LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » "I have built a Doug Rife machine." Update

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "I have built a Doug Rife machine." Update
Dave6002
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave6002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And it's working at first try.

Just want to share the happiness.

[ 30. April 2007, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: Dave6002 ]

Posts: 1078 | From Fairland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! You are both inventive and brave!

Please keep us informed.

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean a Doug Rife???

Congrats!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave6002
Member # 9064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave6002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Doug.

[bow] Pls forgive me for the 'h'.

I am just one year into treatment, I still have 'brain fog' [bonk]

Posts: 1078 | From Fairland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave6002
Member # 9064

Thanks, girls for your encouragement.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] You sure had me puzzled there for a minute!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It takes some guts to try something that the powers that be call "quackery" so congratulations on your courage and your initial results.

Lyme is actually only one thing this will help you with, but you will find that out yourself with time.

Please keep a journal of your progress. I would like to know how you progress over time with the "Doug".

We are using a GB-4000 for my wife and she is back to normal except for an occasional joint pain flare-up. But, we do not know yet if it will totally eliminate the disease.

I will buy or build a Doug Coil if it is significantly more effective than our current machine. I would like to compare your progress with our experience. I hope you get as good or even faster results than we did.

D Bergy

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave6002
Member # 9064

http://dougrife.googlepages.com/home

I have put three pictures of my home-made Doug device on my home page(see above link) for those who might be interested in what it looks like and how simple it is.

... and might give you some clues if you want to make one.

Dave

robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What does it cost to build? I cannot do it but I do have a friend that could. Wondering what the time and $ commitment is.

thanks,
robi

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave6002
Member # 9064

The most expensive part is the amplifier, which is around $530.

The rest cost is:

Capacitors: $155;
Resistors:$26
Multi-meter Meterman 37XR: $136
500ft 12 gauge solid copper wire for coil: $50
Switches: $20

Total: $387+530=$917 plus some miscellanea about $100 so around $1000.

I got all the orders at the end of last month and I spent some of my spare time after work and some weekends.

If work full time, it would take me one week to finish.

For a healthy person 2 to 3 days I guess.

Dave

hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave,

Would you consider making one for an electonics dummy--that would be me? Hiker

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave,
Thanks for the info $1000 still makes it out of my reach but wayyyyy closer than the $3000 to buy one made. I am gonna start saving my pennies.

robi

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave6002
Member # 9064

Hi, Hiker,

Thank you for your interest.

However, as you can see from the pictures, it is far from as a product.

Now there are coil machines available on the web:

http://www.coilmachine.com/

Take care.

Dave

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave,

My Dan Tracy machine doesn't look that professional, either, but it works and was cheap. I am serious. I can't afford the $3000 plus the coil plus the shipping asked by a manufacturer for a Doug Coil Rife, but I could afford to pay someone to build one. (As long as it came with simple detailed instructions) [Razz]

Blessings to you. Hiker

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave6002
Member # 9064

Hiker, that's true. So far my Doug works very well.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/qsc1850hd/

At the above website, there are files about how to build a Doug machine.

You need to join this group and it's free.

Before I thought it's hard, now I feel it's quite simple.

Dave

Dave6002
Member # 9064

I felt obviously better both yesterday and today, just two days into Doug Rife treatment.

Just wondering if the Doug is so effective or it's Placebo effect.

Hard to believe it.

I ran 306, 432 and 1516Hz at 15A each 5 minutes daily.

D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it is a placebo effect, enjoy it while it lasts.

If it is not, you will continually improve.

I would lay off a few days or you could be in for a monster delayed Herx. You have a very powerful device and you could be in for a world of suffering.

Hopefully you are just naturally fast at detoxing.

Best Regards

D Bergy

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James H
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Dave, that's really great!

That is a big advantage a Doug machine has over something like I built... anyone can build it without having to be a radio station engineer or something, and it will probably work and work right. Even if it looks a little crude by some people's standards, it is a thing of beauty too. [Smile]

About the cost... I see one way to shave about $100 off. Just use a plain old fashioned analog AC ammeter instead of the digital multimeter to measure the output. You could probably get a suitable one off eBay for $10 or so.

Analog ammeters nearly always have a shunt, which is simply a calibrated metal bar that bypasses most of the current around the actual meter. This may be built in to many smaller meters. I think the meter's shunt would also eliminate the need for that hand full of 1 ohm resistors.

Of course a digital multimeter that can measure inductance etc. is very handy for building and troubleshooting it, so maybe you need that anyway.

Great job!

James

[ 18. April 2007, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: James H ]

Posts: 714 | From San Antonio TX | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave6002
Member # 9064

Thanks, DB and James for your input. Your words are always inspiring, and I value them highly.

Probably I already had some herx from the powerful machine: most of my symptoms have been significantly lessened, some symptoms did worsen, like sole pains and itches.

However, I didn't expect major herx as I was 70% recovered before trying Doug, and I thought my bug load has been lowered enough to avoid serious herx.

I could be wrong and later may need back off.

But for now, I plan to do everyday at beginning and see how far I can go.

I really hate these bugs and want to finish them once and all.

So I didn't stop abx either.

Wish me luck.

Dave

Dave6002
Member # 9064

D Bergy, maybe you are right.

Last night I felt my whole body unbearable cold, radiating from the spine.

This only happened to me about one year and a half ago, when I became ill.

Since then, I usually felt hot, at beginning unbearable hot.

So this must be a reaction to the Doug machine, a herx, not a coincidence?

I really hope that this is a good sign that the Doug is working for me.

By the way, yesterday morning, I rifed at 1518 for 5 minutes with my 5-year old daughter, who I believe also has Lyme, and she didn't express any uncomfortable.

But last evening, she refused to rife.

So probably she also had a herx?

In your opinion, should I stop at least for today?

Thanks.

Dave

D Bergy
Member # 9984

I do not feel there is any reason to Rife any more often than every three days. Of course, how often has more to do with the ability of the person to detox in between than anything else but I do not think there is much to gain by doing it more often than that.

Every two weeks should be the longest time between treatments until you have had zero symptoms for an extended period of time. We have not got to that point yet.

I would like to hear James thoughts on this. He has lots of experience with Lyme. He also understands Rife machines from the ground up better than most anyone.

Maybe Rife every three days for Lyme and run some co-infection frequencies on an alternate day. Babesia seems to be a common co-infection.

If your daughter has not had Lyme for very long, antibiotics may resolve it completely. But, I do not know your situation. Most doctors around my area cannot diagnose or treat Lyme properly. That is why we were forced to do this on our own. Way too late for antibiotics by the time they got done misdiagnosing.

Keep up the fight. You are winning!

D Bergy

James H
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't used a coil machine, so I cannot speak from experience there. They do have a reputation for provoking monster herxes if overdone, so I would tend to err on the side of caution until you get to know it.

You can go by how you feel. If it gives you a herx, you don't want it to be too brutal. And, most important, you want to start feeling better once any herx is out of the way.

If you all you get is more suffering and no improvement, perhaps it is not a herx at all, just a flare-up from ineffective (or no) treatment.

If you feel better, but stretch the sessions out too far apart, it might be hard to gain any ground. You'll probably figure out a routine that works best.

I wouldn't try to compare using a coil machine with using my contraptions. They are such totally different annimals, and mine seem to work on the cyst form, while a Doug supposedly works against the spirochete form.

By experience we have found ours gives the best results used very frequently, as often as twice a day for 20 minutes or so. From the comments I have read, I don't think many people would want to run a Doug that often.

Despite having giant vacuum tubes and high RF voltages that even got Joe Ham's attention, it is a very gentle machine with a soothing effect.

Herxes from it are more of a sense of systemic toxicity 6 or 7 hours after its use, and only last a few hours most of the time. If we miss a few days, we start to get symptoms again. It is a different animal.

Keep in mind, that in terms of raw watts, a Doug machine is putting out alot more power than the scary monsters I've built. The energy is in a much different form, of course.

[ 18. April 2007, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: James H ]

Posts: 714 | From San Antonio TX | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James H
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6380

Icon 3 posted      Profile for James H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And yes, the question HAS crossed my mind...

What would happen if the 'scary high powered RF contraption' AND a Doug coil were used together?

So many things to do, and so little time! [Big Grin]

GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have done literally everything else and got well that way, but I would not consider going near a Doug, not for a minute. I practically live
minutes from the inventor, Doug. I talked to him years ago.

We prefer biological currents, such as microcurrent. Slow, steady, and safe entrainment of the immune system disabling the microbes from replicating.

Hope you will do well with whatever you choose.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James H
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6380

That is a popular viewpoint.

I would just want to see some hard evidence that a very subtle approach against a not so subtle set of diseases... ones the body has few defenses against... was actually doing something.

Some things can be very philosophically pleasing but woefully ineffective. The opposite can also be true. I prefer to keep an open mind toward all of them, but to also look for hard evidence.

I've never used a Doug, but I have no prejudice against them on the basis of strong magnetic fields being a popular villain of today.

There seem to be alot of people using them.

Dave6002
Member # 9064

Thank you all for the intelligent words.They are very good food for thoughts.

I was also thinking RF was a good idea, but don't know if it's possible on Doug.

Another question I have is why not use more power that exceed 15A, see 20 or 30A?

I didn't read that people use more than 15A.

Isn't it necessary or technically impossible?

Dave

James H
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6380

Dave,

An RF machine would be a totally different animal, not something that could be added to a Doug. Some of us have been known to accumulate a few machines, though. [Big Grin]

I think the 15a magic number came about because that was how much the amps could put out without overheating or causing the coils to overheat.

How are you measuring the 15 amps? If you are measuring the voltage across a bundle of 1 ohm resistors with your multimeter, consider the possibility that it isn't accurate.

I mention this since you said it was just barely getting warm. A little excess resistance or less than solid connections to the shunt (resistors) and it might be indicating 15 amps when there is really only 8 amps.

The exact number isn't really important anyway. The objective is for it to put out as much as it can without anything getting too warm.

[ 18. April 2007, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: James H ]

Dave6002
Member # 9064

James, thanks.

Yes, I measure the voltage between the resistors, which give 0.2 ohm.

Like you said I don't trust much of the value. The main concern is if the 0.2 ohm is accurate.

Anyway, at the end of running 1518 Hz, the coil did getting hot and melting. So seems it's powerful.

By the way, the machine seems working. Because I have been coughing and having sore throat since yesterday, and general fatigue and sore knees were worsen.

I never had this symptom from my memory. So it's definitely caused by the machine.

I hope it's not a side effect but a herx.

And I have stopped abx and herbs since yesterday, but taking red root tincture and some Chlorella powders for detoxing.

So maybe I should follow D Bergy's suggestion rife every three days for Lyme and run some co-infection frequencies on an alternate day.

Best wishes to all of you.

Dave

Dave6002
Member # 9064

Two weeks have been passed without abx since I started rifing.

So far so good without major setbacks and herx.

I have been rifing extensively, over 30 times now.

Seem overall I am improving.

Hopefully, I can keep going this way for another two-week.

Wish me luck.

Dave

Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annxyz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep us posted on your results !

--------------------
ANNXYZ

Posts: 744 | From Mineola | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Sounds like you are doing well so far. That is good news, but this process does not usually go in a straight line. If you suffer a set back do not be surprised. But, you have a very effective machine and that may change the usual process.

I would also run some Babesia frequencies occasionally. I suspect that they may work but it would be nice if I could see if they work for others also. I am trying to confirm or not confirm some of the reactions we have got, with others treating with Rife devices.

I will wish you luck, but I think you are going to do O.K. without any luck involved. Time will tell the whole story.

Thanks for keeping us informed. It helps everyone using the same methods.

D Bergy

Dave6002
Member # 9064

Thanks, D Bergy, for your comments.

Today, my sole pains, ear ringing, insomnia were worsen. They are tolerable though.

Sole pains and ear ringing had been greatly lessened after on Bart meds, i.e. Levaquin and Doxy.

So I am frustrated on whether it's a herx or a relapse.

And I am fighting myself: resuming Bart meds or not.

Maybe I should wait and see how worse the symptoms can go.

By the way, do you have preferred Babsia frequencies?

I can get some frequencies from the CAFL v2006-11-3.

I would like to try what you suggested.

Although personally I tend to think that I don't have Babsia, cuz two rounds of Mepron/Zith/Arte. didn't help me.

But who knows.

Dave.

D Bergy
Member # 9984

You may not have Babesia, I did not know you had already treated for it.

We just used the frequencies from tha CAFL and programmed them into our machine.

If your problem is a herx it should go away in a couple of days if you stop treating. If not then I would think it would be a relapse. Are you still treating every day?

D Bergy

Dave6002
Member # 9064

Today, I am very happy to noticed that the itchy-crawling things on my face have been gone.

This symptom had been with me for over six months.

I am not sure if I can attribute this to riffing.

Though I feel riffing is working, it may take long time.

Also I added 600mg of Rifampin daily a week ago, which helped immediately with the sole pains and ear ringings, which seem to be symptoms of Bart.

I may need to take abx to control or even eliminate Bart. while riffing.

D Bergy
Member # 9984

I have no experience with Bart and Rife. I have not even heard of anyone that has tried it.

Take whatever you need to to get rid of the co-infections. They seem to increase as the Lyme decreases. I wish I knew more about the co-infections as they seem to be as much of a problem as the Lyme itself.

I think my wife only had Babesia along with Lyme and I am not positive of that. She has been doing even better lately. It seems to be getting farther and farther between episodes of joint pain. The summer sun may change all of this.

It can be a slow process. Not a strait line but you will get there.

I don't know what the face crawly things are all about, but I am glad you got rid of them. Does not sound pleasant.

Thanks for the update and good luck.

D Bergy

Dave6002
Member # 9064

Thanks, D Bergy.

I am glad for your wife's progress, which is very encouraging: seems riffing is very effective in controlling Lyme(and Babesia?).

I hope that your wife will be symptom-free soon.

Yes, co-infections may be the real culprits for chronic Lyme.

The Bb bacteria may have been long gone after several months of abx.

Anyway I feel that I am improving on riffing, which still amazing me. cause the mechanism is not very clear to me.

Dave

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement