LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » PROTEST: DROP EVERYTHING and COME TOMORROW !!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PROTEST: DROP EVERYTHING and COME TOMORROW !!!!!!
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DROP EVERYTHING!! IF YOU WERE THINKING YOU WON'T COME ... CHANGE YOUR MIND !!
YOUR QUALITY OF LIFE DEPENDS ON IT !!
CHILDREN ALL OVER THE COUNTRY DEPEND ON YOU !!
THESE GUILDELINES WILL COMPLETELY CUT OFF YOUR LYME CARE, NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE OR WHAT DOCTOR YOU SEE !!!

PLEASE PLAN TO PROTEST SERIOUSLY AND IN UNISON.

ALERT FROM PROTEST COMMITTEE:

ATTIRE:

Lyme Green is great but PLEASE no costumes!!!!

We need to be taken seriously! Thank you!

Lyme Rights Committee

and PLEASE be sure all signs are tasteful and clear

just come and bring people with you, and a sign if you can manage it, if not, that's OK too !!

YES, I KNOW ALL CAPS MEANS YELLING, AND I AM YELLING -- WHICH I HAVE NEVER DONE BEFORE!

THIS IS THE MOST CRITICAL EVENT WE HAVE FACED!

IF WE ALL DO NOT MAKE EVERY HUMANLY FEASABLE EFFORT TO GO, THE IDSA WILL WIN.

NOONE HERE EXPRESSING (or recognizing) ANGUISH OVER THE SUFFERING WE AND THE CHILDREN HAVE FACED RELATED TO THIS DISEASE CAN AFFORD
*N O T* TO BE THERE!!!!

PLEASE SIGN UP AND MAKE YOUR PLANS TO COME.

I KNOW TRAVEL IS DIFFICULT.

I KNOW IT IS THE HOLIDAY SEASON, BUT THIS IS WHEN THE GUIDELINES HAVE COME OUT.
THIS TIMING CANNOT BE DELAYED!!

(my family is facing great hardship now, but we are going)

This just in: the weather is going to be nice and in the 60's !!

LOOK --

IF THESE GUIDELINES ARE NOT ROUNDLY OPPOSED IN GREAT NUMBERS VIA BODIES PRESENT, ALL OUR DAY-TO-DAY-LIVES WILL BE DRASTICALLY EFFECTED IN A SIGNIFICANTLY NEGATIVE WAY.

i have been here a long time, and have heard every chronic sufferer voice their frustrations at the system that opressesd the recognition and treatment of Lyme disease.

ALL of those people effected should be driving, flying, bussing to face off with the IDSA.

we need to see the attendance numbers grow ten times over.

COME!!!!! this is the time to act and be heard.

if you don't, then you are sending a message of acceptance of the crimes of Lyme.

www.Lymenews.org

mo

-

....it is time.

[ 29. November 2006, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Mo ]

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'll be there!!! [Big Grin]

~heather

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9123

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where/when is it being held?
Posts: 170 | From Vancouver | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going -but I was thinking about how events gain momentum-and this should become an annual event. LIke the quilts for Aids in DC, or Breast Cancer's Race for the Cure.

I wish we could plan regional events on a yearly basis like Ticknic in the Park or something.

Doesn't even have to be a protest-a yearly planned event -to make a statement, to draw attention, to focus our needs and I bet gain momentum-cause Lyme Disease sure isn't going away.

I'm going-and the turn out this year may be smaller than we would like-but I bet it would be bigger next year. Isn't the term "ground swell?"

I bet we have enough people locally in Md. who would join us for a Ticknick in the Park at Gunpowder in the summer- then more kids could attend,too.

At the race for the cure-friends and family members wear blue shirts-cancer patients wear pink shirts. At Ticknick in the Park we could do a similiar thing. Just brainstorming with myself.
Trying to figure out an ongoing, consistent , practical(passive aggressive) way to draw attention to Lyme Disease.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES, there must be a ground swell but to the steps of the CDC and Congress!!

But let's get there this time to make a major statement and to get National Press Coverage!!!

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if there isn't a big turnout this year, there may not be a next year for some people. Because those guidelines are going to shut down treatment for everyone. Anyone in the NE who can walk should be thinking of ways to get there. Bring the whole family. That is the most endemic place in the country. Surely there are a lot of lymies in striking distance of Valhalla.
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lou:
Well, if there isn't a big turnout this year, there may not be a next year for some people. Because those guidelines are going to shut down treatment for everyone. Anyone in the NE who can walk should be thinking of ways to get there. Bring the whole family. That is the most endemic place in the country. Surely there are a lot of lymies in striking distance of Valhalla.

bumping this to the top!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ellenluba
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ellenluba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man!! Lou saId it all.

This is the biggest crisis we have had in Lymeland and anyone who is AT ALL physically capable should attend.

I know we have had crises before, but this is the one that could just shut us down.

ILADS (the group of doctors treating or researching
chronic Lyme disease) has demanded a retraction of the
Guidelines. Please check this out to see just how
shocking the IDSA Guidelines. Go to www.lymenews.org and click on "links" at the left.

Maybe people don't get that these guidelines would
deny us treatment.

In that case, two sample quotes will give you the
flavor of how dangerous these guidelines are:

``Antibiotic therapy has not proven to be useful and is
not recommended for patients with chronic...
subjective symptoms after recommended treatment
regimens for Lyme disease.''

``There is no convincing biological evidence for the
existence of symptomatic chronic B. burgdorferi
infection among patients
after receipt of recommended treatment regimens for
Lyme disease.''

Remember that by "recommended treatment" the IDSA
means 14 to 28 days!! Ya think that's gonna cure you?

CHECK OUT ALL DETAILS OF THE RALLY AT www.lymenews.org

PLEASE COME TO THE RALLY AT NOON ON THURSDAY.

I realize that not everyone who is now very ill will
be able to attend. But please consider the urgency of
this issue, and attend if it is at all physically
possible.

If you don't want to take time off from work to come,
please consider how you will keep working if you are
denied treatment because of these guidelines.

See you there on Thursday.
Ellen

--------------------

Posts: 819 | From New York, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymesucks
Member # 10575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymesucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am in california and a single mom. I WISH i could go..it would be a danger for me to go especially taking them. my sugar is always low i get motion sick...
what i would love to do is also have a mini rally here in the bay area.

Posts: 56 | From bayarea | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicAcorn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a protest rally - So I'll be there!

You need bodies! So I'm going! I just wish to be annonymous and not on an official roster.

MAYBE others wish to be annonymous too!

Acorn

PS - Sorry if this sounds harsh but I've been harrassed for years. It's not fun.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1279 | From In hiding | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sure, absolutely -- be anonymous..

what's great is that you are THERE!

everyone going, bring a small group with you. bring your family, your freinds, your kids friends..

if you are too ill to come or otherwise cannot physically go, consider begging somone you know to go in your place.

-- and keep rallying here to inspire recognition of the situation and RESPONSE.

the organizers have legislators and media attending.

with the current circumstances and these guidelines, this is pretty much a poop or get off the pot kind of situation.

the only reason the IDSA was so brazen to put out
guidelines that would recieve an F in school -
is because they THINK THEY HAVE WON.
so they did a shotty job, publishing a paper that can be torn to shreds if we ONLY GET THE ACTION TAKEN TO SHINE THE LIGHT OF DAY UPON IT - asking the simple question: WHAT ARE YOU BASING THIS ON?!

THEY GAVE US A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY!!

Lyme rights groups, our doctors, legislators RECOGNIZE THIS and have all responded by backing us now, IN THIS MOMENT.

we must present bodies in large numbers. the fastest way to kill the momentum will be if it is only a small group that shows.

we gotta be there, all those who possibly can.

LET'S WORK TOGETHER AND GET BODIES TO VALHALLA, a center for the IDSA -- THIS THURSDAY !!

for details: www.Lymenews.org

mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeDACnow
Member # 4649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeDACnow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MagicAcorn:
It's a protest rally - So I'll be there!

You need bodies! So I'm going! I just wish to be annonymous and not on an official roster.

MAYBE others wish to be annonymous too!

Acorn

PS - Sorry if this sounds harsh but I've been harrassed for years. It's not fun.

I understand your need to remain anonymous. (and others too that may show up unannounced for this reason). But I think the organizers of this event want people to register for the NUMBER of people attending.

I'm sure (well ... no ... not sure of anything these days) I think it would be okay to register without giving any info just fill in the spaces with xxx or something.

They need to know #'s so that WE ALL can be accomadated properly (ie: restrooms, shuttle buses, parking, etc.) I, for one, don't want to drive 3hrs. and not be able to find a place to pee because there are 100 extra people they weren't planning for.

I think if people have a bad experience then they will be reluctant to participate in other events. We need to support each other first.

PS A special thanks for all those woking so hard to make this rally happen.

See you there...

--------------------
"Courage is the mastery of fear-not the absence of it."-Mark Twain

Still trying hard to be brave...Deb

Posts: 82 | From Upstate NY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwenb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwenb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you guys doing a press release so media will know to cover you?

Gwen

Posts: 227 | From vancouver,bc | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Areneli
Member # 6740

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Areneli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice! We have potentially 200000 new cases of Lyme disease every year in the US alone and 150 people are willing to show to support the most essential action.
Posts: 1538 | From Planet Earth | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by the way,

if anyone is not going due to the issue of transportation (organization/costs) PLEASE don't let that stop you.

check the site www.Lymenews.org for information and contacts where you will be able to address the transportation issue.
NO PROBLEM THERE.

also, anyone who can offer assistance with transportation should make contact on the site as well. we're all in this together!

mo

dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would LOVE to go but have just returned to UK from NY....I simply cannot afford to go so soon again. If I would have known about this when I booked my trip before I would have extended it by a few days.

DLL

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeniseS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeniseS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gwen,

Rest assured that the PR angle is being handled. The number of people attending the rally will make the difference in getting the media coverage we so desparately need!

Denise

Posts: 261 | From San Mateo, CA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwenb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwenb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would attend, but I am in Canada on the West Coast.

Gwen

Posts: 227 | From vancouver,bc | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aligondo Bruce
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aligondo Bruce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone who lives within 3 hundred miles of this event and does not attend is a traitor. pure and simple.

if you can't drive, find someone who can. if you can't find a driver, pay for a 300 mile cab ride. ride the bus, take a train. the trains run from DC all the way to boston. it's a short cab ride from the station to valhalla.

the airport of choice is westchester county airport. cars can be rented there and cabs are always available. very short jump from here to the wormhole.

I know, I've done it before.

it will be, in the long run, far better spent than spending that money on anything else.

take a day off of work. do whatever it takes.

if you live within a day's drive of valhalla and you skip out, its' like skipping out on voting. you've lost your right to complain.

Posts: 523 | From Stillwater,OK,USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the strongest message we have to convey, is that these guidelines deny patients acess to the TWO STANDARDS OF CARE for Lyme disease.

there are TWO standards of care (see johnson/stricker at the CALDA site) for Lyme.
like breast cancer/prostate cancer and other diseases, there are more than one accepted standards of care.
(ie: in breast cancer, they were only informing women of mastectomies, long after lumpectanies were available. pateint rights groups PROTESTED, and made the demand that BOTH standards were supplied patients, and they WON)

what these Lyme disease guidelines are doing, is denying the public the basic right to access and knowledge of the other standard.

being that the ILADS standard of care has been published and supported by evidence-based medicine - HERE, ALERT THE PUBLIC OF THIS:
http://www.ilads.org/files/ILADS_Guidelines.pdf

-- and the IDSA guideline's denial of the same!!

the repressive IDSA guidelines are a violation of our civil right to medical care choices.

this is a strong and viable/necessary argument to make!!

ILADS has done all this work for us. USE IT !!!

be in valhalla, as this is what you will be standing for - if you absolutely cannot, do everything possible to compell others to go in YOUR place and be counted. NOW IS THE TIME!!

mo

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 3 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo/others,

I'll contact a couple of online friends who live in the area to see if THEY could attend for me!

I can't come, but this is what I'll be doing back here locally. I'll be picking up ALL THE PETITIONS in the 14 places I have them in town.

Then I'll start the tedious job of entering them on Lynne's using my SHORT-CUT method, and the LDA petition, which has NO short cuts and timeconsuming!

So though I'm unable physically to be there, I'll be working my butt off this way supporting the cause in CONGRESS!

How about others NOT able to attend to work on getting more names for BOTH PETITIONS, and entering them online for all those sitting at the rally? I hope I get MANY offers of people accepting my challenge to YOU! [Big Grin] [group hug] [kiss]

Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a BIG group effort!

[group hug]

Mo
Member # 2863

i just got an email making an important point.

THIS is NOT a "rah-rah" rally ..

this is a PROTEST

an outraged, fight for your right to care
PROTEST !!

we must have large, impressive numbers in order to hope to stop the impact of these guidelines.

please, the IDSA guidelines instructing doctors NOT to treat Lyme, NOT to use any class of ABX except a small ration of DOXY are already being circulated and acted upon.

WE ARE LOOSING OUR PREVIOUS ACCESS TO CARE, as well as the political stand it has taken 25 years to gain.

PROTEST FOR YOUR LIFE, CHILDREN'S LIVES, AND THOSE YET TO BE EFFECTED

BE THERE !! www.Lymenews.org

mo

Aligondo Bruce
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aligondo Bruce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just want to let people in the northeast corridor to know this:

having picked up lyme while on one of numerous trips to visit relatives including very close to lyme CT, I had a very severe trial of late CNS disease, long lasting. my experiences were torturous. my life and those of my loved ones was shattered into a thousand pieces.

Now, I live in Oklahoma because I have to live near my parents and also for insurance network reasons.

I am DRIVING to valhalla, leaving tonight. I have an MD appointment up there in early december, and I decided to just leave early so I could attend the rally.

That is how important this rally is. Please attend if at all possible.

Posts: 523 | From Stillwater,OK,USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can we hire lyme doubles like the movies.
dodave

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mo:
i just got an email making an important point.

THIS is NOT a "rah-rah" rally ..

this is a PROTEST

an outraged, fight for your right to care
PROTEST !!

Oh Great- I just reassured my daughter this was a stand up and be counted rally-not a protest.

I think she is worried about my going-and my coming back to her. I told her she could come too but she doesn't understand the political aspects of it and doesn't like being away from familiar surroundings.

She doesn't understand why I am so angry and insulting towards doctors. She's uncomfortable when I call them IDIOTS and EVIL. I didn't want to point out the fact that we are practically homeless today because of them.

I told her I don't fully understand the political aspects of it either-I just knew this was something I had to do-for her and for her children's children.

Carol B

pq
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UP
Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 4 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We need to take our cue from Aligondo B. This is one of those time when there are very few acceptable excuses.

If you need serious ABX, or think you or your family might at sometime, you need to be at this protest. It is that simple.

Short of facing life-threatening consequences or the moral equivalent if you attend, you really do need to show up!

I consider this event something that merits borrowing money to attend if necessary!

--------------------
"Help Or Be Helpless" Please visit "Activism" board daily. See the threads regarding the IDSA Guidelines crisis and the threads about Dr. Charles Ray Jones and decide how best to help today!

Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm getting up early and driving from Boston. Picking up a few more Lymies en route. There's still room for a few more. Need a ride from MA, send me a pm.

hats

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you got it hats and bruce !!

this is the most critical action we have had to take.

only due to the most extreme circumstances should any one of us, nation-wide, not be coming - you all must know this by now.
the impact of these guidelines is wide-spread and utterly staggering.

-- and those coming should bring a car load and another beside it.

this is do or die.

m

Mo
Member # 2863

AS MAJIC ACORN SUGGESTED, PRINT ALL INFO YOU NEED FOR THE PROTEST OFF OF THE PROTEST SITE NOW,
TODAY, IMMEDIATELY

www.lymenews.org

we can expect some more hacking of Lymenet and other sites in the days prior.

memorize the protest site link, in case Lymenet goes funky again.

the hackers figure Lymies won't be prepared, and know they get lost easily!

mo [Cool]

humanbeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was all set to come but now have surgery of gall bladder WED!!

If I could put it off I would but as I type this I am doubled over in pain...

I am so mad cause I really want to be there...

One idea I had was a sign that has the number of studies on lyme (4,000 I think) and the selected few reviewed to determine the new guidelines 400).

Also, has anyone called the local papers announcing the big protest? This may generate more attendence...

How about news stations to show up for the day?

Any handouts?

I will be checking in to see how things are going from the hospital bed.

Lots of love to you all!!

--------------------
We are spiritual beings on a human journey...

www.ruggierogallery.com

Posts: 906 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yea but even the 400 all refer to the same handful of origional papers.
(most likely written by the riotten 14 themselves)

just holding them accountable by actually CHECKING the 400 footnotes would wipe these guidelines off the credibility map.
not to mention the ignorance of 95% of the available research base!!!!!!!!

DEMAND ANSWERS, DEMAND INVESTIGATION !!

that's why this protest and it's timing are so important.

their guidelines are BOGUS and can be proven as such IF duly challanged!

good luck with the gall bladder surgery human being!

[ 28. November 2006, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Mo ]

Areneli
Member # 6740

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Areneli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*****One idea I had was a sign that has the number of studies on lyme (4,000 I think) and the selected few reviewed to determine the new guidelines 400).****

Total is more like 16000 not 4000.

Posts: 1538 | From Planet Earth | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great article about the protest to use for talking points with media:

http://www.newstimeslive.com/news/story.php?id=1023559

[bow]

MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicAcorn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bumpity Bump Bump!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1279 | From In hiding | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

up

--------------------
 -

DocLand
Member # 7794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DocLand     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since there is no way that I could attend, I calculated how much it would have cost me to go, and then contributed that amount to help sponser another attendee. Just a thought for others who can't go, but have some ability to help financially. Plus, I feel a bit less guilty about not being able to go [Smile]
Kristie

Posts: 31 | From Arlington, VA USA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

your beautiful, Kristie!

here's to a proxy with a loud voice!!

mo

pq
Member # 6886

the attitude of the idsa, and insurance industry, summed up by still, another angel of death:

"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic."
http://celebritymorgue.com/josef-stalin/

Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

....it is time.

Mo
Member # 2863

ALERT FROM PROTEST COMMITTEE:

ATTIRE:

Lyme Green is great but PLEASE no costumes!!!!

We need to be taken seriously! Thank you!

Lyme Rights Committee

...and PLEASE be sure all signs are tasteful and clear.

particularly because pictures will be taken, we must send a serious and clear message tomorrow.

see you there!

[ 29. November 2006, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: Mo ]

sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is YOUR time to speak against the major DUCKS(like Wormser).

Do you want your voice to be heard?

Stand up!....

But not too fast if you have orthostatic hypotension like I did!

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nan
Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My compression fracture in my spine will keep me away. It is killing me. Or I would be there in a heartbeat. I looked for air connections to Westchester County Airport...no luck. Husband says he will tie me to a tree if I try to leave.

[rant] [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------
nan

Posts: 2135 | From Tick Country | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool! Anybody from Danbury on-line now? How about going over to the local commuter rail station and passing out copies of the protest flyer in the parking lot that has folks waiting to pick someone up from the train?

This article from the paper should make the issue of treatment for Lyme fresh in their minds.

I would target the drivers rather than the commuters. Might find more prospects that way who are free to come to the Protest tomorrow.

Handout materials to print out available at www.lymenews.org

[ 29. November 2006, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: FightFireWithWater ]

--------------------
"Help Or Be Helpless" Please visit "Activism" board daily. See the threads regarding the IDSA Guidelines crisis and the threads about Dr. Charles Ray Jones and decide how best to help today!

Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ldfighter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ldfighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up - especially for anyone from the NY metro area who is on the fence about attending:

It's ok if you haven't signed up... PLEASE SHOW UP ANYWAY!!

The new guidelines absolutely will affect EVERYONE under the care of an LLMD.

This is already happening to some. Don't think it can't happen to you.

I don't like scaring people, but these guidelines are scary. The simple truth is that we are ALL in jeopardy if we do not act NOW!

Please be there Thursday. Bring a friend if you can.

www.lymenews.org

Posts: 621 | From US | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shazdancer
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't afford to go -- but I can't afford NOT to go.

See you there.

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ellenluba
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ellenluba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo and everybody,
This is great! You have really been able to convey the sense of urgency about attendance at this protest.

When we really look at what's being done to us, this is outrageous. We are demonstrably very sick, are demonstrably helped by treatment and are being denied help by a few smug, self iimportant "doctors" who seem to be legends in their own minds. You willing to get even sicker to please their egos?

You and I know that if Dattwyler's kid or Wormser's kid developed chronic Lyme disease, they would get all the treatment they wanted, And if Nadelman's kid got bitten by a tick, you can bet he'd get more than two doses of antibiotics.

But for your kids, it's okay to leave them sick!

Please come. This is the most important rally we have ever had.
Ellen

--------------------

Posts: 819 | From New York, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

i'm so excited i can't sleep, and i should sleep.

i really should sleep.

i'll be the one sucking on a thermous of coffee.

to everyone:

GIVE 'EM HELL TOMORROW!

mo

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make a sign for the millions of us who want to be at the rally but aren't...

Something like:

Representing millions
of Lyme/co-infections
sufferers/supporters
who would like to be
at this rally!!

Posts: 13117 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo, I'm like that too .. can't sleep for important events! [Frown]
bigmamma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigmamma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."

Winston Churchill

--------------------
 - Some day, this mamma's gonna dance!  -

Posts: 199 | From here | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement