LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » How are people really doing on salt/C Protocol.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How are people really doing on salt/C Protocol.
mycoplasma1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6377

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mycoplasma1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone here done it for any REAL length of time (more than 6 mos)?

Thanks!

Chris

Posts: 216 | From Upstate NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chris,

This is my 12th month on salt/C protocol. I have really herxed on it, but I have not seen improvement in my symptoms. Some peoples say it takes several years to improve.

My blood pressure and elecrolytes remain normal, though, so it is not harming me. Hiker

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8880 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Chris,

Have you ever checked out the LymeStrategies yahoo forum? It's dedicated to the Salt/C protocol. I have a Lyme pal who is doing it and is involved with that yahoo group. The people on it are extremely gung-ho - once I posted something about antibiotics and got ignored, another person mentioned antibiotics and got chewed out. But a few people are combining abx and the Salt/C. But most are doing just Salt/C combined with heavy detox, or with rifing.

There are people on there who have been doing Salt/C for a long time, so it might be worth a look for you.

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is a survey of protocols and ratings for each. http://lassesen.com/cfids/protocols.htm

Raw Numbers at: http://lassesen.com/cfids/raw_survey_results.htm

for the salt/c therapy, there are only two volunteers who responded.
its unfortunate that there are so many doing the salt/c protocol, and too few volunteering their response, so that an estimate of some kind could be had. [Frown]

Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wallace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Recently someone on Lymestrategies commenting on someone giving up on it because it was stirring things up and moved toxins around

In reply someone said that Vit C doesn't chelate mercury but works via its anti- oxidant properities. I disagree. Vitamin C does chelate mercury so people need to be aware of this.

sunny thoughts,
Wallace

Posts: 654 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mycoplasma1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6377

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mycoplasma1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
interesting you say that Wallace. I was doing IV Vitamin C infusions last year for about eight months and got a strong herx from it. Felt dizzy, spacy , neuro stuff during infusion and after, but more energy.

I think it was either yeast die off, or mercury being stirred up.

Posts: 216 | From Upstate NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vitamin C is not a chelator. It is an electron donor.

As a Detoxifying agent for the brain --- Vitamin C:

Metals are usually locked into the brain cells, after they have been oxidized (= lose their electron(s) of the outer orbits) by the intracellular enzyme catalase. In this form, they are firmly bound to proteins or peptides.

Vitamin C delivers a free electron to the intracellular environment. Metal ions become reduced and return to this metallic form. For example, mercury returns from its Hg+ or Hg++ back to Hg0. In this form mercury becomes a gas at room temperature and crosses cell membranes and tissue with no problem.

It can therefore leave the cell and get in contact with extracellular proteins, where it loses its electrons again.

From here it is easier for the body to eliminate Hg by using the sulphhydryl-group containing amino acids, peptides or proteins, such as glutathione or cysteine, or by using porphyrin compounds. Hg can be exchanged in the mucous membrane of the gut into vegetable fiber residues inside the fecal matter, etc. Intravenous Vitamin C is far superior to oral Vitamin C in accomplishing this task.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Virgil and Mary
Member # 9602

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Virgil and Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pq
Thank you for the link to the lymephoto site. Someone had just told me of a salt regimen and here you had posted the connection to the info on it. We started Virgil on sea salt just before finding this site. Now we know the theory behind it all.
Thanks to all who contribute so much to help others. [group hug]

--------------------
Virgil and Mary

Posts: 58 | From Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
virgil and mary,
some of the downsides associated with excess sodium intake are mentioned in this patent listed below, and one solution proferred for consideration, as well,is mentioned in the patent.
patent is by the late emmanuel revici, m.d.

1. A method for counteracting the adverse effects of sodium chloride on the human body which comprises administering to said body a composition containing sodium chloride and a magnesium compound containing bivalent negative sulfur where said magnesium compound is present in an amount effective to counteract the adverse effects of said sodium chloride.

2. The method of claim 1 in which the amount of magnesium compound is between about 1 and 10% by weight of the sodium chloride.

3. The method of claim 1 where the magnesium compound is magnesium thiosulfate.

Description

FIELD OF THE INVENTION

This invention relates to new and useful improvements in a composition and process for reducing the deleterious effects of ingested sodium chloride and, more particularly, relates to a composition or mixture including sodium chloride and a magnesium compound containing bivalent negative sulfur.

BACKGROUND OF THE INVENTION

It has become apparent in recent years that the ingestion of sodium chloride, especially at the higher levels to which humans have become accustomed, has deleterious effects, mainly related to the cardiovascular system, e.g., high blood pressure and arteriosclerosis, but also encourages growth of tumors. Efforts to restrict the ingestion of salt by eating low or unsalted food or substituting condiments has not been very successful.

DESCRIPTION OF THE INVENTION

A study of the biological activity of compounds has shown that they include either destructive-catabolic or constructive-anabolic actions in the human body. The manifestations of an abnormal condition, as symptoms, signs, pathology analyses and response to therapy are related to this dualism. Hypertension, arteriosclerosis and the growth of tumors are recognized as typical constructive anabolic manifestations. On the other hand, I have shown that the action of compounds upon the body has either an anabolic or a catabolic action. Thus, compounds can be classified as anabolic or catabolic by a series of tests.

By tests, such as of the effect on the second day wound crust pH, or on the curve of the healing of a wound, or on the bloor eosinophile leukocytes and potassium, or on the urine pH, surface tension, specific gravity and chloride excretion, compounds can be established as either anabolic constructive or catabolic destructive.

Through the study from this point of view of the biological actions of the elements, I have shown that the members of the different series (vertical grouping) of the periodic table have either anabolic or catabolic actions. The IA series, to which the sodium belongs, has anabolic actions. The same for the IIIA, VA and VIIA, to which the chloride element belongs. Sodium chloride consequently produces high anabolic effects. Oppositely, I have shown that the series IIA, IVA and VIA have antagonistic catabolic effects.

I have further found that the elements of the same period (horizontal grouping) act at the same level of the body organization, such as subnuclear, nuclear, cellular, metazoic or systemic, and that the sodium and the chloride act at the same metazoic level (tissues and organs). The biological effect of sodium chloride is thus a strong anabolic action at the metazoic level. This explains the noxious action upon the blood pressure and arteries, leading to the anabolic-constructive arteriosclerosis.

Following the same systematization of the elements acting at the same metazoic level as the sodium and chloride but having an opposite catabolic action, it appeared that the use of one or more of the catabolic metazoic elements would produce the opposite action of this biological effect of the sodium chloride.
This was shown to be true experimentally.

Magnesium was seen to be opposite biologically to sodium, while the sulfur biologically opposite chlorine. In the case of sulfur, it was found that the bivalent negative was more active than the tetra- and hexa-valent positive.

Based on these primary considerations, compounds having magnesium and sulfur were used, in order to show this antagonism as set forth in the following experiments.

The bilateral adrenalectomy in young rats, of below 150 g, was seen to have almost 100% mortality. The administration of 1% solutions of sodium chloride as drinking water was seen to protect the adrenalectomized animals and, if administered for a sufficient length of time, to prevent the death. The administration together with the sodium chloride of magnesium sulfate, the last in subcutaneous repeated injections of 0.5 ml of a 10% solution for 100 g of animal or orally as 1% in drinking water, was seen to be antagonistic to the action of the sodium chloride. In the adrenalectomized animals treated with sodium chloride and magnesium sulfate the mortality was over 80% instead of almost zero for the adrenalectomized animals receiving only the sodium chloride. The same for the older animals, to which the administration of magnesium sulfate (1% in drinking water) was seen to increase the mortality from 20% in controls to 75% in the animals receiving the magnesium sulfate. The use of the magnesium thiosulfate was still more effective than the magnesium sulfate.

The relationship between sodium chloride, magnesium sulfates and arteriosclerosis was seen in the following experiments.
New Zealand rabbits were given 2 grams of cholesterol a day, orally, together with their food. Sacrificed after one month, they showed atheromatous lesions of the aorta. The animals sacrificed after only two weeks of receiving the cholesterol showed only few minimal lesions or none at all. The addition of sodium chloride (3% to the drinking water) to the animals receiving 2 g of cholesterol daily was seen to induce manifest aorta lesions and this after only two weeks of treatment with cholesterol. The administration of magnesium thiosulfate at 3%, together with the 3% sodium chloride in the drinking water, was seen to prevent the appearance of the aorta lesions, not only after two weeks as in the controls with NaCl alone, but even after one month.

As noted above, antagonism exists between magnesium and sodium which counteracts the biological action of sodium and that the same antagonism exists between the chlorine and sulfur, especially in the bivalent negative state.
It is thus possible to overcome the adverse effects of sodium chloride by adding various magnesium compounds, such as magnesium oxide or magnesium acetylsalicylate and the sulfur compounds separately. Various sulfur compounds or even colloidal sulfur can be used for this purpose. The ingestation of colloidal sulfur has been found to produce sulfides in the intestines of animals. The bond of magnesium to catabolic sulfur enhances this antisodium action. It has been found that the best results are obtained by utilizing a magnesium compound containing bivalent negative sulfur and especially magnesium thiosulfate.
The composition is prepared by merely mixing sodium chloride with magnesium thiosulfate, preferably previously heated around 170.degree. C. in order to eliminate or reduce its hydrated water. The crystals of magnesium thiosulfate are preferably ground to a fine powder before mixing with sodium chloride. The sodium chloride crystals can also be ground to a fine powder if desired. In this manner the taste of magnesium thiosulfate in the composition is substantially reduced. The amount of magnesium thiosulfate should be at least about 1% by weight of the total composition in order to subsequently antagonize the adverse effects of sodium chloride. Amounts as high as 10% by weight of magnesium thiosulfate can be employed without substantially affecting the taste of the sodium chloride. Amounts as high as 25% by weight could be used where taste is not a factor.

Other catabolic agents, of a lower organizational level of the cells, such as Ca, Sc, V, Mn, Co, Cu, Ge and Se may be added together with the magnesium and sulfur.

Other antianabolic agents, such as vitamins A, D, B.sub.6 and B.sub.12, fatty acids, aldehydes, and the special group of agents having a twin formation (2 atoms with the same electrical charge bound together) can also be added to the magnesium-sulfur agents if desired.

Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wallace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For discussion
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Salt-n-C/

For Gigi and interested others here!

Wallace

Posts: 654 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Virgil and Mary
Member # 9602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Virgil and Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pq,
Thank you for your for your in dept post.
I wonder if the organic sea salt doesn't have healing qualities that the processed sodium chloride lacks.
Anyone have thoughts on that?
Along with that Virgil is taking Glyconutritionals to enhance his immune system. In the end, isn't that the key-a strong well functioning immune system?
That being said, it is hard to watch him endure the pain and discomfort while everything is trying to do it's job!

--------------------
Virgil and Mary

Posts: 58 | From Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

V and M,

sea salt is evaporated ocean water; so the proportionate mineral content of this is what one's mineral intake is.

if there are any healing qualities, one example, amongst many, is a restoration of mineral(s) for which one has a deficit(s).

so if one has a deficit in one mineral, and the sea salt(the "sea") has an insufficient supply of that mineral, then one hasn't solved the mineral deficit; furthermore, intake of sea salt, depending on the amount taken, could cause, or exasperate, existing mineral(s) deficit(s) because the sea salt is low in the needed mineral(s).

For a hypothetical example, sea salt is proportionately low in potassium, and high in sodium when compared to that of land which proportionately higher in potassium, compared against seasalt. When one compares ratio of the mineral contents of these two minerals , in land and sea, they are one the inverse of the other.

So, hypothetically, if one has a potassium deficit, and their sea salt intake is high to very high, the potassium deficit may not be solved, or, if it is solved, the sodium/potassium ratio is still imbalanced, the extent to which seasalt intake increases; furthermore, and I'm not sure if this is the case with the sodium-potassium relationship, if there is a particularly large intake of one mineral relative to the intake of mineral(s) against which it is compared in the field of medicine, then this may result in further exasperating existing deficit(s) in those mineral(s) against which it is compared, if not inducing a deficit in an otherwise normal level of a mineral(s).

So, generally speaking, in the case of a potassium deficit, intake of foods(to which sodium has not been added) that grow on land are higher in potassium content than foods(1) from the sea (in this case, of sea salt(evaporated ocean water)), which is low, relative to land.

Therefore, foods from the land would solve the potassium deficit, and not the sea salt which is relatively low in postassium as compared to its sodium content. In the case of a potassium intake, for example, blackstrap molasses, which has a high potassium content because it derives from a plant grown on land should solve a potassium deficit.

Potassium deficit, and problems steming therefrom, healed, partially or totally, as the case may be.

(1) exceptions, if any , granted)

paradoxically,for either and/or both lyme and co-infections, there is a wasting of magnesium a mineral that, i think, is higher in the sea than the magnsium content of land(not sure).

i suspect, at some point in the infection(s),sodium might be wasted,as well; i.e., if i extrapolate from my singular experience as based upon a blood chemistry from my last emergency room visit. But this could mean many other thing(s). extrapolation out to the world based upon one lab result is unreliable.

since there are quantitatively higher amounts both of sodium and magnesium in the sea relative to their respective amounts on land, and there is a wasting, both of magnesium, and perhaps sodium,
in lyme, and/or other co-infection(s), sea salt intake would "seem" to be appropriate.
whether, or not, it is, doing the seasalt in gargantuan quantities, alone, or concurrently with the same doses of sodium chloride tablets, as in the salt/c regimen, this should be done under medical supervision---sine quo non.

[ 20. July 2006, 01:05 AM: Message edited by: pq ]

Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

Possibly Salt/C does what i.V vit C does.

From my observations a few people do fantastically well on it. With mild die off problems(not a herx in my definition)

For the majority however it is a long and stony walk! These people(including myself!) need to have the Salt/C protocol within a complete protocol. Dr K has one etc. This second group will include those most severely affected. Lot's of detox is required here a lot before Salt/C is done contary to what Marc of Lymestrategies says. We have a big problem detoxing.

So if you are having a hard time on it or not making progress stop and reflect. This means you.
No pain no gain is a LS myth!

What do you think of my thesis?

Sunny thoughts,
Wallace

Virgil and Mary
Member # 9602

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Virgil and Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After 10 days with a seemingly increasing set of symptoms, Virgil went off the salt and began taking homeopathic preparations and for the first time in almost a month he had a relatively peaceful sleep last night. [sleepy]

He continues on the Glyconutrients to build up his immune system and now sleep will aid this process as well.

Thank you for all the input on this subject. Hopefully we have found the combination that will lead to his continual improvement. [Smile]

--------------------
Virgil and Mary

Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

LS salt/C protocol works for mild problems but for serious pathology it needs to be part of a holistic program. For these patients all sorts of metals, bacteria,parasites etc will be stirred up by the protocol. Marc claims no toxic substances are released. He is plain wrong.

Some kidney pain will occur but it should not be unduly painful, This is not a herx!

Sunny thoughts,
Wallace

pq
Member # 6886

The "ad-renal" glands, sitting atop teh kidney's,
would also be affected, influencing the production of hormones, and other stuff they make.

Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

Pure, natural sea salt can be good for you

TARA PATRIQUIN
Personal Fitness

YOU KNOW HOW good you feel after a swim in the ocean? Or after a
good soak in an Epsom salt bath? Pretty great, right? You might even
use salt water to gargle with when you have a sore throat or need to
rinse out a wound. So if we know that it works externally, why are
we so afraid of it internally? Poor salt: the misunderstood
seasoning.

Did you know, or would you believe, that salt can actually be good
for you? Pure, natural salt, that is. I know it's hard to imagine
because advertising has us so scared of blood pressure and weight
that we are so afraid of salt. And these are legitimate concerns,
but stay with me and you just might learn something different.

In ancient Celtic times, salt was used to heal any number of
ailments, ranging from physical to mental disturbances. So valuable
that our English word "salary" is derived from the word "salt,"
since people were paid in salt for their labours, as it was
considered as valuable as gold.

More recently, in his book Seasalt's Hidden Powers, Jacques de
Langre writes that naturally and properly sunshine-preserved sea
salt is "the difference between life and death, health and illness,
social sanity and planetary panic, and its elements are vital for
proper body functions." That pretty much sums it up I think.

European medical professionals have retained this knowledge. They
use this "mother liquor" for a large variety of issues. Sodium
deficiencies have been linked to abdominal cramps, confusion,
dehydration, depression, dizziness, fatigue, headache, low blood
pressure, muscular weakness, poor co-ordination and seizures, to
name a few. It is not surprising that it is featured in discussions
concerning fibromyalgia, diabetes, hypothyroidism and adrenal
fatigue.

Pure natural sea salt contains 21 essential and 30 accessory
minerals that we need for healthy living. Some sources even claim
that certain brands of salt contain all of the 84 components
necessary for life! Wow!

Refined salt, by comparison, contains only 0.1 to 0.5 per cent of
these elements. It is essentially sodium chloride, a chemically
cleaned and unnatural form of salt. Refined salt often contains
potassium iodide (that is, iodized salt) to ward off iodine
deficiencies. But then they top it up with sugar to balance the
added iodine and as an anti-caking component. And the worst of it is
salt usually contains aluminum silicate, which is toxic to the
nervous system.

Since your body doesn't recognize many of the additives in regular
table salt and perceives it as an invader, you must expend enormous
amounts of energy in order to metabolize it. This upsets the natural
hydroelectric balance and nutrient absorption of food particles
through your intestinal tract, ultimately taxing the digestion and
immune system.

I read an interesting comment: "Nature is still a better chemist
than science." Salt is no exception. Its composition is so intricate
and complex that chemists have yet to be able to create a replica.
Their attempts resulted in what we use today.

Let me remind you that pure, natural salt is way, way different than
table salt. One of the most interesting components of unadulterated
salt, apart from the sodium of course, is iodine. This trace element
is crucial to your diet and is potentially the most important
nutrient for proper thyroid function. The artificial-quality iodine,
on the other hand, has been implicated in the growing rates of
hyperthyroidism.

More significantly, it seems, hypothyroidism is plaguing our
society, caused by an underproduction of the thyroid hormone. The
most common side effect of hypothyroidism is chronic fatigue,
intolerance to cold and altered metabolism.

You should care about your thyroid gland because it is the body's
internal thermostat. It secretes two hormones, which control how
quickly the body burns calories and uses energy. People with
hypothyroidism have a tendency to carry excess weight, while a
hyperthyroidism works the opposite way. In both cases, the person is
malnourished, energy levels wane and physical capabilities take a
hit.

It's not just the iodine that is important. Your body needs sodium
as an electrolyte balance with potassium for proper energy.

Sodium aids in proper nutrient absorption and utilization. It is
required for the proper breakdown of plant carbohydrates into usable
energy. It works to regulate the amount of water in the body at a
cellular level. Ratios of water to salt are crucial to regulating
blood pressure, blood sugar levels and blood pH levels. Salt is
vital to clearing mucus, phlegm and sinus congestion. It is a
natural antibiotic, antihistamine and hypnotic (sleep aid).

Even so, salt has a bad rap. I am not suggesting that everyone
should suddenly start adding salt to all foods. I'm asking you to
understand the difference between products that contain artificial
and refined salt versus foods that contain a natural balance of
sodium and potassium.

Natural sources of sodium include animal meats, seafood, sea
vegetables (such as kelp and dulse) and other vegetables such as
celery, artichokes, beets and carrots. But now marketing has caught
on to the selling properties (rather than the healing properties) of
sea salt, so you must be careful when you read labels. Even if it
says "sea salt," you might be getting a refined and altered product.

The truest form of salt is organic reconstituted sea water; it's
greyish brown and clumps when the weather is humid. Your product
should be labelled "unrefined, no additives" -- and at any rate you
should be limiting (if not omitting) packaged and processed foods.

Proper sea salt etiquette is important and perhaps too intricate to
discuss here. Consult a professional or do some independent research
on the best ways to use natural salts safely. But please do leave
the table salt on the grocery shelves and invest in something that
will not only add flavour to your food but will add to your health
benefits too!

Stay Healthy, Stay Happy!

Please e-mail any questions, comments or suggestions to the address
provided.

( tpatriquin@...)

Tara Patriquin is a certified personal trainer and a registered
holistic nutritional consultant living and working in Halifax. Her
column appears every Wednesday.

GiGi
Member # 259

This just fell out of my papers - when I questioned Dr. K. a long time ago about the Salt & C protocol. I have not read all your above posts, but thought for general info I will post it:

Question #1 If salt dehydrates the bacteria via osmosis to kill them, then doesn't it dehydrate our body cells? Then drinking lots of water to replenish our body cells would also replenish the bacteria's water?

Answer to #1: The resistant bugs are L-forms - they have shed their cell wall and have a very vulnerable membrane. This makes them invisible to our immune system but extremly vulnerable to osmotic gradients. Our cells are very stable in hyperosmotic environments - to a degree.

Water should be drunken only, when the thirst comes. Being thirsty means however, that we are already in the hyperosmolar state. So when we drink, it is too late for the critters already. But it is true: do not push the drinking! Wait for the thirst naturally!

Question #2 What is the purpose of the vitamin C with the salt?"

Answer to #2: Vitamin C creates a hyperosmolar state also. Both have a synergistic effect, but different chemistry.

Question #3: Is it the difference between a microbial cell and a mammalian cell? The mammalian cell protects itself - the microbe doesn't?

Answer to #3: They are both extremely similar. However, microbes have to modify their cell wall to evade the immune system (see above). Lida Mattman is the world expert on the L-forms (cell wall deficient bugs).

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm trying it again. I started with six grams, which is a relatively hefty dose to start but one I could tolerate in the past. I'm using Allergy Research Buffered C and Celtic salt.

I'm fairly certain I'm herxing on day 2 already.

Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sewer Rat
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-The pictures on lymephotos.com are not what they say.
-The theory behind it is questionable, it lacks a solid basis.
-The authors of lymephotos.com are anonymous.
-High amounts of salt can be harmful.

Doesn't this raise red flags??

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

why not pulse Salt/C as you do
abx? If its causing you discomfort then surely it should be an option?

Also if you have multiple co -infections(unlike Marc) it may be
advisable even.

As an experiment I intend to try this and take the weekends off Salt/c.

Gigi any thoughts on this?

Wallace

GiGi
Member # 259

Wallace, I can assure you that no patient under Dr. K.'s guidance does Salt & C continuously. That alone is confirmed by ART testing. He always treats the condition as they surface, and it never, never ever is with the same medications, supplementation, or Salt & Co, with the possible exception of some of the mop-up agents (chlorella, etc.) Whether a substance is used or continued for use is always determined by ART. Many times people become incompatible with certain substances and using it then only sets them back.

Whatwever shows up with ART testing as a dominant requirement of the body - that is what is used. And this method eventually gets people better and well --. Often certain agents are used together as long as the synergy is present.

I never did it any differently.

If the body can tolerate a medication or agent, it is used. Otherwise it is a no.

Take care.

[ 30. July 2006, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: GiGi ]

Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

Thanks Gigi.

Most of us, including myself, wont have a ART tester handy so pulsing and listening to our bodies seems the best available option.

Osmotic shock is good but one needs to come off Salt/C for the wave to hit again!

Wallace

Virgil and Mary
Member # 9602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Virgil and Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Wallace and GiGi,
Thank you both for very informative posts. We knew what we wanted to accomplish when Virgil wnet on the sea salt but could never have put it so clearly as your posts did. [Smile]

--------------------
Virgil and Mary

GiGi
Member # 259

Wallace, I noticed that Kurt posted on your other list that "Dr K's protocol says 3 months of salt/c as a parasite cleanse." In general, that is not correct, because he does not have the same protocol for every patient. Every patient's protocol is adjusted as I outlined in my post above.

Most patients would not be able to handle that because of the other toxicity levels in basically every Lyme patient. Often other toxicities take precedence. A seriously mercury toxic patient will never get well on Salt & C or any other regimen unless he/she is treated for the mercury toxicity. Since most parasites also hold heavy metals in their cell walls, die-off via Salt & C would create an additional load, and that is just not tolerable for most people. The heavy metal detox treatment can be quite demanding by itself.

I must point out that Dr. K. is not a friend of herxheimers and avoids them as best he can by treating so the body can handle the situation without creating setbacks.

The one-stop shopping just doesn't work for Lyme, because with most, Lyme and co-infections is hardly ever the only factor that causes the chronic illness. It is a multi-factorial disease.

If the muscle testing is not available, the doctor's judgment decides as to what is more important and more beneficial to the patient at a particular time in the process.

Take care.

Be sure to ask your doctor before you act on anything I post!

Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

I've taken 9 months off Salt/C to try and deal with some of the issues you mention Gigi. I see you are a lurker on "those other lists"!

Wallace

[ 01. August 2006, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: Wallace ]

Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

Some slow thoughts I posted on the other salt/c forum.

www.inpraiseofslow.com

This could be called the slow salt/C forum where we are encouraged to
take things slowly and not be in such a rush to get well! We can
come off Salt/c and enjoy life. Pace not race exactly! So enjoy
those days when you aren't on Salt/C. For those off days 1/2 tsp of
seasalt in hot water is fine by Dr K.

So take things slowly and lets forget the cult of speed.

Wallace

Here, in no particular order, are some sites that will help you
connect with people who are slowing down in different ways. At the
bottom are a couple of sites that are not connected to the Slow
movement but are close to my heart.

slowlondon

A group of young, dynamic urbanites who push the Slow creed in London
with serious intent and a sense of humour. A number of public events
are in the works, but in the meantime check out their splendid web
site. It has tips on slowing down, links to like-minded groups,
articles from the press, letters from Londoners, a commuter blogger
and a dictionary of slow terms. There's even an agony aunt called
slowcoach. If only every city had a group like this. Now there's an
idea....

Slow Food

One of the easiest and most pleasurable ways to slow down is with
food, and this organization (80,000 members in 100 countries) is
leading the charge. I visit the site to see what's going on in the
world of gastronomic slowness.

Slow Cities

Moving the Slow philosophy from the dinner table to the town hall. An
offshoot of Slow Food that aims to take some of the excess speed and
stress out of urban life. More than 30 Italian cities have been
certified as "Slow," and the movement has spread into other
countries, including Britain, Germany and Norway. One of my favourite
Slow Cities is Orvieto in Umbria.

New Urbanism

A movement dedicated to building North American neighborhoods that
encourage walking and community spirit. My favourite New Urbanist
development is Kentlands, a suburb near Gaithursburg MA in the US. If
I ever return to North American suburbia (which is a pretty
big `if'), this is the kind of neighbourhood I'd want to live in.

Candle Night

During the night of the summer solstice (June 21), people across
Japan turn off the electricity for two hours. The idea is to do slow
things by candle-light - read, eat together, meditate, whatever
reconnets you with your inner tortoise.

SuperSlow Exercise

Lifting weights at a snail's pace can tone muscles and burn fat on
everyone from pensioners and desk-bound yuppies to teenagers and
ladies who lunch. It can also bring inner calm and clarity. I found
SuperSlow to be an amazing work out and wish someone would offer it
near my home in London.

Journ�e de la Lenteur

Montr�al switches into tortoise mode on June 21, with loads of
activities to help the locals slow down.

The Society for the Deceleration of Time

An Austrian-based group that promotes living, working and playing at
the right pace. It has members all over central Europe. What I like
best about them is their sense of humour. Sometimes they run speed-
traps for pedestrians in city centres. Anyone caught walking too fast
is pulled over and asked to explain their haste. The punishment is
walking 50 metres while steering a tortoise marionette along the
pavement. Most people love being stopped, and some even return later
in the day to walk the tortoise a second time.

Slow Dating

You've heard of Speed Dating. Well, now the backlash has begun. Slow
Dating has hit the ground running (slowly) in Montr�al, Canada.

Slow Life

Japan has a reputation as the home of speed, but the Japanese are
coming round to the idea of slowness in a big way. This site is a
good starting point for exploring the spread of the Slow movement in
Japan.

Diamond Light Tantra

We all laughed when Sting confessed to marathon Tantric sex sessions
with his wife, but now couples of all ages are flocking to workshops
to learn the art of slower love-making. Tantra is one way to
decelerate in bed. I attended a Diamond Light workshop in London and,
once I got over my inclination to giggle, found it quite moving.

Slow Sex

While researching my book, I met Alberto Vitale, a jet-setting web-
designer from Bra, the headquarter city of Slow Food. He figured that
what works at the dinner table might just work in the bedroom. So he
became an apostle for erotic deceleration. This is his Italian-
language site.

Long Now Foundation

One consequence of our hurry-up culture is a collective inability to
see beyond the short term. To make the case for slowness and for
thinking long-term, this group, which has many members from the IT
industry, builds large clocks that measure time over 10,000 years. I
was bowled over by the one at the Science Museum in London.

Tempo Giusto

One of the most engaging characters I met on my journey through the
Slow movement was Uwe Kliemt. A Hamburg-based pianist, he is a
leading light in Tempo Giusto, a loosely-knit group of musicians who
argue that we play a lot of classical music too fast. I still listen
to his slower renditions of Mozart and Beethoven. This is his site,
parts of which are in English.

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pq, your private message box is full with 60 notes; please delete at least 20 of them so we can get thru privately to you....

PQ, do you have a medical background? You've offered wonderful advise above. If you do, please identify it when giving your replies.

example, I'm a RN or LPN, etc.... thanks!
Keep up the good work on replying to all posts.
Bettyg

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

Thanks Betty,
mail box purged.
no medical background. just many credits in physical sciences, and i do a lot of reading.

got my paperback "medical" degree from the universidad di "barnes & noble," medical textbook dept., new york city. [Cool] [Wink] [Razz] [lol]

[ 06. August 2006, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: pq ]

Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

The saltpipe is useful(do a search) and so is I suspect a Himalyan salt lamp which I have just got.

wallace

Many of us live and work in surroundings dominated by technology;
computers, televisions, copy machines, printers, microwave ovens,
air conditioners and heaters, just to name a few. These so
called "conveniences" emit an excessive amounts of positive ions
into the air we breath, which can result in mental and physical
exhaustion and effect overall wellness. The most DANGEROUS levels of
positive ions occur in POLLUTED CITIES. Exhaust fumes from cars,
trucks, and buses; factory smoke, cigarette smoke, dust and soot,
and electromagnetic pollution all combines to create a potent
mixture of POSITIVE IONS and OZONE that gradually destroys our lungs
and ruins our health.
Perhaps you have noticed that your feeling of well being is
intensified in pure mountain air, or at the seashore, or after a
thunderstorm. This is due to the higher concentration of negative
ions in these surroundings. It is no coincidence that healing spas
are, as a rule, located in areas with foaming salt water or roaring
mountain springs which generate plentiful negative ions which causes
air particles to achieve electrical or ionic balance.

Salt crystal lamps are highly suitable for daily use in the whole
house. In bed rooms, in living rooms, in dining rooms, in the hall
way, in meditation rooms, near televisions, computers and around
smokers. Use these beautiful lamps in offices to reduce fatigue, the
lamp will minimize the effect of all that radiation and beautifies
surroundings of your work area, it improves your concentration and
refreshes you by neutralizing the effects of an artificial
environment. Use the lamp in waiting rooms to create a relaxing
atmosphere, during massage therapy, and anywhere else you want to
restore or maintain the natural air quality. The benefit of ionizers
is well known. While most ionizers on the market are man made
machines, the salt crystal lamp is a beautiful alternative of mother
nature, without any noise and NO harmful OZONE!

Europeans have been aware of the HEALTH BENEFITS of salt for
generations, and people suffering from chronic congestive problems
go to clinics located in salt mines for treatment! It's called
SPELEOTHERAPY. The very dry, negative ion-rich environment of these
salt mines helps to clear out the patients' bronchial tubes and
sinuses, and to kill bacteria and other microbes.

WIELICZKA SALT MINE: Click for more information

WE SUGGEST: Small lamp as a night light. Because the lamp is passive
and not fan-driven, the radius of negative-ion output is limited. A
large lamp is strongly "therapeutic" out to about ten feet, and the
standard "medium" lamp out to about five feet. After that, the
therapeutic effect drops off fairly rapidly. Because negative-ions
are high-energy packets, their range of flight can extend out to
several yards. The lamp should be considered effective only for the
room in which it is located.

Salt Institute - The world's foremost source of authoritative
information about
salt (sodium chloride) and its more than 14,000 known uses.

Copyright 2001-2006 GAMA International Inc.

pingpong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pingpong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^

--------------------
pingpong

Posts: 361 | From At the Pingpong Tournament | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pingpong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pingpong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up for continued discussion

--------------------
pingpong

Posts: 361 | From At the Pingpong Tournament | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B R H
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for B R H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GiGi:
... Lida Mattman is the world expert on the L-forms (cell wall deficient bugs).

FWIW, Lida Mattman has said "the Marshall Protocol is a miracle." She was nominated for a Nobel prize in Medicine and Physiology in 1998.
Posts: 246 | From Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement