LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What we're Doing That Works -- SHE'S BETTER!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What we're Doing That Works -- SHE'S BETTER!!
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Icon 10 posted      Profile for orion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Our daughter is 15, got bit at 13, went undiagnosed for 7 months, by that time it had gone neuro. Been on abx since then, even seen Dr. Jones (and we're in California). It's been up and down. Seizure activity, a headache for 2 years, unable to go to school for the most part. Friends gone like roaches when the light goes on. Life has been the bedroom, the bathroom, and the couch.

We're bleeding financially, all of us beaten down (and winning the Ironic Award, in trying to find out what was making her sick I took her to the east coast for help and I was bitten and infected), and deeply concerned about the long-time use of abx on the immune system of a young person.

Through an almost mystical coincidence, I was put in touch with a local man who used to be a rocket scientist at Rocketdyne. He got interested in health when at 83 his mother became ill. He figured out that oxygen kills pathogens, and so (I am not kidding here) he built her a hyperbaric tank.

He also figured out other ways of oxygenating the body at less expense and trouble, so that is what we are doing, and I wouldn't be posting here if it wasn't close to a miracle at this point. I am doing it as well, and the results are incredible: I'm off the abx, and I feel great. Our daughter is still on the abx and doing incredible. Her life is coming back. It makes me cry to even type it here.

So here's what it is -- ozone therapy.

Ozone is unstable oxygen, O3. It's more therapeutic than O2, if you can get it. But you don't want to breathe it as it damages lung tissue, and that's why it's a problem in air quality. But you can get it through your skin.

The rocket scientist had me get 3 pieces of equipment: a steam sauna tent, an oxygen concentrator, and an ozone generator. All of these items are available on ebay, new or used, and you can get all three of them for 600-1200, depending. For what this does, it is NOTHING in terms of cost.

You set it up this way: the steam sauna tent is a modern version of the old hard-shell steam cabinets where your neck and head stick out. You zip yourself in and the steampot on the outside pumps steam in, and you cook. This on it's own is good-- hypothermia kills bugs. I have ours outside our bedroom, and we get a breeze sometimes (or I point an electric fan in the direction of the steamer's head).

Then, in the bedroom, the oxygen contentrator lives with the ozone generator (which is smaller) sitting on top of it. The output of the concentrator (which is pure oxygen) is fed through a plastic tube into the slightly modified ozone generator (anybody can do it). Now the ozone generator is making it's ozone not from ambient air, but from pure oxygen. The little machine that would have made poor quality O3 is now producing *medical grade ozone*.

With another plastic hose, you feed the ozone from the ozone maker into the tent (we just cut a tiny slit in the tent).

Now you have something really powerful.

You steam, heat up the body, sweat and release toxins and waste, and your open pores suck in the O3. Remember, you are not breathing it. You stuff a towel around the neck opening as a seal.

Michael told me that if our daughter did this every day (no more than a half an hour each day), she'd feel soooo much better in two weeks. He guaranteed it. Not only that, he said it would help her acne. That was all I needed to say in order to have her WANT to steam everyday. And up to that point, nothing at all was making her feel better, so we were excited to give it a try.

We liked the idea of it being a non-drug therapy. And in the big scheme of things, the worst case of losing $635 was nothing. I've got drawers full of meds we've paid for that are useless to us, and I wouldn't want to know what we paid for them. Probably the equivalent a nice cruise trip for three. (Which would have done more good.)

It took about a week for the results to begin to show up. The first sign was that she called one of the friends who hasn't been around and arranged to go to a movie with him. Hmm.

Then, sudden attention to appearance showed up. I came home from an errand to find her wearing a short skirt and high heels while doing homework at the computer. (When the high heels come out, all us girlfriends know someone's feeling better.) The nausea disappeared. The headache softened a little. Energy went up. Dancing and loud music ensued. Interest in "getting in shape" appeared. Sleep got deeper and more refreshing. And yes, as promised, the acne is better! Who knew.

It's been nearly 4 weeks now, and she is a different person. Joy is on the map. Pleasure in life is possible. Excitement is no longer a stranger. Yesterday she jogged/walked a mile in the morning, and a mile in the afternoon. Four weeks ago this young woman could only triangulate from the bedroom -- bathroom -- couch. She could only do homework in small doses because she couldn't concentrate. Now she has created a schedule of what she's going to do everyday to catch up so that **when she goes back to school in September** she'll be caught up. And she's sticking to it. Sometimes in high heels.

As for me, my symptoms are waaaaayy down, I feel so much better, and the very best thing of all: I sleep like a baby. I haven't slept through the night in years, and I just resigned myself to it. But the FIRST TIME I did the ozone therapy, I slept unbeliveably well that night, and it's been that way ever since. I'd do the steaming everyday just for that even if that was all I got out of it.

Now, is this a cure??? No.

What Michael thinks is that once infected, unless you get on the abx right away and really whack it, you may not ever fully get rid of it. However, he thinks that you CAN drive it into its cystic state, and live life just fine. And when it does come out of it's cystic state, and finds itself in a hostile environment (an oxygenated and alkaline body), it cannot survive. Frankly, I'll take it.

But to bring about a cure or something closer to it, he says that rife and blood electrification works. Now, remember this is a scientist speaking, and he's researched rife and even built rife machines (including one that fits in an attache case). He's lending us a rife machine and we'll be adding that to the steam regimen. We're getting a blood electrification unit from him too. Stay tuned.

I just had to post this because I can't keep it to myself. Frankly, our lives have (as my daughter would say) "sucked" the last two years. There has been no let-up. We'ven been in a constant state of crisis or anticipated crisis. I highly recommend considering ozone therapy -- cheap, and an easy commute. If nothing else, you'll sleep better at night.

Bev Feldman

If you want to contact me, best to email me at [email protected]

Posts: 245 | From Tickafornia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's funny.....

I have wondered what to add to my Rife lately....besides the minocycline.

Trout

Sent you an e-mail

------------------
Now is the time in your life to find the "tiger" within.
Let the claws be bared,
and Lyme BEWARE!!!
Iowa Lyme Disease Assoc.
www.ildf.info

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bev, I can relate exactly to your Hell...Been there and still living it. The more symptoms that I read, the more I worry that I amy also be infected. Not enough time or money to figure that out. I have to get my daughter well first.

I have sent an email. lymemomtooo

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gabrielle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gabrielle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that is exciting. Thank you so much for sharing this with us and congratulations to both of you for becoming so much better.

I had thought about buying such a sauna myself and I own a rife machine, already. And I don't want to swallow abx all my life. This really sounds like an alternative.

I will check right now if I can get the oxygen concentrator and the ozone generator here.

Gabrielle

Posts: 767 | From Germany | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it possible to, rather than use the tent, put the equipment in the bathroom and use it there the way you would use the sauna?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....I will check right now if I can get the oxygen concentrator and the ozone generator here.

You need to be careful about the ozone generator... don't get one without getting some information from Michael about which kind to get, and the modification you have to make to it (basically, you have to modify it to accept the input of the oxygen generator rather than sucking in ambient air). I can put you in touch with him.

You can also use oxygen from a tank. We can't here in the states because oxygen is a DRUG (?) needing a prescription from a doctor. But I think that's not the case in Europe.

Posts: 245 | From Tickafornia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rita
Unregistered

This has possibilities. I'd like to learn more.
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rita --
Yes, you can put it in the bathroom. But my bathroom isn't big enough. Plus I'm in California and the cool of the morning or the evening outside is a nice contrast to the simmering you are undertaking.

The tent has a footprint of about 2 1/2 by 3 feet. You could do it in a kitchen (space permitting) as well. Or a porch or balcony or deck. I put a little TV tray next to it with a water bottle, timer, and thermometer on it.

Radio Shack has a $15 indoor/outdoor thermometer. You just dangle the probe into the sauna while it's heating, place a towel over the neckhole and you can see if it's ready for you by the thermometer, and also what temp you're at while you are steaming.
Gives you something to do in there.

Music is great -- musicals you can sing along with are fun. Also, have your friends come over and visit.... steam them up.

A doctor lives next door, and I finally told her what we're doing, and her eyes widened, and the scientific gears were set to grinding. I thought, uh oh, I'm going to hear about it, and then she said, "That's awesome! You're doing all this at HOME? Can I try it?" So we put her in and she loved it. Now she WANTS it anytime she can get it-- reports that she sleeps better than ever.

Also, remember, no romantic candles or open flames of any kind. Oxygen is explosive. So no gas flame heater in the bathroom. And in the kitchen, don't have the gas flame stove going when the ozone is. Don't smoke in the tent -- don't smoke anyway, but if you do, I'll meet your maker faster than you ever intended.

Bev

lookin4answers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4974

Icon 14 posted      Profile for lookin4answers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing!
That is wonderful for your daughter, it gives you great pleasure I know to see her happy again.
I wait for that to happen in this home.

~ Amanda

Posts: 688 | From SW Arkansas | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosesisland2000
Member # 2001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosesisland2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is great about your daughter. I wish you all well.

Just did a search through posts and found in Medical forum, 74 topic posts where Ozone has been discussed greatly.

If you do not know how to do a search, here's how:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000464.html

Thanks for posting a positive post where there was actually a good response to the therapy that you are doing. That is what support is all about, the sharing of information.

Best to you both,

Rosemary

Posts: 6191 | From Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymelighter
Member # 5310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymelighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recal reading that ozone is being used in autoclaves to kill bacteria & for sterility.
Posts: 1010 | From Mars | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Icon 3 posted      Profile for orion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many people have emailed me regarding the needed equipment.

The ozone generator can be purchased from www.sotainstruments.com. It's around $260-75, something like that. It does have to be modified... the little aquarium pump on the inside has to be disabled (cut a wire), and the input that it was feeding needs to be replaced with your new tubing, long enough to go out of the case and back to your oxygen concentrator (2 feet?). Then you need to poke a hole in the casing big enough to thread the tubing through so you can close the case. It's really easy. Even a Lymie can do it.

The ozone maker has an output spigot, and you run tubing from that to your steam tent. Slit a little hole in the tent if you have to.

Set the oxygen output from the concentrator to the smallest output. If you are pushing a lot of oxgen through, then you are diluting the ozone. You just need enough to carry the ozone into the tent.

Here's the a good example of a steam tent to get... It's a good price, and the steam pot looks good. The "bad example" steam pot in the picture is the one I have, and I wish it had more capacity. I think the headpiece of the tent is removable. I don't like the idea of it very much. I get a fan and point it towards my head... helps me stay in there longer.

The search term I use on eBay is "steam sauna." http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42240&item=4316809119&rd=1 $99 is a good deal.

You may want to wrap or clip a blanket around it for more insulation and to get the temp up higher. That's fine tuning that comes later.

And here's an oxygen concentrator that's similar to mine... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34070&item=4916312958&rd=1

You can't buy oxygen concentrators new. (Remember, oxygen is a DRUG!) But you can buy them used (go figure). This one is typical. It does not have to be expensive. They have to say they are for hobbyists, etc. Remember, you are not breathing the oxygen or the ozone.

orion

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's really WONDERFUL, Bev! yipppeeee! Thanks for the information. I live in an RV, so I'll have to just keep praying I can get out of this thing in the near future so I can do this! [gotta find the money too! ]

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can just see myself modifying any equipment. What a joke! Don't think low tech people like myself could manage this.

But I'm glad you found something that worked for you.

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Dear Lou,
Can you take a garden hose off a faucet and attach another one in its place?

Can you drill a hole, or know someone who could do it for you?

Can you cut a piece of wire with scissors?

If you can do these things, then this is no harder. It might be a challenge if you're not mechanically inclined, but it's not hard. Let me know if there is any way I can assist you.

Bev

pippy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6005

Icon 10 posted      Profile for pippy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Orion!
Thank you so much for sharing this great idea!! So glad to hear your daughter is doing better! What a miracle!

I have responded to IV h2o2 but the ongoing cost and the damage to veins, etc concerns me!

This seems like a fantastic way to get the benefits of ozone therapy without the cost.

It does not seem that hard to figure out. And I have the perfect place on my back deck
to put the contraption!

I looked at your links! The George Jetson look is fashionable again! THIS ROCKS!

I am a little afraid of blowing my deck off my house (200 feet to the canyon below!) But my pyro husband can't wait to get his hands on this! We'll let you know how it goes.

The ozone generator company you bought from says they are back ordered until october, so we'll wait till then to try it.
Thanks for the idea!
Pippy (also in Tickafornia)

Posts: 446 | From California | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifeline
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifeline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a terrific post.

I do have a question. Does it change the blood pressure of the person with all that heat temporarily?

In getting out of a hot tub, I know blood pressure goes down, so I wondered.

So happy for you and your daughter.

lifeline

Posts: 983 | From FL | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DiffyQue
Member # 3317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DiffyQue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Great post!

dq

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

I think the blood pressure issue should be a question to your medical doctor. I'm not a health professional, but you don't want to do anything that might put you at risk.

The oxygen won't be a risk, but the heat, I suppose, could be. You might try going to a sauna at a gym or the Y... it's not the same, because in the steam tent your head is sticking out and that keeps you cooler, but the sauna is a close approximation.

Bev

Kookie
Unregistered

WOW - this is so interesting to me because I have noticed that I feel SOOOO GOOOOOD RIGHT before a downpour of rain, and I mean RIGHT beforehand, I get this sudden clarity and energy. My husband said that it's probably due to the extra ozone in the air at that time! Has anyone else experienced this? That alone makes me interested in the machine.
Kookie

kaos
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kaos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for posting this Bev. I'd been contemplating trying Ozone for a few years and your post has help to push me in the Ozone direction again. I hope to have something similar to yours soon.

-greg

Posts: 373 | From Southern California | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to the top for lymetoo

------------------

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to the top for others...this makes sense.

Ti those of you who think that abx are THE only answer...you are wrong.

I haven't met one person who has long term Lyme...that beat it with abx only.

Trout

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angus
Member # 45814

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

For anyone who is interested, ive been doing loads of web research into making my own sauna tent (here in the UK). The cheapest ozone generator that would do the job, i found here:
http://www.ozone-purifiers.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=357&productsel=1

They are in Canada, and its 51 USD. Its pumpless, so you just connect one tube in (from the oxygen bottle or oxygen generator) and one into the sauna. I have bought one. Im technical, but i dont understand the relative merits of different types of ozone generation - i.e. what makes one a 275 USD ozone maker, and another a 51 USD ozone maker.. but the mg/hour seems to be the only value that is relevant (apart from maybe the amount of Nitrogen dioxide created? - not sure if this is important in a sauna tho).

Anyway, ill let you know how it goes!

Angus

Posts: 0 | From Berkshires Ma | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaos
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kaos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Angus,

Good for you for putting something together. The $275 model isn't available at this time anyways.

I already had an oxygen concentrator, so I had to buy an ozone generator and the steam tent. Here's where I got my $169 generator
from: http://www.ozonepure.com/stores/showdetl.cfm?&DID=10&ObjectGroup_ID=5&Product_ID=43&CatID=4

The setup is working just fine and the steam tent gets very hot. I can't handle more than 25 minutes so far. I'm reserving from reporting any progress yet because I've only had 4 treatments. So far I have had no bad reactions and over time I will be able to tell if the good things that seem to be happening are due to the ozone. The sweating from this treatment is beneficial in itself and I think the ozone is packing quite the punch. We'll see. Bev and her daughter noticed big improvements in their first month. I recommend starting off slowly. Your body will smell like ozone, so rinse off after the treatment. Don't use soap because your skin pores will be open after the sauna. If you use an oxygen concentrator, you want to make sure it is putting out oxygen at less than 0.5 Liters per minute. The lower, the better and more concentrated the ozone will be. Also, make sure the space between your neck and neckhole is snug with a wrapped towel or something or else you will be smelling a lot of ozone and the heat can escape. There are zippers that you can open for your arms to be outside of the tent, but I keep the zippers closed and have my arms inside to keep the heat and ozone inside. Bev helped me find the tent on Ebay. I purchased the one at this link because it comes with a chair, a good steamer, and delivery is really quick: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42240&item=4318573626&rd=1

I've been off of abx for over 2 months now and I hope to stay off of them if possible.

Posts: 373 | From Southern California | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Icon 6 posted      Profile for orion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I just wanted to report that the ozone is continuing to work great with our daughter.

Tomorrow we are going to Hawaii for a week of Ayurvedic detox recommended by our LLMD. He thinks it will help her headache. When he recommended it a couple of months ago, her headache was at a seven and we didn't know about ozone therapy.

I inquired about the headache an hour ago, and she reported a three. It's been like that for several weeks.

This has given us our daughter back.

It is not lost on us that we are going to be in Hawaii. It's just the two of us girls, and we are sooo excited. Like so many people on this board, we have been through years of hell, so we are going to turn this detox thing into a VACATION (yeesssss!!!) and have a really really good time.

She completed her schoolwork today, finishing up 10th grade. This is a big win for her!

I indulged her in a haircut and a bikini wax (ok, probably too much information) this afternoon. A girl's got to look good while trolling on the beaches of Hawaii, you know.

Until we got into the ozone, she didn't feel well enough to care about her appearance, which is not any 15 year old girl's non-Lyme state of being.

We really didn't think she'd be able to go to school this September, but right now, it's all green lights instead of Lyme lights.

Today she's officially an 11th grader and will have a little more than a week of "freedom" before her Junior year begins. We will do our best to make the week a great one.

Every Lyme kid is a hero.

orion

break the chains
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for break the chains   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just thought id post and say that i am seriously thinking about doing this along with some other treatments. i already have a large ozone generator with a fan for cleaning out molds and such. im actually afraid it might be a little too much for this. I got it on ebay for a good price, its for rooms up to 5,000 cubic ft. it uses a ultraviolet tube bulb to generate the ozone. im pretty sure the quality is good with none of the bad things the coronas or something put out. maybe i could use just the ozone generator and not concentrator? thank you for sharing this with us. i have been interested in hyperbaric, oxygen, and ozone therapies in the past but have not really found much i could do.

ive had lyme for 6 years, disabled for 3, im 20 now. anyone with chronic lyme is a hero.

thanks again

Posts: 245 | From connecticut, the lyme state | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tomwisefoole
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2580

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tomwisefoole     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes...great post. ive been using a zapper these last months and it completely removed all my chronic back pain i was suffering with for 3 years every day, ....after 4 days using my zapper i had no more back pain. my zapper comes from www.ess-in.com
i paid 75 bucks for it i think. i like the rife technology as well...wish i could afford the 2 thousand it costs to buy one.

Posts: 205 | From california | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minoucat
Member # 5175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minoucat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Angus --
I looked at the site yuo mentioned, and compared the EOZ 300Y with the HGOZ-1000 . The only difference that I can see, to explain the price comparison, is that the HG model can concentrate 1000mg/h by dry air, in comparision with the 300mg/h by the EZ model and other models. This hi concentration would eliminate the need for an O2 generator, right? So ultimately it's cheaper to use the HG model and not have to buy an oxygen concentrator? And safer too, presumably? Does anyone know?

Posts: 2331 | From WA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Health
Member # 6034

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Orion,

Every lyme kid is a hero, BUT...

So are the lyme kids parents.

YOU are a hero too, so dont ever forget that.

She is lucky to have you for a Mother.

Trish

Posts: 1250 | From Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitsicox
Member # 6307

Icon 7 posted      Profile for kitsicox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kookie:
WOW - this is so interesting to me because I have noticed that I feel SOOOO GOOOOOD RIGHT before a downpour of rain, and I mean RIGHT beforehand, I get this sudden clarity and energy. My husband said that it's probably due to the extra ozone in the air at that time! Has anyone else experienced this? That alone makes me interested in the machine.
Kookie

Kookie, Me too!! I've read it's caused by all the negatively-charged ions generated by the lightning. Positive charges increase bodily tension, makes your hair stand up. Conversely, negative charges(like air ionizers/purifiers) come from ozone. They calm us, and weigh down allergens/pollutants in the air, so they can be vacuumed/mopped up more completely.
Kathy

Posts: 53 | From North Oaks, MN, USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Hey, thanks.

FYI, my daughter is still doing great.

Life is back to normal.

We're back to sex, drugs, rock and roll, and that's an upstat to us.

orion

ivebeentricked
Member # 6944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ivebeentricked     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey
Posts: 99 | From California | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnyb
Member # 7645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyb         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very interesting.... perhaps those of you about to try it for the first time could keep the rest of us posted on your experiences?

- JB

Posts: 1197 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

The two that I know of that use this...are no longer posting here.

trout

------------------
Let the claws be bared,
and Lyme BEWARE!!!
Iowa Lyme Disease Assoc.
www.ildf.info

felinitie
Member # 7403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for felinitie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Orion,

This sounds really very exciting. I'm so happy to hear about your daughter's wonderful progress, and my most sincere wishes for her continued recovery.

I was wondering if this ozone therapy would be effective against coinfections as well, such as babesia and bartonella?

I was also wondering, if you were to use a cyst buster while using the ozone sauna, if it would prevent the lyme from forming cysts to hide and protect itself, and allow it to be killed by the ozone? Would you absorb sufficient ozone in the sauna to be bactericidal?

Could this bring about a cure?

Would you or Michael know, or do you have any ideas about this?

Thank you in advance for your reply!

Posts: 39 | From california | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HopeHelps
Member # 7781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopeHelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, I am wondering about a theory, even though I've had lyme for over a decade, and have never been able to successfully treat it (symptoms are back again), I feel that maybe vigorous exercise would help, because of the "oxygen" theory, that the more oxygen my body gets, the worse for the lyme. Any ideas on this?
I would like to know more about the ozone thoery.
Also, I would like to know if anyone read the article about difulcan (controls yeast) being used to treat lyme.
Thank you!
Hope

Posts: 25 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Icon 12 posted      Profile for orion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Felinitie and Hope Helps,
I may be taken to task for this, but I don't really think in terms of a cure for myself anymore. I think more about management. If you can get these guys into a cystic state, you can live life pretty well because they are not giving you symptoms. You do this by being a bad host: being alkaline, being oxygenated.

Now, in regards to my daughter, now 16, I think of management, which we are doing wonderfully, but I ALSO think in terms of a cure for her too. She's got her life ahead. I want her more than managed, I want her cured.

So we are using rife, a Scenar device, and the ozone steam therapy.

I think these keet so-and-so's have a kind of survival intelligence that is incredibly efficient, and that you need to whack them from different places at different times with different things when they come out to torment you.

The ozone appears to be good for Bart, as my daughter has that too. I don't know if I have any coinfections. I suspect not, but I haven't been tested for them since I've basically gone into an almost non-symptomatic state.

I met a NIH researcher who got her PhD in LYME RESEARCH and she said that at Rocky Mountain they can't grow borrelia in an oxygenated environment like they do other bacteria. They have to grow it in an oxygen-DEPRIVED environment or else it dies!

There's a big clue in there.

So for me, that information tells me that being more oxygenated, whether it's by exercise, HBOT, ozone, ozonated water, or whatever, is going to inflict casualties on the little @#$%@!'s.

orion

------------------

troutscout
Member # 3121

Icon 10 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up

------------------
Let the claws be bared,
and Lyme BEWARE!!!
Iowa Lyme Disease Assoc.
www.ildf.info

wrotek
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wrotek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is really interesting thaanks very much for sharing this.
If You see Dr Marshall video presentation You will here that spirochetaes mostly get their energy from anaerobic glucose metabolism !!
Now, does it really work killing bugs or shuts down immune system that is question i would like to know answere on.

Posts: 638 | From Wroclaw, Poland | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wrotek
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wrotek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is really interesting thaanks very much for sharing this.
If You see Dr Marshall video presentation http://www.mapy.jhost.pl/conference/marshallfarmington.wmv
You will here that spirochetaes mostly get their energy from anaerobic glucose metabolism !!
Now, does it really work killing bugs or shuts down immune system that is question i would like to know answere on.

Posts: 638 | From Wroclaw, Poland | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wrotek
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5354

And Dr Lida Mattman has developed MPM medium(took her 5 years) to grow spirochetes from blood but it has to be used other day cause they think that it is H202 that kills pathogens when You use fresh medium
James H
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6380

Icon 14 posted      Profile for James H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's really interesting!

You know, if you want to actually SEE what this is doing... If you buy a good darkfield microscope you can see most of the pathogens quite clearly in a drop of live unstained blood.

(Check eBay, you get lucky once in awhile. It doesn't have to cost alot.)

Despite what everybody says they are often quite plentiful. One of the co-infections is so plentiful it looks like a snowstorm sometimes. (Bartonella? Mycoplasma? Something unidentified?) Having them be less plentiful would indicate the treatment is having success.

Some more 'low tech rocket science'! :-)

Posts: 714 | From San Antonio TX | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

up
NP40
Member # 6711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NP40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting^
Posts: 1632 | From Northern Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

That's the ozone generator I recommend to people. $43.99! Such a deal! I tell people to get two of them if they can and daisy-chain them together.

orion

------------------

sofy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Orion, You say this is the ozone generator you like, but I cant see where you named it. I would love to put this together but am too stupid to figure it out in spite of all the info you sent me several months ago.

I was able to buy the steam tent thru ebay and was so pleased with myself for the triumph. The stupids are the hardest thing to deal with.

Posts: 561 | From connecticut | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lynliz
Member # 7171

Icon 6 posted      Profile for lynliz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

thanks for the post.
real interesting.
kookie agree with u, before a storm, lot's of energy, love it. But then then rain triggers the lyme arthritis
L

Posts: 82 | From canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, we researched and discovered this 7 years ago when my Dad had a brain tumor. We bought the "ozonator" and used in on him. He still died, but the nurses would always comment on how bright red his blood was!
Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

Bev,

I would also like to know which one....you say is only $43

Sorry I missed your phone call...lets try to get ahold of each other this weekend.

Trout

orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

http://www.ozone.enaly.com/EOZ-300Y.htm

This is the ozone generator. It is the one without a pump in it. You don't want/need a pump because the oxygen coming from either a tank or a concentrator will have pressure and push itself through the tubing and into the ozone maker and then into the steam tent.

Great price on these.

orion

------------------

secondtimearound
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for secondtimearound     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Count me in. I'm starting my third week and really find the ozone saunas very comforting.

It's a little early to say how much I've improved from ozone alone but I just finished my first week of work in 4 months. I do know I look forward to this treatment because it is so relaxing and the sweating is great for detox.

I like to combine treatments. Currently I'm doing rife once a week, salt/c and an ozone sauna every evening and twice a day on the weekends. Sometimes my herxes are pretty tough but the sauna has definitely helped me in that area also.

This is very easy to set up thanks to Bev's help and if you guys can't get a hold of her, email me privately and I'll help ya out.
The only way we are going to beat this is together.

The enaly ozone generators that I bought work very well. You do have to place your order two times on the web site because it would only allow me to order one at a time. Just enter in the remarks to ship them together.

Also they are silent machines. I didn't know this and thought that I received two bad ones and was ready to ship them back but when you add oxygen you will know they work.

All My Best,
Scott

P.S.
I also added the services of a Natural Health Practioner who is guiding me in the right direction as far as supplementation and this has also been a big help.

[This message has been edited by secondtimearound (edited 27 August 2005).]

Posts: 266 | From Philadelphia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
valymemom
Member # 7076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for valymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't read posts much lately - concentration gone.

I am ignorant so will ask: Can you be on abx while using this?

This could benefit my whole family. One has chronic lyme - my other son and I just diagnosed with lyme/co-infections and I suspect my hubby has had it for years. ( Won't test 'cause he needs to continue to work for us). Think it could really help him but what about us on abx?

Posts: 1240 | From Centreville,VA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

valymemom --
Ozone is oxygen with an extra molecule. When it degrades it turns into 02. I don't think the ozone steam is going to hurt anybody on antibiotics, but I'm not a medical professional. So I can't give advice about what choice to make.

My feeling is that you have to whack this sucker from more than one modality. Hit it coming and going.

We went off the antibiotics and then did the ozone. We did this because we'd both been on them for so long that we wanted to "see where we were at". Every time prior to doing the ozone that I took a little antibiotic "vacation," I was REAL sorry that I had done it. I was chastened and prayed I could crawl my way back up to where I had been and promised myself and the Universe that I wouldn't do it again.

But neither of us was getting BETTER on antibiotics. We were in a kind of holding-pattern, miserable all of the time. But in my case, MORE miserable when I went off the abx. (We didn't allow our daughter to go off the abx until we decided to do the ozone.)

That being said, I DO NOT recommend going off your antibiotics. That's between you and your doctor.

And Scott-- that's REALLY great news to hear. I know how bad off you were, and to hear that you did a week of work is really great. I applaud you for embracing this and running with it. I think that your get-better array of different modalities is very good and puts these suckers on the run.

And thanks for mentioning the silence of the ozone generators! I had not thought to mention this, as I'm so used to them. And I didn't know you can't order more than one at a time on the website. Thanks for that tip.

orion

secondtimearound
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for secondtimearound     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Bev,

Your welcome but the thanks goes to you, thanks for having the guts to put this info out there. I'll send you an updated email concerning my status in a couple of weeks.

I can't believe it but I'm on my way to do some light weight lifting, sit in my sauna and then go watch my son play his first football game today.

I pray that I'm not stating this to early but there is a light at the end of the tunnel and I hope that we all see it soon.

All My Best,
Scott

Posts: 266 | From Philadelphia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is why it works:

PMID: 11875947

PMID: 11548286

PMID: 15770062
http://www.altered-states.net/barry/ozone/
www.silvermedicine.org/ed-mccabe-ozone.html (history of ozone use)
http://www.garynull.com/Documents/ozone.htm
http://www.perutechnologies.com/pressmanO3.html#2
http://www.healthpolitics.com/media/ozone/transcript_ozone.pdf
http://oxyplus.net/ozone%20therapy%20in%20treat%20internal%20diseases%20183.pdf.
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/ben/cmc/2004/00000011/00000009/art00007
http://www.worldwidehealthcenter.net/article46.htm
www.trio3.com/moldsFungus.htm
www.appliedozone.com/detox.html

GREAT FIND!!!

The botulism toxins also block acetylcholine and trivalent anti-toxins are used, but expensive and not avail. to the masses.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JavaBeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JavaBeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Orion!
Good to see you online. Do you or anyonelse know if you can ozone while on IV? I'm going in today for the PICC (please send prayers...I'm nervous as heck about all this!)

Also, do you recall at what pressure you set the oxygen tank to for flow throught the ozonator?

Thanks, so good to hear you both are doing well.
JavaBeing

Posts: 208 | From Portland, OR USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Java --
I don't know about if you can use it while doing IV. If it were me, I would, but I can't say what you should do. Ask around, I guess.

Also, you set the oxygen to the lowest output setting. All you want to do is have enough going through the line to have it come out the other end as ozone. If you have it too strong, you dilute the ozone with too much oxygen. Just enough is ideal. That usually means that the ball in the little window is under "zero."

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement