LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Gum receeding/new procedure alloderm?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gum receeding/new procedure alloderm?
snowboarder
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snowboarder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One tooth has recession and dentist wants to take cadaver tissue to cover root surface. Am scared of this because of having lyme and co-infections so of course I don't want to add more toxins.

Anyone ever heard of this?

Posts: 738 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have heard of this and my response is: I would take a long detour around any dentist that recommends tissue grafting for a Lyme patient or a patient with any chronic disease. Using foreign tissue is even worse. He is living in Fairyland.

An intensive detoxification program, addressing a l l toxins, including dental toxins, pH factor, stress factors, emotional factors, etc. would probably be much more beneficial.

I know that you already know this and wish you well.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NO WAY!! [Eek!] Do you know what diseases this cadaver had???

Receding gums are a minor problem compared to what COULD happen.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snowboarder
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snowboarder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is exactly what I thought and I've been doing so much better lately. At this point in time, I don't want to take any chances.

My doc said because tooth is receeding, root surface is exposed and I'll loose the tooth if I don't do the procedure

Any thoughts on that statement GiGi or Lymetoo?

Posts: 738 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Dr. K. told me many times when I was wondering what was causing gums receding, etc.:

If you have mercury fillings, the surrounding area is constantly bathed in mercury; If you have cavitations, there is even more toxin, worse toxin to affect all the tissue, throughout the whole body, in different ways. Cavitations cannot heal if you have amalgam fillings in place. I could go on - but none of it makes for healthy gums or healthy teeth.

In general, it's not your toothbrushing or neglected flossing -- the trouble usually is elsewhere. Once you start cleaning up the mouth and jawbone, you start to gain control over the infections. Until that is done, in my opinion, you are fighting a losing battle. Of course, that's been Dr. K's opinion for as long as he has been practicing (30 years).

I started the road of recovery only after I did the necessary dental/jaw work and was able to successfully detox the toxins that were contributed by the dental condition. And I did have, according to any regular dentist, "well taken care of" teeth. That's all they saw, while I was dying a slow death.

If your gums disappear, you need to act quickly.
Not with cadaver!
Take care of your teeth and get serious about it. Have mercury removed. Get filling material tested for compatibility. Start serious heavy metal detox under the guidance of a physician who is knowledgable.
Have the infections removed if there are any, or treated if there is still time to use ozone injection therapy, etc., whatever is available.
Search F. Schallenberger.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snowboarder
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6346

GiGi,

What is ozone oxygen therapy? I'll google Schallenberger too.

GiGi
Member # 259

Snowboarder, Ozone Injection Therapy is just that - after numbing the gums a bit with procaine, ozone is injected into the jawbone. It's done twelve days in a row. If has helped a number of people. It is not very expensive. Our local clinic does it as do naturopaths, etc. If the infection is too deep, etc., it won't do the trick. Then the infections need to be cleaned out by an oral surgeon.

The sooner you stop the infections that seem to spread from one tooth to the next, the better.
It finally put my husband in the wheelchair and I was not much better off.

I would highly recommend that you get a reading as I suggested by Dr. H. It is worth every dollar to know what is going on in there.

Take care.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snowboarder:

My doc said because tooth is receeding, root surface is exposed and I'll loose the tooth if I don't do the procedure

Any thoughts on that statement GiGi or Lymetoo?

I was told 25 yrs ago that I had receding gums. I used Sensodyne for several years then sometime along the way, I quit using it. Don't even remember when.

My gums were sensitive and the Sensodyne helped. Long story made short, my gums are fine. Maybe you could up your mangosteen and see how it goes. I know it helps many gum problems, including bleeding gums.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you done an internet search for other treatments?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

snowboarder
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6346

Thank you GiGi and Lymetoo,

The tooth in question is right below my front tooth. No mercury any where near it. I've had material compatability testing done and the dentist I use is a biological dentist who takes great per cautions when removing fillings.

I started reading Dr. H's web site...interesting stuff. Now I need to figure out who does ozone therapy in my area.

Lymetoo,

Good thougth I'll give it a try...can't hurt.

LC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi-
Do you have any thoughts on dental implants?

I have two, the teeth next to my front ones. I believe the material used was titanium screws that by now must be completely fused to my uppper jaw.

I am going to be discussing heavy metals and possibly having my amalgrams removed at my LLMD appt. on Wed.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
LC

Posts: 116 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI,

I also have a slight problem with receding gumline above my two top front teeth and the two teeth next to them.

I certainly would say no thanks to cadaver gums in my mouth. I think I'd rather have no tooth if it came to it.

In the meantime, can your dentist not put some 'enamel' or wahtever the clear/white filling type, cosmnetic stuff they use, on the exposed bit? That is what I have done to mine, the receding bit still shows, but is not sensitive as it is covered up.

DLL

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

LC, Dr. K. does not suggest or recommend implants while microbial infections are present.

I had mine removed. Just had a call from a gentleman who has two that are now getting loose, besides the fact that he can hardly walk any longer.

I have listened at length to Vera S from MELISA. Go to that site and see what she has to say about titanium there. At a recent Seminar, all about the latest findings on heavy metal and chemical detox, she told a huge audience that with implants that are done with titanium, so called metal-on-metal implants, there is about 20-25% of so-called aseptic loosening, which means inflammatyion without any microbes. She said that if you look at Brennemark(sp?) implants from Sweden, failures are at 8-10%.

Lots to think about, I know.

Take care.

P.S. Vera tells that titanium is not inert - it is a catalyst. Yes, my implant felt always warmer than the rest of my teeth. She has done this research for over twenty years.

[ 21. November 2005, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: GiGi ]

becbec
Member # 8259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becbec     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another good way to prevent gum recession is to rinse with a xylitol/water mixture after each meal. Xylitol promotes beneficial bacteria, which crowd out the ones that cause plaque and gum recession. Or you could chew Xylitol gum.

You can also use a water pik filled with Tooth & Gums Tonic (Dental Herb Co.) to clean the gumline.

Bec

Posts: 21 | From NY | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Gigi.

Yes, lots to think about.

Having the implants put in was horrible enough, I can only imagine what it would be like to have them extracted from my skull.

You can stick me with needles all day long, but when it comes to drilling I'm a major wimp. [shake]

Posts: 116 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement