it doesn't come as good for fighting my candida. Onion neither. Ginger neither.

It is the FERMENTATION of garlic, onion and ginger that seems to make that super killer effect, probably boosted by the yeast coming from the Nappa cabbage.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Now it's almost 9pm.

I could work for almost 4 hours non stop doing the second batch of kimuchi, and some fermented lemons (to add to Moroccan tahini).

The morning, I spent like a turtle, suffering of so many pains... total crash.

The afternoon, I upped my binders (only chlorella + bear garlic), and ate all the oily stuff I wanted.

I kept rubbing oils on my skin, they do have an amazing binding effect, I swear, and then I felt no longer cold, no more pain, and just got once, the beginning of skin flare (it stopped after chlorella).

Then I could cook all that stuff (I mean, prepare), then I felt I was going to crash, so I took chlorella again...

It is already my 5th intake of binders today. I start crashing at about every 3 or 3.5 hours!

It is a bit like lyme, but not that bad as babesia (when i crashed every 2 hours without massive binders....).

It's the first time since my lyme remission that I need so many binders. It means, kimchi is serious stuff, if anyone is fighting candida.

It has NOTHING to do with taking sauerkraut, miso, olives, kefir... whatever single ingredient fermented thing.

Even Mercola's multiple fermented veggies did barely anything visible, during the months I took them.

This batch, I took off the peppers (for my daughter). I'll let 'cook' room temperature, and in a few days I can test it.

My older batch will last just about 5 days more or so, as hubby loves it too.

Lesson learned: I will find some river Pebbles/ stones and put on top of the pots that are fermenting longer.

The parts out of 'water' tend to spoil (I can see color change). So no way to keep this for too long (better to put some weight on top, like bigger river stones ...).
------------------------

How to take binders: the moment you feel anything like a herx coming, take binders before the crash.

Then life goes as usual.

If not, I get flares, anxiety, pain (a LOT of pain), cold, then fatigue. I just think about laying in the sofa doing nothing.

this kimchi herx (probably from candida) is very much like lyme: binders every 3 hours is perfect; 4 hours is already a bit too much to wait.

My lyme knee is herxing now (the knee that was very bad). My right shoulder is cracking (it never happened before, ever!!). Tomorrow, I have to work, will take all binders with me, or I becomes the sofa-veggie again.

yanivnaced
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13212

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yanivnaced     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After reading your posts I made a batch of kimchi.

I used all the ingredients in the recipe except the fish sauce.

As an extra I also put a bunch of cilantro in the blended part to act as a blood cleanser.

Also I did not wash off the salt. I let the cabbage create its own salt brine liquid where the whole thing will ferment submerged.

This is how I've fermented veggies for years - it allows for a longer and stronger anaerobic fermentation without spoilage.

Question - how much of the kimchi are you eating in order to get those herxes?

Posts: 655 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Great that you did that!

but I do think the amount of salt in that particular recipe is too high (that is why she washes it off).

I guess normal fermented veggies use less salt (I don't think I used too much salt in Mercola fermented veggies or sauerkraut).

Anyway, if you have no blood pressure issues or other issues, I guess good salt (not table salt) is fine.

I am taking minimum about 1-2table spoons of kimuchi at a meal (it means, at least 2x day).

You can mix it on rice, it tastes good, or eat it pure, or mix it with green leaves.

I also add some sesame seeds on top. Hubby adds sesame oil or olive oil. It becomes even a more complete food then.

I backed off kimuchi (not taking it 3x, only 2x), as when I added innocently Cistus incanus tea, things exploded (really).

I guess there was a sort of symbiotic effect, in my case (too many biofilms being dissolved at once).

Today, I drank chlorella and bear garlic different (in order not to collapse during the day). It worked better than the 6 x day doses.

It is more economic and much better:

I put 2 teaspoons of chlorella powder in a bottle of water, then 2 dropperful of bear garlic tincture.

For candida, in my case, nothing works better.

Then I succussed the bottle (glass bottle) about 100 times, and I took sips during the day.

So I will take only about 3 teaspoons chlorella a day, instead of 6 yesterday. This succussion method works better than only dissolving chlorella in water (as succussion potentializes the herbs).

I didn't crash, not even for 10 minutes. I kept sipping the liquid, it worked very well.

The wonderful news: no flare! Zero!! In my skin candida case, every flare feels like candida is gaining (it colonizes one more healthy skin spot...).

No flare = it stops growing!! Flares are DIRECTLY linked to amount of die-off toxins or toxins, in general. Flares come during fatigue, when all toxins start to be accumulated.

this bottle of chlorella really worked well. I'll see tomorrow. If it's like today, I will re-add a couple of cups of Cistus incanus tea.

Let us know how you react. Start slow. Prepare binders, in case you have candida. And good luck!!

[ 11-18-2016, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Brussels ]

Brussels
Member # 13480

And don't forget magnesium, or basic salts. All that die-off and fight consume a lot of minerals.

They call it alkaline salts in English (basic salts, when I translate from German). Inexpensive and quite good to be absorbed... I take them at least once, before bedtime empty stomach (or it cancels acidity used for digestion).

http://www.energiseforlife.com/eu/supplements/core-supplements/alkaline-salts.html (something like that)

These are VERY much used in Germanic Europe. Everybody knows about it. They are usually good minerals (easy for the body to absorb).

Eat good oils, rub oils, they also help. If you are craving for stuff like eggs, butter, oils, it means you need to take more binders (and eat the oils, anyway...).

If you see your skin shrinking (drying up), cramps coming, think about these alkaline salts, megahydrate, whatever to hydrate the cells.

I do see mine going through that process (lymph being dried off), that i think is related to die-off then cleaning. It is with me since the beginning of kimchi consumption.

Hubby doesn't have much problem with infections, he had nothing as a reaction. He's just more energetic, his nose allergy has finished (at least, his sneezing stopped for at least, a week or more).

I just herx. BUt today, I barely felt any pain (I just keep sipping chlorella). I don't want to go through what I went yesterday.

I start to wonder if my joint pain is more than herx: like the fermented Allium aren't in fact providing my body with good sulphur (totally organic), and that sulphur is simply cleaning my joints?

I had similar pains with chelation...

[ 11-18-2016, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: Brussels ]

Lymedin2010
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have felt the same when eating kimchi too, but I don't have it often.

Other good foods are ginger, raw onions, & raw garlic, & Red Zinger tea.

Do you have a link to the freeze garlic pills that you use?

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Kimuchi without pepper tastes awful, said my daughter.

I don't like it either. So I added pepper again.

I'm reading about the time of 'cooking' and conservation of kimuchi.

Recommendation: do not close lid tight until it stops fermenting too much (it means, first 2 weeks, do not close it tight). Only plastic films.

Or it can explode.

People in korea can keep kimuchi for whole 6 months. They use that to heat the body in winter, as an energy booster, and some say it does have some aphrodisiac effect (maybe because it heats and gives energy).

I can just say that I got pretty energetic (in all senses), and that my menopause stopped (I hadn't got my period for 5 months, very little sexual drive, and suddenly, it's like the time is going backwards: all is back like before, even my period came back and it's as strong as it hasn't been in the last years...).

I was thinking about extra salt: there will be a different set of bacteria forming, probably.

And the cabbage won't be crunchy, like in all kimchi dish you eat in Korea.
-------------------------------------------

My first batch is almost finished: it took us 2 weeks. The taste changed considerably, it tastes almost like penicillin! It's very sour.

Some Koreans said the best taste is by the 10th day of fermentation (in cold).

Many 'cook' kimuchi once a week.

In restaurants, they 'cook' it 2x a week.

I'm wondering how Korean small children eat this kimchi, that is much more spicy than what I'm doing. I've seen them ALL eating kimchi (I lived there for 2 years).

My daughter (12) dislikes the taste, but said she'd rather eat it WITH chili than without it.

the most fermented the taste, the more liquids seem to come out (in my case, in the sinuses, throat, lungs).

There is almost a violent movement of lymph that I visually see happening on my hands and face (the skin gets shrunken, literally, then water gets inside again, as though it's got a pump of water moving the lymph).

It happened every single day, since I started kimchi.

Without chlorella, I collapse. Too many toxins on the move.

Literally ALL my joints have been on some kind of pain or discomfort feeling. It comes and goes, it keeps changing, but I feel practically all my joints were once or more times, affected.

Even some bones are painful, which I absolutely do not understand (the middle of bigger bones like shinbone, arm...).

My painful ovaries meant only: return to work, after a pause of almost 1/2 year.

I am not sure this is all killing-effect (like with ovaries, it was not killing, I suppose).

I guess some cleaning is happening (through bio available sulphur in big amounts).

My bowels work well, I'm not having mild loose stools like I always did (on and off), and just going once a day (before, 2x, 3x, for at least a decade...).

I think I lost nutrients, minerals, and that is why I kept losing weight in the last years. Even after lyme was gone.

I'm taking vit D3 as usual, but have re-added Schussler salts (12 of them in a single product, called Drufusan).

It just helps the body to absorb minerals better (that is one of my main problems and my daughter's main problems). For some reason, our bodies get rid of good minerals instead of keeping them in.

In the evening, I am taking some sort of alkaline salts (with minerals such as magnesium, calcium...).

3 decades with chronic candida: they were all over my body, specially in joints and sinuses /lungs.

The skin of heels continues to thin out (but it still thick). It was harboring loads of candida too (I can feel the spots of inflammation now).

I'm going to try this kimchi experiment for some months, at least.

But I'm not sure i can stand these herxes for more than 1 or 2 months...

90% of joints in herx-like-pains had never been painful before. Not that i remember. I never had any trouble before (that I knew!)

That is why, it's been pretty harsh. I'm not used to pain any more.

That degree of herx-pain (or simply generalized pain), I hadn't got since lyme.

Ops, I got it just once, when i started the violet ray more than a year ago. But it was not as widespread as now. Taking chlorella makes pain bearable, but I have to keep sipping it...

Anyway, if someone else would like to join the kimchi experiment, I would love to hear about your experiences!!

gz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK Brussels, you got me. I've been wanting to do veggie ferments, and kimchi is Mr.gz's favorite. I'll gather the ingredients this week!
Posts: 474 | From US | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anuta
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22646

Me too, Today I went to get all the ingredients. Will do it tomorrow. Brussels, you have got us in kimchi rush🙈
Brussels
Member # 13480

[Smile]

I'm buying ingredients for batch number 3 tomorrow!

But I didn't eat kimuchi for lunch.... I needed work done, and I almost collapsed yesterday again.

I just re-took it now for dinner.

Herxes are HORRIBLE, for me.

I had to increase chlorella dose again to 5 teaspoons a day. I added green teas. Still in pain. So I did the violet ray.

It felt then better. But I wake up very bad (as I can't take binders in the night). Tired and painful.

My daughter is not consuming it daily, and she's getting pains too. Mostly joint pains (back pain, knee, for her).

Plus, she looks tired (I guess, like myself.)

Joints I never knew were sick: middle of the hand joints (not only fingers!), middle of the foot joints, middle of bones, ankles, right femur where it connects to the hips, and yesterday, for the first time, stinging pains IN THE BRAIN!

Fortunately, they didn't last longer.

the worst pains are on parts that were sick with sort of arthritis /athrosis (right shoulder, right thumb). They do not stop.

Daugther said it feels like the zinc we had taken before (for the KPU protocol). I agree.

I will take kimuchi ONLY ONCE A DAY from now on.

i can't stand herxes, really.

If these are not herxes, they feel exactly like heavy metal detox or herxes, there is no single difference.

Slimy stuff in my throat still pouring, at every intake. I just wonder what the hell is this. Could this be like tons of biofilms without causing ANY symptoms???

Be prepared for an overdose of toxins on your liver. Without the violet ray there, I am sure I wouldn't be functioning.

The good points: my skin got so humid again, some oily feeling (before it was dry as paper...). And the candida really stopped to flare. It is losing the battle, for sure.

And I'm eating all fruits I feel like, so not at all doing anti candida diet, as usual.

I'm eating more oils (nuts, butter, avocado etc), due to herxes, and the violet ray seems to be making my liver work, so I'm probably processing the oils well.

Wishing you all good luck. Let me know what you feel (I crashed by the 7th day, then continous crashes in the 2nd week.) Now starting week 3, but I swear I will go slower!

anuta
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22646

I just read on the Russian Korean ( there is lots of ethnic Koreans in Russia), kimchi recipe website, that it is recommended for cancer patients after chemo and radiotherapy in order to clean the body faster.
Maybe your Herxes are due to the excessive toxins moving around?
I nave had this experience with ultra violet light- it felt exactly like Herxes.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Hi Anuta... you're right, it's certainly toxins.

Just think about the amount of bio-available sulphur, and on top, fermented!

that is serves cancer patients, I know. Detox boost in one spoon.

Just picture the patient: cancer and candida. Both walk hand in hand. Cancer patients are full of candida, usually (by autopsies made).

Candida is the rule, not the exception, it seems. Even mainstream drs start to admit and recognize some link between candida and cancer.

I am using kimchi against candida, basically. But that I would herx as much as I am doing, is a surprise.

Today I got a brief pause in herxing (I did almost 2 hours of violet ray yesterday, immediately after my single daily dose of kimuchi).

I took more magnesium before bedtime, plus the normal binders, and could wake up without pain (almost).

No crashes today, so I think I'll remain for a while on the SINGLE dose / day.

the candida is totally on the looser side now. I am even eating some chocolate and a bit of home-made jams (yep, with bad sugar...).

What I feel (not sure this is right), is that kimchi is an aggressive killer.

Candida and borrelia are very sensitive for aggressors. Attack candida (or Bb) and they over-react badly. I think even babesia is like that, if my memory is good.

Some critters are sensitive and over-reactive against aggressors.

I remember clearly Bb or other infections giving their last bits of energy to fight back and re-gain their final battle: usually, their last fight felt like horror.

I picture it like that: before they give their last breath, they will put ALL their energy into fighting my immune system or killers.

That means, that's their final chance.

I'm SURE critters are aware of that: either they fight to death that last battle, literally, or they lose the war for good.

That is why these last battles feel so bloody. They are intimidating. We even start thinking we are losing.

In fact, THEY are losing, but they do not want to show that: they show their teeth (their last breath!!)

that is why I never liked to attack candida or borrelia frontally, but always preferred side ways... Nosodes, homeopathy, acupuncture etc.

Kimchi does NOT belong to the mild killers I was used!!

Candida is perfectly aware of the killing powers of kimuchi: the moment I ingested kimchi, they counter-attacked me with poisons. And it's massive.

I see that exactly in the flares. Candida for me grows slowly, but surely, in fall/winter. They disappear, slowly, but surely in spring /summer.

The moment I took kimchi, they went into flare mode: very aggressive, painful flares, crashes, I feel awful, etc.

I know how aggressive a pathogen is just by the AMOUNT of binders or treatments I need to do.

The more binders, more varied, more frequent intakes, the more they are reacting.

They do have a predictable behavior when they fight (as we have). But their last fight comes simply out of desperation.

It almost looks as though I am losing, but then, suddenly, comes the end of the storm. They give up!

It feels almost like a key: they decide when they wish to turn THEIR KEY to OFF mode. It's not because of killers. It's a decision that comes on THEIR side.

It doesn't mean candida disappears: it just changes to beneficial form, not pathogenic because they decide so.

Bb feels the same: for some reason, the cysts stop wanting to turn ON to active, and remain in cystic form for years (that means remission). That means, ZERO lyme symptoms.

The end comes usually very abruptly. It's not a mild curve, symptoms slowly disappearing, etc. No.

It's a sudden end. It always amazes me.

Some pathogens behave like that (at least, Candida and Bb do, and possibly babesia, if my memory is good).

I'm not sure I reached that, but I feel today, candida is showing me its white flag. [Smile] Just one-two days after the worst storm since lyme went dormant years ago.

anuta
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22646

I did my first batch of kimchi today, will start eating VERY slowly.

It is amazing how smart these critters are, definitely much smarter than we are.
After nosodes Babesia treatment - Babesia stopped testing, however I have Rickettsia that showed up out of nowhere.
It was hiding before, as I never tested positive for it before.
I treat it with nosodes as well and literally feel how it fights back. It fights for its life even more then Babesia did.
Hopefully when it's gone- nothing else will show-up.

anuta
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22646

I did my first batch of kimchi today, will start eating VERY slowly.

It is amazing how smart these critters are, definitely much smarter than we are.
After nosodes Babesia treatment - Babesia stopped testing, however I have Rickettsia that showed up out of nowhere.
It was hiding before, as I never tested positive for it before.
I treat it with nosodes as well and literally feel how it fights back. It fights for its life even more then Babesia did.
Hopefully when it's gone- nothing else will show-up.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Yep, just take one table spoon a day.

The colonies of bacteria /yeast change DAILY, according to research. If you eat it daily, you'll profit then from different colonies.

The taste changes too.

The spicy feeling goes down (after 10 days, it is much LESS spicy than in the first days).

If you don't take binders, it's like stirring the soup of toxins: they will go somewhere else, and be a breeding place for other (or same) infections.

And the liver, wow... It has been tough there too. Daily sessions of violet ray.

Yesterday, almost an hour again mostly on liver and some still painful joints, then cheek bones, lymph of neck /tonsils, throat, lungs. I concentrated more on the liver than on pain (as pain went down considerably).

the pains are not 100% gone, but 80% gone for me. So suddenly.

I have zero doubt that the MAIN weapon of candida is toxins. I just see the damage these toxins do to liver, whole body, it's massive.

Herxes are their main gun against our immune system. really, zero doubt!!!

It feels like an atomic bomb of toxins, all of a sudden.

I even took another 2 table spoons of kimchi before bed yesterday, because I felt the 'white flag' from candida.

Candida is still here, but now in 'tame' mode!

The skin color changed to normal skin color. Not 100% yet, but my flesh (specially fingers, toes) had been purple-black for so many years in winter, that it looks strange to see it skin color again.

I do think kimuchi (sulphur) cleaned the skin from within. My finger joints (that got TB) were almost black, and now they are purple. Getting clear, for sure.

soon, I'll try to be brave for Cistus incanus (biofilm breaker).

-------------------------------
I hope this pathogenic soup stops one day for you, Anuta. Kind of crazy you're still fighting all of them...

Layer by layer, there's no other way out, I suppose...

I still can't believe 30 years of chronic candida would disappear so fast (in 2-3 weeks)?

No, it would be too good to be true, too easy.

-----------------------------------------
Next batch plan:
- more ginger (for parasites),

- purple onion instead of white onion, as I always heard purple onion is much more powerful against viruses than white onion.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Flares continue gone.

Candida is slowly but surely losing grounds.

I'm still eating many fruits, but candida is mostly in OFF mode...

'Herxes' continue but in slow mode too. I'm not sure its a real herx, or simply detox.

No more unbearable pains.

So I added Cistus incanus again (I'm going slow).

I find out that Mineral salts before bed time helps to balance my metabolism, after so many herxes these days...

http://www.iherb.com/phion-balance-alkaline-minerals-powder-7-94-oz-225-g/26037

(I don't take this product, but it is something alike). I usually react badly to minerals, but these citrate minerals fit well to me, if I take far from food.

Certainly, my electrosmog sensitivity is at the LOWEST it has been since lyme, more than 10 years ago.

It feels like for the first time in my life, I am like many other people that barely feel electrosmog.

I always wondered how could I be so sensitive to EMRs, and how could most people be so insensitive to them...

It's been about 10 days or so, that this has been happening. I even forget the mobile phone on (before impossible to forget, as the radiation made me CRAZY).

Brussels
Member # 13480

Today it's my first day WITHOUT kimuchi, since I started this experiment.

I took 2 cups of Cistus incanus instead... I over-reacted to it again.

I can barely understand why.

Why do I crash with Cistus NOW, if I take this tea for so many years?

Cistus is a known herb used against lyme.

Not a single therapy, but it is well known for helping lyme. Dr. K., I think, said it is biofilm breaker.

I took Cistus on and off, during or after lyme, but never felt a ditch...

Just now, I took it again (I take quite a few types of teas, usually), and then had a herx?

I repeated it again, and again, and crashed.

I feel toxins are different than the ones coming out with kimchi...

I need COFFEE in big amounts, I need alkaline salts to calm my kidneys (only bear garlic + chlorella are not enough), very black teas, sencha green tea...

My electrosensitivity continues low profile.

But I'm again in pain, specially on nerves (back, neck...). Even nerves in my arms feel a bit of pain... Facial nerves (or sinuses, I'm not sure), it's also a bit painful.

Kimchi made me more herxy in joints, i think.

It is not lyme, as lyme makes me crash very fast.

I feel no infection really (except for low grade candida, as usual).

Kimchi herxes didn't require much coffee. Now, without coffee, I crash again...

The funny thing with coffee ingestion: when I take it, I feel relaxing. About 30 minutes later, I feel normal again, back to energetic, almost painless.

I took about 5 cups today, even now before bedtime. It does not excite, not a single bit (it just relaxes).

I wonder if kimchi didn't sort of did a sort of re-booting of my body... Tomorrow, no cistus, I need a break.

My liver is fine today, so I suspect toxins are moving out through the kidneys. Well, I do again the violet ray before going to bed.

Do not add biofilm breakers to kimchi until you feel no herxes.

I wonder if kimchi breaks some biofilms, and open the way to Cistus to finish the job?

Brussels
Member # 13480

Weekend of rest, starting again tomorrow.

Candida is not coming back (even without kimchi or Cistus).

Nerve pains are not totally finished, but almost gone.

No flares, despite fondue with wheat bread, wine, chocolate...

It's funny that people think candida flares with sugar or carbs (which is true, when candida is on 'active-mode').

I certainly flare when candida is being killed. Or after toxins from herxes build up and candida is on that active-mode.

------------------------
I left kimchi fermenting too long in room temperature. Mistake. Do not leave it more than 24 hours.

The taste got very sour...

Adding pepper after many days was not a good idea either (it is not the same as starting fermenting with pepper).

Anyway, I'm reacting more to Cistus than with kimchi, so I'll work on Cistus more than kimchi this week.

--------------------------------
I was reading about fecal transplants: despite the fast POSITIVE change in the microbiome of the gut, it seems that the patient returns to illness after a while.

What I think is that, if food habits do not change, the microbiome tends to illness (like before the fecal transplant).

So, I'm not ready to give kimchi up so soon. I hate candida.

I'm having problem to store it as the weather is too mild where I live. I had to put it in the refrigerator and it stinks garlic now...

Anyway, I'd rather have a stinky refrigerator as candida for more 30 years... [bonk]

gz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Brussels how long are you fermenting the kimchi after making before you begin eating it? Do you move it to cold storage when ready?
Posts: 474 | From US | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Gz, I got that info on other websites.

Most say: wait ONE DAY (24 hrs) to start eating it (when the process of fermentation starts).

Let it ferment room temperature for 24 hrs, then move it to a colder place (I recommend cellar or garage, but NOT the refrigerator due to smell).

In Korea, they have one refrigerator ONLY for kimchi.

they say it ferments in cold (true, as every day, you got to open the container once, to let air come out).

If you tight close the container, danger of explosion (in case you forget to open it for too long).

You can help air bubbles come out by pressing the veggies with a spoon (I do it once a day, for 10 days).

first 10 days: lots of air bubbles.

Then, the fermentation process slows down. I open the container every couple of days, even less.

Bacterial groups change a lot from day 1 through day 10, so eat it every day until day 10 to profit from different bacterial colonies.

From day 10, the colonies stop changing too much.
The taste stabilizes by then.

Until the 10th day, you feel the acidity taste growing (every day, a bit more). Koreans love it by day 10 (they say, it reaches perfection).

Most restaurants only let it ferment for some days (less than a week), as they serve kimchi at EVERY MEAL.

I waited 5 days before I put it in cold, and the taste is not nice (like my first batch). Do it like the Koreans.

gz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43818

Thanks for that info, Brussels. So it's best to begin consuming on day 10 then?
Brussels
Member # 13480

I saw an episode of River Monsters yesterday. The guy went to Iceland, and discovered that local people ferment a rare type of shark meat.

That shark meat is poisonous for humans, so they cut the meat in pieces, hang them OUTSIDE under a roof but no walls (just an open space), in the cold weather. The meat ferments slowly, during months, and then people eat it.

People add NOTHING to the meat, no salt, nothing. They just hang it in cold weather and wait.

It has been eaten like that since the Viking times!

I took most salt off the kimchi, and it ferments very fast, as Koreans do.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Gz, nope, I'd rather consume it from day 2 on.
Brussels
Member # 13480

cold weather came back. I still haven't restarted cistus or kimchi after the weekend.

I was just thinking today that I feel I went a step up in my health.

I had that feeling of clear improvement 3 times in my life:

1 & 2- after I beat babesia twice (from 2 different tick bites).

When babesia went definitively dormant, I felt my energy got SO MUCH better, even if I had loads of other parallel infections, lyme coinfections and Bb.

3- after lyme was 'definitively' gone (2009).

I really saw the curve of disintegration of health stopping to be so steep down when lyme got dormant back then.

And now!

I'm NOT reacting (or barely reacting) to electrosmog), ...

I'm eating most fruits I was allergic not so long ago (weeks ago!!)...

I ate WHEAT this weekend in rather big amounts (a rare event) and didn't feel anything bad so far (not even candida wanting to come back)...

and my energy level and concentration has been more or less, stable (when I'm not herxing).

I hope this will stay for long.

If it does, this will definitively be a step up in my health condition. I thought degradation comes with age, but now I'm living something like going back in time.

So it is not aging that was creating me problems, but again, it was all mostly due to toxins and chronic infections.

The fact that I react so strongly to Cistus incanus (an 'innocent' herbal tea) shows me a change in body metabolism.

Have you ever heard 'nothing seems to work'?

The sicker we are, the less we react to ANY treatment.

The healthier we are, the MORE we react to most treatments.

That's what dr. K. kept saying and I didn't understand him. Again, I guess he was right.

anuta
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22646

I put mine in the fridge right away and started eating from day 2.
Let me tell you- I'm the only one in the house who eats it: my daughter and husband refused.
It is very strong- I put lots of ginger!!! I love it, I take 2-3 spoons every day.
I'm herxing from rickettsia photons treatment right now, so can't tell if kimchi adds up.

Brussels
Member # 13480

watch out Anuta!!!!!!

I also LOVE the taste of kimchi, to tell you the truth.

but this last batch does not taste as good as first batch. I will be less 'creative' and do EXACTLY like it was in the video.

Good luck. Go slow!!!!

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brussels, how do you know it's candida and not relapse of lyme?
Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

I guess, nobody knows for sure.

But I had candida since my early 20s, while lyme came at 39 (almost 20 years later).

First tick bite at 39 then , EM rash, and in a couple of months, I was in bed with neuro, cardio, breathing problems, dozens of food allergies that never stopped increasing,...

... horrible arthritis overall, dental problems (teeth dying no apparent reason), photo-phobia, night sweats, bart rashes, electrosmog sensitivity etc.

Before that bite, I had never had 95% of those symptoms. Never.

Lyme came with its zillions of symptoms, like a tsunami, fast, and ruined my life.

Until then, I was still more or less active, my brain was working, etc despite seasonal skin candida.

Then other tick bites came, I went further downwards. I had a double chronic problem: lyme and seasonal candida.

Lyme went away (after photons), symptoms vanished almost completely (except for some left overs such as some food allergies).

Arthritis disappeared, then came back years later but less painful, less handicapping, other joints were affected (no knee, like lyme arthritis), but I guess, mostly from candida.

Of course, I can't be 100% sure. I somehow trust energy testing and I can see I do not have any of the OTHER lyme symptoms that ruined my life.

Same as for daughter, who has no arthritis whatsoever and goes normally to school and sports as though she had never had lyme.

But of course, no one can be 100% sure that any health problem is not lyme (she has gluten intolerance).

It's just that lyme was a traumatic experience for us, and our lives today have nothing to do with the time we were fighting lyme.

We were very sick then, no doubt at all, and now we're like everyone else, a bit with some health problems here and there, but not at all 'handicapped', like during lyme, if you see what I mean.

Nobody thinks my daughter is ill.
100% of her school mates have no idea that she was once very ill.

That is why we think we do not have lyme any longer.

At least, we don't do treatments against lyme.

I do wonder if anything in the throat and small intestine survives kimchi, if eaten in reasonable amounts (like 2-4 soup spoons, 3 times a day).

It's killing whatever is in its way, I think.

I don't think cold viruses like kimchi!!

I surely have candida chronic (or had, before kimchi), but I really do not think lyme is active (at least, not as it was, in the past).

Brussels
Member # 13480

For example, lyme neuro symptoms: I don't think I have them 'active', like during lyme

...(eye floaters, tinnitus, muscle twitches, parts of the body such as hands or feet going numb on and off, etc).

These are long gone.

but the 'herxing' in the nerves after kimchi shows me that my nerves had some 'problem', but I was mostly symptomless.

so I thought.

Until electrosmog sensitivity disappeared (or next to disappeared). It doesn't feel like 'me'.

Since lyme was gone, electro-sensitivity stayed, low grade, but it did stay.

I clearly reacted to electrosmog for at LEAST a whole DECADE!!

I wonder if this is due to some clearing of low grade infections in the nerves (or toxins) ...

...or if this is just because of a boosting of the immune system with kimchi bacteria...

... or some boosting in hormones (because toxins left in great amount)?

Whatever. I do think lyme is not something like HAVE or NOT TO HAVE.

I think lyme starts again when the immune system is not performing well. Like candida.

Everybody has candida, mold, many bacteria, many viruses.

But we only get sick with them when something gets too out of wack and the immune system cannot cope.

We, then, collapse.

but I do think lyme is not a PLUS or MINUS thing.

More like shades of grey turning slowly too black, then we get symptoms; then re-turning more whitish, and symptoms disappear.

Exactly like chronic candida. Possibly even cancer.

Brussels
Member # 13480

I ate a big chunk of kimchi yesterday evening after a 3-4 day pause. Barely any reaction (just feels like cleaning the gut...)

The mouth produces a lot of saliva immediately after ingestion, probably to protect the esophagus lining from spicy-acid taste.

Apart from that, I have little feeling of biofilms being dissolved or whatever...

My lungs are clear, throat too, I feel nothing in sinuses.

-------------------------------------
Candida is in non-flare mode, definitively. It is like it turned its key off, as I said before.

It did FOUGHT against kimchi, at first, but I guess it accepted that this time, it lost the battle.

--------------------------------------
My candida is seasonal, keeps coming and going with cold weather. I'm sure it is just waiting for my immune system to fail again...

I can see where inflammation once was (skin), but it is not BRIGHT red, nor swollen as before.

It is not totally gone, but it's barely annoying...

I can perfectly live without taking candida-killers, if it remains like it is now.

-------------------------------------------------
What I hate with candida is when it gets fully ACTIVE, and I keep flaring DAILY at least once (or more).

I get then very tired, anxious, swollen, very painful skin, brain fog, digestive problems etc.

That is when I start treating candida, because life is not fun with all these symptoms.

Since about Friday last week, I can perfectly live with 'this' candida as it is very low profile.

My yesterday big kimchi dose didn't make ANY herx, so I'll be adding Cistus again today (for biofilms).

Brussels
Member # 13480

Another thing that changed: I couldn't take magnesium citrate in big amounts (nor any other type of magnesium, due to loose stools).

It's THE FIRST TIME in my life, that I could take a normal adult dose of magnesium, without any problem so far.

I took it twice full dose last week, before bedtime, and nothing happened.

It's unbelievable, but I don't want to get too excited yet.

I usually take 1/2 or 1/3 of the dose, and NOT every day.

During lyme, I had a LOT of trouble getting things down (minerals, magnesium, any herb whatsoever, etc).

I always took less than a small child's dose not to collapse.

That is why I treated myself MOSTLY with homeopathy, photons, acupuncture...

I always opened my supplements and cut them in small pieces or open the capsules, and poured part of the content in water.

And gave up mixed supplements due to reaction. Only one substance at a time, in tiny amounts.

Herbs, I took in ridiculous tiny amounts. Such as Japanese knotweed, cats claw.. and sipped them during the day.

----------------------------------
Again, I suspect that most problems I had were not only due to lyme, but a gut in wreck also contributed for that.

I keep asking my muscle tests: is garlic alone helpful for me? And I keep getting a 'no'.

I also ask: is kimchi helpful, and I still get a 'yes' (even though my body is not visibly reacting to it any longer).

Whatever kimchi has done to me, it was not garlic as I thought (because when you blend it fresh, you get a strong dose of Allicin).

I thought it was Allicin in kimuchi that was beneficial, as I took a lot of freeze garlic pills during lyme, and they certainly helped me before.

It was probably the fermentation.

Anyway, I'll stick to kimchi and see if candida remains dormant the whole winter. It would be TOO GOOD to be true.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Salt: I guess, it just works as a 'starter' of fermentation (I mean, to promote the beneficial bacteria in the cabbage).

Coreans do wash the salt off the cabbage, once the fermentation starts.

I dislike the taste of Mercola-type of fermentation, because it feels too salty.

Not the case with kimchi, that is barely salty.

Brussels
Member # 13480

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4285955/

Article explaining some reasons why kimchi could help to kill cancer cells.

They write:

Garlic, in particular, has been acknowledged for its anticancer effect due to high contents of organosulfur compounds (11 to 35 mg/g).

33 types of organosulfur compounds have been identified in garlic.

Organosulfur compounds in garlic have been shown to facilitate the detoxification of carcinogens by glutathione-S-transferase, ...

... modulate the activity of metabolizing enzymes such as cytochrome P450s,

....and inhibit the formation of DNA adducts in several target tissues.
-------------------------

Brussels: I guess I understand all that massive detox I have had with kimchi. It's full of bio-compatible sulphur.

And that is why my liver got overloaded (as sulphur is the precursor to glutathione).

Maybe that high content of sulphur in garlic explains the massive detox reaction?

Brussels
Member # 13480

Continuation:

One possible mechanism of cancer preventive effects of garlic in stomach cancer development involves its antimicrobial activities against Helicobacter pylori, a major risk factor of stomach cancer.

(Brussels: are you suffering from H. pilori? Take kimchi!! )

Hot red chili pepper powder, one of the main ingredient of kimchi, contains capsaicin (trans-8-methyl-N-vanillyl-6-nonenamide).

Although the role of capsaicin in carcinogenic processes has been controversial, there is accumulated evidence that capsaicin is capable to induce apoptosis of cancer cells by generating excess reactive oxygen species.23

Thoennissen et al.24 demonstrated that capsaicin caused cell-cycle arrest and apoptosis in breast cancer cells by modulating the EGFR/HER-2 pathway and inhibited the development of pre-neoplastic breast lesions by up to 80% without toxicity.

(Brussels: do you have breast cancer? Take chili pepper!!!)

Brussels
Member # 13480

Handbook of Food and Beverage Fermentation Technology

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=uV2Oi0g_TB4C&pg=PA649&lpg=PA649&dq=glutathione+kimchi&source=bl&ots=dfcws7yjiE&sig=tdd6e0bt5GqwxL1rbEz1MlUjwPk&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiHyMHCmc7QA hXE7hoKHQJqBswQ6AEINjAD#v=onepage&q=glutathione%20kimchi&f=false

One page talks about kimchi INCREASING glutathione, specifically. It says it helps to detox the liver.

Page 649: It may interest lyme patients:

Kimchi extracts also enhance immune functions of the NK (natural killer cells) and macrophages.

In our studies, the LUNG metastasis with colon cells was significantly reduced by subcutaneous administration of kimchi extract in mice following the tumor cell inoculation.

Kimchi exhibited strong antimetastatic activity.

Brussels
Member # 13480

I am still eating kimchi once a day, in bigger chunks.

I don't feel clear herxes any longer, but I do feel my gut moving around, about 2 hours after ingestion, as though some 'changes' still takes place (I picture it as some kimchi bacteria saying 'hello' to the old colonies).

As I said, I'm not ready to give kimchi up yet, even though I feel no herxes any longer (it took about 3 weeks, for herxes to stop). I'm afraid that, if I stop, my candida come back.

I'd love to spend Xmas without extreme control over food, sugars, wheat etc, like usual...

I still feel herxes with Cistus (nerves /sinuses), so I'm taking it too.

Candida does not flare with kimchi any longer, but it may flare a bit (not too bad though) with Cistus.

As long as I take binders (coffee included, in big amounts), flares are kept under control.

Coffee has never had such a RELAXING feel as it is having now, for me. I can drink a lot of coffee, when I feel herxed, even before bedtime, but coffee just feels relaxing, as though it does work to bind toxins.

I thank my violet ray to clean my liver so well. Without it, I think coffee would have been my enemy, more than ally.

as with everything, what I ingest or drink seems to keep changing, with my body changes....

Buhner was the ONLY guy that gives a plausible explanation for that: a plant is a complex being, with so many chemicals.

When you take any plant, DIFFERENT CHEMICALS will act in your body. It's not the same for everybody, not even the same for the same person in different occasions.

Chemicals of a single plant have a synergistic action that is hard to find in a lab (because, we need to analyze billions, trillions of possible interactions in ONE single plant!!).

Plant chemicals have NOTHING to do with single chemicals like drugs, but only act in complex interactions, due to the complexity of its hundreds of chemicals .

It's like a symphony with so many instruments playing at once. Depending on the body it meets, the music will 'sound' different.

The action of cistus now has been profound, as it had NEVER been before.

Kimchi is helping me now, but possibly, in the past, would have done next to nothing to me...(?)

It's just so crazy.

And the electrosensibility remains gone. Not totally, but it is NOTHING compared to what it was, just weeks ago!

And it is not even summer, when I'm grounded great part of the time. Now, it's cold, I wear shoes the whole time...

that is why treatment is so complex: what didn't help in the past could be the MAIN key today, for your healing!

What didn't help in the past does not mean will never help! Specially in case of plants, as it is is a sort of magic that synchronizes all those chemicals in our bodies.

It's not by chance that we all evolved eating plants, using plants as healing agents.

There is a real complicity between plants and animals, in evolution. How could it be otherwise?

I wonder if anyone feels anything with kimchi? How is it going for you all?

Brussels
Member # 13480

I'm still working on cistus, but herxheimer feelings are smaller.

I'm still craving for oils, more hungry than usual, craving for eggs, coffee, chlorella, feeling pressure on my kidneys, so I KNOW my body is detoxing from cistus tea.

The pains are still around, but not even close to what they were: just a bit, mostly in nerves, but also tingling pains in sinuses, feet, some joints.

I know cistus is going inside...

My shoulder-arm joint is sooo much better, as it hasn't been for at least 1.5 years, since I started the violet ray. It's still with bits of pain in certain movements, but I know cistus is acting there too.

I start to have hopes with what I'm doing. Still touching wood, as I still can't believe my 30 year war against candida will finally end this year 2016.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Just for posterity, I leave a note here, in case what I'm doing works against very chronic candida:

morning: vit D3 + Drufusan (Schussler salts)

normal diet, no avoidance of carbs nor fruits.

Just eating healthy, as organic as possible, as rich and fresh as possible, like always. And gluten free since May 2016.

not taking any anti-candida supplement

alternating: cistus incanus tea (biofilm breaker) and kimchi (probiotics), daily, depending on herxes or flares. I just adjust to how I feel, trying to avoid pain / herxes.

cleaning / binding:

Drufusan helps, I think.

liver support (violet ray, mainly)

chlorella, about 3 tea spoons a day

bear garlic, about 3 dropperful a day

coffee (black, no sugar, with or without fresh cream, 3-5 times a day)

Oils (or I get mad), I crave oils:
increased butter, some omega 3, oils like olive oil,

....some quark in fat yoghurt, chia seeds in fat yoghurt (sheep yoghurt, mainly), sometimes lemon inside yoghurt,

...flaxseeds, many types of nuts, any nuts (daily),

... avocado, rubbing oils on skin and lymph (1 x day or less, depending on herxes), eggs (about 3 at once, when i feel too toxic)

Foot baths about 2x week: very hot water, about 30 min minimum, with dead sea salt or himalayan salt, with or without infrared (I rub a cotton cloth to pull oils from my skin)

Before bed, on empty stomach: magnesium citrate, adult dose OR alkaline salts (with calcium citrate, sodium bicarb, stuff like that).

For pain (nerve): violet ray almost daily, and a bit of PE1 (infrared) sometimes.

So far, in less than a month, all candida flares disappeared (or next to), shiny red spots all disappeared,

...my dark color skin on hands and feet diminished to less than 10% of black / violet (before they looked like colors from dead people...),

...my bowel movements are still not stable, but diarrhea practically finished

... AND my electrosensitivity is at its LOW point as it ever been in the last 10 years FOR SURE.

Most joints feel softer, oiled, more easy going.

IF not herxes, I feel ZERO arthritic symptoms.

and fruit allergies, they have never been so LOW GEAR like now in the last 5 years. I had so many increasing fruit allergies!!

I'm eating apples again (not all sorts though), some oranges, and even pomegranades!

Only one joint in problem: the right shoulder-arm joint, as I still get some pains in certain movements, but it got MUCH better.

My neck has softened and got so much more movable (I didn't know I had problems there before herxes).

could probiotics in kimchi kill a 30 year old candida?!? I guess not.

But I'm writing what I'm doing here, in case candida stops bothering my winters.

One thing I learned: candida probably stays in joints and in sinuses in dormant state for a long time, before it starts to create problems.

I thought that I was candida-free in warmer months, but in fact, I was never candida-free, if these candida were actually in my joints and sinuses, just less active (or imperceptible), waiting for winter to come.

If it does disappear at least this winter, I promise I will eat kimchi in all winters for the next 30 years!

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Brussels! I didn't read all of this. I started getting joint pain after menopause, too. It's not fun at all...

My feeling is that when we make less estrogen - it causes alot of aches & pains that we didn't notice prior. It's kind of a lubricant... I haven't researched it - just my intuition...

You may want to look into black cohosh. That helped me with hot flashes. It wasn't horrible but it was annoying. I know what you mean by feeling like a teenager again. I think that's how you put it...

[lol]

I haven't had kimchi is a while. I do like it. It can get to be addicting... They have some Korean style saunas here not too far from me. It's getting to be the time of year to go!

Sorry you haven't been feeling well Sixgoofykids. Don't know too much about your illness. Hope you feel better soon!

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Joint pains... not only women, Sparkle.

MANY men after 50-60s will get stiff joints too (just look how they walk around, how they turn their necks....)

My theory is that joints are like toxin-binders: maybe because cartilage does not grow as fast as bones, skin, etc (on the contrary, they are VERY slow to build),

or because joints do not have good circulation, they will accumulate toxins. Loads, with the years more and more.

Many pathogens love cartilage too (Bb, candida, staphilococcus, etc), eat them up.

THe joints with trouble are all loaded with toxins before the infection, and get even dirtier, after infection.

Do you have arhtrosis somewhere?

Have you seen how many people doing bunionectomy?

Fully attacked arthrosis on the foot / toes!!

Most drs will not talk about the direct relation between arthritis and arthrosis: they think arthritis may be infectious, may be auto immune, and arthrosis is only a problem of metabolism.

The problem is that it is all probably one problem: infectious, then becomes or looks autoimmune, then becomes poor in cartilage and creates scar tissue: bones growing.

That is how I see it.

My lyme doctor said: arthritis and arthrosis have the same cause.

One thing is right: toxins in the joints are there before the first infection comes, before autoimmune attack starts.

Anyway, I'm getting a crazy reaction with candida on the skin, but mostly, it's my joints that are screaming of herxes, not the skin!

I started kimchi for my skin, but realized candida is in fact, in ALL MY JOINTS. I wonder which joints is candida free.

Most joints were symptomless though. Until these herxes, and now I realized I can move everything much better!

As for hot flushes: they are fully gone, as I think my body thinks it got young again!!

Sex drive is still around again, so I think my hormones are adjusting again to the time machine.

Yesterday I took both kimchi and cistus: both again knocked me down on the sofa.

I'm trying to figure out why do I have these strong detox reactions. I guess too much sulphur from kimchi, added with powerful antioxidants, metal chelators from cistus, did something like opening a Pandora box.

You know what I think? I think detox goes in WAVES or STEPS. My body decided to open a box that had been closed, full of harmful toxins. Now they are pouring off, with this double team cistus-kimchi.

Alone, either kimchi or cistus, are bearable.
Together, I feel like they hit me with a baseball bat.

I'm sure there is some synergistic effect on the detox side, that knocks me: a waterfall of toxins, I could even start eating raw eggs or eating butter like it were cheese,

... drinking all my omega 3 capsules, etc. Anything to get rid of those caustic toxins that feel like flowing from all over.

Brussels
Member # 13480

I decided to stop these stuff, and eat wheat, and candies, just to see.

Then I stayed almost 3 hours out in the freezing cold, my hands and feet were frozen...

Conclusion: candida is still here, and I flared! [bonk]

I just wanted to be sure I was not doing all that for no reason. So I'm back to no gluten, no added sugar (except my fruits), back to kimchi and cistus.

I can't stop doing these stuff, or I relapse!!

So Xmas will be WITH kimchi! [Razz]

I got to transport it in the car for 7 hours, I hope hubby won't toss it off the window...

Brussels
Member # 13480

Another update:
Since my last bad experience stopping kimchi and cistus, my candida came back (mainly on hands, though).

It's still not gone, and because of cold, I needed to add some things:

1.kimchi again 2x day

2. cistus (about 1x a day)

3. diet: no more sugar, and separating foods (carbs away from meat), no more gluten, trying to eat just ONE type of food at a time (easier to digest).

4. violet ray: using it more often on liver, gall bladder, gut and affected areas on the skin: great relief, like always.

5. Minerals (magnesium, other alkaline salts), 1x day or less

6. chlorella 2x day (or less)

Candida is under control like that again.

Electrosensitivy remains very low.

My energy is good (even during the flaring time, it remained good).

Allergies remain reduced.

electrosensitivity + allergies on the low range are indications that I may be going on the right way in the candida war. So I hope!!

Anyone else feeling anything with kimchi??

Brussels
Member # 13480

The candida is fully gone, for the moment.

Fully dormant as it does not react to cakes, alcohol, champagne, wine, not even wheat...

I stopped the cistus tea as I feel nothing much with it any longer.

I'm only on the kimchi, the violet ray (for liver toxins, as I do think candida dies...), some magnesium on and off, vit D3, sometimes some alkaline salts.

It's very cold now, my whole skin is peeling again (renewing after infection), but no flares, the skin is not red, my digestion is so good, I have energy until late in the evening.

My joints still feel oiled. I added also more avocados for helping to oil the skin.

I'm again, crossing my fingers.

Jan and Feb are supposedly my worst months with candida in the last 25-30 years. I never missed one year with Jan-Feb totally candida free.

My allergies are at the lowest. I'm eating so many fruits that I couldn't, due to allergies.

I do think it's greatly due to homemade kimchi.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Last news on my kimchi experience.

I am eating 2 batches of kimchi:
one at least 2 months old, one 2-3 weeks old.

The very old batch has a terrible acid taste, the younger is delicious (just a bit acid).

I ate the young kimchi for a week, stopped the old (for taste reasons).

I don't feel anything really changing in my body with the new kimchi (as i don't have active candida now, nor any chilblains despite strong cold).

The only thing I can say is that I need chlorella about 2-3 times a week, which means, there is some cleaning still going on. I'm sure it's because of sulphur.

The liver is less charged, I'm doing the violet ray about 1-2x week.

Yesterday I took the OLD batch again, and I had a rather strong reaction again: my right shoulder and even my left knee started being in pain. Rather strong.

My left knee was severely painful during lyme about 8-10 years ago. As I know infection becomes active where it's toxic, I'm sure my knee is still toxic.

The pain lasted about 24 hours after the old kimchi, now it is pretty much gone (95% gone).

I'll eat again the old batch this evening to see.

It does mean the old batch is acting on joints, either killing something there (herxes) or cleaning something (detox).

It's funny to see the big difference between young and old kimchi!!

Detox and herx pains are similar in joints, in my experience. I mean, taking mobilizers can cause the same (or even worse) pains than herx-pains.

Today, I had loose stools, which sort of matches with the picture of killing/ cleaning the joints.

There must be still some fights happening in my gut, to see which strains will colonize it.

I'm so happy to know that finally, the last piece of the infectious puzzle seem to be finally solved. This time: chronic candida.

I'm also amazed to see how much electro-sensitivity is linked to chronic candida / chronic infections. It's so low now, for me.

And that the allergy theory, that food allergies come from gut problems, dysbiosis, etc, seems to be true, indeed as my food allergies are slowly disappearing.

If candida does not come at all till the end of the winter (let's say, Feb-Mar), it will be a FIRST time in 25 years.

I'm eating a normal diet, with some sweets when I'm invited out, and eating fruits without any restriction now.

I'll go on like that, if I feel no return from skin candida /pernio...

I'm crossing fingers...

Brussels
Member # 13480

How to make your kimchi palatable?

I've been trying different things:

1) adding a lot of sesame seeds cancel a bit the acidity, plus gives your body good nutritional oils from seeds.

2) adding it AS a salad dressing is the best to cancel the acidity. I don't add anything else (no salt, no oil, no pepper, nothing, only green or other leaves 'seasoned' with kimchi on top)

The more BITTER the lettuce or other leaves you put to your salad, the best they taste with kimchi: both the bitter taste and acid taste gets milder and tastier.

3) add it to hot rice, it's not bad (but it will be still acid though, in my feeling).

4) add aromatic herbs, fresh if possible: parsley, basil, any fresh green herb before eating (it gives more variation to the kimchi taste).

5) adding oils to it (olive oil) also helps (kimchi has no added oils, that is why).

6) eating it with sweet veggies is also good: I like it with beetroot. It will make the acid and the spicy taste weaker.

If anyone has another ideas, I'm all ears.

Brussels
Member # 13480

An update:

For about 10 days, as I caught a light stomach bug, I stopped eating kimchi.

At about day 7, I felt my candida coming back.

Until then, it had been dormant since my last post above (about 95% gone, really, no diet, nothing!!).

I was still tired from fighting the tummy bug, so I didn't take kimchi.

Well, skin candida got worse, as I'm on a high fruit diet.

It was not too bad, but bad enough to require treatment (which for me, is mainly foot/hand baths, daily). Until I started flaring after my fruits....

then back to kimchi, since 2 days. Wow. Kimchi does kill my candida, I have no doubt.

Improvement comes in less than 24 hours. In the night, I had LITERAL HERXES in a joint (arm). I woke up in pain, about 2 times.

Now the joint feels oiled, so again, sort of symptom-less.

Skin candida is again back at low gear, no more flaring, despite my fruits.

I think I'm close to end the chapter of chronic candida, about 30 years of fight, more stubborn than lyme, without doubt.

The things that are working are:
1) kimchi, is certainly a great help, daily, about 2 table spoons.

2) my diet is gluten free, and recently, i started casein-free. Not sure it helps directly diminish the candida, but it helps my gut.

I just know that recently, last 6 months or so, I gained no more new food allergies, but on the contrary, my old food allergies (mainly apples, oranges, stuff like that) are disappearing, slowly, but surely.

The gut seems to be finally healing.

3) new change in diet: I am trying to eat less mixed things, like one meal mostly raw veggies; less grains but not grain-free; proteins just once a day, in limited amounts; introducing more and more cooked or raw fruits.

Separating food types (like no mixing citrus fruits with grains) makes me less hungry, I feel more nourished.

4) foot baths with strong salty solution (and vinegar) is still a must, because my circulation is not good and I need to take off toxins through the skin. About once a week, or twice a week, for 30 minutes minimum.

5) vital force tech product helped me to 'move' my chi better during winter, the only time I get these candida bouts.

I do some breathing exercises too, a bit like people that practice yoga or Taichi may do.

I feel warmth sometimes moving to the fingers and toes, where I get the candida problem.

6) I continue taking vit D3 in winter, taking chlorella when I need, doing the violet ray sometimes on liver when I feel my liver is getting stuck, still physically active (light jogging, swimming, long walks or cycling).

Stopping casein may have helped my body too, but it is too early to say....

Anyway, I just wanted to let it written here, for those with food allergies and candida. It can be frightening to have too many food allergies.

And when candida is VERY active, it can be hell.

I'm convinced that to turn candida to OFF mode, we need a side-way strategy, not attacking it frontally with drugs or candida killers. That is what I'm trying to do...

I'm already glad that this has been my best winter in the last 20 years, for sure, candida-wise.

And very glad that my allergy curve stopped rising, finally, and is now going downward. I really got afraid that I was not going to be able to ingest any fruit whatsoever soon.

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can you buy kimchi???

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement