LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Ozonated water to reduce herx?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ozonated water to reduce herx?
bejoy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone successfully used ozonated water to reduce the herxheimer reaction.

I have to admit that I have difficulty, no I'm honestly terrified, about committing to treatment because I feel almost kinda okay on my bandaid therapy, and I don't want to hit the floor again.

The Beck protocol says O3 water reduces herx, and that you can easily make an ozonator out of fish tank equipment. I have the specs...Any experience?

bejoy

bejoy

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlisonP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No experience yet, but I just bit the bullet and ordered an ozonator unit yesterday.

As a backup until it gets here, I had some oxygen salts but unfortunately I looked on the bottom and I think they have expired so I may go get more to see if this can help in the meantime.

[Smile]

Alison

--------------------
 -

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. --- Edward R. Murrow

Posts: 923 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please be careful with ozonated water.

The literature about the oxygenation of the blood is soooo compelling, but if you overdo it you can create a herx reaction, rather than reduce one.

If you do choose to try it, go much slower than the indicated instructions. Start with a very small amount, not a whole glass and monitor for any adverse reactions.

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wenan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wenan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone explain ozonated water?
Posts: 104 | From connecticut | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlisonP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is an article that I found helpful:

http://www.sharinghealth.com/beckprotocol/ow.html

[Smile]

Alison

--------------------
 -

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. --- Edward R. Murrow

Posts: 923 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I think you are more likely to create a herx than relieve one - that said, ozone can be helpful.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
break the chains
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for break the chains   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
notes on ozone from bob becks book:

before adding ozone water to the beck protocol, some people were having massive detox and

die off, and felt very uncomfortible.
ozone therapy alleveiates this.

air is pumped through a bubbling stone into chilled water.
depending on strength of equipment the water is saturated in a few minutes and must be drunk

immediately.
(ozone will start to come out right away, it lasts 20-30 min max)
(i give my half gallon 25-30 min. of bubbling)

ultra violet o3 - cheaper but not as effective.

o3 as stand alone is contravesial, but mixed with the blood electrification there is a major

boost to oxygenation of body and rapid detoxification.

measurements show dramatic increase in oxygen in the body within minutes.

o3 unlike other oxygen has a negative charge that specifically counteracts free radical

damage, ``scavange crosslinking'', and recharge depleted cells.
ionic silver assist by restoring free electrons.

o3 rapidly converts(oxidizes) all known toxins and wastes long present int he body to H2O

and CO2 which flushes out quickly without help from colonics, lymp, spleen, liver, kidney,

or other detox.

you cannot use corona discharge for insufflation or anything like that because of nitric

oxides and acids. pure o2 as an input will not give this problem.

medical and welding o2 are the same, but industrial is cheaper.

the colder(much higher saturation) and purer your water(nothing to clean and oxidize), the

deeper the container(more pressure), and a smaller volume of water, the more ozone you will

get in the water.

ideally you want a ``2.5 ft high and 2.5 inch wide container.
(i use a fairly up and down container, but not like this. you want to use glass or pyrex)

how to use:

submerge airstone to bottom and bubble 10oz container of half ice plus 1/2 cold water.

bubble for 2-5 minutes. drink right away. works rapidly, and much better than store bought

oxygen or ozone water.
o3 cannot be stored.

never breathe ozone or ozonated air as it damamges (oxidizes) lung tissue, even in small

quantities.

(really i think its probably partially the junk in the lunks being oxidized)

bob also says that you should drink as much ozonated water as you can confortibly ingest,

but i would think that you should add minerals to yourself if you are drinking a whole lot.

you dont want to leech minerals.

thats what bob beck has.
what i do is chill the water, by putting it outside or in the fridge. i do not use ice, but

i try to get it cold. im drinking a gallon of ozonated water right now in half gallons. i do this every

morning when i get up.
right now i have my gear set up in the bathroom, with the extract fan. you dont want to be breathing ozone. in the summer i set it all up in the garage.

i would start by NOT chilling the water, or using a stone. this will give you less

ozone to start with. i have done this myself when ive been off the ozone, and im getting

back on. its possible to be real toxic, and feel sick from the detox if you hit it too

hard too fast. so i would recommend just starting out with what youve got: tube, no stone,

no chilling. you can probably make a cool bubbler out of the end of your tube if its soft

silicone like mine. i think you can cut it so there is a little peice you turn around and

jam in the bottom hole. and then make needle poke holes all in the tube so it bubbles out of

the holes and the bottom a little.

this stuff really helps! its helping me a lot lately.

Posts: 245 | From connecticut, the lyme state | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used distilled water to help with toxin removal during herxes. Once an alternative doc introduced me to using distilled water, I was amazed how it helped me. I use to post about how amazing distilled water was in my treatment a couple years ago.

Some on this site questioned using distilled water, so I asked this alternative doc why he suggested distilled? He said it's considered empty compared to water that has mineral, trace minerals, other unknown particles. So the distilled water is able to pick up toxins while it's doing it's thing in the organs and carry the toxins out of the body. Other water was full and couldn't carry as much out.

I hope that makes sense. I would drink about a gallon + a day during toxic (herx) period for about 7 days. I loved it when Walgreens would run gallons for 1/2 price and I would stock up. Many believe distilled will also strip your body of minerals and trace minerals that are needed for a healthy body. So yes I did mineral replacement.

That's my experience. Now that my toxic load is reduced, water is my #1 treatment. But now I rotate between filtered and spring water and always drink at least a gallon a day.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the information on distilled water, Pam. I had always wondered about it because I know of two health professionals who believe we should be using only distilled water during certain health protocols and/or detoxing.

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement