LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone else deal or see this rash?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone else deal or see this rash?
Robin61
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin61     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son who is 6 has now been treated for lyme going on 2 years. Before we found out he was having continual rashes on his bottom that were little red dots. They did not itch. With his Zith and Amox treatment they got much better and then when we added Mepron for babs we never saw any. He has now been off the mepron for a couple of months and they are coming back again. Is this babs again? Has anyone had this happen? Any advice appreciated! Thanks, Robin in Houston
Posts: 121 | From Houston, TX | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i had/have little pinpoint dots. the ones on my face and neck went away while on doxy. after seeing multiple ducks my llmd was the only dr to notice this rash.

I have a slight rash on my stomach and back now...it does not itch either. and it comes out more in the shower.

hopefully more will come along with some answers.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnlyme1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnlyme1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might want to think about Bart also. I would get this rash on my arms. Once I was treated with cipro for bart, the rash emerged and went away - I have not seen it since.
Posts: 582 | From milwaukee wi | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pattiecake
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pattiecake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my son had theese and they were yeast. The anti-biotics will kill the yeast but if no pro-biotics were given the yeas may come back with a vengence after meds are finished.

Oil of oregano works great for yeast.

lots of good pro-biotics.
pattiecake

Posts: 687 | From PA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cafe1967
Member # 9176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cafe1967     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sure it's not erlichia???
My husbnad and I tested for the #58 band on the IGNX test which is the band for HGE and had weird pinpoint rashes on us - me more one or two on arms and legs like i had been poked with a needle and him a lot around the ankles.

http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic3391.htm
When present in ehrlichiosis, the rash is maculopapular and not petechial. Evidence for vasculitis is not observed in ehrlichiosis as it is in RMSF.
Physical findings with ehrlichiosis are minimal. Occasionally, slight hepatomegaly may be present.
Lymphadenopathy is observed in less than 25% of cases and splenomegaly is not common.
Patients with severe ehrlichiosis may develop thrombocytopenia or disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC), which can result in hemorrhage into the skin.

Maculopapular describes a rash that contains both macules and papules. A macule is a flat discolored area of the skin, and a papule is a small raised bump. A maculopapular rash is usually a large area that is red, and has small, confluent bumps. The sandpapery rash of scarlet fever, or scarletina, is the classic example of a maculopapular rash.

Posts: 5 | From Milwaukee, Wi | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement