LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone get pain after exercise?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone get pain after exercise?
vachick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vachick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I exercised last night and today I could barely wake up...I felt like a mack truck hit me. Every muscle in my body hurts.

It is pain not just aching. I don't feel I pushed it too much so don't know why this is happening.

Granted, I usually get a numb, heavy feeling in my thigh when exercising and I did slightly (less than usual though). The lasting impact of the exercising seems to be a problem.

Don't know if this is Lyme related since the neuro is still investigating possible muscle disease...

Posts: 331 | From virginia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Moose
Member # 8545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does sound like a possibility for lyme. I am always exhausted after doing any forms of exercise nowadays, and my body usually suffers with pain as well.
Posts: 90 | From Maryland | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newdurham77
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newdurham77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh, i used to get the same "hit by a truck feeling" the day after exercising. reduce the amount of exercise you're doing and do it regularly - your body will hopefully adjust to it.

good luck!

Posts: 109 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlkeen
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1260

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlkeen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
exercise is important to get well, just don't over do. It's a fine line. Some days you will do more than others depending on how you feel. Our llmd says, if you hurt, stop.

More oxygen in your system could be causing a herx. I always link the run over feeling with herx.

Posts: 1572 | From Pa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My Tapestry
Member # 8651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for My Tapestry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The same thing happens to me. It was much worse in the past. And I would get terrible headaches to boot.

Start with what you can do. For me it was very light weights (for toning) - I mean 1 or 2 pounds - and then I would use the stationary bike. I would make sure my heart rate wouldn't get higher than 130bpm. (I was in a gym so I could tell). Because I was weak and tired, my heart rate went way up really quickly - so I had to watch it. When it went up higher -- trouble!

If I had to, I would skip a week or two. I know how hard it is to keep trying and having it hurt. This is mean illness. Please don't give up. I was the worse of the worse, and it does get better.

I also like yoga class. The bad stuff from the tick is in my muscles and stretching them really helps. It also builds balance and strength. Yoga also teaches you to be kind to yourself. Boy do I need that. [Smile]

And if all this still leaves you feeling like you were hit by a Mack truck, just don't do it. Maybe in -say- 2 months you will able to try again.

Take care....

--------------------
--- Rachel ---

Please accept my resignation. I don�t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member - Groucho Marx

Posts: 26 | From Washington DC | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you don't exercise on a regular basis, then when you start exercising it weakens your immune system. Then, once you are on a regular schedule, it strengthens your immune system.

There is also a thought that cardio exercise is bad if you have Lyme. I don't know the science, but Dr. B does not suggest cardio at the start of treatment. I used to get very light headed when I did cardio.

I can also have a lot of muscle pain the day after non-cardio exercise. Drinking a lot of water after exercise will halep flush toxins. Taking a lot of magnesium will also help reduce muscle tightness. My LLMD recommends about 1000mg a day, taken in smaller amounts so your body can absorb it. Start small and increase gradually, or the magnesium can cause loose stool.

-Aniek

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement