LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » black specks

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: black specks
windingshores
Member # 48600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for windingshores     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello I am posting for a friend who originally had bird mites infesting her apartment and herself, 7 months ago.

Her symptoms of sensations of crawling continue, some biting on occasion, with some progress but also steps backward.

She applies things like sulfur, or Neem, or even kerosene, and gets black specks that emerge from her legs and feet (I have seen this), and also, when she bathes after these treatments,

hundreds of black specks and orange crystals are in the bath. She does not think she has Collembola.

Has anyone had these symptoms from ticks or other creatures? Thanks so much.

(breaking up the post for easier reading for many here)

[ 01-16-2017, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 54 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SickSam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SickSam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never had them, but the way you describe it reminds me of the "fibers" people with Morgellons say are coming out of their skin.
Posts: 748 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People with Morgellon's disease often get black specks coming out of their skin. See Image 27 at the site below:

http://gingersavely.com/morgellons-book/

These patients also get crystals coming out of them. See Image 32 for a picture of a crystal.

Morgellon's is a form of lyme disease. So, yes, you could get these symptoms from ticks. Birds are notorious for carrying ticks.

For this reason, people who want to avoid getting lyme over again are encouraged to get rid of all bird feeders in their yards.

Very few doctors know anything about Morgellon's. Very, very few. The best doctor for your friend to see is the one who wrote the book in the link I gave you.

She could definitely tell her if this is Morgellon's. And, she could treat her for it.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a video and he talks about helping people get over Morgellons:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2dc6BnRDqc

Also there is a new book out on it:
Morgellons: The legitimization of a disease: A Factual Guide by the World's Leading Clinical Expert Paperback – October 22, 2016
by Dr S

https://www.amazon.com/Morgellons-legitimization-disease-Factual-Clinical/dp/0997920025/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484014713&sr=8-1&keywords=morgellons

and

Natural Ways for Healing Mites and Morgellons: Information on Itchy & Irritated Skin Paperback – February 19, 2015
by Diane S. Olive (Author)

https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Ways-Healing-Mites-Morgellons/dp/1508426317/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=7YC4K1KJE1A22JRB9KKW

Hope that has some helpful info in it.
All the best to your friend!

(editing out name of LLNP)

[ 01-10-2017, 02:08 AM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
windingshores
Member # 48600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for windingshores     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks folks. She has been hoping it is not Morgellons. It is possible the bird mites brought something in with them, including Lyme.

I know that Morgellons sufferers are often desperate. And that few doctors accept or understand it. Thanks for the suggestions and the link.

Any other possible cause that anyone has run into?

Posts: 54 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mites can harbor borrriela and bartonella ,morgellons it thought to have roots in bartonella and fungus with borrelia and filarial , if its has a exo skeleton borax or d.e. may be of use .

i have bartonella bacilliformis and it has created acne vulgarus years ago with the black specks you describe under neath skin , they started coming out with hp iv and treatment with bvt and abx

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
windingshores
Member # 48600

Ok this is interesting. So both my friend and I were infested by bird mites from starlings' nests, she in California and me in Massachusetts. Her infestation started 7 months ago and mine started 6 months ago.

I got rid of all my possessions and moved around all summer and am now in a bare place with blow up bed and plastic chairs.

She is living with husband and son and furniture and carpet etc. and cannot do what I have been doing. She still has hundreds of black specks.

I am improving quite a bit but still get some bites and some crawling sensations at night.

I had Lyme disease in 2001 and was treated for 6 years. At some point, I had to decide to accept whatever symptoms I was left with and stop treatment. I am wondering if this situation is similar.

This is worse in some ways because it feels contagious and we are not sure if it is. I cannot have my daughters stay with me, which is hard.

Anyway, bird mites are in a filthy nest and then we saw them go into our pores. Ugh. Imagine what they are carrying, yes.

So I have been suspecting that the mites did indeed leave after a month, just as all the experts said, but left something behind. the question is what? and how to treat?

Believe me we have both tried everything. The list would be very long. She even recently tried kerosene.

I am considering seeking antibiotics. What are hp iv and treatment with bvt and which abx?

[ 01-16-2017, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Bird mites are known vectors of various pathogens in birds, livestock and humans. They can transmit disease causing organisms to the host, such as the virus of St Louis Encephalitis. The reports of human disease attributed to bird mites are rare, but they do occur.

There have been reports by some people of strange fibers on the skin and Morgellons symptoms that started after a mite infestation, but the link is vague and requires further research. Some with a long term mite infestation will test positive for Lyme disease.

It is hoped that at some point the CDC or NIH would take a closer look at human parasitosis and acariasis attributed to mite infestation."

http://www.birdmites.org/mites.html

"Some bird mites have been found to carry viral or rickettsial pathogens, but their significance as a vector for human infestation has not been demonstrated."

http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/content/cda-pubs-cdi-2003-cdi2702-htm-cdi2702k.htm

[ 01-16-2017, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
windingshores
Member # 48600

There is very little information on mite infestation of humans. Jane Ishka wrote a book about her "Year of the Mite." She is a biologist and located one researcher, only one.

Most experts, and I have consulted academic ornithology, entomology, infectious disease, and veterinary science, say that bird mites hang around for a maximum of 4 weeks and then leave human hosts, leaving bites but no infestation behind.

Mites are actually tiny ticks by the way.

I resisted the conventional story but am now thinking that the mites DID leave, and left something behind. But what?

Are the crawling sensations neurological residue? Or is some sort of organism living near nerve endings, under the skin?

I cannot see anything myself (my friend sees hundreds of black specks, but I have no such symptom). It seems unlikely anything actually IS crawling. Can I spread this to anyone?

Noone here can answer these questions. As a long time Lyme sufferer and breast cancer survivor, I can easily say this is the worst health condition I have experienced. But no one knows about it and it is like having Lyme in the early 60's.

(breaking this up for easier reading for many here)

[ 01-16-2017, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

windingshores
Member # 48600

What are hp iv and treatment with bvt and which abx?
windingshores
Member # 48600

bvt is bee venom treatment? hp is heparin?
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might try parasite meds. Morgellons popped up on biofeedback for me a few years ago, yet nothing showed on my skin. I wonder if the reason is because I treat parasites. Have you tried diflucan?

I wonder what Dr. K does for morgellons patients?

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya i was going to say alinia and ivermectin maybbe of use ...hp =h202
sent you a pm ..consider rife for both(lyme bart ) and to keep cancer at bay

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering .. what were you guys doing handling birds' nests?

I'm sure a doctor SOMEWHERE can help you two.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

You don't have to handle a bird's nest. If the nest is near your bedroom/bed, the mites will sense you and come after you.

"After being alerted to the diagnosis of bird mite infestation the author recalled that there was a starlings' nest under the eave of the roof about 3 metres from the bed, and that the young chicks had recently left the nest (as judged by the cessation of squawking that had accompanied the morning feeding of the chicks in the previous week). When the wall near the site of the nest was examined carefully, it was found to be covered with hundreds of tiny crawling animals of the same size as those found on the skin. They were collected, examined and found to be the same as those collected from the skin."

http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/content/cda-pubs-cdi-2003-cdi2702-htm-cdi2702k.htm

WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I've also seen that black specks coming out can be heavy metals. You can probably look it up.
Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TF .. That is so gross!! EEK!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Way2Go
Member # 49960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Way2Go     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi

I get the black specks coming out in bath water, also when I use my foot spa - warm water draws them out - also sometimes they come out of my fingers.

I also get the orange crystals in my bathwater and small orange "fuzzballs" and small grains of "sand" but white in colour, appearing on my skin, and tons of other stuff you don't want to hear about

I find that taking potassium permanganate baths helps a lot!

You mix a few grains of lab grade potassium permanganate in a glass (or ceramic) jug NOT metal and add water - it's a strong purple - and you add a little of that to the bathwater so that it goes pale pink.
Get in the bath at once, soak for around 20 minutes or until the water turns brown or (as can happen if you're detoxing) green.
You can shower it off if you like - I don't as the feel is soothing to my skin.

--------------------
Sufficient unto the day...

Posts: 7 | From Devon, England | Registered: Feb 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement