LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Any Idea's for breakfast, while having Yeast?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any Idea's for breakfast, while having Yeast?
BostonLyme2005
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Does anyone have any idea's for good foods to eat while on a Candida/Yeast Diet.

Doing better!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yoghurt cheese with eggs or organic sausage.

Omelets...

Check out Dr. Atkins diet....good recipes for low carb. meals.

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
which part of the diet?

during the first month total elimination phase I lived on two things for breakfast: eggs with a huge amt of fresh cut up veggies scrambled in, and sometimes sliced up leftover turkey or chicken; and every other day I ate a huge sweet potato with butter for variety. Not too bad.

Two months down the road, a couple days a week I'm comfortable having plain yogurt mixed with banana or fresh pineapple and a large handful of flaxseed (groundup) meal. Very filling and pretty darn tast too..

Glad you're doing better!

Dilly

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At some point you might be able to add Ezekiel Bread.

It has been sprouted first so it isn't actually bread. They make a raisin bread that is really good in the morning. That is the only "bread" I eat.

Ezekiel bread also makes buns - I cut them in half as they are so thick and use Vegenaise for mayo. You can make a good sandwich with chicken or whatever meat you like.

Last night I was hungry around 9:00 and had to scrambled eggs with real butter.

Sandy

Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eating a protein FIRST will not trigger insulin...and Bb loves it when insulin is triggered.

Eggs...oh, yea!

And the bread above is WONDERFUL. It is usually in the refrigerated section of supermarkets.

Peanut butter on top is an alternative.

If you want to add a "little" jam...make it blackberry. Don't think sugar, think tannins...very powerful.

Tea...green or black.

Of course...take a load of probiotics one hour BEFORE breakfast with a full glass of a good water such as Nestle, "Pure Life". Walmart carries it as well as some grocery stores. Read what it contains.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisianthus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisianthus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite breakfast.....

Mexican ommlet----

One egg
Taco seasoned hamburger (make sure no MSGS)
Chedder cheese
Fried Green pepers
Fried Onions
Sour Cream
Salsa

Mmmmmmm tasty!

Usually I'll make extra meat when I make tacos and refrigerate it for breakfast the next morning.

Or if I'm not that hungry, I'll eat a plain rice cake with natural peanut butter and sliced bananas on top.

Lisi

--------------------
yahoo 360 http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-UqSNGiA9crUMRW.lFNGN5Jk-?cq=1

Posts: 986 | From Michigan | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penn92
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penn92     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Help me out here, folks. I read that peanut butter is a big no-no on the yeast diet - peanuts are prone to mold. True or not? I've been substituting raw unsalted almond butter which is also quite tasty.

--------------------
Getting older is when we would rather not have a good time
than have to get over it. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 386 | From Radnor, PA - where the ticks run free | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jellybelly
Member # 7142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jellybelly   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't the question about what to eat while on the YEAST DIET?

I have a hard time with breakfast too. I am just in the learning process but cheese is a BIG no-no, as are dairy products. Peanuts also on the no-no list.

Sweet potatoes, I love them, but they shouldn't be eaten in the first month. They are on the occasional list, but only after a term on the very short ok list. Jams, even blackberry, a no-no, and blackeberries are my favorite, UNLESS possibly it is sugar free, but the berrries themselves contain sugar.

Eggs, shoud be organic.

Doesn't leave much, Shouldn't even eat tomatoes???? Does that vegonaise have vinegar in it?

Posts: 1251 | From california | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiles132002
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiles132002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am having such a hard time with breakfast as well. I don't have a yeast problem, but I can't eat eggs (my body doesn't absorb them), dairy makes me really sick, and of course breads are a big NO NO!

What do you eat? I tried baccon for a while, oatmeal, yogurt-but I want something NEW, something that tickles my tongue.

Thanks
Lindsay

Posts: 484 | From Burlingame, Ca | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarsyNY
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarsyNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what about Soy breakfasts? I see everything made out of soy - links, bacon, patties, eggs, houses.. Soy cereal no sugar.
(Avoid too much if thyroid is a concern)

If you think out of the breakfast box there are
alot of other things that you can eat in the am,
tempeh, lox, sliced steak, cottage cheese.

Huevos Ranceros with black beans (if you have the
time) Eating beans produces a slow rise in blood
sugar, which means you produce less insulin which triggers hunger and are less likey to eat
more later in the day. I do like the beans for
this reason.

If you are in a hurry there are some great protein shakes, soy, egg or whey based that besides building muscle and body tissues, also
supply naturally occurring immunoglobulins and
antioxidants.

My favorite, the old vegetable cheese omlette.
Hold the toast, jelly, orange juice..

Posts: 465 | From New York, NY | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nomoremuscles
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nomoremuscles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
8 oz. flank steak
1+ lbs. steamed or sauted vegetables

salmon omelet
1+ lbs. steamed or sauted vegetables

Etc.

Posts: 845 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisianthus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisianthus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think everyone is different and some people can tolerate certain things while others cannot. You have to find out what your body can tolerate.

I can eat peanut butter and have no effects from it, but wheat is a NO-NO for me.

I can eat a certain amount of fruit without it bothering me. I also know when I have too much, then I cut back. Fruits are very good for you, I don't believe in cutting them out totally.

I love sweet potatoes, I eat them too. All vegetables are carbs!

I cannot tolerate any amount of soy, it bothers my stomach.

Lisi

--------------------
yahoo 360 http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-UqSNGiA9crUMRW.lFNGN5Jk-?cq=1

Posts: 986 | From Michigan | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
on top of trying to maintain a yeast free diet or at best, a limited yeast diet, try having to watch cholestoral at the SAME time.

yikes.

I've ended up with a bran muffin with very little sugar or fat and coffee with a lot of skimmed milk. keeps me filled up until lunch. not perfect, but maintainable.

really can only have eggs a couple times a week, max. forget bacon. ground meat is not possible early in the a.m. even if it's turkey and lean enough. sometimes i add some almonds.

most of the time it works. when i CHEAT at lunch and or dinner and snacks i find out pretty quickly.

--------------------
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield  -

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jellybelly
Member # 7142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jellybelly   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people are talking a YEAST diet and others aren't.

On yeast diet to start there are certain things that you should NOT do. Peanut butter is ALWAYS a no-no. Peanuts get moldy very easily.

Bacon is out, as is all processed meats. Eggs, are in, but I can't eat many because I have very elevated D levels and I get leg cramps from them, same with smoked salmon, which I love, but it's on the no-no list anyways.
Can't tolerate much soy, because the thyroid swells.

IF you are on the candida diet for SERIOUS yeast issues, then sticking to the diet for about the first 3 months is recommended. THEN if you are doing better, you can move to some additional foods, that are only to be consumed in moderation.

Dealing with yeast sucks, and so does the diet. But for some there is no other option.

Fruit juice, peanuts, peanut butter, all processed meats, wheat, caffeine, including chocolate, black pepper, coffee, black tea, pickeld vegies [Eek!] EVERYTHING YUMMY is out.

One of the simplest pleasures in life, and so many of us are robbed of that. For some it will be a permenant change, for others they may be able to use some of the absolute no-nos in moderation.

BUT when you are on ABX, sticking with the yeast diet ALL the way is VERY important. I learned this the hard way, and I was only on a tiny dose of ABX and ate pretty good. Very few carbs, lots of greens, no wheat, occasional margarita, lots of salsa, and the occasional candy bar for the occasional sugar craving. Did fine for years and then one day while on about 4 weeks of ABX [bonk] it hit me, like steam roller. Took some time to figure out what was wrong, but now I am feeling better. I think one of the things that caused me many problems was the balsamic vinegar on my greens.

So back to breakfast. There are omelets, with vegies, and what else [confused]

Posts: 1251 | From california | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since becoming gluten intolerant, I've realized that soy is also a problem for me, as is dairy.

Soy is NOT that good for us, in my opinion.

see this or read on www.mercola.com about it

www.dogtorj.net

Candida diet and elimination:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/021412.html
http://www.wholeapproach.com/diet/

I eat eggs for breakfast.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Rob,
As you know I had to be super strict (absolutely no grain, sugar, fruit, or sweet vegetables) on the anti yeast diet for a full year before being able to ease up a little. Now I am able to add some things back in.

There was an adjustment period but I got to like the diet. I feel much better having vegetables for breakfast & no coffee. When I travel I bring vegetables & boiled eggs to make sure I can have a healthy breakfast. Almost everything in a typical American brekfast is off limits on the anti yeast diet.

My breakfast most days is a large salad consisting of lots of chopped organic vegetables and then various toppings to add protein and make it more filling. I vary the toppings from day to day to keep it interesting. Dressing is organic olive oil and vinegar (I was OK with vinegar, some people prefer lemon juice but groovy says to avoid citrus.

Toppings for salad:
chopped up boiled or fried egg
avocado
almonds
pumpkin seeds
chicken or meat (Cook extra the night before)
Chicken salad, tuna salad, egg salad etc.
shrimp
sardines
beans
hummus
tuna (not too often because of mercury)
Occaisional feta cheese or goat cheese

Some days I have green salad with leafy things like lettuce, arugula, parsley, spinach etc.

Other days it is more like a Greek or Israeli salad with chopped cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, celery (I'm OK with them) scallions etc.

Other vegetables I use include shredded cabbage, cooked beets (occasional)celery root, corn (occasional)cauliflower, broccoli...

On non salad days I have sauteed or stir fried vegetables with a little meat or an egg scrambled in. Sprinkle with nuts or seeds. You could put a fried egg on top.

Now that I don't need to be as strict I sometimes add rice to the stirfry (white works better for me than brown) I sometimes add rice noodles to my salad. (Cellophane noodles you soak in boiling water).

Vegetables & Nuts are the basis of my diet at every meal.

A quick breakfast could be hummus scooped up with celery sticks and other vegetables.

It takes a lot of time to prepare so many vegetables but it is worth the effort. I'll pm you about a great way to get organic vegetables in the Boston area.
hats

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ashleygait
Member # 10398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ashleygait     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a bunch of really good candida-diet recipes go to www.wholeapproachforums.com and click on the recipe section--it's great.

Try doing a flax seed shake--it's incredibly filling and full of fiber, low in carbs.

4 heaping Tbs. ground flax meal

1 heaping Tbs, vanilla flavored rice protein

2 tsp. almond extract

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp. stevia (more if needed)

16 oz water

Throw in a blender for at least a full minute and drink relatively quickly--it's delicious!

You can use hemp seeds as well (but you'll need to soak them at least 16 hours before trying this).

Good luck all!

Ashley [Big Grin]

Posts: 77 | From New York | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettex99
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettex99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I get tired of eggs I like buckwheat or amaranth pancakes with cinnamon and roasted pumpkin seeds, nummy.
Posts: 160 | From texas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All

When I first was eating No carb diet I was to
sick to worry about what tasted good -

My stomic was trashed --

Really the only thing I could eat was
steamed chicken-brocclli and califlower-garlic
Everyday-every meal for about 3 yrs--mmmmmm

Then I was able to add nuts-
eggs-green veggies and cheese ect--

The most important thing I learned is
if you cheat on- No Card diet-
you will pay- everytime- Not worth it-

Now after thousands of No-Low carb meals
I can perty much eat what I want -
- I still am perty careful tho --

But I did eat 2 Whole apple pies last week
in 2 days to treat myself- Was Good--Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BostonLyme2005
Unregistered

Thanks to all the beautiful people who are walking this lonely road along side of me!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ashley....is the rice protein a powder??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ashleygait
Member # 10398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ashleygait     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lymetutu--I love it!!

The rice protein I use is the vegan Nutribiotic vanilla version. I've heard there's a chocolate version too but I generally stay away from cocoa (but not always!).

I"ve found it to be a real help because it's actually filling and in seed and nut shakes it adds the flavor to a sweet treat without adding any extra carbs. It's also free of soy or dairy (two big nonos for me).

I also wanted to mention that I ate what would be considered lunch or dinner meals at breakfast for two years as well because I only had one very small carb portion a day.

Good luck to everyone out there doing this. It's not an easy change to make, but diet is everything!!! I say give your body every bit of ammo it needs to beat this thing! [bonk]

Take care,

Ashley [Wink]

Posts: 77 | From New York | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

I eat egg white and spinach omlettes and many times salmon or organic beef..and yogurt too.
I make my own yogurt. [Smile]

cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually have a veggie stir fry...with some chicken left over from the night before...or a turkey burger.

i just started eating eggs again, so once a week i have 3 scrambled eggs.

a few times a month i make almond flour pancakes too...no sugar.

prior to lyme i used to always say, i could only eat breakfast type foods for breakfast......so if i can make the change anyone can.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BostonLyme2005
Unregistered

Hi Guys,

So many wonderful idea's...Thanks!

BostonLyme2005
Unregistered

Hi,

I am trying new idea's for breakfast and other meals. Thanks for the help! Some of these things are too much $$$$, so I go without and use something else, or nothing....

I am going to do a plain, strict diet for 6-8 weeks...No exceptions! Mark my progress too.

DeniseS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeniseS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple helpful ideas I found on an anti-yeast website (link below) are:

French "Toast"
Dip thin slices of eggplant in egg, stevia, cinnamon and fry in a pan. It sounds strange but it really helped with my breakfast food cravings.

Flax Cereal
Grind flax seed in a clean coffee grinder. Add hot water. Let sit for 5 minutes. Stir and add stevia and cinnamon. Yummy.

Flax Muffins from this website:
http://wholeapproachforums.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/6056011311
I'd make them and freeze some for later.

Denise

Posts: 261 | From San Mateo, CA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BostonLyme2005
Unregistered

Hi,

never thought cinnamon would be good for us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement