LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Tick Tac Toe- WORMSER's GOTTA GO!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tick Tac Toe- WORMSER's GOTTA GO!
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Infectious Diseases Society of America

has declared war on patients!

FIGHT BACK!

PATIENTS RIGHTS PROTEST!

Dear Friends,

Chronic Lyme disease has been banished as a disease!

No conventional or alternative treatments are recommended!

Doctors cannot make a clinical diagnosis anymore!

This is a pivotal moment in the history of Lyme disease.

It is time for patients to fight back!

This protest is part of a national agenda to get back control of our treatment and our lives.

Your participation is critical!

Patients are already being denied coverage. Doctors are backing off treating. There is no room for clinical experience with the new guidelines.

This insidious disease is devastating the lives of children, families and our communities, while much of the medical establishment continues to deny the severity of this public health crisis.

The Infectious Disease Society of America has released a new set of reckless guidelines that will IMMEDIATELY impact all of us.

Ruled by a few:

14 IDSA committee members created these new guidelines

14 IDSA committee members and the IDSA board were the only ones to vote & approve guidelines

Patients and treating physicians were denied input into guidelines.

This small group holds our health and lives in their hands.

Guidelines impact:

Diagnosis is no longer clinical but rather only by CDC positive surveillance blood test or EM rash,

Will miss 50% of Lyme cases leading to the potential for severe debilitating chronic disease.

Insurance companies will be empowered to deny coverage.

State medical boards have strong basis to prosecute our doctors.

School districts may utilize guidelines to not address special needs of students with chronic Lyme.

Child protective Agencies may file inappropriate charges in custody cases.

We need to hold the IDSA responsible and accountable and let the world know what they are doing.

New York Medical College/Westchester Medical Center is home to three of the IDSA committee members we will not quietly tolerate them harboring this group.

What you need to do!

Show up ~ Numbers count!

Bring family and friends.

If to far/ill to attend see website (Lymenews.org) to help with other protest efforts.

Print out and distribute attached flyer at your local doctor's offices, grocery stores, libraries etc.

Inform and update media

See you there.

Lyme Rights

www.Lymenews.org

[Big Grin]

[woohoo]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DR. Wiseass
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DR. Wiseass   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ready to BOOGIE in NY!

Digging my suitcase back out....and looking for my dancin' boots!

Hugs & [kiss]

--------------------
DR. Wiseass
NOT a real doc - just a real wise  -
 -

Posts: 792 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DR. Wiseass
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DR. Wiseass   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ready to BOOGIE in NY!

Digging my suitcase back out....and looking for my dancin' boots!

Hugs & [kiss]

--------------------
DR. Wiseass
NOT a real doc - just a real wise  -
 -

Posts: 792 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TAKE A STAND AGAINST THE IDSA NEW Lyme Disease Guidelines

Dr. Gary Wormser (lead author) @ Westchester Medical Center

Thursday November 30th 12 - 3 PM

Westchester Medical Center (South entrance) ~ Valhalla, NY

(No parking at protest site - shuttle bus location, Comfort Inn, Hawthorne, NY)

New IDSA guidelines:

Guarantee people will not be diagnosed & treated in time

Empower insurance companies to deny treatment coverage

Threaten your physician's ability to treat

Need everyone there by noon! - Shuttle Bus to start at 11am

For Important Information:

Go to www.Lymenews.org

For directions, hotel info, bus routes, shuttle bus service to protest site.

Please RSVP to ensure enough parking spaces - bring food & water, umbrellas, chairs, signs

Questions please contact Lia at:

[email protected]

or (914) 474-2679

Lyme Rights

[lol]

[lol]

[lol]

Thursday November 30th 12 - 3 PM

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TC, I sent my notice onto my lyme list! I won't be able to attend, but I will set up my own protest in the warmth of my bedroom/pc area giving you all my 100% support!

Go get em gals/guys! [group hug] [kiss]
I'll see if you make the NATIONAL NEWS ANYWHERE!!!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since we have a song site now(greatest hits of the Lymenuts, maybe some appropriate ones could be sung at the protest...
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going on a DUCK HUNT? YES I am!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
woot! i'll be there!!

~heather
[Smile]

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ldfighter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ldfighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES!!! This is what we need to do to make a powerful statement. I'll be there!!!
Posts: 621 | From US | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kumba
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kumba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be there too. I read in one of the articles that Wormser stated something to the effect that he was puzzled by the animosity the guidelines have generated! Maybe he should sit in the offices of some LLMD's around the country so he's not so out of touch! There were 14 "authors" of these new guidelines..why wasn't any LLMD's allowed on the board to present their research supporting data?? I'm new to all this so forgive my ignorance. but I know enough to be pizzed off!!

Any ideas for signs for the rally??

Posts: 145 | From NorthEast US | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woo hoo! Looks like we've got us a CONVOY!!

[Big Grin]

This IS the big event. If you've not been able to make the hearings and other events.. SERIOUSLY try to get to this one.

We MUST be heard! And we WILL change history.

If the mountain won't come to us..

We will go to the mountain!

We are on a roll. We NEED you there. Buses will be headed to the site.. so do check every day for updates.. as they become available!

http://www.lymenews.org

[Big Grin]

``````````````````````````````````````````````

Kumba said..

"There were 14 "authors" of these new guidelines..why wasn't any LLMD's allowed on the board to present their research supporting data??"

The dopes who wrote this incredibly ignorant trash only documented about 2 percent of all available medical literature... and if you will look at it.. much of it was their own SORRY stuff!

They don't know how to play nice. They can't be right if they admit there is more out there.. or allow us a voice.

Dirty rotten scoundrels!

[cussing]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been trying to find a way to get there from here.

I really do want to be there!

I've been doing searches and the cheapest airfare from here is $182 and change... combined with lodging, food, other transportation, etc.

I just don't have it. I'm sorry (and disappointed). [Frown]

Anyone that wants to make a cardboard cut out of me and bring it along for the ride, I'd appreciate it.

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tick Tac Toe - this subject line has got to go.

How about something plainer like MAJOR PROTEST IN VALHALLA, NY - SEE THE WORM SQUIRM - NOV 30

Because I don't think as many people will realize this is the long awaited info on the protest. Plus, the way lymenet has been down lately, it will be hard to get the scoop out to the troops. (Does anyone know why this is happening? Can someone find out? It is a real hindrance to this effort.)

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good point, Lou.

I read about this on the Yahoo! group, but couldn't for the life of me figger out why it wasn't on LymeNet yet...

NOW I see it IS!

A subject line change would definitely help.

I thought maybe we were just being crafty!

Though I admit I do love the sound of 'Wormser's gotta go' -- !

I read every single one a Mz. Tinny's posts most avidly, but LymeNet's time on the airwaves has been a bit sketchy lately...

Mobilize the troops!

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lou said..

"Tick Tac Toe - this subject line has got to go."

HA! Funny one you are.

I used that line because it is the "official slogan" for the protest that someone came up with a while back. I believe signs are being made up saying that line.

BUT.. how about this.. and I've been TRYING to get on Lyme Net and STAY.. but as you know it is down... then up.. then down. Several of my posts were lost as it went down while trying to start them!

Sooooooooooooo.. I will start a new one with that line now.. IF the board doesn't shut down before I can transfer it.

Please if you will.. we are in a tornado watch.. so I'll be shutting down.. may lose electric.. etc..

Keep the posts to the top.. without that red pin thingy... and having it "stuck" there. That thing is annoying to me.

Thanks!

[Big Grin]

Do check each day for updates to the site for the protest.. in case we can't get on here.

www.lymenews.org

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement