LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Melatonin ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Melatonin ?
trueblue
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7348

Icon 5 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
brief history and explanation:
I had taken 3 mgs of Melatonin, oh about, 10-15 years ago to help with sleep. It made me wakeful and unable to sleep so abandoned it. (Chalking it up to maybe I was too young and didn't need Melatonin.)

fast forward to now:
My doc has suggested I try it again at 3 mgs not for sleep, I take an elephant dart for that, but to regulate my sleep cycle.

I've been searching and reading for a few days and have come to the conclusion that 3 mgs may have been too large a dose for me, sending me into hyper mode.

My question:
I see it's available in .5 mgs...
Has anyone having a similar problem with it found the lower dose does not turn them into Ricochet Rabbit?
 - bing, bing, bing...

I'm trying to decide whether to give it a try.

Thanks in advance for any input and/or your experiences if they are similar.

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since it is after 2:00 AM... and you are still wide awake...

My guess is you don't need anything to help you sleep... even the melatonin.

HA!

And by the way.. consider this an email response to your nice note. PLEASE!!! I am on computer number THREE... in the past 3 weeks! Two were brand new ones... and it has been a nightmare. Now I have computer #2 going... which I THINK I am keeping... but need to get rid of the new Vista SUCKS program that is on it ... and go back to Windows XP.

So I have NO email addresses in my address book right now till the new program comes in the mail.. no old emails to refer to... and I have been trying to learn all about Vista, Apple computers, the new high speed internet.. and a ton of other new stuff.. on top of everything else. Anyhow..

If you use the Melatonin brand I recommend.. Source Naturals, 3 mg. tablets.. with TIME RELEASE... (also not expensive)

You can hold the tablets between your thumbs and pointing fingers and snap it in half.

That gives you 1 1/2 mg. per dose. Sometimes that was all I needed. Sometimes I'd break the 1/2 tablet in 1/2 again... and that was all I needed.

I can't say if that will be YOUR response.. but I do know the 3 mg. was too much for me after I started getting in the groove.

I also know some nights NOTHING helped me and I was wired all night long... only sleeping out of pure exhaustion from having NO sleep in days. Kinda like my adrenilin button was stuck in the "ON" position. And possibly the larger dose could have been a factor???

Of course right now I am not using it. Don't need anything for sleep.

I just like to sit up all night here by myself and not go to sleep till the early bird get the worm.

HA!

Night night sweet lady. Hope that helped.. at least maybe it made you smile?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tincup:
You can hold the tablets between your thumbs and pointing fingers and snap it in half.

That gives you 1 1/2 mg. per dose. Sometimes that was all I needed. Sometimes I'd break the 1/2 tablet in 1/2 again... and that was all I needed.

I can't say if that will be YOUR response.. but I do know the 3 mg. was too much for me after I started getting in the groove.

I also know some nights NOTHING helped me and I was wired all night long... only sleeping out of pure exhaustion from having NO sleep in days. Kinda like my adrenilin button was stuck in the "ON" position. And possibly the larger dose could have been a factor???

Of course right now I am not using it. Don't need anything for sleep.

I just like to sit up all night here by myself and not go to sleep till the early bird get the worm.

HA!

[Big Grin]

Ha, it was only 2 minutes to 2 when I posted this. [Big Grin]

Then went to sleep soon after, kinda.

I am taking meds to knock me out but my hours are less than optimal. Something like 1 or 2 am to 9 or 10. If I go to sleep earlier, let's say 11:30... I'm up at 3:30.

The Melatonin is supposedly to restore more normal hours. Not sure if that'll work with the meds, though.

[Roll Eyes]

Thanks TC, I have a question about the line I bolded up top...

Are you saying you had to lower the dose after starting? I'm thinking I may have to start smaller and work up if it'll not work against me. I don't know. I hate to have it erase the good job my regular meds are doing, conking me out.

I am glad it's at least inexpensive if I'm gonna try it. I do hate buying supps and then not being able to use them when I could have had a banana shake, or something instead, which would make me much happier then being wired.

*nods*

Now, I'm also wondering what you are doing to the computers? 3 in 3 weeks, you must be a computer murderer. Didn't you just get a new one a few months ago?

I saw the Vista thing on display in the store, recently. It was visually yucky, bad psuedo 3-D graphic and such. It looked more busy than functional but I haven't tried to use it.

Good Luck, I hope door #2 is the lucky puter for you. Thanks for the thanks and post and let us know when you want emails so you can rebuild your addy book.

And yes you made me smile and it sure is good to see you. [Smile]

Anyone else want to weigh in on the Melatonin/Ricochet Rabbit issue? Were you able to get around the hyper thing and how?

(please note: I also get wired from Zantac, Benedryl(but only at night), SSRIs, trycyclics, Biaxin and almost anything that may have aggitation as a side effect.)

--------------------
more light, more love

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About 2 weeks ago, I also tried Melatonin for the first time. I broke one 3mg pill in half and it made me really really sleepy - for about half an hour! Then, it made me hyper and I lay awake ALL night, it was a nightmare as I had a flight to catch the next day and hours of travel, etc.

Not sure I dare try it again

Now I'm just taking Benadryl again which works well, even if just for 4-5 hours.

DLL

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
char
Member # 8315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for char     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Melatonin 3mg helps myself and 2 kids to get down. I am also taking a sleep med.

For us it seems to push us over that edge from awake to asleep and get down.

Weird how a substance that calms one person's system overstimulates another person's system.

Seems like a real low dose trial wouldn't hurt, but sounds to me(not a dr.) that something else could be a better solution for you.

My daughter has enjoyed awesome sleep after severe problems with treatment for Postural Orthostatic Hypotension. Veins overly dialated and one effect this can have is to set adrenal racing to pump heart faster to compensate.

Once we got her treated so that adrenals were not overworking she is sleeping real well. I just read that Melatonin in some cases not good for those with a dysautonomic condition.

Just throwing that out there...

Hope you get some zzzz's

Char

Posts: 1230 | From US | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks DLL,
That's pretty much what I'm afraid of. I was young and stubborn and forced myself to do 4 days worth last time.

It's almost 15 years later and I'm still worried about it happening again. Maybe 1/4? I don't know... a pediatric dose of benedryl keeps me up all night.

I'm so sorry to hear about being robbed of sleep and having to travel, ugh! I did that last week, as well, it sucks the big one. [group hug]

--------------------
more light, more love

trueblue
Member # 7348

quote:
Originally posted by char:

My daughter has enjoyed awesome sleep after severe problems with treatment for Postural Orthostatic Hypotension. Veins overly dialated and one effect this can have is to set adrenal racing to pump heart faster to compensate.

Once we got her treated so that adrenals were not overworking she is sleeping real well. I just read that Melatonin in some cases not good for those with a dysautonomic condition.

Just throwing that out there...

Hope you get some zzzz's

Char

Thank you, thank you, Char!

I've had postural hypotension all along and an unproven diagnosis of Dysautonima(sp?) Nobody wants to deal with these things.

Out of curiosity what was the treatment?

I have no problem falling asleep, and mostly staying that way, with the Xanax and Kolonopin I'm taking.

I think I shouldn't mess with this until I speak to the sleep doc. I think he would veto this idea.

Thanks for the perspective. And I'm so happy to hear your daughter is having awesome sleep. [Smile] Most Excellent!

--------------------
more light, more love

treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Parasites can transmit diseases, such as Chagas, that can cause POTS symptoms. Some patients report developing POTS after having Lyme disease.

from
http://www.dinet.org/what_causes_pots.htm

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melatonin is also a hormone and a Superantioxident
I had what I would call a herx like reaction the first few days I went on it.

--------------------
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried it also. I sleep for about an hour or so then WHAM, jittery with nightmares and couldn't sleep the rest of the evening.

So it's a no for me.......think I'll just try Sominex or something.......

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Thanks Tree!

There's also the possibility of porphyria, viruses, thyroid issues, etc, on top of the Lyme that could be contributing. That and the Babs I've had for 25 years and am only treating now. [Roll Eyes]

(Super antioxident? Hmmm... was it an awake type of herx... like... let's say... Biaxin? [Wink] )

--------------------
more light, more love

trueblue
Member # 7348

quote:
Originally posted by randibear:
I tried it also. I sleep for about an hour or so then WHAM, jittery with nightmares and couldn't sleep the rest of the evening.

So it's a no for me.......think I'll just try Sominex or something.......

Yup, that's it. Just like you and DLL describe.

Randi ~ I had fairly good results with Valerian root, alone or in combination for many years. It stinks, like dirty socks, but allowed me to sleep and even relax during the day.

--------------------
more light, more love

treepatrol
Member # 4117

quote:
Originally posted by trueblue:
Thanks Tree!

(Super antioxident? Hmmm... was it an awake type of herx... like... let's say... Biaxin? [Wink] )

When I got up in the morning I hurt all over and it happened 3 days in a row and it was not in timewith my herx I was also on biaxin xl,& mepron at that time.

--------------------

Newbie Links

Nebula2005
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nebula2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone is low, which happens with chronic sickies, taking melatonin won't help, because your body can't use it.

This is according to Dr. Shoemaker, "Mold Warriors" guy.

I get a headache from it. But, taking small amounts may help your body adjust.

Posts: 353 | From Florida boonies | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Ugh, Tree, I hate when stuff does that.

A weird thing, I accidentally took 2 oil of oregano capsules before bed one night. (Ok, ok, the bottle looked the same as my acidophilus.) I slept better and woke feeling rested. Occasionally, I would take one at night and get better sleep. (No one could explain it.)

I ran out of those capsules and the store doesn't have them anymore. [Frown] So, I go and buy a small bottle of the oil... if I take that at night, in water OR in a capsule, I wake up in a herx... feeling worse and hurting all over. go figure

--------------------
more light, more love

trueblue
Member # 7348

quote:
Originally posted by Nebula2005:
If your Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone is low, which happens with chronic sickies, taking melatonin won't help, because your body can't use it.

This is according to Dr. Shoemaker, "Mold Warriors" guy.

I get a headache from it. But, taking small amounts may help your body adjust.

Thank you, Nebula,
I had to google to see the connection, apparently I didn't research this near well enough as I didn't know Melatonin and Melanin were related, duh, the begining should have given it away. [Roll Eyes]

I wonder if small amounts might help my body adjust and if, eventually, my skin might go back to it's normal pigment. I also wonder if any of my logic makes any sense. [Wink]

--------------------
more light, more love

Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blue,
Melatonin is also available in a sublingual form.

Source Naturals, Melatonin Orange Flavored, 1 mg, 300 Tablets
http://www.iherb.com/store/ProductDetails.aspx?c=Herbs&pid=SNS-00708

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Thanks Carol,
I did see that and thought, "Ew, St Joseph's baby aspirin flavor!" (ruined artificial orange for me for life.) [lol]

They do make it in, I think, peppermint, as well.

I'm still mulling it over. The healthfood store woman said the same thing. That with Melatonin sometimes less is more. Apparently a lot of people have this issue with it.

If I trying at all... I'd probably try the one TC likes, it's one of the cheapest and can be broken into tiny pieces. All 3 good reasons. [Smile]

Have you tried any Carol?

--------------------
more light, more love

Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One important thing to mention... AGAIN.

For those who tried melatonin.. then woke up and couldn't sleep...

Remember...

TIME RELEASED!!!!! You need the TIME RELEASED formula.

The first time I took it, I used the regular stuff. It worked wonders.. and I fell asleep nicely. But in 2 hours I was up and WIDE awake.

Being ever so thankful for the 2 hours sleep a night.. as I had gotten NO sleep for months.. I didn't complain.

However, during my next trip to the health food store, I asked about the situation and if I could take a second tablet after the 2 hours.

They said to use the TIME RELEASED melatonin. I bought it and it worked even better!

I was able to sleep about 6 hours.. real nice... and wake up NOT groggy.

Sooooooooooooo.. for those who used it and it worked.. then you woke up VERY refreshed (even over stimulated) and couldn't go back to sleep.. remember..

TIME RELEASED!!!

Also I was told NOT to use the sublingual.. or any melatonin with additives. I didn't ask why at the time.. so I don't know why.. so don't ask me.

[Razz]

True...

Yes.. I eventually lowered the dose as I got treated for the TBD's and started feeling better. I found I didn't need as much after a few months.

I also noted that I didn't need as much because.. and I will call it "over medicating" for lack of a better word.... but because I was eventually waking up more groggy than normal... so I figured I MAY not need it anymore???

THEN I started lowering the dose. And the lower doses worked fine... then I eventually stopped it.

Did my brain/body take over and start producing the hormone? Did I get what I needed? I don't know. But it worked well for me... and I noticed that my body seemed to be saying to lower the dose by giving me a groggy morning. So I lowered the dose and it worked well.

IF I were to use it again.. I would start on a lower dose and work my way UP if needed.

Everyone is different though.. and some don't do well on it.

Best advise I've got- Listen to your body.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

N said.. "If your Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone is low, which happens with chronic sickies, taking melatonin won't help, because your body can't use it."

Interesting info, N. But not real sure about it as I have seen differently.

If that were always true.. then I would have to say my use of melatonin was a placebo effect.. cause it certainly worked for me. I've seen it work well for many others too... but then I didn't know THEIR MSH levels at the time.

My MSH is low.. very very low. And for some reason the melatonin worked for me.

But then I am WEIRD!!!

Or.. could that theory be for MOLD sick folks.. not active infection (TBD's) sick folks?

I dunno?? Got any ideas? You've got me thinking.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 14 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you TC, I got it! [Big Grin]

The doc actually recomended another brand but it had no additives. However, it was not time-released and in a capsule making it much more difficult to split. (Opening up probiotics and dumping them in your mouth so you can have the empty cap to use because you're too lazy to go to the store gets old pretty fast. [Razz] )

His advise if you woke up during the night was to take another one. All good if that works, I suppose. (and you are't already overmedicated by it)

The capsules use hypoallergenic plant fiber derived from pine cellulose as filler.

The Source Naturals TR Tablets have binders, etc...
not that they'd be a problem, for me, just an observation.

I had to look because I know you have to hold a tablet together with something. (That job in the vitamin bottling company wasn't for naught. [Smile] )

I'm assuming the binders make it break down slower causing the timed-release effect because the info on them say they may be split.

I'm really just typing this out loud to see what else I learned today. [Big Grin]

I'll probably hold off until I'm ready and give the tablets a try. Not this week I just added Artemisinin, again, ha, it may be a while.

Did I remember to say thank you? Well, thank you again, k?

On to my next project... nattokinase NSK-SD. That one's taking me longer to work out.

--------------------
more light, more love

SunRa
Member # 3559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SunRa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey there, my head cant handle reading all the other reponses right now so i apologize if i'm repetitive...

but i wanted to tell you that i tried 3mg and was a wreck - insomnia, nightmares, panicky, etc.

so my dr had me try just .5 and i had no reaction, but it didnt help either. with trial and error, i've found 1.5mg to be my perfect dose. in combination with a few other things, it helps me get to sleep. sometimes anyways.

some people can take 10mg, others only .5mg - so you may want to try it.

also, GiGi/Dr K say if you react strongly to Melatonin, it may indicate heavy metal toxicity.

Posts: 1563 | From MA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey True

Not up to reading the othe posts tonight so forgive me if someone mentioned this.

If you have a pill cutter you can cut it in half. I do this when I need more than 3 mg but not double dose...it cuts well.

Maybe try & cut the 3 mg pill in half then cut the hlaf in half. I am foggy tonight but I think that would give you aprox .5 mg melatonin.

hope this helps & you can get more zzzzzzzzz [sleepy]
Dana

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catalysT
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catalysT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've found methylcobalamin (methyl-b12) IntraMuscular injections to be great for circadian rhythm normalization. There are studies to back up it's efficacy. It retrains the eye to be more sensitive to light etc, and normalizes the sleep cycle.

But yea, if you want to do a low dose melatonin that'd be ideal for this. I forgot how long before sleep your supposed to take the instant release.

I myself like jarrow 1mg sustained release. I didn't like the source natural 3 mg's as much, I woke up feeling groggy. Although I have eaten a few 1mg of the jarrows and been alright.

--------------------
"You know, the worst, meanest, nastiest, ticks in the world are politicks," - Steve Nostrum

Posts: 242 | From South NJ | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Thank you SunRa and Dana,
Yours is exactly some of the input I was hoping for.

I had the same experience with 3mg and think going at it at a small dose is probably worth a try.

Sunra ~ thank you for metioning heavy metals in connection with this. I have been a metal worker and been employeed in industries where I had repeated metal exposure. I've finally, thought to mention that fact to a doc and they immediately agreed to test me. I've not had it done yet.

Dana ~ thank you for the cutting advice, TC said similar. 1/4 would give me about .75 mgs. Worst case I can chop it up in tinier pieces, maybe try as a few grains. [Wink]

CatalysT ~ Thank you for the input and information on the brand and dosage you have used. Much appreciated.

I'm a bit concerned (and afraid) about B-12. I've only taken it sublingual and, unfortunately, it was cyanocobalamin; I didn't know better at the time. I've never tried IM but did find the increase in B-12 appeared to increase my uptake of iron. I tested with high iron levels after playing with it for a month or so. [Eek!]

Thank you so much for your input, one and all. [kiss]

--------------------
more light, more love

Nebula2005
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nebula2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TC--

I don't know if I believe the low MSH thing or not, I was just throwing it out there. . .

It explained for me why melatonin didn't work, but with hormones, as with life, finding a balance is the challenge.

I shouldn't say melatonin didn't WORK for me exactly, maybe it helped me sleep but I woke up feeling hungover. But then, I have issues with just about everything I've ever taken.

I do have some sleep aid spray from Vitamin World that also has passionflower and valerian in it--you're supposed to spray it under your tongue and hold it there.

It's just a little hard to coordinate it with toothpaste use at bedtime, because it tastes like doo and even worse after toothpaste, but if you use it first, then wait for it to be absorbed before you brush your teeth, it's not too bad.

It's easy to adjust the dose, though, if you use less than the six sprays it says.

I'll have to try it again and see how I feel.

[Smile]

Posts: 353 | From Florida boonies | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

quote:
Originally posted by Nebula2005:
TC--

I don't know if I believe the low MSH thing or not, I was just throwing it out there. . .

It explained for me why melatonin didn't work, but with hormones, as with life, finding a balance is the challenge.

I shouldn't say melatonin didn't WORK for me exactly, maybe it helped me sleep but I woke up feeling hungover. But then, I have issues with just about everything I've ever taken.

I do have some sleep aid spray from Vitamin World that also has passionflower and valerian in it--you're supposed to spray it under your tongue and hold it there.

It's just a little hard to coordinate it with toothpaste use at bedtime, because it tastes like doo and even worse after toothpaste, but if you use it first, then wait for it to be absorbed before you brush your teeth, it's not too bad.

It's easy to adjust the dose, though, if you use less than the six sprays it says.

I'll have to try it again and see how I feel.

[Smile]

That hungover feeling was also present with me it only lasted about week and half.
Also headache in morning hit and miss?

I havent been taking it now for almost 3 weeks a will do it again later and see if I have the same symptoms again BUT this time writing everything down time date and what.

--------------------

Newbie Links

Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey N... you said.. "I don't know if I believe the low MSH thing or not, I was just throwing it out there. . ."

Good.. cause I REALLY don't like to think the placebo effect got me! HA! Thanks for sharing. And it could be true.. for some?

As you said.. "It explained for me why melatonin didn't work, but with hormones, as with life, finding a balance is the challenge."

BINGO!

You are 100 percent right on there!

[Big Grin]

```````````````````````````````````````````````

ALSO NOTE-

I would sometimes wake up a bit groggy.. but...

It was because I was taking the Melatonin too late at night.

With the higher doses I had to take it shortly after supper.

Hope that explains/helps?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement