LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Update! I have SIBO Officially!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Update! I have SIBO Officially!
tricia386
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello friends! I am back! I have been living a very normal life for the past 3 years doing well on supplements etc. I still talk to my LLMD once a year I feel very lucky!

Anyways! I have a question it seeems like I have some gut issues going on.

Backstory. I was in Greece for vacation prior to going I got a cold and they gave me a z pak just in case. I would say half way through the trip I had a lot of bloating etc but chalked it up to eating a lot.

Then two days before the trip ended I got a uti and took Macrobid.

Returned to the states and self treated I know! I was doing L-glutamine, peppermint oil and digestive enzymes garlic.

I started to turn the corner on Tuesday night I went and work out. Came home and stomach was off again and off all night night and the next day. The next day I didn’t think have much of an appetitie, when I did go to the eat I had extreme pain and burning I thought I was going to vomit I had taken a digestive anzyme and peppermint oil.

Anyways called my LLMD he says gut dybosis but not sure if SIBO or CANDIDA. So doing a stool test.

Symptom:
In the morning lots of burping feels like acid
Loss of appetite
Pain and bloating upper abdomen
Lots of burping
Insomnia and some anxiety

My question is how do you know if it’s SIBO or Candida anyone have any insights? Thanks!!

[ 09-28-2018, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: tricia386 ]

--------------------
Lyme activated in April 2010 by gardasil vaccine.
DX: Lyme,Babs,Myco,Bart 11/10
Treatment Started: 3/28/11

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The most likely would be candida since it began after two rounds of antibiotics.

Garlic would be an issue for me when it comes to acid reflux.

I would also be careful about ingesting essential oils.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's my recollection from watching gut summits that one of the symptoms of SIBO is difficulty in tolerating fermented foods like sauerkraut, that people just don't feel comfortable when they eat fermented foods, even though such foods are supposed to be good for gut bacteria.

Candida is usually a craving for sugar and bread, since the yeast want the sugar. It can be tested for in blood and stool.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just don’t know what it is. I have this burning in and pain in my stomach also awful time sleeping and anxiety...
It’s crazy! I was doing so well for 3 years how this [Frown]

--------------------

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do a spit test but I don't know how accurate it is.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Wow! Looking back at my posts from April 2015. It seems I had the same thing going on Gut Dybosis took about a month or so to clear and symptoms abate. Ugh!

--------------------

tricia386
Member # 29623

Ugh!

I cant! I was great for three years now this. I am scared its Lyme and co-infections again and I just cant go down that road! I am so sacred

Symptoms
Loss of appepite
When I eat it burns- anxiety increases after I eat
Coughing like im going to throw up but nothing comes up
Anxiety
Insomina
Chills

Doing a stool test can GUT Dybosis or SIBO really do all this.

Looking back on my past posts from April 2015 it sounds very similar...just scared

--------------------

Told you I was sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Told you I was sick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tricia...

Don’t forget about H. Pylori/chronic gastritis, etc. Bartonella loves to irritate the lining of the GI system, and perhaps this, or another infection with an affinity for the gut, has reared its ugly head in you as well.

Yes, with your recent usage of abx the most obvious choices are the gut dysbiosis and candida. However, let’s not forget too, that now having retreated your other issues with the abx, you may have also inadvertently ‘poked the TBD bear’ so-to-speak.

That’s definitely a real occurrence. I had a similar issue happen following re-treatment of Babesia this past winter (it made a mess of other infections that had been more tempered down). Also remember this: as we now well know that monotherapy for TBD can actually strengthen the bugs (train the bacterial organisms to grown drug-resistant), you may have actually waded into that territory, to boot.

Good thing that you are being worked up for your symptoms at this time. Keep us posted!

Best to you,
Told you...

Posts: 315 | From Negative (-) to positive (+) | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

So my LLMD really thinks I have GUT Dybosis and SIBO again. But running tests.

I started drinking garlic and symptoms that hev improved:
anxiety
Bloating after eating
Gas
Nausea
Insomina

Symptoms Left
Blurred Vision
Weakness
Muscle Twitches
Muscle Weakness

Those who have suffered from SIBO and Gut Dybosis
Did you experience symptoms other than stomach issues?

--------------------

unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure445     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sibo would require antimicrobial herbs or antibiotics. Have you taken any yet?

--------------------
unsure445

Posts: 824 | From northeast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Well I started garlic and it seems to be helping.

I am still loosing weight...do you loose weight with Sibo?

--------------------

tricia386
Member # 29623

The Doc called today...I have sibo.

Starting me on Xifixan....any suggestions?

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watch your diet to reduce the chance of getting yeast from the xifaxin.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement