LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Newly diagnosed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Newly diagnosed
marks
Member # 6965

Icon 9 posted      Profile for marks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been diagnosed by an LLMD for 1 week.
I have started the antibiotics (doxy) for right now. I am so discouraged. I have been sick for 32 years. My main symptoms are head pressure and pain, vertigo, dizziness. I have lots of others but these make life almost unbearable. I have searched and searched for a cause and/or cure for my problems but came up with many misdiagnosis. I just hope this will be the right diagnosis and treatment. I have been reading on this site for about a month and have learned a lot - but have a lot more to learn.
I'm just very discouraged today. I have a lot of head pressure and dizziness going on and life is really hard.
I know many of you say there will be better days and I did have a good day yesterday.

I would also like to ask if anyone besides GiGi has used the KMT22. I would like to try it or a rife machine along with the antibiotics - anything that might hurry this along.

I get so confused by all I read. Some people say they are antibiotic failures - some have severe yeast problems which cause the same symptoms as lyme. I just wonder if I am wasting my time on the antibiotics or should I try alternatives. I have done the Hulda Clark cleanses and zapper but didn't see much improvement - no lasting changes. I have had all mercury and a root canal removed from my mouth and cavitation surgery.

Sorry to sound so down in my first post to this board but I just don't know if I can beat this thing.

Posts: 74 | From MS | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IBelieve
Member # 6834

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IBelieve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hopefully this will be the proper diagnosis for you and you will start feeling better soon. I myself have not tried any alternative treatments yet, but I am going to see a naturopathic doctor tomorrow.
Good luck. I know there are people who will post information to help you.

Posts: 48 | From New Hampshrie | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 14 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WELCOME To LYMENET

Here's more goodys! A typical response to newcomers.

Hi and WELCOME! Get a LLMD or at least Dr that is willing to learn about lyme. Borrelia Burgdorferi is a clinical diagnosis, based on symptoms and on your response to treatment. Good Luck, bumpy road ahead.

Post for a LLMD in Seeking a Doctor. Ps remember I am not a Dr, just a fellow sufferer.

Lyme State Info Cheryl's

Conflicts in Lyme

How to Search Courtesy of Danq
TC LymeNet Links for New Members
TC 50 Questions

TC Warning To Posters

Lida Mattman

DISEASE INFO - COINFECTIONS

Newbie's Lingo

Links for family members

Lyme Disease Audio Network
Dr. Joseph J. Burrascano's Treatment Guidelines
CDC Website on Lyme Disease
International Lyme and Associated Disease Society

Lyme Disease Symptoms
Rashes
Co-IinfectionsThanx M

Rose's 15 Facts for Newcomers
Making the Most of Your LLMD Visit
Camp A and Camp B, The Lyme Disease Contoversy
2nd Version Camp A Camp B

Why You Can't Trust Medical Journals Anymore
Something to share with friends and family members But You LOOK Good!

Labs
MDL
Igenex Labs
Q-RIBb
Western Blot Info
FDA It is important that clinicians understand the limitations of these tests

Explaining Borreliosis (Lyme) Western Blot Tests
Explanation of Western Blot Bands
Igenex Labs on the Western Blot
Melissa Kaplan's Lyme Website Explains Western Blot
Dr. C Explains Western Blot
( No you don't always see a bite and if there's no bullseye the only way your going to be able to tell is (symptoms) and (((Maybe))) WB or lyme dot blot 3 day urine banged with abx's to free your antigens up for the test. )
See this ( . )thats the size of the larva stage tick...
Next nymph size... ( * )
Next is adult ( o ) to ( 0 )
Pretty small????? HUH

Western Blot

Drug Interactions and Other Drug Info
Drug Digest
American Medical Women's Association Tiscali Reference Encyclopedia

Herxing
What Is a Herxheimer Reaction?
What Is Herxing?
The Herxheimer Reaction

Herxheimer Reaction Explained

Candidiasis

Quote Lida

Ilads

ZIPZIP Thanks

IntestinalFlora

Parasites
Put word Diarrhea in Search

More Tick Disease

Coinfections 1

Coinfections 2

RMSF

RMSF Spotless=HME

Infectious Disease List

Check Diet Link Atkins Diet

PORT-A-CATH (catherter)
Abx's Port

Prolotherapy

Sexually Transmitted ???
Transmitted Through Sex?
Sex Question-Serious-Adult Content
Video On Demand: Blood Supply May Be Source Of Lyme Disease Infections

Good Site Canadian Lyme Disease Association
FDA on Lyme Testing

InsuranceLaws
Legal Help
Legal Help
Legal Help
Legal Help
Legal Help

GreatSite
MedicalDictionary
Cheryl's Site

MorphologySimplified

Tonsils crimson crescents

Killing Lymphocytes By Spirochetes

Wealth of Info

Good Article

Support
USA Support

SupportGroups Canada

Canada SupportGroups

SupportGroups Australia

Marnies......... Ten Points Regarding Mg and Lyme Disease
In a Nutshell P1

In a Nutshell P2

Part1 Long over Due
Part2
Part3
Part4
Part5
Part6
Part7

Canlyme MAG

Help with Meds

Help! Free Meds

Vitamins you should Know

Tests Synonyms Guide

Lab Tests Looky

Blood Donor Info
Pain Info

Pregnancy
Pregnancy?
TC Link Pregnancy

Insurance SS Disability Help Minoucat Bunches of Goody's

How to apply Permethrin

Tick Testing

Herbs Be Careful
HerbsCancer Center
Duramater NeuroPsych Info Kids&Adults
Neurologic Lyme
Neurologic Lyme
Neurologic Lyme
Scans & How they Work

How Cat Scan Works

How PET Scan Works

How MRI Works

How XRAY Works

How UltraSound Works
Explains LD50 Chemicals Toxicities
MSDS SITE
Silver
Interested in what Trolls are?

Remember This
Rules

Success Stories

LD Chat Room Links

A copy of this is stored in computer Help section.

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bg
Member # 46416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Marks to this 24/7 educational, support group board.

Could you also edit your post and show only 6-8 lines of text only per your long 1st paragraph? This can be done any time on text in your post/reply. Can NOT be done on topic line.

We late stagers have so much brain fog, we just can't comprehend that much text with no double spaces between. Thanks!

With the diagnoses given to you prior, please check this out. Go to the dx you received, and read some of this stuff!

I came across this new web site of good info from Natl. Institute of Health's medline library....covering many other dx illnesses...FMS, CFS, IBS, etc. and was posted on www.lymenet.org. Hope you each find some good info there. Saw it's from Art Dougherty, Calif. in 2001.
http://www.geocities.com/lymeart3/misdiag-links.html#disease

other 300 medical condtions mimicking lyme disease w/citations and author's name, Art Dougherty, Calif., 2001, is at bottom of site page!
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Oasis/6455/misdiag-links.html

Be sure to print off Treepatrol & Tincup's combination NEWBIE LINKS, check off as you read as there are months of reading there!

Betty G., Iowa dx 7-04; misdiagnosed 34 yrs.

[This message has been edited by bettyg (edited 28 February 2005).]

Posts: 1 | From US | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Marks!

For many, the yeast problems come because of the antibiotic treatment. Read Dr. B's guidelines in TP's post. He talks about yeast prevention, which is very very important while on heavy abx.

I hope for your sake this is the right dx and you have sunnier days ahead. Just remember it can get worse before it gets better.

-Aniek

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HaplyCarlessdave
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaplyCarlessdave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alway s try to keep from being discouraged-- I know it's hard, but charge yourself up for a long fight. I know you don't want to hear this, but you may find yourself getting a bit worse before you get better, due to a phenomenon knon as the "Herxheimer-like reaction", which is due to toxins released from dying cells. (If you think you are having a herxheimer -like reaction, or "herx:", keep in mind it's from nasty bacteria dying,)

How much doxycycline are you on? Doxy is good for lyme, but the usual dose that most doctors who have no experience eith lyme, give, 100mg twice daily, is not enough at all for someone who's had lyme for years, Abd it may be necessary to have combinations of antibiotics, or intravenous antibiotics, (if you have ...'insurance'....) to nail it.
Also (if that weren't enough (hmmm--that phrase comes up way too often around lyme!)), there are other diseases, called "co-infections" that are carried by the same ticks; these can cause treatment failures and nasty additional symptoms that don't respond to the antibiotics; other drugs must be taken for these.
Arm yourself with as much info as you can. I hope you recover as soon as possible. Best of luck. (one definitely needs that, with Lyme)

DaveS

Posts: 4567 | From ithaca, NY, usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Recipegirl05
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6729

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Recipegirl05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Marks,

Welcome to Lymenet.

Sorry you're having a rough time right now. I can certainly identify with your head pressure & pain.

With antibiotics you will start to feel better ---------eventually.

I don't want to give you false hope, nor do I want to minimize your frustration in any way at all.

But you probably have a very high bacterial load if you've had LD for 32 years. As I'm sure you already know, most feel worse in the beginning of treatment because of the intense die-off.

Also, Doxy penetrates fatty tissues including the nerves. At high enough doses according to Dr. B.'s Treatment Guidelines, it penetrates the blood brain barrier.

When meds goes to the brain, you can feel really bad, flu-like or have a weird depression.

Hope you'll feel comfortable in discussing antidepressants with you LLMD if the time ever comes that you think they could benefit you. Or, you could even research natural ones like Same-E from the health food store.

For many, Lyme & depression seem to go together! Besides, depression is a chemical imbalance of the brain-------not a character weakness.

I had a severe chemical depression diagnosed with brain mapping or BEAM (Brain Electrical Activity Mapping). Dr. Eric B. said no amount of counseling would help me; that it would take a stimulating antidepressant like Wellbutrin to help.

Back to Doxy:

Doxy can also cause intra-cranial pressure. Always consult your LLMD if the pain gets too bad. I was an out-of-town patient and would fax my LLMD with any questions or information that needed to be relayed.

Many LLMDs start treatment with Doxy because it will take care of both LD & the tick-borne coinfection, Erlichiosis.

I have no clue if you have Erlichiosis, but it is within the realm of possibility that the Doxy is killing both Lyme & Erlichiosis. That would certainly be a double-whammy for you.

That's another confusing thing for most of us. The symptoms of co-infections overlap with Lyme symptoms and the tests for co-infections are worse than LD tests. It takes time & perseverance to figure these things out.

I hope you've had a chance to compare your Doxy doses to what Dr. B.'s Treatment Guidelines recommend & see if they are high enough to kill LD. Too low of a dose will actually make you feel worse & you won't be making any progress.

If needed, scroll up to Treepatrol's Links & click on Dr. Joseph B.'s Treatment Guidelines.

As a precaution, my first LLMD gave me Diflucan to get rid of any yeast. He said that you won't get rid of LD, if you have yeast. As best I can remember he told me to take it on the weekends------away from ABX.

Also, Dr. B.'s Treatment Guidelines mention mycoplasmas, such as mycoplasma fermantans; however, there are other strains.

My LLMD just ran a Mycoplasma test through my insurance. My adult son's was high, but mine was not high. Don't know how reliable these tests are either.

Anyway, try to see Lyme Disease treatment as a process.

When I first when to the LLMD, I thought he would test for co-infections & treat them immediately; and I thought he would give me Flagyl as a cyst buster right off the bat, etc., etc.,,,

In other words I first thought everything was treated at the first visit. I was so wrong. He said if he gave me Flagyl too soon, it would throw me for a loop.

He was right.

Yes, it's overwhelming, but just take it one step at a time. That's all any of us can do.

I've had an infected root canal tooth, which showed up on x-ray, removed. I've also had all my amalgams removed & done chelation about 10 years ago; yet, I know I need to do more chelation. Finances hold me back right now.

Well, didn't mean to discourage you more, but LD can affect every organ in the body.

Here's a fascinating 33-page chart of symptoms with journal citations which was handed out at our Support Group Meeting.

It's in pdf file form so I hope you'll get a chance to print it out:

Here's the link below:

You'll need to scroll down the page to the green indicator next to SYMPTOMS & click.

http://www.lymeinfo.net/lymefiles.html

============================================

Another booklet you may want to print out at your leisure is "Lyme - The Basics":
www.LymePa.org

=============================================

What I've learned most from reading Lymenet is to eventually treat for the co-infections & mycoplasmas. And, every doctor's protocol is different & each patient's needs are different.

Favorite Lymenet quote:

``If the specific disease has not been targeted yet, then it will continue to cause problems.'' Simple, but profound.

I was sick for l3 years & in such pain and half-dead by the time I found an LLMD. He treated the LD first to get me out of pain.

I've been on ABX for almost 2 years including 2 months of Mepron with Zithromax.

I'll probably have to be re-treated for Babesia because the life cycle of Babesia is 4 months. Dr. B.'s Guidelines also recommend 4 - 6 months of Babesia treatment.

As for the KMT22--------if you want to, you can also post a NEW TOPIC asking more about it. I read about that & I'd love to try it.

Lymenet is a great place to come for support, especially in the beginning. I don't know how folks make it on their own.

This is such a complicated disease and finding answers becomes overwhelming when you're at your sickest.

Besides, we're pretty much guinea pigs in all this because research in LD is about 20 years BEHIND.

Keep asking questions & reading on Lymenet. You can also add in alternative therapies with your treatment.

I want my husband to build an ozone tent for home use as soon as we can. "Orion" has posted instructions for that. If you want the link to that post, just ask and I'll find it for you.

We want you to get well in the safeest way possible. Just take it one day at a time.

Is there a Support Group near you? Those can be of immense help.

Hope this helps.

Take Care,
Jan

Posts: 222 | From Texas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Recipegirl05
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6729

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Recipegirl05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me again----

Here's the link to Orion's post on Lymenet for instructions about making a home ozone tent & how successful it's been. Orion replies several times on this thread giving specific details.

There's a lot of good information here.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/026948.html

Also, forgot to tell you I take DAILY B12 injections via tiny insulin syringes that don't hurt. They may or may not help with your pain. It's FOOD for the nerves.

With a RX, I can get 5 vials for $15.99 & 100 insulin syringes for $20 at Costco. (You don't have to be a member to use their pharmacy, either.)

Anyone who's had LD for a long time or has pain should at least give them a whirl. You can take them once a week or every other day------whatever.

Here's the article about B12 in the link below that I share with everyone because it shows the importance of B12 on the nerves.

http://www.mts.net/~baumel/B12.html

Bye.

Posts: 222 | From Texas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement