LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mandatory Pap Vaccinations for Girls

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mandatory Pap Vaccinations for Girls
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are doing it in Texas and other states are now considering it. We are a big business nation!!! This is not off-topic IMO- because I worry that if that happens in CA that it could trigger something in my Lymie-in-remission daughter!! I don't want her to bve vaccinated for anything unnecessary because I have heard so many stories of Lymies relapsing with flu shots! I htink it is wrong to mandate this.
I think our govt is really crossing lines it should not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CaliforniaLyme:
They are doing it in Texas and other states are now considering it. We are a big business nation!!! This is not off-topic IMO- because I worry that if that happens in CA that it could trigger something in my Lymie-in-remission daughter!! I don't want her to bve vaccinated for anything unnecessary because I have heard so many stories of Lymies relapsing with flu shots! I htink it is wrong to mandate this.
I think our govt is really crossing lines it should not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This government is totally out of the peoples control people apathy.

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Almost every state allows you vaccine exemptions based on 'religion', and religion is usually pretty loosely defined.
Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you hear the reason for this mass inoculation? The governer is closely tied (say political fundraisng) with someone from Merck. This is a THANK YOU.

I would fight this, just based on this information. My daughter heard this on the news yesterday, but I don't know which one. When she's awake, I'll ask her.

Kelly

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's totally outlandish to force people to have vaccinations when we know that they are harmful for some, and perhaps many. In this case, there is not even the excuse that it protects the entire populace being at high risk of imminent death. Enough with this epi-pharmi bullying!

--------------------
"Help Or Be Helpless" Please visit "Activism" board daily. See the threads regarding the IDSA Guidelines crisis and the threads about Dr. Charles Ray Jones and decide how best to help today!

Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree about this. I know it has been considered in VA, not sure if they got anywhere with it.

I do not see where the government has a right to mandate vaccinations, especially for non-contagious problems, like this one is.

Speaking of flu vaccinations, I need a good link that explains why Lymies should not have them. I got away from it this year by explaining I haven't made antibodies for over 30 years, so I don't see that it will do any good.

I would like to have good research to show my doctor when he brings it up again next year. He is becoming Lyme Literate, with both feet in, so to speak, but has missed this little nuance.

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nikkib
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nikkib     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are doctors that offer homeopathic vaccines with no side effects. I know of 1 in CT and I saw websites of those in CA. They will sign her paperwork so she can continue on in school! Google "homeopathic vaccines" and you should get info. This is the route a lot of parents are taking who have autistic children. There are also vaccination lawyers if you need a religious exemption. I work with many children with delays so I have accumulated lots of info. -Nikki.
Posts: 129 | From NYC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymex5&counting
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymex5&counting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I claim religious exemption (It is the easiest one)

and several of my

kids go to public school. I have to update it

every 2 years with the state. It needs to be

notarized and they will send you as many copies

as you need for camp, etc. Be firm and stand

your ground. I was kicked out of a local

Pediatrician's office for refusing to immunize

the child I brought in for a check up. She made me

sign papers from the CDC stating I knew the

dangers. And then I left. I wish I hadn't signed

them and told her to kiss my ***. Especially

when she gave me her lame excuse that it was for

the safety of her other patients. Hmmm, if all

her other patients are immunized she must not

have much faith in their efficacy. My oldest who

had a few shots is by far my sickest.

It is supposedly Governer Perry who has the ties.

They won't get a dime of my $.

Just my 2 cents. Lyme x 9

Posts: 399 | From Texas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this is a hard decision for many parents, but 1 out of 4 women have this disease. I know people that have this and it is deadly.
Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Off Topic discussion:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=005951

I VOTE NO!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docjen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for docjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Human papillomavirus (HPV, the virus that causes genital warts) is a contagious pathogen. More than 90% of cases of cervical cancer are caused by HPV, and it is estimated that 60% of women under the age of 25 are carriers of HPV. The HPV vaccine makes more sense to me than Tetanus toxoid.
Posts: 393 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is highly contagious. My daughter's boyfriend told her that he got it from his previous girlfriend. His previous girlfriend was not so responsible and didn't tell him that she had it before she gave him the gift that keeps on giving. He told my daughter this before they had intimate relations. She then did considerable research and talked to the CDC (like they can be trusted)and also to several doctors and to me before she decided to go ahead with the sexual part of the relationship. She immediately caught it and suffered with it for several years.

The problem is that she was and is in love with her boyfriend. They are getting married next year. If they had a vaccine for it when she was making this decision, I'm sure she would have gone for it. Now we find out that I have genetics for cervical cancer on both sides of my family. Worries me for her.

I personally don't feel that the vaccine has been studied long enough to force it on anyone. That said, if you want to stop an epidemic, that's about the only way to do it short of stopping sex and we know that's never going to work.
Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement