LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Bowen test... Help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bowen test... Help
kmkrauty2002
Member # 7432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kmkrauty2002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning all! I got my results of my first Bowen and it's 1:64...my llmd says he doesn't treat that and is going to do another western blot to Igenex. Do some LLMD's treat at this level? Also he said my mycoplasma test is positive and was very high. i was previously treated for this which he found strange. Also, he said that my fibrinogen was high and that I have inflammation... So can anyone help me unerstand this a little more??
Posts: 15 | From Arizona temporarily, WI is home. | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistDi
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistDi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1:64?....that denotes that you are above mid-range
for lyme testing. I had a test score of 1:32 and
I have a wide variety of neuro symptoms. Are you
seeing a real llmd? Mycoplasma is often a co-
infection with lyme.

Your score, according to the Bowen standards would
indicate Lyme.

Posts: 1567 | From Hatfield, MA, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisianthus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisianthus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with ArtistDi! Mine was 1:80, my LLMD said it was positive and treated me immediately.

Lisi

--------------------
yahoo 360 http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-UqSNGiA9crUMRW.lFNGN5Jk-?cq=1

Posts: 986 | From Michigan | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmkrauty2002
Member # 7432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kmkrauty2002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I am seeing a LLMD and he is part is the IlADS too. So I am not sure what the problem is!
Posts: 15 | From Arizona temporarily, WI is home. | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am thinking the fibrinogen thing may mean hypercoagulation, which can be caused by infection. "Thick" blood, in other words. Ditto inflammation.
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Bowen was only a 1:32 and my LLMD still said that was noteworthy. Igenex tests were also used and I was highly positive for co-infections though equivocal with positive specific bands for Lyme.

The test is debated, but it is still useful. I would wait to see what your IGenex tests show but ensure that you are doing coinfection testing as well.

I agree with Lou that it sounds like hypercoagulation is an issue and I would ask your doc about treatment plans for that as well.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SandiB
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1557

Icon 6 posted      Profile for SandiB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best products to take for hypercoagulation Nattokinase and Serrapetase. Worked for both my husband and I.
Read following:
http://www.vrp.com/thearticles.asp?article=1227

SandiB

Posts: 991 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not think Nattokinase is very strong at all. I would research Rechts-Regulat.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curley911
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curley911     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's important to take a moment and remember what the serial dilution really tells you and why the # has nothing to do with how ill you are.

The serial dilution measures spirochetes in the blood, not the burrowed bacteria in the muscles, tissues and tendons etc. The sickest member of our group has a serial dilution of 1:2. This is because he is so late stage lyme that the bacteria is seriously imbedded.

My serial dilution was 1:16 as was my husbands. I've been very sick for years (until treatment) whereas he has taken care of me and was asymptomatic.

My LLMD has highly recommended the Natokinase SandiB mentions; his opinion was that it is the only natural blood thinner out there.

SForgsen, do you have a link to research the product you mentioned? It would only come up in German! LOL. Maybe you have a distributor that we can read their literature? I'm always for learning!

Posts: 982 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welcome
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for welcome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was 1:128 with Bowen but am currently able to work. Some are 1:2 and debilitated.

The Bowen test is 100%. If you have bb in your blood you test positive. They send you a picture. Period.
I and others have posted the patent. Once you understand how the test works you won't doubt it.

However, the titer level has nothing to do with the effect bb is having on you.

If I were a treating physician, I would treat based on ANY positive Bowen test, especially in conjuction with clinical symptoms.

Neprinol Enzyme

my .02

Posts: 294 | From nevada | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

I agree 100% that the dilution is not an indication of the severity of illness.

As for Rechts-Regulat, I am going both on information from Dr. K mentioned on his site at www.neuraltherapy.com, the experience of several others that have taken it, and my own experience in seeing my blood before and during use.

I realize though that most of the information so far is in German. My understanding is that it is in the process of being translated now.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

JimBoB
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone got any REAL CURRENT info on Bowen Labs and their testing?

My duc says he wants to have the most current info before he decides IF he is going to send a test of me to them.

Thanks,

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

In case you all have not read the post I put on another thread, it looks like I won't be able to get the Bowen test like I wanted to, as people in th "know" over at Marshfield Clinic about 65 miles west of me, said it is a Hoax. That their test is not accurate because it always comes back positive. There is NO reasoning with them from what I can see. Never mind it is the only test for Lyme with a US patent.

At least I now have some abx coming, though not from them to be sure. On my own On all this, I guess.

Jim

my2haveit
Member # 7712

Icon 1 posted      Profile for my2haveit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JimBob,
This is the link to the page on the Bowen site about the Q-ribb test with its patent #.
http://www.bowen.org/site/technique/lyme.html.

Your medical professionals should explain what they know about the process that can result in a hoax receiving a patent.

This link is to Dr. S's site. He praises the test and the scientist who developed it:
http://www.personalconsult.com/articles/bowenresearch.html

Posts: 61 | From Florida, USA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vachick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vachick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What in the heck is a Bowen test? Is that similar to the ANA?
Posts: 331 | From virginia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the description from the website.

Note: The test is still a study that has not been published in a peer-reviewed journal, which is probably why places like the Mayo and Marshfield clinics will not touch it. And - being patented is not an endorsement of the product, it is just a way to protect it.

I split it up to make it more readable
Ann - OH

http://www.bowen.org/site/technique/lyme.html
[quote]
Recently, Dr. Whitaker developed the titration serial dilution method for quantitating the amount of Bb antigen in the blood.

This may help to differentiate the carriers from the patients with serious disease by comparing persistence of fluorescing structures.

In this part of the test, whole blood is diluted and fluorescent antibody added.

The solution containing the antigen is progressively diluted down until a count of the antigen in that particular blood sample remains.

Bowen Research has found the Bb antigen in whole blood, breast milk, urine, placental tissue, semen, eye fluid, teeth, foot nodules, shoulder fluid, spinal fluid, finger joint fluid, and African dust.

Findings are documented with digital photography using Darkfield microscopy. The Bowen Lab receives blood specimens for Borrelia burgdorferi (Bb) from all of the United States.

In addition, the Bowen Lab receives blood from doctors ordering the test from Canada, Brazil, Denmark, Scotland, The Netherlands, Ireland, England, France, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, and the Canary Islands.

The recent database numbers for those tested is approximately 11,000-12,000.

According to a recent poll of patients, clinically diagnosed with Lyme disease, whose physicians had ordered the Bowen Q-RiBb test, 100% of those patients tested with the Bowen reported their tests were positive for Bb.

Outside critics of the test believe the Bowen has ``too many positives''. Not so if you consider that the people taking the Bowen Q-RiBb test could be `clinically diagnosed' with Lyme just by evaluating their symptoms.

Most had received negative or equivocal test results with the other Lyme tests ordered by their physicians.

When negative or equivocal test results are interpreted by their physicians, it is determined that it is unlikely that their patients are infected with the Lyme bacteria.

Physicians are hesitant to `clinically' diagnose Lyme based on the symptoms alone. Patients pro-actively seeking an answer to their continued symptoms and suffering eventually learn about the Bowen Q-RiBb test.

A positive result with the Bowen test helps these people finally get a proper diagnosis and get properly treated for Lyme disease and co-infections.

The Bowen Q-RiBb test just recently received US Patent approval. [end quote]

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

Thanks again ANN.

I have read pretty much everything there is out there right NOW on the BOWEN test.

I personally am all for it. IT is the stupid jerks in the medical profession around the upper midest here and even more so in the Northwest that are so DOWN on anything that WE as Lyme victims have going for us.

WISH i have become an MD instead of a DM or insted of becoming a Photographer. I probably would be a LLMD now, winning awards in THAT instead of photography and cars. I SURE wouldn't be sitting on my thumbs listening to all the CRAP about Bowen and Lyme in general.

Jim.

my2haveit
Member # 7712

Icon 1 posted      Profile for my2haveit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ann-Oh,
Your comment about patents led to research I should have already done.

Learning that the patent has nothing to do with verifying the claims of the product makes a big difference in how I'll view everything advertising its patent. Especially when it's related to health.

Thanks.

Posts: 61 | From Florida, USA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement