LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Spleen cysts?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Spleen cysts?
Annette5
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4717

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Annette5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering is it posible that Lyme has anything to do with a cyst on a spleen?

Thanks
Annette

Posts: 117 | From Greensburg Pa USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blueocean
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5860

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blueocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
annette5,
i am not sure if a speen cyst has anything to do with lyme. however, i just had a painful experience with a ruptured ovarian cyst and my llmd said it is NOT lyme related.

Posts: 112 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymied
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymied     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Ocean I have heard of woman having ruptured ovaries frequently that have lyme disease...

Anette5 - I don't know about cyst's on the spleen being related to lyme but I have a cyst on my gallbladder and a strange little shadow on my liver that they are monitering...it hasn't gotten any bigger in 6 months...strange...

Posts: 655 | From NC, Exit 88 on the Deer SuperHighway | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liz28
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spleen problems are often associated with babesia, and maybe some of the other co-infections as well.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DR. Wiseass
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DR. Wiseass   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few months ago my gastro said I have some "accessory tissue" on my spleen.

The doc wasn't really concerned about it...said it is somewhat common.

Now wondering if it doesn't have anything to do with Lyme, or dare I say it: babesia (and no, I haven't been tested yet...but I will...!!!)

Posts: 792 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there lumpy...

Here is a quote from a WONDERFUL article.. but VERY long.

I will post the whole article on another post as to not jam up your post.

OK?

"In many of my patients, cysts are found not uncommonly in various locations: thyroid, breast, liver, bone,
ovary, skin, pineal gland, and kidney. Some forms of Polycystic Kidney and Fibrocystic Breast Disease
may be LD manifestations."

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tikbit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6629

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tikbit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Idon't know about the spleen, but I was recently in the hospital having my gall bladder removed and they saw nodules on my adrenal gland, which turned out to be probable benign, but may have to be removed if it starts to afect heart. I was told by others that bartonella can cause these type of nodules on other organs. Hope this helps.

Posts: 115 | From katy,texas,usa | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carryon
Member # 4951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carryon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Annette,

I am being investigated for several large and growing cysts in and on my kidneys.

My doctor believes this to be unrelated to Lyme but after reading the long article by Dr. Bleiweis kindly posted by Tincup, I am wondering.

Darn....I thought I had Lyme nearly beat...

Carryon

Posts: 93 | From Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ontariojane
Member # 6526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ontariojane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Carryon - is your Lyme doc the one who found this?
Or was it a g.p.?
I've been on i.v. rocephin for four months now (although we cut the dose in half for awhile because of a bout with c. dificle that was miserable) and not seeing improvement. I'm told I'm unique in that I got the PICC line put in in Ontario.
Still have bad arthritis in my hips - in fact, it's worse, and still have numbness in finger and numbness/shocks in two toes/dizzy spells - and now, blurry eyesight.
when I think back I think I first got infected on Toronto Island about 30 years ago, and then infected again about 15 years ago north of Peterborough.
Jane

Posts: 23 | From Peterborough, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carryon
Member # 4951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carryon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jane,

Sorry to hear that you have not started to make an improvement yet. Hang in there.

The cysts were discovered on ultrasound which I had because of my gall bladder. A follow-up ultrasound which I recently had (6 months after the first) showed that they are much larger and "complicated".

I am booked for a CT scan now ...oh joy, I really did not want to find anything else wrong.

Other than this and the brain fog, I am doing okay.

Carryon

Posts: 93 | From Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement