LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » ABX for heart attack?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ABX for heart attack?
AliG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found this interesting, blinding, but interesting:

Heart Attack, a Bacterial Cause? - Univ of Wisc.

excerpt:

In a study of male patients six months after a heart attack, patients were treated with one or two courses of an antibiotic for three days.

It was found that the treated patients had a dramatic decrease in unwanted cardiovascular events (Campbell, 1998).

In another study involving 88 patients with procedures to increase blood flow to the heart (i.e. angioplasty or stents), subjects were treated with the antibiotic for 28 days or given a placebo.

The treated patients had lower frequencies of the disease recurring than did the placebo group (9% vs. 16% after six months).

In addition the frequency of recurrent angina was lower in the treated group (40%) than the control group (60%) (Campbell, 1998).

Another human subjects study was performed on more than two hundred patients hospitalized with unstable angina or specific kinds of heart attacks.

Half were treated with an antibiotic twice a day for 30 days and half received a placebo.

After 30 days the treated group evidenced a statistically significant drop in unwanted cardiac events as compared to the untreated group (Campbell, 1998).

One of these days, I'll start breaking these things up BEFORE I read them. [dizzy]

[sleepy]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
..."and half had Lyme!".... MY quote, not theirs!! [Wink]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ali, I love your icon at the end! [Eek!]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nellypointis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nellypointis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nimzovich76:
[QB] Lymetoo are you sure is their quote? they don't mention lyme in that article (did I miss it?) [QUOTE]

Lymetoo said:"MY quote not THEIRS"

quote:

however if you were to take all the conditions that are theorized to implicate the bacteria and added them up it wouldn't amount to 5% percent of the population.
quote:

How do you get to such a %?

Nelly

Posts: 416 | From france | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My lyme has gone into Rheum. Arthritis. Not for one minute did I believe my immune system was overactive. I knew it was sick, sick, sick.

I found a doctor to treat my whole body. Since April he has been working hard to detox and to strenghten my immune system. I am thriving.

Note I said STRENGHTEN, not subdue.

Subduing our immune systems is like taking all weapons away from our soldiers and sending them to war naked.

I do not believe in auto immune. I believe in an infectious cause such as lyme.

So far my theory is working. I am not alone in these results. If you research RA, you will find many who believe in an infectious cause and by treating infections and NOT subduing the immune system, many are recovering.

www.roadback.org
www.arthritistrust.org

Lyme does attack the heart. So do many other bacteria. People with RA are at risk for heart and other organ disease.

Please do not subdue your immune system, not even temporarily. Rather, change your internal environment to be a hostile environment for fungi and bad bacteria. WATCH YOUR DIET CAREFULLY!! You are always either fueling you or fueling them.

Your bodies are damaged and not functioning correctly therefore you are diseased. Find a doctor who understands this and can identify the weak areas of your body and knows how to build those areas back up.

This will give your medications the foundation they need to effectively eradicate the lyme and other bacteria and fungi.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good one, TuTu! [lol]

Luvs-
Thanks for the great links! I have to say, I'm with you on this one.

Maybe Roadback has the right idea. Now let's just show that CFS, Fibro, MS and the others respond to ABX.

Then it doesn't really matter if IDSA says they've cured us when they haven't. The treatment for all the alternatives will be ABX. [Wink]

Why doesn't someone do trials of the Burrascano Protocol on all these "autoimmune disorders"? Maybe it's effective for "autoimmune"
disorders as well. [Big Grin]

Then we can all get well while they all fight with each other! [woohoo] [group hug]

[Big Grin]
Ali

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On a Lyme Conference DVD I have, Lida Mattman talks about Chlamydia pneumonia causing heart attacks. She says that if you have a friend who has had a heart attack, send them some flowers or a nice card - don't go visit them!!

It is an airborne bacteria, and you can pick it up easily. And though it may not affect YOU, you may pass it on to your husband or mother or someone else who WILL be affected and end up with a heart attack.

So, it appears that there are individual immune factors that are involved with this, for sure. But it is certainly spooky to think you might accidentally be a carrier for something like this without even knowing it.

Tracy

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nimzovich76:
Nelly, Lymetoo

My bad [shake] , I don't know why I thought I saw it the other way around, I guess I'm going to go ahead and blame it on my lyme brain.

You might as well!! I always do! [bonk]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
radiogirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for radiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just dont believe in auto immune anymore.Too many doomed patients who are auto immune and were lucky enough to find the work of Thomas Brown and the Nicolsons along with scores of other microbiologists have gone into remission using abx.

I was told over and over again by the finest physicians in the country I was autoimmune until one day G.Nicolson said try doxy your immune system is NOT STUPID it is NOT attacking itself.

He said you have and infection probably several intracellular and your body cant fight them adding inflammation to the mix.

Well guess what after all the immune suppressing drugs that just masked the problem the doxy began addressing it.WHAMMO HERX ! Now go to the roadback website and ask how many there who were given no hope because of thier autoimmune disease will kill them.You will find many who treat these severe diseases with abx and get remission.

There are a plethora of bacteria that change form and hide in the immune system and slowly cause many auto immune .So I NO LONGER subscribe to the OH WELL its autoimmune so just accept it like my famous PANEL of docs said I should.

I went with DR.Garth and Nancy Nicolson Lida Mattman and yes the work going on at Marshall protocol. Because it worked for me and my daughter.All those fancy doctors WERE WRONG and the damage done to me and my daughter by the immune suppressing drugs is just criminal.

WE were sick and we felt sick and then when we herxed jackpot I WAS RIGHT and so was DR NICOLSON.
People on the road back site herx too.The science is now going in the direction slowly but surely of the effects of microbes pleomorphing .I have a friend who is a nuerosurgeon who is single and refuses to open mouth kiss his dates.I used to tease him but he said if I saw what he saw under the microscope growing in the brain tissue I wouldnt either hmmmmmmmmmmmm

dismount soap box now,RG

Posts: 140 | From Texas | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nims

I knew my immune system was weakened, not overactive. Overactive didn't even make sense to me and that was before I began research.

I can't give words to explain how I knew, I just knew. And when the Rheumy first diagnosed me, he said "We don't know what causes it and we don't know how to cure it. I'm going to put you on methotrexate. It will slow down the disease. It is safe and has a long history of effectiveness."

Talk about taking away my hope! When I read the phamphlet he gave me about metho, I looked at my husband and said "If I take this drug, it will kill me." I knew I had lyme even though the Rheumie looked at my Igenex report and said "You've had lyme, its gone now."

Cancer is not autoimmune. I've never heard that it was. I thought it was common knowledge that cancer cells are the problem. Cancer cells don't come from the immune system attacking itself, do they? I don't have cancer and haven't made a study of it, but I've never heard it called autoimmune.

Regarding my own body, I never believed my immune system got mixed up or suddenly turned hostile on me. Also, I am not a pessimistic thinker and my brain could not accept no cure as a diagnosis.

My body got sick. It got into this condition and there had to be a way out of this condition. I just had to find the way. That was all my brain could think.

I started researching RA as hard as I had been researching Lyme and I quickly learned about Lyme's connection. Also, other bacterias. Also, diet and food allergies. Also, metals and yeast.

Geezzz! I had lots of possible solutions. Now I put my engines on full steam. I put down a list of all possible causes. First, easiest test I could do was to go Vegan diet. That is no meat, dairy, eggs or sugar. I found a website that is researching the diet connection to RA. It said if this was going to help me, I would know it within 2 weeks. Well, that was simple. And within 2 weeks I had 50% or more improvement. WOW!!!!!!! Food was definitely a trigger. Now, I knew more than ever that my immune system was not attacking itself. There was a cause and my immune system was trying to eradicate the enemy. But my immune system was not able to do the job.

www.drmcdougall.com

I went in search of a doctor who understands the body, nutrition, leaky gut, heavy metals, systemic yeast, etc. Lyme was not my target anymore.

I found such a doctor and I am getting better and better all the time. Most days, I have no pain, though today I awoke a little stiff. No doubt some of the T-givings goodies yesterday had foods in them I should not have eaten.

Today, I will Vegan all day long (I have not had to stay Vegan since a food allergy bloodtest revealed my allergic foods) I find anytime my joint pains return, I just Vegan or better still, juice fast (that is a tough one for me), the pain goes away.

The rheumie angrily agreed to the low dose minocycline 100mgs Mon,Weds,Fri and I get mino from him.

When I went back to the rheumie for my 6 mth checkup he was so surprised and pleased at my improvement, he was giddy. Unfortunately, he did not seem too interested in all the work I was doing outside the mino. He did prescribe another 6 mths mino and I'm taking it.

Even my other doctor doesn't want to see me stop the mino because he believes it works as an anti-inflamatory and is "holding back the tiger while we clear up the body of the metals and yeast."

A CD-57 test resulted in 75 which is inside the normal range. My doctor says he still believes that is low enough to say I do still have lyme but we are winning the war.

He doesn't see Lyme as the main enemy. I know that doesn't sit well here, but this whole regimin is working for me. He believes the lyme is opportunistic and came to life along with the yeast when my immune system became overwhelmed by my high level of lead toxicity. I tested 3xs the highest acceptable limit. I also have low DHEA and my adrenals are fatigued. My liver was stressed and not detoxing normally.

Blah-Blah-Blah! I know you only want to hear about lyme, but guys I'm doing so well. Yes, I have lyme, but I was bit in 1995 and after 6 mths of abx, I was back to normal. I don't believe the lyme bug was eradicated, just like my chicken pox virus was never eradicated. But long as my immune system is STRONG, these guys live in harmony with my body. My immune system didn't need to be stripped of its guns. It needed support troops sent in.

I absolutely believe I will be well again and this time, I am going to take care of my gut! I don't ever want to be this sick again until I'm ready to die.

Luvs

--------------------

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Nimz,

I guess I am missing your point. On what point exactly do we disagree?

If you didn't say cancer is autoimmune and I don't believe it is autoimmune, then I guess we actually agree on that point.

Do you mean we disagree as to whether or not an autoimmune condition can exist?

I do not accept the immune system suddenly freaking out and attacking the body. I believe in an infectious cause and/or a condition of malnutrition creating a sick body and leading to all illness. Sometimes the damage is beyond the point of no return.

Luvs

--------------------

luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Nims

Cancer cells do not happen by accident. They are formed when too many free radicals are in our bodies and our bodies are not removing these free radicals fast enough.

I have read and it sounds right to me that cancer is a disease of malnutrition. Even though we are obese as a country, we are also very malnurished. Thanks McDonalds, KFC, Burger King, Pizza Hut, and all other deliverers of fake food.

If you poured fake gas in your car, it would not continue to run for very long. It is amazing testimony to how wonderfully we are made that we can survive as well as we do.

So, I just don't believe the immune system turns on itself or if an illness should damage the immune system badly enough to make it malfunction in such a way, I do not believe it cannot be undone. Many people with "autoimmune" disorders go into remission. Did the immune system suddenly come back to its senses?

I do believe bacteria and fungi can reek havoc on the body. I do believe CWD bacteria can hide in the tissues and the immune system is not at all out of whack when it attacks these tissues in its attempt to rid the body of the bacteria.

I do believe the best thing is to rid the body of the bacteria and fungi causing the immune system to attack. The immune system then calms down and life is good.

I not only believe this, but I am fast becoming proof positive it works as my own RA is quickly being subdued.

But then I am just a sick person trying to get well.

Luvs

--------------------

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luvs and Nimz,

In my opinion, the medical community has mistakenly blamed the immune system for these disorders, which has led them down a dangerous path of treatment.

The Lyme organism has the largest array of possible surface proteins of any organism on the planet, which it can change at will. It is these surface proteins that the immune system uses to identify ``the enemy''.

When the Lyme bacteria surface protein sufficiently resembles that of a ``host cell'', you have an ``autoimmune disease''.

That's why so many people diagnosed with MS, ALS, Lupus, Crohn's, RA, etc. find out eventually that they have Lyme Disease. It is not the immune system that has gone crazy; it is the simply that the immune system can no longer tell the difference between certain healthy cells and the Lyme bacteria.

So, if we look at it from this perspective, then it makes sense that taking antibiotics will help resolve the problem. Once exposed to the abx, those Lyme bugs that are not killed outright will react accordingly.

For starters, killing some spirochetes should ease the aggression of the immune response - fewer bugs, less response. Also, many will revert to the cyst form, which will slow down both invasion and the replication processes. And lastly - and perhaps most importantly - in another effort to hide from the abx, some of the bugs will change their surface protein, and when that surface protein no longer looks like a healthy host cell, the immune system stops attacking it.

That's my understanding of ``autoimmune'' problems as they relate to Lyme and many other organisms that use methods of disguise to trick the immune system.

So, it isn't our immune systems that have gone crazy; it is the medical profession. [Big Grin]

Tracy

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Nimz,

I bow to your argument. It sounds reasonable.

Truth [Big Grin]

I wish none of us had to even contemplate these stupid illnesses.

Luv

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement