LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Getting really Lost

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Getting really Lost
Thomas Parkman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3669

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thomas Parkman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Members of the List:

After four years I have finally made an appointment to see another doctor. My doctor in NC has tried his protocol and it does not work. I am getting sicker and am to the point where I cannot even take vitamins and suppliments without difficulty. I have learned recently that I am not alone in that there are a number of people who have not had success. It seems that there is a strain of some kind or other along the southeastern coast of the US which is resistant to standard protcols. There are many people who have had great success with the doctor and unfortunatley many who have not.

So I have bitten the bullet and decided to head for darkest Missouri-where on earth is Missouri?????-to a city called Srpingfield. Believe me the travel things are totally insane. They do not make any sense. Further the flight thing does not make any sense and then they have these hotels, cabs, busses. etc. I am notorious for getting lost. I shall end up totally lost, totally nuts but no more than I normally am and get locked up in a local home somewhere. In the wilds of Missouri. Oh my God!!!

Of course here in Columbia everybody knows that I am nuts-insane or stark raving coo coo to be exact and so nobody pays any attention to it. Oh that is just Parkman again acting up. He certainly is entertaining isn't he. Never a dull moment. Ha, Ha.

But in staid midwestern, prim proper boring Missouri they will take all of this very seriously and commit me to a hospital for the criminally insane. I am doomed. So what do I do??

Any directions to such things as hotels, restaurants, busses, cabs, cars, camels and goat carts will be appreciated.
Does anybody have a clue where on earth the airport is? They do have an airport.As the chinese curse says: May you live in interesting times. This should certainly prove to be interesting and by the time it is all over I will be a quivering trembling, nervous wreck. Cheers. Thomas Parkman

--------------------
Thomas Parkman

Posts: 341 | From Columbia SC 29206 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry I know nothing about Missouri "misery".

Good luck with your new doctor.

--------------------
HEATHER

-

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thomas, I'm breaking up your longer paragraphs for my neuro brain to 6-8 lines of text. Great job double spacing!! Missed reading your humorous posts!

quote:
Originally posted by Thomas Parkman:

After four years I have finally made an appointment to see another doctor. My doctor in NC has tried his protocol and it does not work.

I am getting sicker and am to the point where I cannot even take vitamins and suppliments without difficulty.

I have learned recently that I am not alone in that there are a number of people who have not had success. It seems that there is a strain of some kind or other along the southeastern coast of the US which is resistant to standard protcols.

There are many people who have had great success with the doctor and unfortunatley many who have not.

So I have bitten the bullet and decided to head for darkest Missouri-where on earth is Missouri? -to a city called Srpingfield.

Believe me the travel things are totally insane. They do not make any sense. Further the flight thing does not make any sense and then they have these hotels, cabs, busses. etc.

I am notorious for getting lost. I shall end up totally lost, totally nuts but no more than I normally am and get locked up in a local home somewhere. In the wilds of Missouri. Oh my God!!!

Of course here in Columbia everybody knows that I am nuts-insane or stark raving coo coo to be exact, and so nobody pays any attention to it. Oh that is just Parkman again acting up. He certainly is entertaining isn't he. Never a dull moment. Ha, Ha.

But in staid midwestern, prim proper boring Missouri, they will take all of this very seriously and commit me to a hospital for the criminally insane. I am doomed. So what do I do??

Any directions to such things as hotels, restaurants, busses, cabs, cars, camels and goat carts will be appreciated.

Does anybody have a clue where on earth the airport is? They do have an airport.

As the chinese curse says: May you live in interesting times. This should certainly prove to be interesting and by the time it is all over I will be a quivering trembling, nervous wreck. Cheers. Thomas Parkman

Thomas, may I suggest you edit/PENCIL icon your title to read, going to Dr. C; need directions, etc. Now you've got TUTU's attention as well as others living in that area.

Tutu lives in area so tries to visit as many lymies as she can! Bet she can even have their City commerce send you info as well.

Springfield is in the lower part of Missouri ABOVE the Branson, music city USA!

I've not been to see Dr. C, so will sign off for now. His patients will give you excellent advise. Hope you find relief & start getting better.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymelady   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Parkman,
I have had the exact same experience. After months of being told I had everything from TMJ to being a mad-as-a-hatter middle-aged female and I finally was diagnosed and went to a fine doc in NC.

After seven or so months of treatment, I had gone from walking to a wheelchair and from the outside world to my bed 24/7.

I was sitting in the wheelchair at the airport, with my daughter who brought me, waiting to get on the plane for millionth time, wondering how I would naviagate in NC from airport to hotel to clinic etc. (I eventually found a taxi driver who was kind and I called hinm every time I went down.)

As I sat in the wheelchair waiting to get on the plane so sick I could not raise my head, I thought this is not happening again. I told my daughter to wheel me out, leaving paid-for ticket and empty seat behind.

I came home and quit antibiotics, and began furious research cuz I figured there had to be another way. This route had not worked for me and had only made so sick I thought every day would be my last.

I went down the alternative road with a rife machine and holistic doc. I am far from well after five months on the machine however, I am out of bed (after almost 18 months) put clothes on at least four days a week and even got a new kitten (very optimistic I thought).

I think that some of us have such deep-seated cases that ABX simply will not touch it. Rife peels off the lyme slowly and I now know that I have had Lyme for most of my life with a major rebite in 1999. Also have major counts for babs and bartonella.

I believe that ABX works very well for some, actually many, but for the worst cases like mine they just did not do anything beyond cause me to herx and herx and herx with never a break for one second. I was ready to jump out of the window.

So upshot here is maybe I will have to live with some of this forever. This bacteria is monstrous without question and on some level almost impossible to eliminate due to its "cockroach" qualities: it survives anything.

So you are not alone in your failure to respond to conventional treatment.

I also have lost my mind and now every single thing I think comes right out of my mouth. It is frightening. I hae the attention span of a cat, cannot remember to put gas in the car and lose everything I have 12 times a day. I live by notepad and pencil which allows me to remember I am supposed to do things like eat lunch.

Good luck on your new quest and keep us posted!

Lymelady

[ 17. February 2006, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: lymelady ]

Posts: 484 | From Fredericksburg, Va USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda LD
Member # 6663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linda LD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thomas,

Remember that people in the Midwest are more practical and are not as sympathetic to "colorful" characters and eccentric people as those in the south are. Try to keep a low profile. These tipes may help:

Try not to say "all-ya'll" or "yu'ense"--they wont understand

No matter how much you think the occasion demands it--reframe from breaking into a soliloquy of Poe's most famous works, Robert W. Service poems or reciting Kipling--maybe they would listen to Twain--but doubtful.

Reframe from telling any stories about your grandmother or any eccentric relatives--Midwesterners would prefer you just get to the point--and they don't air their dirty laundry, even in humor.

Don't bother asking for grits for breakfast. Cheese grits for super is out of the question.

Don't eat the sausage--you wont like it, you wont like their mayonnaise either.

Remember to ask for "sweet tea" if you just order tea you will be sadly disappointed!

Don't be disappointed if they don't recognise what a library of southern history, culture and humor you are--if they did see that--you might not come home!

[Big Grin]

Linda

Dear fellow Midwest board members--please don't take offense--I'm just trying to alleviate some of Mr. Parkman's anxiety.

Posts: 1171 | From Knoxville, TN US | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love all the good hints for getting along in Missouri. I think you will be happily surprised by your visit there.
Here is a good site for info:

http://springfield.missouri.org/living.html

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thomas Parkman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3669

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thomas Parkman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I must make certain minor clarifications. Fist, I do not eat grits. I despise them. I do not eat cheese grits, a waste of good cheese in my opinion. I suppose if I ask for the House Wine of the South they will not have a clue in Missouri what on earth I mean, ie. Sweet Tea.

I never, ever, EVER say y'all. And other southernism. I do not air the dirty family linen in public. Like every respectable Southern Family, we have tons of it. But there are cetain things which are just NOT DONE. I will air remarks about some amusing stories of family, friends and teachers. Surely the good people in Missori are not totally lacking in a sense of humor.

People here in the South constantly ask me about my accent. It is English? What is it. It isn't southern. Of course to everybody else it is southern as they come. With superb diction and a massive command of the English language to hit you over the head and play with.

In any case, I still have to figure out how to get to the place and then with the local cultural foibles etc. By the way, I do not care for sausage except on Pizza in any case. And yes, I do love Pizza with wine. Cheers. Thomas

--------------------
Thomas Parkman

Posts: 341 | From Columbia SC 29206 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
believe3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for believe3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Thomas! You have made my day. You are hilarious...sorry I can't spell.

Anyway I also go to Missouri. I have to drive 10 hours to get there so I can't help you with the airport. They have alot of hotels there. I stay at different one's all the time. I like a change of scenery. Plus I go once a month so I am there alot.

His office is really easy to find. Just go to mapquest and type in his address. The map is pretty self explanitory.

You are not going alone are you? I like to go with my sister. We are from Minnesota so we like to "talk southern" when we go there. Maybe it's wrong but we think it's funny. Once we start we can't stop....we just laugh and laugh about it.

People from the south please do not be offended by that..it is all in fun. Besides everyone makes fun of my Minnesota accent..which by the way I don't think I have.

But seriously he is a very good doctor. I think you will like him. When is your appointment? Is it soon?

--------------------
Love, Merrie
Believe in the power of your spirit..for it will carry you through the darkest hours of your life

Posts: 261 | From minnesota | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thomas, so glad you've got a plan.
I've heard lots of positive comments about Dr C.
When is your appt?

Shelley,
Very interesting info on the Hilton Pond website.
That's the first I've heard of anyone keeping statistics on the number of ticks found on different species of birds.

It's almost enough to make me decide to never go in the yard again.

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda LD
Member # 6663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linda LD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thomas,

We may have just defined the characteristics between a Hillbilly and a Southerner!

I am definately a hillbilly!

Good luck on your trip,
Linda

Posts: 1171 | From Knoxville, TN US | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.springfieldmo.org/final/

The visitor's and convention bureau looks like it has lots of info on transport,hotels, etc. Don't know about go-carts.

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez....The things y'all have said are amazing. [Big Grin] Southern IS spoken here...Thank goodness, since I'm a Texas girl!

They DO serve grits in some places. NOT something I would ever eat. Tried it ONCE! *yuck*

We DO have sweet tea, though I'm no longer allowed to drink it! [and neither are any of youse guys!] [Big Grin]

yes, go to www.mapquest.com !!!

You will do fine. Are you traveling alone??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement