LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Essential Oils

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Essential Oils
Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are the top 5 essential oils that fight B. burgdoferi.

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fmed.2017.00169/full

Posts: 2982 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rivendell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for posting this.

--------------------
Herbal Treatments for Lyme and Co-Infections:
http://buhnerhealinglyme.com
http://www.tiredoflyme.com/the-cowden-protocol-for-lyme-disease.html http://www.sinomedresearch.org http://www.lymenet.org/SupportGroups/

Posts: 1358 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just don't overdo them. And don't buy the cheap stuff. Too many chemicals.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
terv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really interesting. I have some of those in my huge drawer of unused supplements. I have never been clear as to how to use the oils. For instance

How many drops?

How many drops per tablespoon of oil?

Do you ingest it? Or rub it on some body part and which body part?

I dont think my stomach can handle the oregano.

I found the clove one interesting. Whenever I add it to coconut oil for oil pulling (thrush) in my mouth everything gets worse.

My personal experience with doTerra was that the lady was more than willing to sign me up but I got no support from her. Just told me to go look it up in the book they supply.

I haven't read the full article yet so maybe these things are addressed.

Posts: 834 | From Somewhere | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do NOT ingest any oils that are not of HIGH QUALITY. (Young Living or doTerra) .. but even then, I would NOT .. not after my experience.

They ALL have chemicals .. they are processed/extracted with chemicals. I know YL grows all their plants on organic/clean soils... I don't trust other companies.

You can over-sensitize yourself and then you have H*** to pay.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
koo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for koo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I apply topically, anywhere from a 10-25% ratio.

I like Hopewell Essential Oils. I use Top Gun to help with Lyme, Absolve for candida, Vitality for hormones, and Digestive Support.

After reading BartenderBonne's link I look forward to trying wintergreen.

Posts: 478 | From Third Coast | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some oils will burn the throat if you ingest, very very caustic (even the pure ones).

I would rub them, on lymph nodes, organs...

And use a carrier oil to help them go inside.

On the lymph, joints... some oils do act fast!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rivendell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rub tham on body, especially areas where have symptoms or lyme/bart rashes. Dilute with oil, such as organic olive oil.

I have to really dilute them, because they can be overwhelming. Some people can handle stronger doses than others. Do not take internally.

Rubbing on bottoms of feet makes absorbtion better, but so far, this is too mach for my body.

I rub the diluted essential all over my body and concentrate on the areas with lyme/bart problems.
I'm avoiding the bottom of feet until later. Hopefully some day I can handle that much absorbion.

--------------------
Herbal Treatments for Lyme and Co-Infections:
http://buhnerhealinglyme.com
http://www.tiredoflyme.com/the-cowden-protocol-for-lyme-disease.html http://www.sinomedresearch.org http://www.lymenet.org/SupportGroups/

Posts: 1358 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DO NOT EAT OR INGEST !
Posts: 2982 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
terv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my arsenal of oils

Coriander (sold to me because of gut)
Oregano oil
clove

I was also sold

doTerra On Guard
doTerra Aromatherapy.

My acupuncturist says she think my problem is toxin buildup possibly in lymph in my jaw area (back of neck and running under jaw). I have a lot of pain in this area. When she treats it I have drainage that lasts 2 days.

Would any of these help with detox of this area?

The paper suggests the clove and oregano may be helpful in the killing of lyme so I at least have something that may help without having to buy yet another thing.

Posts: 834 | From Somewhere | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terv, I hope you are NOT a beginner on CHELATION and BINDERS.

Even healthy people can feel TERRIBLE just by smelling cilantro ESSENTIAL OIL. I'm not talking about the tincture, of course.

my husband almost fainted, and he's pretty strong, not ill, energetically.

I LOVED cilantro oil. If you sniff, it will (I think) liberate heavy metals from their hiding places, send them loose, and you need binders to avoid replacing the metals somewhere else (and watch out for HEADACHES).

If you are not a beginner, and know your binders, and have many alternatives in case things go bad, you can open the bottle of cilantro and even sniff that stuff. Or rub.

I would NOT ingest.

Rubbing, as said above, can cause BIG reactions, contrary to what people think (ingestion is not as good to reach joints, for example, or the lymph, while rubbing goes much faster).

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Oregano oil and clove are ANTIMICROBIALS. Expect some die off.

Oregano may burn the SKIN if you don't dilute. Both are strong.

Cilantro never burned me, but I like diluting everything a bit, and using carrier oils help to DELIVER the active molecules of these essential oils much better than if you don't use carrier oils.

I don't know ON Guard.
I hope you have a good experience with Aromatherapy.

Some mixes of essential oils for aromatherapy feel AMAZINGLY GOOD. It's almost like your SOUL can relax!! [Big Grin]

ilovedogs
Member # 48866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ilovedogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never tried the oregano oil.

My family all use Do terra on guard. It is said to help fight "environmental threats" I believe. My college age sons take it and feel it does help keep them healthier when everyone else is sick in the dorms.

Posts: 88 | From new england | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
terv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29410

How does you son use on guard?

While I have been at this for a while, I am a beginner in chelation and binders. For the last 7 years I have had chronic constipation. Those two words signify detoxing through poop. I already had problems with stuff being reabsorbed and didn't want to add to it by making myself even more constipated, if that was possible.

If I google detox lymph I get all different answers as to which oils to use. I guess everyone has their own solution so I need to find mine with the oils I have. Besides the ones mentioned above, I also have lemongrass

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Oh my, just found this. . .

Absolutely everything you need to know about oils and dosage.

Copy and paste this, as it's loaded with invaluable information.

https://articles.mercola.com/herbal-oils.aspx

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

to terv

Lymph drain or detox doesn't have to cost any money.
There are so many ways to get the lymph system draining.

Here are a few. . .

https://juicing-for-health.com/how-to-drain-your-lymphatic-fluids

P.S. I bought a mini trampoline at a garage sale for 10.00 $
But I have vertigo. So I set it up against my bedroom wall and door. This way I can hold onto door and not worry have to worry about falling down. You do not need to bounce aggressively, just nice slow baby bounces. Good luck.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Bonnie, thank you for the Mercola link!

I see cardamon oil listed there.

I use and used cardamon seeds (I buy it in seeds or grounded, like pepper) in food.

for me, I have no doubt this helps my lymph, and it warms the body (mercola also said it warms the body).

You can see he says it helps asthma, coughs, whooping cough, skin bacterial infections.

When I tested cardamon energetically about 11-12 years ago, when I was fighting babesia, it tested good against it (it helps to fight the dormant forms of babesia, according to my tests).

Since then, I never stopped using cardamon in food and coffee or tea, as it tastes wonderful, in my opinion. It helps digestion too!

terv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29410

Thank you for all those links! The video in the juicing for health one was exactly what I needed.

Plus the mercola. So informative

I have a mini trampoline from my kids. It is under a table in the basement. I need to pull it out.

Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme248     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone suggested using DMSO to help essential oils get absorbed. It doesn't really sound like a good idea to me. Has anyone tried it?

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

Inside every sick person is a well person waiting to be freed

Posts: 232 | From new england | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ilovedogs
Member # 48866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ilovedogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terv-we have the On Guard capsules. They take them at first sign of feeling sick.
Posts: 88 | From new england | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onebeed
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for onebeed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread mentions not to ingest the essential oils. What about the oils from Young Living that are supplement grade? The Vitality line?
Posts: 142 | From Midwest | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ilovedogs
Member # 48866

I have friends, with lyme, who swear by DoTerra Oils. They do ingest. I am too scared so have never tried it.
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Almost all high quality essential oils clearly state on the bottle, do not ingest.

Do people ingest anyways ? Of coarse they do.
Personally I would never ingest. Why would you have to ?
Dilute with carrier oil, vitiamin E oil or olive oil, and rub on skin works really well. I put 10 drops oregano oil into my 4 oz bottle of vitamin E bottle, which lasts me a couple of months.

Essential oils are very potent. You would be surprised !
Many trial and errors when I first started.

Now I have my infuser going in my house. I add 5 drops oil of oregano into 6 oz water. I have this one, which automatically shuts itself off,

https://www.puritan.com/spa-room-brand-1046/ppwhite-spa-mist1oth-012574?scid=40918&cmp=gpl-_-aromatherapy-_-012574%20Spa%20Room&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIz86LoOjA1wIVTSOBCh2uhgzwEAQYDiABEg J0tvD_BwE

onebeed
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for onebeed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bartenderbonnie:
[QB] Almost all high quality essential oils clearly state on the bottle, do not ingest.

I was asking specifically about the "Vitality" SUPPLEMENT essential oils from Young Living that are intended to be ingested. These are different from their regular essential oil line. Still wouldn't ingest these? It doesn't say not to ingest them on the bottle because they are supposed to be ingested. They are a supplement.

Posts: 142 | From Midwest | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

If these are the products you mention, Onebeed...

https://www.youngliving.com/en_US/products/vitality

The website says you can eat them...

BUT I wonder if they are the old 'traditional type' of essential oils, made the traditional way (distillation)...

Real essential oils are EXTREMELY strong, in general. Even lavender... And they usually taste way too strong, if used pure.

There are other extraction methods, but the ones I used, were through distillation (too strong to be ingested, mostly).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_oil

It could be that these young living oils are done through other methods? but still called essential oils??

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Onebeed,

According to their website, they make 2 separate products of essential oils. One is strictly for rubbing on skin or diffusing.
And the other is for ingesting.

I would absolutely ingest their Vitality product. Although it does say to place in food or smoothie. Or to put in capsule.

It doesn't say the process or strength of their methods but I would start slow and maybe let us know your results ?

https://www.youngliving.com/en_US/discover/essential-oil-safety

onebeed
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46620

OK, thanks. I have some of the vitality oils but have not tried them yet because I was kind of freaked out by this thread. I will go low and slow and let you know.
WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WakeUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent thread--- so glad scientists have finally begun testing essential oils against borrelia-- in vitro.

Great and AMAZING results similar to daptomycin (Cubicin) for Oregano oil, Cinnamon Verum oil and Clove Oil-- and the biofilm eradication results for these oils are truly positive!!

I recently ingested up to 3 drops of Oregano Essential oil-- the expensive wild stuff called P73-- available at Vitamin Shoppe or online. I drank it with a lot of water- and I was fine-- it just tasted like strong spaghetti sauce!!!.

One naturopath claims to have cured himself of Lyme simply with the wild P73 Oregano oil. I think he may have drank the entire small bottle of oil-- but now he recommends ingesting up to ten drops, multiple times a day for a week.

Several years ago, I also drank a a fair amount of cheaper Oregano oil (probably 1/8 teaspoon) --- don't know if this was related, but that night I had a partially collapsed vitreous in my eye during a hot bath. I am in my 60s though, so this does happen, and it was after a very long flight -- it resulted in one large floater in the eye, but still I think ingesting essential oils must be treated CAREFULLY-- especially cheap ones with solvent type chemicals.. Never ingest a cheap oil.

Here is the guy, Dr. Cass Ingram, who claims to have gotten cured with the pure wild Oregano Oil (P73) (850 drops in a bottle-- well before the recent scientific results on essential came out). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9wcGHQ0PYg

If I am not mistaken, I think he took 10 drops of the edible wild oregano oil (p73) in water which he drank several times a day-- every day for a week)) plus Oregaarest, Oregamax, and Oregano Juice ( although I think he still has some residual knee pain today:

"In my case the oil of wild oregano in a super-strength form proved invaluable, as did the wild oregano crude herb plus Rhus coriaria."

This is Dr. Ingram's minimal protocol:

--oil of edible wild oregano in a SuperStrength (P73) form, available at Vitamin Shoppe): 10 drops in repeated doses daily, ideally under the tongue (Here, I think just to be safe, I would start with ONE or TWO drops in a large glass of water for a few days, and work up a week later if it is tolerated...) just to be safe, since this stuff has had no human testing yet!!!

--Crude wild oregano capsules (Oregarest capsules -- dried oregano, sage, cumin and cinnamon pulverized in capsules)
--Rhus coriaria, organic garlic, and organic onion: three capsules multiple times daily
-Juice of wild Oregano
--Boneactive capsules
--Orregamax
--Raw hemp extract

Posts: 696 | From New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Product P73 oregano oil

Well, the recommendation of this oregano oil is 2 drops NON-DILUTED, but pure on the tongue.

That MEANS it is NOT UNDILUTED (PURE) ESSENTIAL OIL of OREGANO.

If you try direct ingestion of PURE ESSENTIAL OIL of OREGANO, I promise you, you will NEVER forget that experience!! [bonk]

Pure essential oil of oregano literally will burn your mouth and throat!!

So this is NOT a pure essential oil of oregano, probably diluted, probably not EVEN an essential oil.

It does not mean this is bad, but that this is NOT essential oil. Take 10 drops of the pure essential oregano oil, I'm not sure your lungs will survive!!! [Big Grin]

If you just raise your oregano in your garden, take some leaves of it, put in oil, and let it take the taste of it, you'll also have OREGANO FLAVORED OIL, and that will PROBABLY have anti bacterial properties.

It tastes good in salad sauce or pizza.

same as if you do teas, decoctions etc with oregano leaves.

But in NO CASE, ingest pure ESSENTIAL OIL.
Know the difference.

I ingest many alternative and crazy things to experiment, but ONCE I just put a drop of one essential oil on my tongue

....(and it was not a super strong oregano or thymian, but a milder plant),...

... but that was the first and last time EVER!!

WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WakeUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks-- so the P73 Oregano oil is not essential oil, but it is (EDIT HERE--- label says it is a proprietary mix of OLIVE oil and pure OREGANO oil) You're right though-- It is not too wise to play around with ingesting pure undiluted essential oils, but the in vitro studies above for Oregano, Clove bud and Cinnamon Verum oils are extremely promising!!

Real scientists (NOT big pharma scam artists) just need to do some clinical studies with real patients on Oregano, Cinnamon and Clove Bud oils.

I took 3 drops of the Oregano p73 oil in a large glass of water this morning and it was fine for me-- just tasted like spaghetti sauce and went down very easily-- did not burn at all and was fine.

But yesterday, I took 1 drop each of Young living/ Simplers ESSENTIAL clove and cinnamon oil mixed in a cup of coffee-- was hoping to be able to make a Chai tea with a drop of these oils--- and it definitely burned a tiny bit-- even diluted in the coffee, but I am fine.

I think I will dilute 1 drop of cinnamon oil with one drop of clove bud oil, with 20 drops of olive and try one or two drops of these two, again in my coffee or tea for a chai effect.

20 to one is the dilution recommended by the online Cinnamon oil fanatics who claim that Cinnamon oil cures lyme.

I routinely take 2 or 3 drops of PURE essential organic LEMON oil (Young Liiving or Simplers Botanicals) in my iced tea and it is absolutely delicious. Young living also has a fabulous Citrus blend of pure essential oils that tastes great in Sangria..or Goji juice--- again just 1 or 2 drops does it.)

One morgellons patient supposedly got completely cured in 3 days from taking 3 drops each of the following (I think it may have been Simplers Botanicals essential oils, but not sure), 3 times a day for three days: Oregano; Red Thyme, Lemon, Rosemary, Clove Bud, Cinnamon Verum-- mixed in a huge amount of water for dilution.

I am afraid to try this, because just one drop of the cinnamon and the clove essential oil mixed in water do burn-- and 3 drops is a lot!! But diluted 20 to 1 in Olive oil, maybe I will try 3 diluted drops in Chai Tea--- if my skin symptoms get much worse.... It does taste great!!

I would rather be dead than covered in skin sores-- sad to say.

[ 11-30-2017, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: WakeUp ]

Posts: 696 | From New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

Oh-- yeah-- the P73 Wild oregano oil label says that it is a proprietary mix of Olive oil AND pure oregano oil-- so probably that is the 20 to one mix (20 drops of olive with one drop of pure oregano oil)-- though it has a very strong smell of oregano.

I just drank 4 more drops of the P73 oregano/olive oil mix in a large glass of water. Gonna try to drink it three times a day for a week-- and do this once a month-- though I doubt this is a clinical dose as described in the study above. I may "up" the dose to ten drops in a glass of water.

It does seem as though my sinuses (biofilm) have cleared nicely since I drank the 3 drop dose this morning...

onebeed
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46620

OK, I tried the Young Living Vitality oils. I tried to put one drop of each in a capsule, but ended up getting some of the oil on the outside of the capsule, and let me tell you it is STRONG stuff. I can feel it hitting my gut too. I got the three oils recommended by Dr. H in his Facebook post - Clove, Cinnamon Bark, and Oregano. These are recommended for the cyst form of Lyme. I am going to try this for awhile instead of Flagyl, which I am having a hard time tolerating.
terv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29410

I would be careful with the oregano. I have read in multiple places where people's stomachs were made so much worse after taking oregano.

I bought clove for my white coated tongue. I assume it is thrush but it isnt real bad. It is supposed to be good for candida. I put a tiny amount with coconut oil and used it for oil pulling. My tongue got so much worse. I assume it was because it was killing what little good stuff i have. I now just use plain coconut oil with much greater success.

Maybe I shouldn't gave been using it for oil pulling?

Something I have never really understood about these oils and their anti-bacterial properties is that wouldn't they also kill the beneficial bacteria?

Lymetoo
Member # 743

It needs to be diluted .. but I wouldn't even do that.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Essention Oils and Antifungal Activity

https://res.mdpi.com/pharmaceuticals/pharmaceuticals-10-00086/article_deploy/pharmaceuticals-10-00086-v2.pdf?filename=&attachment=1

"EO's can deactivate the fungus by disrupting the structure and foundation of the membranes of fungus cells. EO's represent one of the most promising natural products for fungal inhibition. EO's obtained from different plants and herbs have intense Antifungal properties such as stopping microbial growth and biofilm development."

EO's that cause disruption of cell wall, fungal mitochondria, and biofilms are ;

Citrus/Citronella
Black cumin seed
Thyme
Lemongrass
Oregano
Cinnamon
Peppermint/Menthol
Tee Tree
Eucalyptus
Ginger grass
Clove

"Eucalyptus exhibits a potentially superior Antifungal agent compared to the conventional drug Fluconazole. Eucalyptus and Peppermint EO's exerted a metabolic interference in Candia biofilm."

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement