LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone experienced heart problems with Lyme?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone experienced heart problems with Lyme?
alexkfiore
Member # 50671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexkfiore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes my heart is beating out of my chest I raced to the hospital and of course right when I walk in the door it stopped I've never had my heart race this much I have had a panic attack before but this does not feel like a panic attack I feel like my heart rate is always very fast especially walking up the stairs my resting heart rate is almost 80 sometimes even more I'm only 26 years old so the doctorS aren't taking it seriously I'm getting palpatations, this is the most concerning symptom I have I'm afraid it's going to stop sometime

[ 07-24-2017, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: alexkfiore ]

Posts: 32 | From Orange County, CA | Registered: Jul 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenotlite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's called lyme carditis. I was always wondering whether I would stroke out, especially at night in bed.
Posts: 705 | From WA state | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alexkfiore
Member # 50671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexkfiore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it harmful ?
Posts: 32 | From Orange County, CA | Registered: Jul 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SickSam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SickSam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tachycardia (fast heart rate) is common in Lyme patients. It's not necessarily carditis; it could be dysautonomia, or an endocrine abnormality, or any number of other things caused by Lyme.

The good news is, it's usually not harmful, just really scary, and gets better with treatment. (: Do have a thorough evaluation though, just to rule out any actually heart problems.

I was 28 when my health fell apart, I understand where you're coming from. My heart symptoms have definitely been the scariest.

Posts: 748 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Can worsen heart rhythm issues:

Caffeine, Processed meats / sausages, any stimulating Rx, supplements and some foods [avoid anything that promises a boost in energy - Adrenal SUPPORT is best, not any kind of rocket fuel boosting

- and avoid salad bars at restaurants for they often add nitrites &/or sulfites that can alter heart rhythm]-- & many food additives, preservatives and processed foods:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=029690;p=0

Excitotoxins; MSG; Aspartame; & "Natural" Flavors (that are not likely natural at all).

Check all supplements and assess diet (and anything that comes into our bodies for:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/113775?#000000

Topic: Amino Acid Information Link

See post: Caution: Aspartate; Glutamine; and Phenylalanine (3 excitatory amino acids that can be wrong for us when added as supplements, beyond a normal dietary level)

Seaweed has its own natural MSG and can be very excitatory
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
of course, it is absolutely vital that you work with a true LLMD & that they know all about this. Addressing the CAUSE:

1. Check all Rx and OTC you take for sometimes, heart rhythm changes are side effects
&

2. lyme or other infections that can go with it is important for direct & assertive action also with key support methods such as:

3. Basic support for both lyme-induced anxiety / panic and the heart, too:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=123746;p=0

Topic: MAGNESIUM - Informational Links set

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/89790

Topic: NATURAL SLEEP & ADRENAL SUPPORT
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Also can be good support:

HAWTHORN LINKS

http://oneearthherbs.squarespace.com/important-herbs/hawthorn-crataegus-pinnatifida.html

Chapter from The One Earth Herbal Sourcebook (Tillotson, et.al.)

HAWTHORN (Crataegus pinnatifida)

http://www.tahomadispensary.com/store/8238%21197/Hawthorne+Solid+Extract+8oz

Hawthorne Solid Extract - 8oz - Wise Woman Herbals $67.

Crataegus spp. (hawthorn) berry extract in a base of certified kosher vegetable glycerine and honey. Concentration 4:1

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/10/24/hawthorn-berry-benefits.aspx

Hawthorn Berry for Your Heart

By Dr. Joseph Mercola - October 24, 2016

PubMed Search [always search both common name and botanical name for any herb]:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Crataegus%2C+cardiovascular

Crataegus, cardiovascular - 150 abstracts

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Hawthorn%2C+cardiovascular

Hawthorn, cardiovascular - 225 abstracts
-

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
went to visit friend in Oklahoma this weekend. I've been short of breath, nauseous, weak, dizzy and have a dry chronic cough abd bad heart palps.

they asked me how long I'd been coughing and I said months, dr said it's bronchitis.

he said I had those exact same symptoms including cough before I had triple bypass. you need to go to cardio and get checked out.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrsfarmer
Member # 50042

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrsfarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have those same exact things alexkfiore. I could have written what you wrote, exactly.

It is still my most severe symptom and the one that is most troublesome. I worry about it.

It was so bad at one point (before being diagnosed with lyme disease), that they actually hooked me up to a defibrillator I had to wear.

When the symptoms started the echocardiogram showed the left ventricle (sends blood out to the rest of the body) was working at 20% capacity.

My cardiologist said if I wasn't so healthy to begin with I would have suffered a deadly heart attack.

The last 4 echocardiograms showed nothing wrong and that everything was functioning fine. All other heart tests show nothing wrong.

My cardiologist doesn't know why tests aren't showing anything out of the ordinary if I am still having similar symptoms. I haven't been the same since when it started 2 years ago.

Sometimes if something scary and sudden happens (like witnessing an accident that almost happened) my heart rate rises so high and I can't get it down. It makes me want to pass out.

I fear a heart attack when that happens. I hope as I get further into treatment that will become less and less.

I just started month 5 of treatment, so I know I have a ways to go. If it doesn't resolve if I see all other symptoms go, then I know it must be something else.

Posts: 74 | From over here | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I have had heart rhythm problems and tacchycardia for a few years now and at one stage it was seriously out of control, but there has been some improvement since I have been on Bisoprolol (heart-specific beta blocker).

I had previously tried hawthorn and coQ10 but without success (though I still take the latter).

Certain dietary things, especially sugar, definitely worsen the palpitations, tacchycardia and arrythmias in my case.

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alexkfiore
Member # 50671

quote:
Originally posted by ukcarry:
Yes, I have had heart rhythm problems and tacchycardia for a few years now and at one stage it was seriously out of control, but there has been some improvement since I have been on Bisoprolol (heart-specific beta blocker).

I had previously tried hawthorn and coQ10 but without success (though I still take the latter).

Certain dietary things, especially sugar, definitely worsen the palpitations, tacchycardia and arrythmias in my case.

SO do you think it is a permanent problem due to lyme?
alexkfiore
Member # 50671

quote:
Originally posted by ukcarry:

SO do you think it is a permanent problem due to lyme?
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suppose not permanent, if permanent damage has not been done yet.

Many too many lyme sufferers have problems with heart rhythm, chest pain, air hunger etc. I had that all too, but it's all gone since lyme is gone.

Babs cause pretty bad air hunger.

Lyme increased my blood pressure too. Now it's also gone.

I think lyme treatment, in my case, plus dental treatment (cavitations) did the whole job of fixing these heart rhythm / tension problems.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do think that Lyme in the broader sense (ie more than just borrelia) is the likely culprit.

I have been ill for a very long time, only diagnosed in 2008 and have so far not responded to treatment, but I suspect that Brussels is right when she says that successful treatment may reverse these symptoms.

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement