LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Doc after Doc after Doc

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Doc after Doc after Doc
jennygump31
Member # 4199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jennygump31     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am getting so tired of seeing all these other doctors.

They just don't believe in Lyme I guess. Even though all (or whatever tests) the tests they do come back neg. They do not believe that I could still have lyme.

Just to refresh I was diagnosed back in 03. I had four bullseyes on my legs (two mirrored on each leg). At the time of discovery I went to my local doc not really knowing what was happening. The rings were red, hot and itched like crazy. I was feverish with a hot cold flash. I was disoriented not really all together there.

The Doc said that it was an allergic reaction to something.

I had gotten some information from my boss who nephew had lyme. He told me that is what it looked like to him. (And he is not a Doctor).

A few days went by and I kept getting worse. My doc finally gave me dox for 7 days. While on the dox I was starting to feel better just in time to stop taking it. He said since I was showing improvement that I did not need more.

A few days later I started to feel bad again and the rings started to itche and burn again. This time I felt as if I was going to passout and was so thursty. A co-worker to me to ER.

Of course long story short ER said it was not Lyme because I had four spots (mirrored)and what was the likelyhood of a traveling tick biting me more then once. They sent me home.

with in a week I found a infectious disease doc 2 hours away that I went to see. Right off the bat she said it was Lyme. By this time it had been several weeks and I was getting headaches, muslce pain, impaired though and speech (could not make complete sentences), mood swings like crazy....

This doc treated me for 6wks on doxy. By then I felt great.

I now have been having problems again on and off but more on recently then not.

I get headaches, muscles feel tight, get musles spasms, body aches, tired all the time......I have been to several doctors here locally and I think they all think I am a hypo. I have tried to call my old doc and well she is gone. Not sure what to do from here.

do these recent symptoms sound like the lyme is creeping back?

Posts: 73 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jennygump31:

do these recent symptoms sound like the lyme is creeping back? [/QB]

Absolutely!!! Find a new LLMD ASAP!!

Welcome back....but I'm sorry you had to find your way back here!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are possible symptoms...

My advice find a lyme literate dr.

Most of us have been to a ton of idiot drs. and were mis/undiagnosed...

then if we were lucky enough to be diagnosised many of us were undertreated...

kinda sounds like that is what has happened to you.

If you go to seeking a dr.

and post where you are someone will be anle to pm or if you would like the info emailed to you please include your email.

We do not post drs names or info on the board do to political reasons.

Very few drs. are knowledgeable lyme and other tick borne illness and even fewer are willing to treat us adequately.

Please find a lyme literate dr. and make an appt asap...

(If it is not lyme they will still be able to identify the problem)

Best wishes [Smile]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Find a LLMD and don't waste your time and money going to see doctors who don't know how to treat or diagnose lyme.

If they don't beleive in tickborne illnesses they won't even believe a positive test result.

You are the one who has to live with your symptoms and the choices you make -- you know your body better than any doc ever could.

It doesn't look like you were treated for any coinfections. You could still have Lyme or a coinfection or both.

Don't delay looking for a doc who can help -- find an LLMD.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can go to the "Seeking a Doctor" board here and people will send you private messages with names of docs and how to contact them in your area.

Be sure to say where you are and how far you can travel.

Good luck.
Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jenny, Seeking drs., mention the state you are in.

Also check SUPPORT GROUPS, left-hand side for your state. Then email or call support group leader since they know where the good LLMDs are!

Welcome to this 24/7 LYME support group board!

Here's TREEPATROL's and Tincup's combination newbie links.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/029917.html

Print off the links then check them off as you read as you could spend
several months reading all of this.

print & read Dr. Barrascono's 2005 info first; you will come back to this
often.

Extensive info in Treepatrol's newbie links about the meaning of WESTERN BLOT IGM/IGG test results from Igenex! Be sure to read or print this info IF Igenex tested you ok!

Also, see Cheryl's extensive web sites on: LD DIAGNOSIS, SYMPTOMS, & TREATMENT ... wonderful! Read the area on CO-INFECTIONS! You
could have from 1-12 other illnesses that tick is carrying...lyme, malaria, etc.

If you are showing symptoms of co-infections, I would like to suggest being tested for co-infections when you have LYME western blots done. It isn't
cheap!! But if you are positive, you can treat the co-infections first, and then work on LYME symptoms.

http://www.lymeinfo.net/lymediseasetreatment.html

EYE SENSITIVIES & NOIR, no infrared sunglasses info., 2-28-06 updated

YES, I have what you have! Are you on doxy too? That made my extreme eyes
200% MORE sensitive than they we were earlier.
I learned a lot about eye sensitivity/lighting on
www.marshallprotocol.com board.
Look for AUSSIE BARB'S EAST FINDER and then eyes/sunglasses, etc.
Wealth of info there.

I ordered the NOIR sunglasses. 2-26-06 corrected wrong email to:
http://www.noir-medical.com/noir_amber.htm

You will need 2% amber and 10% amber ... Style no. 901 and 910.
1-800-521-9746 TOLL- FREE

mention you have lyme and marshall protocol, they will give you 20% off!
Also they have been kind enough to replace the SCRATCHED LENSES & BROKEN BOWS! How's that for service?

I don't drive often at night, but I can wear NOIR's 901 lenses at night while
driving; it creates soft candle lights coming at me...tolerable. NOT to wear in
town with all the action of people crossing where they shouldn't be, etc.

from LOU to Betty on LONG web links and Thank You Lou!:
"If you hit the return key in the middle of a link, I don't think it will be clickable anymore. An alternative that maybe Betty should be telling people about is the tiny url website. I have it on my tool bar at the top of the page and use it for
those incredablylongwebsiteaddresses.

All you have to do is ask tiny url to produce a short version, which it will do with a unique address, which you then use instead in your post. Works just the same when clicked! Here is the website, spread the word!

http://tinyurl.com/

3-1-06, fyi, I tried dragging tinyurl to my toolbar without success, so that's why I currently have LONG addresses vs. short tiny ones! I'll keep trying.

UNDERSTANDING HERXING REACTIONS
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=041517

Tincup's explaination of Camp A and B, Steere vs. Burrascano, on short term antibiotics vs. long-term CHRONIC abx.
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=021395

TESTING FOR LYME DISEASE ... 3 main LYME TICK BORNE LABS IN USA!

The WESTERN BLOT IGM & IGG blood test nos. 189 and 188, are the only accurate tests for LD. They should only be sent to these 3 USA's Lyme
testing labs:

IGENEX LAB:
797 San Antonio Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303

(If the early test, called IGM, is negative; the later test IGG is NOT done!)
Please see their web site:
www.igenex.com CALL for their current prices effective OCT. , 2005 and

to print their REQUIRED form, which MUST be signed by the doctor,
DIAGNOSIS CODE NO. COMPLETED!; Medicare's UPIN no., and your
blood taken EARLY in the week so it doesn't sit in post offices! Example,
have it taken Mon. - Wed. Afternoon tests show more positive lyme results!

Here is the site to PRINT THEIR REQUIRED FORM to send with blood sample.
For me, I printed the FIRST option available on the forms.

http://www.igenex.com/formset2.htm

Write on their forms you want results FAXED to their drs. Office; snail mail paper
copy so it's not lost like mine was!

NON-Medicare patients must PREPAY by check or credit card for the tests since
they do NOT handle insurance papers.
Medicare patients do NOT have to prepay!

2. MDLabs from NJ, www.mdl.net
see their site; they too require their own form. NO prices are listed; you must
call their 800 no.

3. BOWEN labs from Florida, www.bowen.net 727.937.9077.

You pay $250 tax-deductible payment for testing, and they send you a picture
of what shows up in your blood. You also get the results within 24 hours after the blood is received at Bowen. They are also a 501(c)(3) lab and you can take the donation of $250 off of your taxes if you live in the US.

They fax the results and then about a week later send the actual pictures.

NO way to file for insurance since it's only a brief letter you get back from them even WITHOUT a 501 federal tax no!

Lyme should be diagnosed clinically using medical history in addition with the Western Blot blood tests as no currently available test is definitive in ruling-in or ruling-out infection with Ld pathogens, or whether these infections are responsible for the patient's symptoms.

NOTE: Please send a copy of your health insurance card to YOUR insurance comany (mine is Wellmark BC/BS, Iowa) for them to submit to BLUE CARD (handles other states) them to FORWARD to California's Blue Shield health insurance company since they will require that, DRS. Diagnosis Code No., and which date of service is correct (IGX has 3 different dates on their paid receipts....use the DATE OF ACTIVITY!).

FYI - mine was returned to me after 6 wks. After submitting; dr./blood lab
failed to show DRS. DIAGNOSIS CODE NO. on their form! It went to 7 people to be returned to me! Disgusting!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liz28
Unregistered

I'm not sure if you are still looking for responses to this question, but I would strongly recommend that before you see an LLMD, you research all the treatments first.

It will save you lots of time and money if you know the difference between Lyme, bartonella and babesia, if you know which treatments are the strong ones and which are "starter" treatments, and if you know which ones you want to work with.

The best place to begin is Dr. B's 2005 guidelines:

http://www.ilads.org/burrascano_0905.html

Not everyone agrees with the exact treatments he recommends, but his overall theoretical model underlies almost every treatment you read about here that actually works.

In general, people who follow the Dr. B model combine antibiotics from two broad classes, cephalosporins and macrolides. They also take a drug for dormant forms of Lyme that can reactivate.

jennygump31
Member # 4199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jennygump31     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks - I have actually called my doc that dgnd me to see if she can remommend someone here since there does not seem to be an LLMD in my area.

Hopefully I will find something. I just hope I am not being silly with this.

Does anyone (non-smokers) have a cough with it? Not sure if this is just allergies. Prob.

Posts: 73 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The cough could be a symptom of babesia. Hubby has had this off and on -- a nonproductive dry cough.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennygump31
Member # 4199

Well I will see what I can get done.

Thanks

bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by jennygump31:
Does anyone (non-smokers) have a cough with it? Not sure if this is just allergies. Prob.

Jenny, I'm a NON-smoker, but cough all the time esp. at night time. They've told me my lungs are like a smoker's due to being around 2nd hand smoke ALL my life!

Bettyg

BostonLyme2005
Unregistered

Find an LLMD FAST!
Get tested and treated for co-infects if needed....
Even if you have to travel, get to a new Dr. (LLMD)

Thanks,

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement