LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Help for GI stuff?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help for GI stuff?
6Hypnone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47629

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 6Hypnone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno why it's started up all the sudden. Nothing has really changed. I thoought it was the temp probiotic I was on while my other was out of stock, but I'm back on it and still issues.
Anyway, my ND has me on colocynthis (homeopathic).
Things I've read about are:

Homeopathics:
Arsenicum Alb
Nux V

Teas:
*Blackberry leaf (dia)-however, also read it may cause diarrhea in some cases (?)
*Sage (gas) (anti spasmodic)
*fennel (anti-spasmodic) [but fermentable carb fodmap, may cause gas; dont know if I'm fodmap sensitive]
*Chammomile
*ginger
*Cranberry (bloat)
*Rosemary (bloat)
*Holy Basil (Tulsi) (bloat, antidepressant)
*Licorice root (bloat)
*chai herbs (bloat)
*Pomegranate (bloat)
*bergamot, peppermint, cloves, dill, caraway, or thyme (bloat)

[I cannot have peppermint due to reflux]

Supp:
L Glutamine (tho my ND said that may not be wise if vit Bs are off, which mine are [B12 is way high, B6 low] so she suggested a food source, bone broth, which I've done for 2 days so far)

I bought some Sage tea, as thats the only one I could find (will try it tonight). I've tried ginger and cham before, I dunno that they did anything. Also have licorice, which had just yesterday and didnt stop anything.

Anything that has worked for you guys? I'm not sure what's causing it (tho I have an app Tues w/LL) so I can really only go by symptom relief. My GI is active and rumbly, some pain. Bloating.
GI was fine for a couple months, then its like this. Everyday.

Posts: 606 | From sw suburbs of chicago, Illinois | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jory
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jory     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This will sound wacky, but black pepper tea is a great solution for breaking up stagnant stomachs and busting bloat. Take a 1/2 tsp of black pepper and steep it in a cup of boiling water for 3-5 mins. Sip it slowly. Stuff should happen ^_^

Another idea: do the same thing but with ground cardamom pods in hot milk. This also offers positive effects to digestion and goes really well in coffee believe it or not. Tasty too.

These are "Rasayanas" in Ayurveda.

Edit: Here's some further light reading:
http://www.ayurveddoctor.com/health-benefits-of-black-pepper-herbs.html

[ 04-01-2017, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: jory ]

Posts: 289 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
6Hypnone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47629

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 6Hypnone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will this cause loose stools? B/c that's what I DON'T want. I want the opposite direction. [Smile]

And I'm off dairy.

Posts: 606 | From sw suburbs of chicago, Illinois | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jory
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jory     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No it shouldn't, I haven't experienced it.
Posts: 289 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
6Hypnone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47629

I have pepper and cardamom powder, but no pods
jory
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50029

The ground cardamom is probably of whole pods, it'll do fine.
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lycopodium fits your complaints better than Nux or Ars.
Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Colocynthis is for cramps where you want to bend double for relief.

Arseniscum is for terrible stomach pain similar to a severe food poisoning symptom picture. Arsenicum people tend to be chilly.

Nux will get indigestion 2 hours after eating and typically from a abuse of eating to rich of foods. Nux people tend to be chilly.

If you want to go in with a shotgun homeopathic approach- Gasalia by Boiron.

The baby colic remedies could be used by an adult too. There will be Colocynthis in there and if you do have cramping then Coloc. will help.

Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
6Hypnone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47629

Yeah I dont feel the colo. is doing much. Been trying the different teas (sage, pepper, cadiamom) so far nothing. Taking ACV.

Around the time this started (a month ago, tho not as bad as now) is when I doubled my Mag Citrate. However, also noticing light colored specks in stool about 15 days after the initial pains.

lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

"active and rumbly, some pain. Bloating"
Yeah, I think I'd give Lycopodium 30c a try.

6Hypnone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47629

I will def ask my ND when I go back (the one that rec'd the colo.) Have you tried them?
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Yes, [Smile]

[ 04-03-2017, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: lookup ]

6Hypnone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47629

After my LL appt today, they think it's the Doxy doing all this GI crap. So they put me on Mino instead. I will try that, and ask my ND later today about the other homeopathics.
LL also gave me an ayuverdic herb called Triphala for bloating.

bluelyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you treated parasites? ...giardia and ascaris took over after abx clear the way

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
6Hypnone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47629

Well I will be on Cloves and A-bart.
As well, I had a bad episode where the pain was really bad, I got sweaty and light headed.

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
L-Glutamine can help heal the gut lining, however, it may be best to start with a very tiny dose like 1/8 teaspoon - but even that can be dangerous for some with lyme

for those with neurological issues, be very careful with only the lowest dose possible (if other things do not first work). Here's why: too much can damage our nerve cells because of the myelin sheath compromise lyme causes.

It can also lower the seizure threshold severely. I found that out the hard way, over and over as it was not clear to me until I stumbled upon the articles in set below.

It can also make anxiety zoom to the moon. Same with tinnitus.

How? Below:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/113775?#000000

Topic: Amino Acid Information Link

See post: Caution: Aspartate; Glutamine; and Phenylalanine (3 excitatory amino acids that can be wrong for us when added as supplements, beyond a normal dietary level)

Seaweed has its own natural MSG (monosodium glutamate) and can be very excitatory
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
6Hypnone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47629

I'm not taking the supplement due to my ND said it may not be wise if my B-vits are out of balance (which they are). So I eat bone broth instead.
Last thing I need is nerve damage [Frown]
My LL even gave the go ahead for L glut. I swear I have to police everything she tells me.

6Hypnone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47629

A friend of mine says Doxy damages the gut. Wonderful. So why would so many docs Rx it then? Though this particular friend tends to be very negative.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All antibiotics damage the gut .. but so does Lyme.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All antibiotics ruin the gut because they kill good bacteria. People think that it's easy to replenish the good bacteria, but it's really not. It's very difficult . This is why people sometimes end up doing fecal transplants.
Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
6Hypnone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47629

So what's the answer? Another friend does ok even on years of abx. Am I just not on enough probiotics?
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I THOUGHT I was taking enough probiotics, but I wasn't.

I would suggest buying one of Custom Probiotics' products.

The D-lactate Free is super stuff.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
6Hypnone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47629

I would love to. My LL doc seems to thing the one I'm on is the only one I can have (Klaire Labs Detox). I got some Sac B and they said NOOO.
I will look those up though.

My ND suggested a "tea" called Teeccino, which has inulin. Also said fermented foods are not nec bad if you have candida (which i do)--my LL doc was against anything fermented.

Xelaetaks
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xelaetaks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Keebler:
-
L-Glutamine can help heal the gut lining, however, it may be best to start with a very tiny dose like 1/8 teaspoon - but even that can be dangerous for some with lyme

for those with neurological issues, be very careful with only the lowest dose possible (if other things do not first work). Here's why: too much can damage our nerve cells because of the myelin sheath compromise lyme causes.

It can also lower the seizure threshold severely. I found that out the hard way, over and over as it was not clear to me until I stumbled upon the articles in set below.

It can also make anxiety zoom to the moon. Same with tinnitus.

How? Below:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/113775?#000000

Topic: Amino Acid Information Link

See post: Caution: Aspartate; Glutamine; and Phenylalanine (3 excitatory amino acids that can be wrong for us when added as supplements, beyond a normal dietary level)

Seaweed has its own natural MSG (monosodium glutamate) and can be very excitatory
-

Interesting to read this becaus ea few years ago a lyme doctor recommended taking L Glutamine and it gave me the worst headache ever with a very distinct feeling in certain parts of my head and I haven't bothered taking it since.

I get a similar kind of headache from vitamin b12 oddly enough.

Posts: 135 | From USA | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
6Hypnone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47629

Mine said it was ok to take too, and after reading that and talking to my ND, I dont think I'll take it...I'll stick to the Bone Broth.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement