LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Has anyone tried these herbal protocols?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Has anyone tried these herbal protocols?
sweet pea
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet pea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone tried Dr. WLC's protocol that uses Cumanda, Burbur, etc., or the Heron Herbals protocol?

Thanks,
P

Posts: 449 | From Vermont | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been doing Cumanda and Burbur for a couple months now. I just got up to the full dose of Cumanda, 40 drops, this past weekend.

It took me a while because I got hit with vertigo, which I think was a combination of adding Cumanda while increasing Zith and being on Omnicef.

The big problem is I've had soft stools and nausea ever since starting. I really think it's the Burbur which is a detox. I notice I'm not as bad keeping the Burbur to twice a day, but my doc wants me taking it 4 times.

I can't eat vegetables or much protein without being sick. So it's kind of counter-productive for the yeast fighting. That's the main reason I started.

I'm still taking abx for the Lyme.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweet pea
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet pea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Aniek!
Posts: 449 | From Vermont | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
klutzo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for klutzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi sweet pea,
I've been on the Cowden Protocol, modified to fit me, for over a year now. I do not take ABX (I am allergic to all ABX except fluroquinolones). I had taken Samento alone for almost 2 years before adding Cumanda, etc.

I found Burbur to be useless, and switched to chlorella, taken with digestive enzymes to counteract the GI effects. That worked for detox and reduced my herx pain enough so I could raise Cumanda to full dose and Samento to about 1/2 dose.

BTW, I also could not digest veggies or protein until I started taking digestive enzymes with all meals and snacks. It was so bad, my hair was falling out. Now I can eat anything.

Samento makes me herx like crazy, and if I can stand a few days of awful herx, the break I get from it every 12 1/2 days will be wonderful, and I will feel normal for those two days. If I do not allow myself to herx miserably, I see little improvement once I take my time off.

The need to herx this strongly is a problem, since I have things I must do. It also goes against what I've been told by the maker's of Samento, ie. never allow yourself to herx....always drop one dose below that level to prevent organ damage.

I believe my problem to be due to a genetic inability to excrete toxins (The HLA D4R genes and probably the ApoE4 as well).

I also take Mg citrate 3-4 times daily, for a total of 660 mgs.) and find this essential to prevent dangerous heart herx sx.

I take 5 tabs daily of D-Ribose for energy and it is also essential for me to have energy to keep going when in herx pain.

Am I better? No. Why do I keep doing it then? Because I cannot take ABX, and no other alternative program/supplement/herb has made me herx,and I have tried them all. Only Samento does that, so I figure I would be even worse off if I stopped.

I also have other issues which may contribute to my illness, ie. serious head injury, and no way to tell which sx are due to which dx.

Klutzo

Posts: 1269 | From Clearwater, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Klutzo, I don't like it when I herx. I like just gradually feeling better and better. Which IS what is happening on the Buhner Protcols. Notice I said Protocols, NOT protocol. I have also added Coptis, SLOWLY, AFTER stopping Andrographis, and am doing well with that now too.

I have my life back, with NO abx for Lyme. I did have three days of LOW dose doxy, 200mg a day, for an infection after having a tooth surgically removed a few weeks ago. But only three days of that.

Otherwise it has been herbs only, since last February.

AND I can finally work pretty much 10 to 12 hours a day now out in the garage, or whereever.

Buhner's DO work, IF you keep at it religiously for several months, like I have. And the last I heard, JWF and his wife also do well on their protocols.

One or two herbs aren't going to do it though.

JMO.

Jim [Cool]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sweet pea,

Don't think anyone here has tried the Heron Herbals protocol. I asked about this before. I actually sent a couple of emails to the herbalist and talked to one of her patients by phone.

The patient was on both antibiotics and the herbs for Lyme and babesia -- they felt like the herbs were a big part of their improvement. Patient considers themselves in remission.

I haven't pursued this further for hubby at this time. May in the future -- however herbalist felt she would need to see hubby in person to be effective due to complexity of his case and right now a trip to Vermont is kind of out of the question.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweet pea
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6495

Thanks Klutzo and Bea.

Klutzo,

Thanks for your explanation...sorry you have all those other issues, luckily I can take almost anything without GI or serious herxing problems.

Bea,

I'll post something if I do indeed try the protocol.

P

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement