LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » how much minocycline (with plaquenil,tinadazole?), and how long to treat fatigue,mind

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how much minocycline (with plaquenil,tinadazole?), and how long to treat fatigue,mind
danielb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8522

Icon 5 posted      Profile for danielb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was wondering how much and for how long you have to take minocycline before a difference in fatigue, and severe thought process trouble/cognitive hardening. do you *need* to take with other stuff? like plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine?) or tinidazole?

i was thinking of starting a trial of mino and diflucan, to see if my NY doctor would agree to that. i get extremely tired and sleepy after eating and often pass out where i am sitting after lunch. i think yeast-killing is probably important and since diflucan has significant experimental in neurolyme, and mino treatment being so well at helping control brain lyme and pathogens it may help?

i am using this simpler idea, so i do not turn off my doctor...

i couldnt tolerate gatro fx of doxy, i gather tetra would be worse, and i gather both have harder time getting good CNS blood levels

Posts: 244 | From Ottawa | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Areneli
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6740

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Areneli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people have problems with Mino (dizziness) and can take only low doses of 100-200 mg per day.

Other can take 400 mg or more. The safety of Mino was established up to 400 mg/day. Yet, there are some who take 600 mg or more.

About the combo you plan I have no experience.

Posts: 1538 | From Planet Earth | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunnygirl
Member # 8339

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunnygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Daniel:

I see you are from Ottawa. I'm from the Ottawa Valley moved West. Noticed a rash 3 yrs. ago at our Ont cottage.

I tested positive for yeast and I take dyflucan and BIO K. That really helps.

Also I'm on amoxicillan and tinidaloze for a combination.

[ 15. March 2006, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: sunnygirl ]

Posts: 37 | From Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CLC
Member # 7112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also get extremely tired after eating (dinner in particular). Gotta lay down.
I am on mino and Diflucan. It seems that I am exhausted all the time since I started Diflucan.

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that Diflucan uses the same pathway that adrenal supplements (like Cortef) use.

I was wondering if it's possible that the Cortef I take for adrenal exhaustion is being blocked by the Diflucan.

???

Posts: 81 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
danielb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for danielb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh wow, where in Ontario did you get the bite/rash? The ID doctor i was sent to just said no Lyme in Ontario, except maybe near lake Erie, then passed that along to my GP, which ended his support for this. i see a doctor in the ottawa area now, but lyme isn't his forte, and he is honestly.. very, very unfriendly.

i am hoping to get a referral for the well known dr. b in toronto...

i was also wondering... how do you test for yeast? i would really be interested in getting a test, and knowing who or how to ask... (i was given a yeast diet, assuming yeast was a problem, but further discussion with my doctor was very difficult).

Posts: 244 | From Ottawa | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunnygirl
Member # 8339

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunnygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Daniel:

Our cottage is on the Ottawa River across from Petawawa, Ont. We have 1 acre and I was helping my husband clear brush and old dead logs.

It was right after that I noticed a rash on my right trunk. Then the nightmare began.

Everything started with the head, eyes, ears thing and progressed from there. Maybe I have another mysterious illness I don't know. I flew down to Denver FFC and the doctor suspected lymes so she sent my blood sample to Igenex.

Since then I'm seeing Dr. M. in B.C. 8 hr. drive. He is a very compassionate man and knew my symptoms right away. He asked me memory questions and of course I was brain dead! (more then normal) ha and he had me stand up, close my eyes and try to touch my nose and was falling over.

He said my nervous system has really been effected. Said we need to concentrate on both the spirochette and the cyst form. I go back to see him Mar. 25.

If I can help you in anyway let me know, e-mail me. It's a shame we have to go through so much turmoil to get a correct diagnosis.

For Yeast: It was a candida blood test through the FFC clinic. Showed high levels. Also do the spit test in the morning. If there are stringy legs that's an indication of yeast.

Oh by the way, I think there is a Lyme Support Group in Ottawa. You should look them up.

If you could get in to see either Dr. B or Dr. M. that would be your best bet.

Cindy

Posts: 37 | From Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement